PDA

View Full Version : Which new SEC coach disappoints this season?

Coach34
07-27-2013, 10:27 PM
GusBus? Auburn fans are expecting 7-8 wins
Hillbilly Butch? Tenn fans have lost patience and expect to win the East before long
Bielema? Guys been a good coach so far, but this is the SEC
Stoops? Kentucky fans just want to go to a bowl

Not all 4 of these guys will do well this year- at least one of them disappoints....but who?

Political Hack
07-27-2013, 10:29 PM
UT will be paying for a 4th non-coaching coaching staff within 3.5 years.

I don't think anyone expects Stoops to have a winning season.

FlabLoser
07-27-2013, 10:30 PM
I think Gus rights the ship quick. Probably not as fast as Auburn wants. I see 6-7 wins.

Tennessee is on worse shape. They're a worse version of Ole Miss. Delusions of grandeur without the needed talent. A spread will make them a little better but not much.

Bielema is gonna flop with this plain American 3 yards and a cloud of dust stuff if that's what he's going to do. My money is on Brett for his philosophy and lack of pieces in place.

MarketingBully01
07-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Yep, I agree Brett with Arkansas is the winner. I think Auburn goes 6-6 so that will be a close second. I think the only new coach to have a winning record this year is Tennessee at 7-5. The new coaching hires inherited situations that were not too great.

CadaverDawg
07-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Bielema is my pick.

Pollodawg
07-27-2013, 10:39 PM
This is a little off topic, but think about Tennessee. Will they ever be what they were again? Has USCe replaced them as one of the big 3 in the East?

Pollodawg
07-27-2013, 10:42 PM
And Bielma. But a lot of it hinges on how willing he is to change his strategy. If he insists on the kind of offense he ran at Wiscy, he will assuredly struggle his inaugural season.

Coach34
07-27-2013, 10:45 PM
This is a little off topic, but think about Tennessee. Will they ever be what they were again? Has USCe replaced them as one of the big 3 in the East?

Dont sleep on Butch Jones- Tennessee has about 5-6 draft picks in their line-up this year.

My pick is Bielema to flop in 2013- but I think long term he will do well

TUSK
07-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Wisconsin's old coach has been running his piehole too much... he will wilt in the craziness that is Fayetteville...

MSUDawg4Life
07-27-2013, 11:23 PM
I'll say Malzahn.

People know what to expect out of him and Ellis Johnson. I don't think he has all the pieces to run his offense like he wants. Opposing SEC teams will be ready for him and it's going to take a while for him to get on track.

I think people are underestimating Bielema. His system is fundamentally sound and his teams tend to not make a lot of mistakes. His offense will be new to the SEC much like Texas A&Ms was last year, but with much less talent. They'll struggle early, but I think they should be clicking by the end of the year. They might catch a team or two by surprise.

Will James
07-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Which new coach disappoints? UK has no expectations so they can't be disappointed. Arky is reasonable after the shit show last year. They won't be disappointed because BB can win enough games to give hope. It's between Auburn and UT. UT has some talent and are coming off of Dooley. They've been down for a while and can expect one year of Butch before the bat shit starts.

Therefore the answer is Auburn because they have their heads so far up their asses I bet they legitimately expect a Sugar Bowl THIS season. I can't wait to laugh at them and the Bears come Christmas when they sit at home bowl season

FlabLoser
07-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Auburn is going to be damn strong in the near future. EJ is a hell of a DC and Gus's offense is always good. But I see AU having the best defense they've ever had...not now within 3 years.

Coach34
07-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Auburn is going to be damn strong in the near future. EJ is a hell of a DC and Gus's offense is always good. But I see AU having the best defense they've ever had...not now within 3 years.

EJ has been fired from 2 jobs in the last 2 years. Spurrier booted him and then the catastrophie in Hattiesburg. Could be slipping

MSUDawg4Life
07-28-2013, 12:14 AM

That's probably true. We're talking about this year though. Malzahn doesn't have the QB to run his offense effectively and it's going to take EJ a while to build that defense. I think they'll be handled this year.

CadaverDawg
07-28-2013, 12:17 AM
That's probably true. We're talking about this year though. Malzahn doesn't have the QB to run his offense effectively and it's going to take EJ a while to build that defense. I think they'll be handled this year.

I thought Frazier was exactly the QB to run Malzahn's system? Or at least, I thought he recruited him since like Junior High because he wanted him to run his system. I may be way off though.

MSUDawg4Life
07-28-2013, 12:30 AM
I thought Frazier was exactly the QB to run Malzahn's system? Or at least, I thought he recruited him since like Junior High because he wanted him to run his system. I may be way off though.

Every time I've watched Frazier play I've been less than impressed. Maybe Malzahn is what he needs. I just think he'll have to improve drastically to run that offense at a high level.

CadaverDawg
07-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Every time I've watched Frazier play I've been less than impressed. Maybe Malzahn is what he needs. I just think he'll have to improve drastically to run that offense at a high level.

Oh I agree completely. I have never seen what all of the hype was about when it comes to Frazier....but I think he was the guy Malzahn expected to be the next Cam Newton when he recruited him. Unless the system makes light years of a difference, I'm not buying it.

Dawg61
07-28-2013, 12:50 AM
I think it's both Bielema and Butch Jones. The Vols have gotten so far away from there days as an East power that they can't remember how to get back. Bielema is just in the wrong conference and the wrong state. He's going to be a total fail at Arkansas.

messageboardsuperhero
07-28-2013, 12:56 AM
I guess it just depends on how each team would define their season as a disappointment. I see Bielema and Stoops struggling the more than the other two this year, but since nobody really expects much out of Stoops, I'd say Bielema will be disappointing to most in his first year.

Look at what happened with Auburn offensively last year, and then think about how much more talent they had than Arkansas currently has. Changing to a physical brand of football takes more time than changing to the spread. Plus, there are some crazy bastards in Arkansas. Some of those nut jobs (pun most definitely intended) are probably expecting to go to the Cotton Bowl this year. Bielema does have a track record though, so given time and support, I think he'll get Arkansas going.

Political Hack
07-28-2013, 06:27 AM
UT just has a brutal schedule. they've got 4 ironclad lock them in concrete and throw them to the bottom of the sea losses. Not to mention some other difficult games and an I state rivalry that's become more than just an annoyance.

Thick
07-28-2013, 07:34 AM
It's UT and/or the Hogs. PH is spot on about UT's schedule, and AR just doesn't have the talent for this staff to work with to be successful this year.

hacker
07-28-2013, 10:27 AM
you guys saying Tennessee is never going to be back -- have you seen this? http://tennessee.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Commits

bocfarm
07-28-2013, 01:47 PM
UT isn't supposed to or predicted by the "experts" to be good and most fans recognize that so hard to say Jones would be the most disappointing. I think he has the highest ceiling in 3 yrs of any of them, he's shown he can recruit and seems to be a solid HC. Plus the east is an easier climb than the west. Ky blows and will never challenge Ga, Fl and USC.

It's just going to be tough for Beliema for a while imo. Malzahn has a shot but I think he will have similar success that Mullen has had... Meaning I don't see him competing for sec west championships in the near future.

Todd4State
07-28-2013, 03:32 PM
you guys saying Tennessee is never going to be back -- have you seen this? http://tennessee.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Commits

Opening up some wallets it looks like. Lane Kiffen leaving and then poaching their recruiting class with him was one of the trashiest things I have ever seen in my life.

Pollodawg
07-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Opening up some wallets it looks like. Lane Kiffen leaving and then poaching their recruiting class with him was one of the trashiest things I have ever seen in my life.

TRashier than ED O calling Tulane in the wake of Katrina and asking if he could basically have their football program? But you're right. That was hella trashy by Kiffin.

camsu
07-28-2013, 04:26 PM
East vs West Division -- West is most difficult, so ARK or Aub -- I go with Aub. -- Why, defense. Two burned out coaches, I am aware of Melvin and Johnson. Both just collecting pay checks at this point. Just don't think they have the "hump" to go the distance anymore. O will be in and out and wear out the D.