PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Faculty who sell their Bama tickets

Schultzy
10-25-2015, 08:34 PM
Will lose their buying privileges for all sports for life. Their season ticket spots will be sold to the public at large next season.

This will be checked through the panorama pic of the stadium and they say it's hi def. Just know.

SDDawg
10-25-2015, 08:39 PM
That's a weird rumor. I do think it's a good idea to keep your tickets or sell them to State fans though. Let's not let big brother take over.

Harrydawg
10-25-2015, 08:43 PM
This is a great idea and I hope it's true. I know people who have multiple sets of tickets and some they give to there kids, kids sale them......really sux and if my kid did that, it'd be the last ticket I gave him.

shoeless joe
10-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Will lose their buying privileges for all sports for life. Their season ticket spots will be sold to the public at large next season.

This will be checked through the panorama pic of the stadium and they say it's hi def. Just know.

I'm assuming you mean selling them to bama fans?

archdog
10-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Yeah, lets keep this our color of maroon.

Schultzy
10-25-2015, 08:49 PM
I'm assuming you mean selling them to bama fans?

Yep, if you've already sold them to Bama fans you better ask them to wear maroon or get your tickets back.

IMissJack
10-25-2015, 08:53 PM
They shouldn't have those good of seats anyway for discount. This is not 1985 when we could not sell out a 35K seat stadium. ETA-I don't believe this rumor, and I would not like the idea of tracking fans on camera that have done nothing wrong.

godlluB
10-25-2015, 08:55 PM
That's ridiculous, impossible to enforce, and probably illegal.

I have an out of state professional obligation every year that almost always coincides with the Alabama game. Several years ago I sold my tickets(at face value) to a colleague who was an MSU professor at the time. He had family coming into town and was looking for tickets for them. After the game, I found out that his family members were Alabama fans. I'd have burned the tickets before selling them to him had I known, but the guy had no ties to Alabama that I was aware of, and it never occurred to me to ask.

AFDawg
10-25-2015, 09:01 PM
That would be impossible to enforce. People don't always sit in the exact seat corresponding to their ticket.

shoeless joe
10-25-2015, 09:02 PM
They shouldn't have those good of seats anyway for discount. This is not 1985 when we could not sell out a 35K seat stadium.

Seats aren't all that great. Too low. Equivalent to recruit tix just on opposite side.

jbjones
10-25-2015, 09:05 PM

You believe this? Total Stupidity. No way to police it. I agree with godlluB

IMissJack
Seats aren't all that great. Too low. Equivalent to recruit tix just on opposite side.

There are a lot of people on the West side that pay a heck of a lot for those seat equivalents. I understand that we have always had faculty/employee tickets there, and think we should still have faculty discounts for seats somewhere, but there are plenty of people sitting in that section that are not faculty/employees .

FanninDawg
The seats are great. 50 yard line mid way up.

dawgoneyall
10-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Yes there is.

Blackout
10-25-2015, 09:42 PM
We still employ Bracky Brett and yall think we will do anything like this? It's probably a violation on his watch that the stadium isn't split evenly 50/50

godlluB
10-25-2015, 09:45 PM
There are a lot of people on the West side that pay a heck of a lot for those seat equivalents. I understand that we have always had faculty/employee tickets there, and think we should still have faculty discounts for seats somewhere, but there are plenty of people sitting in that section that are not faculty/employees .

There are a lot of faculty and staff who have given most of their adult lives working for this university, often making less money than they could in the private sector. Allowing them to purchase decent seats for athletics events doesn't seem like an unreasonable perk. Without those faculty and staff, there wouldn't be any football team to watch.

By the way,faculty and staff only get up to two discounted tickets, we pay full price (less the donation for the right to buy the ticket that the public may have to make) for the tickets for hte rest of our families.

Joe Schmedlap
10-25-2015, 10:11 PM
There are a lot of faculty and staff who have given most of their adult lives working for this university, often making less money than they could in the private sector. Allowing them to purchase decent seats for athletics events doesn't seem like an unreasonable perk. Without those faculty and staff, there wouldn't be any football team to watch.

By the way,faculty and staff only get up to two discounted tickets, we pay full price (less the donation for the right to buy the ticket that the public may have to make) for the tickets for hte rest of our families.

Do other SEC programs have a comparable program that provides discounted seats in desireable locations for faculty?

sandwolf
10-25-2015, 10:26 PM
I hope like hell this is true. I sit in section 19.....section 20 is the faculty section (which is on the 50 yard line) and it always has a shit load of opposing fans in it. The faculty section ought to be next to the student section anyway......no reason we should be giving away prime seats for a discount.

MSUDawg4Life
10-25-2015, 10:27 PM
smh

... so gullible ....

sleepy dawg
10-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Can't be true, but I wish it was. Who's to say a faculty member couldn't bring a bama fan with them to the game?

I had 9 Kentucky fans in a row directly in front of me this week... about as many at the LSU game. It totally ruins my game experience. When Kentucky went up on us, one of the old f*cks turned around and asked to ring our cowbell. I wanted to kick him punch him in the face.

the59dawg
10-25-2015, 11:01 PM
First thing I njoticed when I walked out the gate entrance to the stadium at sec 4/3 was the two groups of blue across the field. One was the usual location for the visiting team and the other was across the field about the 40 yd line in the lower part of the section closer to the band..

Perpetual Underachiever
10-25-2015, 11:53 PM
smh

... so gullible ....

I really needed to laugh tonight...mission accomplished! Well at least two of us got it. Incredible...

ETA: I just got word they will be doing some form of biometric scan on employees upon entrance to DWS. Most likely a retina scan

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 12:49 AM
I had a professor at MSU that was your typical Alabama fan. He was from Louisiana, taught at MSU and pulled for the Tide. I guess he'll lose his privaleges if he still works there.

shannondawg
10-26-2015, 05:40 AM
I had a broker years ago, and I had two tickets that family were not going to be used in the chair backs, he asked me if I had extra tickets which I did and he was a bulldog, but at gametime in came two bama bankers that he did business with. He was fired on Monday.

And that was back in the days that the stadium had a tinge of red for that game. I remember walking by vendors outside the stadium that all they had was bama shit. Pisses me off to even think about it.

TUSK
10-26-2015, 05:46 AM
I had a professor at MSU that was your typical Alabama fan. He was from Louisiana, taught at MSU and pulled for the Tide. I guess he'll lose his privaleges if he still works there.

Dang, "professor" is a step up from "meth cook".... I'll take it!

somebodyshotmypaw
10-26-2015, 06:18 AM
I can't believe folks read the original post and responded as if the guy was serious.

Dawgtini
10-26-2015, 06:44 AM
I sit in the faculty section and many of the faculty are grads of other universities and work for MSU. One good friend is a Bama grad and he and his wife have worked for MSU for over 20 years each. They support all MSU sports all year, but they still root for Bama and have family join them who root for Bama. These are now bad people in some of your eyes? SMH

Jack Lambert
10-26-2015, 07:55 AM
I sit in the faculty section and many of the faculty are grads of other universities and work for MSU. One good friend is a Bama grad and he and his wife have worked for MSU for over 20 years each. They support all MSU sports all year, but they still root for Bama and have family join them who root for Bama. These are now bad people in some of your eyes? SMH

I am a true believer that you dance with the lady you come to the dance with. 20 years employement, it's about time. I could see them pulling for Bama except for the Saturday they play State.

Jarius
10-26-2015, 08:03 AM

Alabama fans need to sit in the Alabama section. Period. It's extremely rude and nauseating to have to sit next to opposing team fans in a section that is supposed to be reserved for home team fans. It's the equivalent of farting in a crowded elevator.

BrunswickDawg
10-26-2015, 08:09 AM
Alabama fans need to sit in the Alabama section. Period. It's extremely rude and nauseating to have to sit next to opposing team fans in a section that is supposed to be reserved for home team fans. It's the equivalent of farting in a crowded elevator.

So you have an aversion to the heavy aroma of beef jerky too? I though it was just me.

gravedigger
10-26-2015, 08:43 AM

Seems there are a few people that need to take the hook out of their mouth. This is fantastic. Well played.

PassInterference
10-26-2015, 09:12 AM
My friend's uncle is a cigar boy. He said MSU is going to use HD screencaps to identify any season ticket holder who doesn't ring a cowbell or at least yell like H-E-L-L at the Bama game and dock them 300 bulldog club points.

RocketCityDawg
10-26-2015, 10:28 AM
This is a very entertaining thread.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2015, 10:57 AM
I seem to remember seeing somewhere that at Nebaska you lose your ticket buying privileges if your tickets wind up in the hands of visiting fans. The fans themselves help to enforce it. I may be having a false memory but I'm nearly positive I read that somewhere several years ago.

LC Dawg
10-26-2015, 11:00 AM
I sit in Section 19 and there are a couple of groups of tickets around me that have different people in them every game. Most are State fans but there was an LSU fan two rows in front of me this year and there were more than a few Kentucky fans Saturday night. It is obvious some Bulldog Club members are selling all their tickets. Same thing in the parts of Section 18 that I can see.
I fully expect to see many Bama fans in my section in a few weeks and it pisses me off but I don't know exactly what can be done about it. Most of the time the opposing fans know how to act but the LSU and Bama fans like to be noticed.

Dawgfan1013
10-26-2015, 12:46 PM
I hope like hell this is true. I sit in section 19.....section 20 is the faculty section (which is on the 50 yard line) and it always has a shit load of opposing fans in it. The faculty section ought to be next to the student section anyway......no reason we should be giving away prime seats for a discount.

Section 20 is not faculty...my seats are there 21 is the faculty tickets

HSVDawg
10-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Wow. This thread is two pages long with most posters actually believing that this was a real possibility. Next level trolling maneuver for sure.

Jarius
10-26-2015, 01:34 PM
Most people don't think it is real. Most people just don't like opposing team fans sitting on the 50 yard line and took the opportunity to bitch about it.....at least I did anyway.

sleepy dawg
10-26-2015, 02:09 PM
Most people don't think it is real. Most people just don't like opposing team fans sitting on the 50 yard line and took the opportunity to bitch about it.....at least I did anyway.

ditto... and I don't like them sitting all around me in my season ticket area. Selling your season tickets to opposing fans is disrespectful to fans going that have to put up with their shit.

Dawgbite
10-26-2015, 02:20 PM
The scoreboard club had a bunch of Ky fans in it. Every time they walked down, my wife asked how the hell they got in there. She said that the biggest reason she spends the money for club level is so she doesn't have to deal with opposing fans. The four seats in front of us have not had the same people in them all year but so far no opposing fans.

Schultzy
10-26-2015, 02:55 PM
There is a separate policy being enacted by MSU for non-faculty season ticket holders.

A fellow named Guido, not sure how to spell his last name ( a little rough around the edges but dedicated to his work) will come by your house; he will hold your testicles in the palm of his hand, gently as to not harm them, but will have your attention.

He will then look you in the eye with a wry smile and calm voice that only Guido can provide and say "are you going to allow fans of MSU's opponents sit in your seats anymore?" The season ticket holder will say "No sir."

Guido: "Great! I'm happy to know that a return visit will not be necessary." He will release the testicles from his clutch and quietly leave your dwelling and sigh as he walks to his vehicle, knowing the season ticket holder's fears will pass and he will again in the future succumb to the temptation to sell his Bama game tickets for hundreds of dollars and forcing that most unpleasant return visit.

Guido's only consolation is the knowledge that the Perp will deserve to feel the same pain said season ticket holder put the rest of us through when you allow Bma fans/et al sit next to us loyal fans in the MSU sections at Dvis Wade Stadium.

Jack Lambert
10-26-2015, 02:58 PM
The seats around my seats are on sell at Vivid for 190.00 per seat for both Bama and Ole Miss. I figure I will have Bamers sitting next to me but the seats will either be empty or I will buy them for Ole Miss. I think the ole miss price will go down.

drunkernhelldawg
10-26-2015, 03:54 PM
The seats around my seats are on sell at Vivid for 190.00 per seat for both Bama and Ole Miss. I figure I will have Bamers sitting next to me but the seats will either be empty or I will buy them for Ole Miss. I think the ole miss price will go down.

I don't think people should be able to profit from discounted tickets they get from MSU. If you want to be in the scalper business, you need to pay full price.

sandwolf
10-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Section 20 is not faculty...my seats are there 21 is the faculty tickets

Are your seats above or below the entrance ramp? I sure thought that I remembered a pretty big portion of section 20 (I thought it was most of the seats below the ramp) being marked as Faculty when I went to select my tickets a couple of years ago.