PDA

View Full Version : Observations from last night

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2015, 11:49 AM
In no particular order:

The crowd was great. There were still a bunch of students that left at the half.

The offense looked great. It's amazing what you can do when you are able to block the opponent. The pass protection for the short game has been good all year and it was even better last night. We even provided enough protection for the deeper routes and that has been spotty at best. The run blocking was better too although we still had trouble opening holes between the tackles. I never thought I would say this but Hollaway was by far the most effective RB last night. The offensive I mprovement was marked. Time will tell if it really was improvement or if it had more to do with who we were playing.

The defense played pretty well, after the first quarter. If we can ever get that 1st quarter figured out.......The tackling was still poor at times. The secondary handled the loss of Redmond really well. I think my heart nearly stopped when Calhoun went down. We can't afford to lose him.

Y'all know I'm a fierce supporter of Mullen but he always seems to have one WTF moment every game. Last night it was the squib kick right before the half. We had been putting it it in the end zone all night.

The black uniforms were horrible. Before y'all start fashion is in the eye of the beholder. That's just my opinion. At least we finally got a nice win wearing them. Maybe that curse is gone now.

We STILL have to trot people out on the field to be recognized during time outs WAY to much. Do it before the game or at halftime.

They are getting better with the Jumbotron. It's not nearly the momentum killer it has been.

Maybe it's just me but I'm looking forward to the open date. It will be fun to kick back and watch some games without worrying about ours for a day.

starkvegasdawg
10-25-2015, 01:12 PM
I was saying last night that unless it's some sick kid out there being recognized the entire stadium needs to start chanting "boring" every time.

hailmari
10-25-2015, 01:36 PM
I was saying last night that unless it's some sick kid out there being recognized the entire stadium needs to start chanting "boring" every time.

I am in favor of this.

PassInterference
10-25-2015, 01:53 PM
Bell has been getting touch backs on almost every KO. When he doesn't, we cover it well. No reason at all to squib kick. That's over thinking it.

The black uniforms looked good. It was by far out best black uni yet. Way better than black with maroon numbers. During the maroon-white cheer, we yelled BLACK! lol

Field recognitions.... We recognized a corporate sponsor (that didn't even commit a NCAA violation). I hope every week we have big donors to recognize.

LC Dawg
10-25-2015, 01:55 PM
My only complaint with the crowd is that too many of our fans think they don't need to yell until the opponent has 3rd down unless we are playing a highly ranked team. I thought the students did a great job last night. They were really into the game. It should be a great atmosphere for the Bama game.

I would also like to add that the Hall of Fame class recognized at the half is one phenomenal group of Bulldogs.

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 02:22 PM
Old people need to learn how to cheer. That is all

Dawgcentral
10-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Old people are too tired to cheer. Spent all our energy yelling when raising young people.

starkvegasdawg
10-25-2015, 03:05 PM
We spend all week yelling at those damn kids to get out of our yard and pull up their pants. Our voices are gone by Saturday.

sleepy dawg
10-25-2015, 03:25 PM
My only complaint with the crowd is that too many of our fans think they don't need to yell until the opponent has 3rd down unless we are playing a highly ranked team. I thought the students did a great job last night. They were really into the game. It should be a great atmosphere for the Bama game.

I would also like to add that the Hall of Fame class recognized at the half is one phenomenal group of Bulldogs.

THIS!!!! Why is this? It's not just old people, it's the vast majority. Don't get me wrong, we're better than we used to be at it, but it's like 1st and 2nd downs aren't important to most people. I'll be the first to say that you should be able to do what you want in your seat that you paid for. But I will never understand those who don't try to give us the best possible home field advantage that we can. Defense is more than just 1 down.

I will say this too. You MUST be the change you want to see. I stand on almost every defensive play and yell throughout (except when I'm eating my nachos). People around me (not all, but some) will follow me. If I don't do stand and yell, they don't seem to either. We need leaders in the stands just like we do on the field. Don't be afraid to stand out in the crowd. The more you do it, the more others follow. Most fans still like to take the easy way out by just ringing their bell, but don't want to yell. Help those around you by showing them how it's done.

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 03:47 PM
Old people are too tired to cheer. Spent all our energy yelling when raising young people.

We spend all week yelling at those damn kids to get out of our yard and pull up their pants. Our voices are gone by Saturday.

http://steveezra.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/get-off-my-lawn.jpg

BulldogBacker
10-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Bell has been getting touch backs on almost every KO. When he doesn't, we cover it well. No reason at all to squib kick. That's over thinking it.

The black uniforms looked good. It was by far out best black uni yet. Way better than black with maroon numbers. During the maroon-white cheer, we yelled BLACK! lol

Field recognitions.... We recognized a corporate sponsor (that didn't even commit a NCAA violation). I hope every week we have big donors to recognize.

In his after game TV comments, he owned up and said he had a brain fart when he asked the kickoff team to squib kick. He knew it was a mistake.

godlluB
10-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Old people need to learn how to cheer. That is all

You really need to GTFO with your old people bullshit. It's getting old.

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 04:37 PM

Easy now. Nowhere in this thread was I being overly serious. Guess I need to include more sarkasterics.

That said. Why you mad tho? Touch a sensitive spot? No need to be a message board hero.

LC Dawg
10-25-2015, 05:12 PM
THIS!!!! Why is this? It's not just old people, it's the vast majority. Don't get me wrong, we're better than we used to be at it, but it's like 1st and 2nd downs aren't important to most people. I'll be the first to say that you should be able to do what you want in your seat that you paid for. But I will never understand those who don't try to give us the best possible home field advantage that we can. Defense is more than just 1 down.

I will say this too. You MUST be the change you want to see. I stand on almost every defensive play and yell throughout (except when I'm eating my nachos). People around me (not all, but some) will follow me. If I don't do stand and yell, they don't seem to either. We need leaders in the stands just like we do on the field. Don't be afraid to stand out in the crowd. The more you do it, the more others follow. Most fans still like to take the easy way out by just ringing their bell, but don't want to yell. Help those around you by showing them how it's done.

I agree that we have gotten better. I stand pretty much the whole game and there are a few in our general area that do the same but I am amazed at how many do not even yell. I thought we had turned the corner in this aspect last year but it seems we have regressed a little. I know every game won't be as loud and impressive as last year's Auburn game but I also want Kentucky's qb's head to rattle from the noise when he takes the field.

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 05:14 PM
I agree that we have gotten better. I stand pretty much the whole game and there are a few in our general area that do the same but I am amazed at how many do not even yell. I thought we had turned the corner in this aspect last year but it seems we have regressed a little. I know every game won't be as loud and impressive as last year's Auburn game but I also want Kentucky's qb's head to rattle from the noise when he takes the field.
This is all that I was referring to. The students do their part. The older crowd/family crowd just needs to amp it up a little more.

basedog
10-25-2015, 07:01 PM
My wife and I witnessed one of the most disgusting things last night with a idiot standing and screaming about how shitty the play calling was. He was standing not only screaming but booing as loud as he could.
The sad part about this was his two very young kids maybe 6 and 8 were watching him when a big blue hair with a black shirt stood up in front of him and starting threatening him with his life. Those poor kids looked like they were about to cry. Someone came and got the guy and took him away to try and cool him down. Few minutes later he came back even madder and started screaming telling his kids he could do what he waited caused he paid for his seats. Everyone in the chair backs were standing and observing. It was just a awful thing to observe as he must have had his VCash all on line for this game. My wife was pissed seeing those kids.

BulldogBacker
10-25-2015, 07:38 PM
It was totally disgusting behavior. Unbelievably, this guy acts like this at every game. He gets wound up and acts like every play, every call was made thinking of just him. His behavior is so terribly wrong for kids to see and he has two relatively well behaved kids. I was sitting in the row right behind him. His two kids were sitting directly in front of me. If you regularly sit there, say hello next game.

Jack Lambert
10-25-2015, 07:52 PM

This might be ok on a message board but in real life statements like that will get you fired and the folks you work for sued. Just saying.

Also I don't what you consider old but I can hang with you at anything.

basedog
10-25-2015, 08:02 PM
It was totally disgusting behavior. Unbelievably, this guy acts like this at every game. He gets wound up and acts like every play, every call was made thinking of just him. His behavior is so terribly wrong for kids to see and he has two relatively well behaved kids. I was sitting in the row right behind him. His two kids were sitting directly in front of me. If you regularly sit there, say hello next game.

I sit a row down from him and to his left on the end. He got so worked up, haven't noticed him before but he drew so much attention to himself. I did see the two guys must have made up but I really that the dude in front of him was Fixn to rip his lips off. Man was he loud and his booing and defense chats wore him out by half time as I never heard him after half. I will be at the Bama game, I will look for you, I'm on row 65.
Those kids have to be scared from his behavior, uncalled for its suppose to be fun for those kids.

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 08:03 PM
This might be ok on a message board but in real life statements like that will get you fired and the folks you work for sued. Just saying.

Also I don't what you consider old but I can hang with you at anything.

I'm confused by this post.

BulldogBacker
10-25-2015, 08:11 PM
I sit a row down from him and to his left on the end. He got so worked up, haven't noticed him before but he drew so much attention to himself. I did see the two guys must have made up but I really that the dude in front of him was Fixn to rip his lips off. Man was he loud and his booing and defense chats wore him out by half time as I never heard him after half. I will be at the Bama game, I will look for you, I'm on row 65.
Those kids have to be scared from his behavior, uncalled for its suppose to be fun for those kids.

Row 67, seat 7. This guy is the most animated fan I have ever seen. He frequently stands up, even at inappropriate times, keeping me from enjoying the game. I may or may not be at the Alabama game. I get back from a 14 day road trip to Key West that day.

maroonmania
10-25-2015, 09:16 PM
In his after game TV comments, he owned up and said he had a brain fart when he asked the kickoff team to squib kick. He knew it was a mistake.

He certainly has these periodically, like calling the fake punt in our own territory last year when we were already up 21-0. I have a question though, in the Mullen offense is it mandatory to call a running play on 2nd and 10? Mullen seems to want to do this at least 4 out of every 5 times in that situation and with our weak running game we are always left with 3rd and long.

Reunion Dog
10-26-2015, 04:24 PM
I realize this isn't about football play but have you noticed how dark it is when walking to your cars.. I am amazed that know one has been hit with the was folks jay walk across the streets. Keenum really needs to upgrade the lighting system around campus along with the traffic congestion. the day is coming that someone is going to get accidentally hit and it won't be pretty..

Jack Lambert
10-26-2015, 05:02 PM
I realize this isn't about football play but have you noticed how dark it is when walking to your cars.. I am amazed that know one has been hit with the was folks jay walk across the streets. Keenum really needs to upgrade the lighting system around campus along with the traffic congestion. the day is coming that someone is going to get accidentally hit and it won't be pretty..

When I was a student there was a road that ran in front of Allen Hall between it and the Drill Field. I crossed the road leaving Allen Hall and when I got onto the drill field I heard a lady scream and a big thump. I looked back and some over weight girl got hit by a 64 Mustang. The car at this time was 28 years old but those thing were made of steel. She was sitting up crying but there was a big dent in the car.

drunkernhelldawg
10-26-2015, 05:39 PM

Exactly right. Getting to the game isn't as easy as it looks for some people. Resist the temptation to judge.

mstatefan91
10-26-2015, 05:40 PM
Exactly right. Getting to the game isn't as easy as it looks for some people. Resist the temptation to judge.

Nobody is judging. Just asking for folks to cheer is all.

drunkernhelldawg
10-26-2015, 05:44 PM
I'm confused by this post.

You've been Jacked.

sleepy dawg
10-26-2015, 08:54 PM

nah... quit being too scared to help your team at the right times (on every defensive play) and yell..

Dallas_Dawg
10-26-2015, 11:16 PM
And you ****ers with blue tents need to leave them at home!!!***
The new hot dogs suck!!!***
Fahrrrrr Bracky!!!***

mstatefan91
10-27-2015, 12:47 AM
And you ****ers with blue tents need to leave them at home!!!***
The new hot dogs suck!!!***
Fahrrrrr Bracky!!!***

You shouldn't have asterisks on the last one... just saying

Dental Dawg33
10-27-2015, 11:44 AM
I'm just sick of the two fans that sit next to me and do nothing but bash Mullen and Dak then entire game if something does not go our way on offense, and even sometimes when it does go our way. I repeatedly hear ''I hate Dak, I hate Mullen." I've repeatedly tried to have educated conversations with them pointing out how off base they are and alluding to the underlying fact that they just aren't very smart in general. But you can't argue with fools, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. It's just sad that we have some fans that are that narrow minded and act like that. Short of inflicting physical harm, which my wife has convinced me is not the Christian way , all I can really do is ignore them.

Dental Dawg33
10-27-2015, 11:53 AM

Agreed. I yell the whole time on defense. I'm the only one in my vicinity that does. I try to squat down at times so that the people behind me can see, but for conference games I can't understand why people aren't going ballistic when we are on defense.

mstatefan91
10-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Pet peeve: people who start cheering when we are going for it on 4th down. You've been sitting there quietly the whole time and now you want to ring and yell? Just stupid

BiscuitEater
10-27-2015, 12:36 PM
I have a question though, in the Mullen offense is it mandatory to call a running play on 2nd and 10? Mullen seems to want to do this at least 4 out of every 5 times in that situation and with our weak running game we are always left with 3rd and long.

I'm assuming by 'running play' .. you mean Dak handing the ball off to a RB. Cause in the game, MSU faced 2nd and long (> or = 7 yards) 12 times.

Dak handed the ball off to a RB 2 times (17%) for a total of 7 yards. (3.5 Yards / play)

Dak passed the ball 6 times (50%); was 3 of 6 for 49 yards and a TD. (8.2 yards / play)

Dak ran the ball 4 times (33%); for 56 yards and a TD. (14 yards / play)

Thought Dan's play calling and Dak's execution were both outstanding .. both had a couple of 'muffs' .. Dan on the squib kick; Dak on the INT .. but all in all, our 2nd and long calls and execution were exceptional.