PDA

View Full Version : Statistical Update, 2015 Week 8

Quaoarsking
10-25-2015, 12:54 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_statistical_le aders

Big day for Dak.
Dak threw for 348 yards yesterday, 1 more than last week, and 9th on the single game top 10 list.
His 465 yards of total offense are the 3rd-most in single game history, and his 6 total touchdowns tied Jackie Parker's record set in 1952.
This means Dak is now tied or in sole possession of 1st place in 14 of the 15 passing and total offense lists. The only one left is Derrick Taite's single game passing yards mark of 466 against Tulane in 1994.
Dak's 173 completions this year already tie him for the 4th-most in a single season. He only needs 14.2 per game (assuming 5 more games, although I hope it's 6 or 7) to break the record he set last year.
Dak's at 2,048 passing yards now in 2015, which is already 7th most alltime. He'll need 288.2 yards per game (which is comparable to what he's done this year when healthy) to pass the record he set last year, or 169.8 yards per game to pass Tyler Russell's 2012 season for #2.
Dak now has 14 passing yards on the season, which is alraedy 5th on the leaderboards. He's 13 away from the record of 27 he set last year, so that's probably a longshot.
Dak now has 2,419 total offense yards and 21 total touchdowns on the year. He probably won't break last year's marks on those, but should pass Russell's 2012 season to get to 2nd on both lists.
Dak now has 38 career rushing touchdowns and is 4 away from Anthony Dixon's record of 42.
Dak has entered the top 10 with 2,304 career rushing yards. A realistic target could be 50.8 rushing yards per game from here on out to pass Michael Haddix for 5th alltime.
Dak continued to extend several career records.
591 completions
7,631 passing yards
55 passing touchdowns
9,935 total offense yards
93 total touchdowns - or 96 if you want to include his 3 receiving touchdowns, which technically aren't supposed to be.
All of our games since 2012 are on Youtube or at least ESPN3. Someone with some time should make a YouTube montage of all of his career touchdowns.
Dak is nearing 10,000 career yards of total offense, something only 9 players in SEC history have ever done:
13,554 - Aaron Murray
12,232 - Tim Tebow
11,350 - Chris Leak
11,270 - David Greene
11,020 - Peyton Manning
10,841 - Eric Zeier
10,637 - Jared Lorenzen
10,500 - Danny Wuerffel
10,478 - Bo Wallace
Dak only needs 283 yards per game from here on out to pass Chris Leak for #3 in SEC history. That's very doable with his current trajectory.
Similarly, only 5 players have ever had more than 100 total touchdowns:
145 - Tim Tebow
137 - Aaron Murray
122 - Danny Wuerffel
101 - Chris Leak
101 - Peyton Manning
Dak should have no problem passing Manning and Leak for #4.

De'Runnya Wilson
Wilson is now in sole possesion of 10th place with 106 career receptions.
Wilson has 33 receptions on the year, so he's 15 away from entering the single season top 10.
Wilson also passed Jameon Lewis to enter the career receiving yards top 10 with 1,555.
If Wilson comes back next year, he's going to blow this record away. But if he doesn't, he has outside shot of breaking Bumphis's record of 2,270 this season -- he'll need 143 per game. He came on very strong at the end of last year, so maybe he could do it again?
He's now at 524 receiving yards for the season, putting him 310 (62 per game) from entering the top 10.
A little more realistic while dreaming big would be for Wilson to catch 511 more yards this season and break Mardye McDole's single-season yards record. That would be 102.2 yards per game.
With 1 receiving touchdown yesterday, Wilson is now in sole possesion of 2nd alltime with 18. He's also in a huge tie for 8th with 6 touchdowns this season.
That puts him 6 away from the single-season record and 6 away from the career record.

Fred Ross
Ross has fallen behind his previous pace to break the single-season receptions record. He's at 40 on the year, so he'll at least get well into the top 10.

Westin Graves
I jinxed him last week. Sorry.
He's still tied with Brent Smith as the most accurate kicker in school history.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2015, 01:18 PM
Unbelievable what Dak is doing at Mississippi State. I have said it several times, but I'll say it again....Everybody take time to appreciate just what all this guy has accomplished. We may very well never see a player at any position at Mississippi State do what this guy has done in his career. Just incredible.

I may be getting soft in my older age, but it is starting to make me sad that we are nearing the end of the Dak era. He has no idea what he's done for this program. Here's to hoping he goes out the way a legend should...On top.

sleepy dawg
10-25-2015, 03:14 PM
Unbelievable what Dak is doing at Mississippi State. I have said it several times, but I'll say it again....Everybody take time to appreciate just what all this guy has accomplished. We may very well never see a player at any position at Mississippi State do what this guy has done in his career. Just incredible.

I may be getting soft in my older age, but it is starting to make me sad that we are nearing the end of the Dak era. He has no idea what he's done for this program. Here's to hoping he goes out the way a legend should...On top.

http://new4.fjcdn.com/gifs/Cheers_0c783a_5332801.gif

Quaoarsking
10-25-2015, 05:55 PM

Agreed on all counts. Crazy thing is that if Fitz or Staley can take the job and hold it for 3 years, either of them should be able to put up similar numbers, or at least be #2 on the lists.

Probably says more about our history that it does about Dak, Fitz, or Staley, but if Mullen sticks around for 20 years or so, I expect our entire offensive lists to be dominated by his players.

blacklistedbully
10-25-2015, 06:16 PM

Well beyond all the stats is what a fine young man he is from a character-perspective. He has done amazing things at MSU, and all with class, integrity and dignity. He so much more than his stats alone.

He makes me feel even more pride being an MSU alum. Will also add, Mullen and staff seem to have brought in so many high-character guys.