PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- 7 in a row Edition

Coach34
10-25-2015, 10:49 AM
1. Great entertaining day of football as I made a big pot of the world's best Gumbo.

2. I hope by now Kentucky knows their role as permanent East victory for us. 7 in a row. Mullen owns the Kats.

3. Great adjustment by Prescott and the offense to push the ball down the field more last night. It opens EVERYTHING up. Thats how the offense is supposed to look. It was beautiful. Keep taking the shots down the field some. Even the pick Prescott threw- Fred was open- get the ball to him and dont underthrow it. Glad to see us make adjustments and do what was needed. Much better job by Dan Walsh and Checkdown Charlie. Prescott was extremely accurate last night (minus the pick obviously) and really on top of his game. Probably the best game he has played as a Bulldog- altho the LSU game will always be more memorable.

4. Speaking of Prescott- with his 6 TD's last night- put him only a handful away from passing the great Peyton Manning on the SEC TD list. Prescott has a very good chance of finishing 5th all-time on the SEC TD list.

5. The RB rotation was better this week. Not great- but better. Nothing like being 2nd and goal from the 3 and running Holloway up inside- but hey- thats why they make the big bucks. I dont think its crazy at this point to just decide on a goalline back to go with them. 27 or 33- doesnt matter which one. Holloway has done a good job- but his pass pro in non-existent. He only touches the defender half the time- and when he does make contact, he just bounces off. Its not his fault- he cant help that he weighs 140 pounds. It just blows my mind we havent been letting the freshmen play because of things like pass pro- yet Holloway gets a total pass for it.

6. Another good job the by OL and they continue to get better. Jenkins and Calhoun getting quality reps and continue to get better. Clayborn is really turning into a solid C. Still too many mistakes made at Guard. We didnt pick up the 4th down because Malone let the DT cross his face to the inside- and the DT lined up on his outside shoulder- that cant happen. Desper misses on twists inside all the time- how in the hell can you be that bad at it by now? Do you not watch film? Do you not think ahead as to what they might do to you from the alignment they are currently in? Shit son- you got 10 starts under your belt- its time to start picking that shit up. The OL is better- but still alot to clean up.

7. Good to see Stonehands back. Played well last night. Wilson with too many drops- I think he would be stupid to leave early now- he really needs to come back and work hard on catching the damn football. Prescott threw him a perfect pass on the 1st series that he dropped in tight coverage. A top WR makes that catch. Gray is a man. Him starting to assert himself in this offense makes us a better team. He can push DB's deep as well as beat them on slants. He could be a huge factor vs Bama on Nov 14th.

8. Our DL just beat on Kentucky. We were getting too much penetration early on and missing the RB. Got to grab that little guy on the way by. Calvin was disruptive last night- he has played better the last few weeks. Nick James played probably his best game as a Dawg. He was a force last night. Great overall job by the DL.

9. Good job by Bennie on the pick- read Towles all the way. We didnt make some reads and got caught in the flow that allowed them a couple of long runs- didnt like seeing that- especially early. But as usual- we adjusted and got better. Still have to get better on pass drops- remains a weakness for this group.

10. Coman played a good ballgame. Peters is getting more at ease back there and starting to be more aggressive. I like Bryant alot. Calhoun stepped up. Cleveland, Giles, and Smokey need more reps and will get them obviously. This group will decide some big games coming up.

11. I saw an improved team last night. Thats encouraging going into our off week. We have a chance to get healthy and to get alot of reps for the younger guys. Thats huge for us right now. We have too much firepower to lose to Mizzou- so that shouldnt happen. Then we get 2 extra days to get ready for Bammer coming off the LSU game. We have our chance to get the notoriety we want this year. Big 3 weeks coming up.

Rally round the Family,

C34

CadaverDawg
10-25-2015, 11:18 AM
In regards to #8...

2nd Half, Towles got pressure up the gut from Nick James...took off to his right and James wanted to kill him. He ran as fast and hard as he's ever run. It was a beautiful thing to watch, Bc the game was well in hand yet big Nick was playing with a 100% motor. It may have taken him a while to get it...but it appears that he now does, and he played like he was hungry to be in the NFL last night

Dallas_Dawg
10-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Taveze Calhoun. Can't say enough about his effort last night. The concentration on those two picks was unbelievable. He should be sportscenter top 10 for both plays.
Huge game from him, stepping up to offset the loss of Will

OurState
10-25-2015, 11:24 AM
It just blows my mind we havent been letting the freshmen play because of things like pass pro- yet Holloway gets a total pass for it.

C34

Do you think this is insanity on the staff's part or just that they think keeping the freshman off the field until they learn pass pro is the only way to make a running back learn pass pro?

basedog
10-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Also as for as freshmen go, only Georgia plays more freshmen than us. Our DB's played really good overall last night, man do we have some young talent not only as DB's but overall.
Also Despar is the weak link on the offensive line. I don't see him playing hard all of the time, misses way to many blocks and he is really bad about making contact and not staying on his block long enough.

As for as the deep pass to Ross that was intercepted, he wasn't open, the freshmen DB for Kentucky being about 6'3" was in good position and made a good play on an over thrown pass.

Bothrops
10-25-2015, 11:41 AM
In regards to #8...

2nd Half, Towles got pressure up the gut from Nick James...took off to his right and James wanted to kill him. He ran as fast and hard as he's ever run. It was a beautiful thing to watch, Bc the game was well in hand yet big Nick was playing with a 100% motor. It may have taken him a while to get it...but it appears that he now does, and he played like he was hungry to be in the NFL last night

Nick James is like a cape buffalo when he hooks it up like that.

defiantdog
10-25-2015, 11:45 AM
No mention of Ross throwing the ball like a QB? Wilson was covered, and he put it in there where only Wilson could get it.

Coach34
10-25-2015, 11:53 AM
As for as the deep pass to Ross that was intercepted, he wasn't open, the freshmen DB for Kentucky being about 6'3" was in good position and made a good play on an over thrown pass.

He had a step and a half on the DB- he was open. The ball was underthrown. Dak is good- but he does make mistakes. C'mon man

Coach34
10-25-2015, 11:55 AM
No mention of Ross throwing the ball like a QB? Wilson was covered, and he put it in there where only Wilson could get it.

Ross made a really good throw- no doubt. I forgot to mention Hutch tho- he is also starting to come on and play well. Just another big target for Prescott to hit

Bully13
10-25-2015, 11:57 AM
All great receivers have not so great games and sometimes they drop passes. I ain't worried bout bear. Gonna love seeing him play the rest of the year. He'll be laughing at you all the way to the bank after season's end.

basedog
10-25-2015, 11:57 AM
He had a step and a half on the DB- he was open. The ball was underthrown. Dak is good- but he does make mistakes. C'mon man

Don't think so, the ball was over Ross's head, even Matt Wyatt commented by the throw being over thrown and the freshmen DB with long arms making a good play. C'mon man, you need to review.

Coach34
10-25-2015, 12:07 PM
Don't think so, the ball was over Ross's head, even Matt Wyatt commented by the throw being over thrown and the freshmen DB with long arms making a good play. C'mon man, you need to review.

How can the ball be overthrown if it never makes it to the WR? Thats ****ing stupid

shoeless joe
10-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Opening up the down field passing game and our running game having a pulse really made things flow...it especially opened up dak's runs. Running game is getting there. Won't be great this year but getting better.

Hutcherson appears to be outstanding at all phases of his job.

We talk about adjustments but our D doesn't tackle early on. Fix that and we should be stout the whole game.

basedog
10-25-2015, 12:18 PM
How can the ball be overthrown if it never makes it to the WR? Thats ****ing stupid

Man C34, you are being plain stupid lately. Of all the things you say and calling me stupid is pretty retarded. Quite being so sensitive to comments not so much from me but others who have opinions and may disagree with you. You are acting like child as nothing I've said is killing or murdering your brash over comments about Mullen, Dak and the Msu athletic program.
About the only stupid thing I do on ED is make a comment and statement and have to read your ignorant know all wanna be comments.

It was over his head not under thrown! If I'm wrong I will admit it, are you man enough to admit?
Damn, son!

Ifyouonlyknew
10-25-2015, 12:18 PM
It was Fred Brown & the ball falls right into his hands if the DB doesn't make the play. Fred did have a step on him & if Dak lays it out more it's 6. It was a good play by the DB but Fred has to help Dak out there & at least try to knock it out the DB hand.

basedog
10-25-2015, 12:21 PM
It was Fred Brown & the ball falls right into his hands if the DB doesn't make the play. Fred did have a step on him & if Dak lays it out more it's 6. It was a good play by the DB but Fred has to help Dak out there & at least try to knock it out the DB hand.

Thanks, I knew the ball wasn't under thrown, the DB with long arms made a helluva play!

Coach34

There it is- now stop ****ing arguing with me- it was underthrown

7dawg
I'm agree. When the DB has inside position and intercepts the ball, it is certainly underthrown. The QB puts that ball over the right shoulder so the WR is the only one that can make a play on the ball. Wyatt can't throw the deep ball well either.

The first ball Calhoun intercepted was overthrown. Calhoun had outside position on that pass.

Honestly some of you need to sign up for the ladies football 101 next year.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2015, 12:25 PM

Exactly, the ball was under-thrown a bit, not over thrown, and Freddie Brown could have helped Dak out by coming to get it instead of waiting on it. Either way, was a great play by the young DB, and would have been 6 had Dak not under-thrown it by a few yards. I have no complaints over that play...that's one of those Dak knew he under-threw, Brown knew he coulda helped, and you just tip your cap to the defender on a heck of a play.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2015, 12:26 PM
Thanks, I knew the ball wasn't under thrown, the DB with long arms made a helluva play!

It WAS under thrown. What are you talkin bout? Brown was further down field than the DB, and the DB caught it...Under Thrown. Wasn't a terrible pass, but Dak wishes he had put a few more yards behind it.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Honestly some of you need to sign up for the ladies football 101 next year.

Ha this^

Pinto
10-25-2015, 12:30 PM
Coach is right on this one. If Dak had thrown it more on the sideline it was six but it was inside and under thrown. I'll take it though. I like that we were taking deep shots.

basedog
Exactly, the ball was under-thrown a bit, not over thrown, and Freddie Brown could have helped Dak out by coming to get it instead of waiting on it. Either way, was a great play by the young DB, and would have been 6 had Dak not under-thrown it by a few yards. I have no complaints over that play...that's one of those Dak knew he under-threw, Brown knew he coulda helped, and you just tip your cap to the defender on a heck of a play.

I just watched the you tube, it looks like a perfect pass, Palmer talks about the DB and his long arms, Brown has his hand in front of his body and wasn't reaching back. If I knew how to copy and past the you tube i would.
But as you say as I have no complaints about the play, just disagreeing with 34.

Charlie_Sheen420
It was under thrown....it would have landed behind the receiver

basedog
10-25-2015, 12:32 PM
It WAS under thrown. What are you talkin bout? Brown was further down field than the DB, and the DB caught it...Under Thrown. Wasn't a terrible pass, but Dak wishes he had put a few more yards behind it.

I can agree with this, not a bad pass but not a great pass, as for as me saying overthrown, maybe I was off but it was still a decent pass that the DB made a very good play on.

Coach34
10-25-2015, 12:32 PM

There it is- now stop ****ing arguing with me- it was underthrown

there it is- UNDERthrown

Treemydawg
10-25-2015, 12:35 PM
I just watched the you tube, it looks like a perfect pass, Palmer talks about the DB and his long arms, Brown has his hand in front of his body and wasn't reaching back. If I knew how to copy and past the you tube i would.
But as you say as I have no complaints about the play, just disagreeing with 34.

You said in a earlier post you would admit when you're wrong. It's time to admit it. That was in now way a perfect pass it was under thrown.

Dallas_Dawg
10-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Delete

defiantdog
10-25-2015, 01:12 PM
there it is- UNDERthrown

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13964007

It really wasn't that bad of a pass. If the DB didn't stretch out for it..... that ball hits Brown directly in the hands.

Bucky Dog
10-25-2015, 01:22 PM

I'm going with coach here. He had at least a step on the guy and Dak threw the ball inside and a little short. If he throws it to the outside its a catch.

smootness
10-25-2015, 01:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13964007

It really wasn't that bad of a pass. If the DB didn't stretch out for it..... that ball hits Brown directly in the hands.

Yep, pass was a good one in an isolated setting. He just shouldn't have thrown it. Brown may have been ever so slightly in front of the DB, but the DB had him covered. There was just about no pass that was going to result in a catch there, and virtually nothing that would have been a TD.

There's a chance he could have overthrown it slightly and had Brown lay out for it...or he could have thrown a back-shoulder pass to the sideline that Brown may have been able to react to quicker and catch, but he wouldn't have been able to run after the catch.

Honestly, the best think for Dak to do there probably would have been to underthrow it even more than he did and hope the DB doesn't see it soon enough. The pass itself was fine. The decision to throw it there was a bad one; Brown was covered.

PassInterference
10-25-2015, 01:44 PM
If you throw a ball where the DB has a better shot at a catch than the WR does, it's a bad throw. It was under thrown. Dak needed more air under that ball so our guy can run under it.

Still, our WR should have fought for the ball. He didn't. Basically just kept running and watched the DB catch it.

PassInterference
10-25-2015, 01:46 PM
Man, smooth did you not see C34's picture, WR was open by s yard. That is open.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2015, 01:52 PM
Yep, pass was a good one in an isolated setting. He just shouldn't have thrown it. Brown may have been ever so slightly in front of the DB, but the DB had him covered. There was just about no pass that was going to result in a catch there, and virtually nothing that would have been a TD.

There's a chance he could have overthrown it slightly and had Brown lay out for it...or he could have thrown a back-shoulder pass to the sideline that Brown may have been able to react to quicker and catch, but he wouldn't have been able to run after the catch.

Honestly, the best think for Dak to do there probably would have been to underthrow it even more than he did and hope the DB doesn't see it soon enough. The pass itself was fine. The decision to throw it there was a bad one; Brown was covered.

I disagree. It's not worth arguing over, but Brown had the guy beat by a few steps and had to slow up because the pass was under thrown. If Dak puts a few more yards under it, Brown catches it in stride and scores...because he had his man beat. Like everyone has said, Brown could have come back to it and either knocked it away or caught it since he saw that it was under thrown...but it is what it is. Not a terrible pass, and a great play by the DB...but the pass was clearly under thrown, and that's why there was even a chance at an INT.

defiantdog
10-25-2015, 01:54 PM
I disagree. It's not worth arguing over, but Brown had the guy beat by a few steps and had to slow up because the pass was under thrown. If Dak puts a few more yards under it, Brown catches it in stride and scores...because he had his man beat. Like everyone has said, Brown could have come back to it and either knocked it away or caught it since he saw that it was under thrown...but it is what it is. Not a terrible pass, and a great play by the DB...but the pass was clearly under thrown, and that's why there was even a chance at an INT.

Dak should have thrown it to Ross..... he was wide open in the middle of the field hanging out with the ref.

smootness
10-25-2015, 01:55 PM
Man, smooth did you not see C34's picture, WR was open by s yard. That is open.

I just went back and rewatched the play. He's 'open' in some sense, but he's not really open. He has a step on the DB, but the DB is running with him and is taller. You're going to have to make an absolutely perfect pass, and Brown is still probably going to have to make a good play on it, in order to complete that pass.

If Brown was truly open, the pass would have been fine. Brown had to slow down ever so slightly in order to catch it, but if he had truly run past the DB, it would have fallen right over his shoulder, though the slowing down probably would have meant the DB caught up to him to tackle him immediately after the catch.

But my point is that the bigger issue with the play was the decision to throw it, not the pass itself. A QB is rarely going to make an absolutely perfect throw. Fred Brown may look open on a screenshot, but he wasn't truly open. Again, possible to complete the pass, yes. Likely, no.

PassInterference
10-25-2015, 02:00 PM
Fred Brown may look open on a screenshot, but he wasn't truly open.

SMH.

Alright, there is open and there is busted coverage nobody within 10 yards open. Fred was just "open".

smootness
10-25-2015, 02:13 PM
SMH.

Alright, there is open and there is busted coverage nobody within 10 yards open. Fred was just "open".

We can disagree. I just don't think Brown was open enough to justify the pass there. The reason he didn't go up to contest the pass is because it looked to him like a good pass that was going to fall right in his arms.

But it's not like Brown had to really slow down and the DB closed some kind of gap. Brown was about a half-step in front by the time the camera got to them, and it pretty much remained that way until the DB jumped up to grab it.

It would have taken an extraordinarily great pass to complete it there, that's my point. What Dak threw was a pretty good one, very slightly underthrown but the kind of pass you see plenty of completions from in any football game.

PassInterference
10-25-2015, 02:14 PM
I bet I can show you 10 other completions last night where the receivers was just as open as Fred was. This is the SEC. A few steps is wide ass open.

Mjoelner34
10-25-2015, 02:20 PM
I bet I can show you 10 other completions last night where the receivers was just as open as Fred was. This is the SEC. A few steps is wide ass open.

One of them was the Ross pass to Bear.

smootness
10-25-2015, 02:22 PM
My point is, he absolutely was not 'a few steps' open. The screenshot is misleading because it's after the DB has already jumped. So his feet are going to be behind because Brown continued running. That DB's helmet in the screenshot is pretty much where it was while they were both running. Brown was a half-step in front, but a normal pass, even if perfect and not underthrown at all, is likely at least broken up by the DB. Dak would have had to either [I]over[I]throw it and have Brown dive or put it toward the sideline because Brown was on the inside of the DB. A normal pass there wasn't enough to get it done, so it shouldn't have been thrown.

Actually watch the replay. The DB is running stride-for-stride with Brown (though, again, about a half yard behind) but is taller and was covering Brown pretty well.

It really doesn't matter, so it feels silly to even discuss this much, but that's what I see. Not a perfect throw, but a good enough one if the WR truly is open. Certainly not overthrown, but hardly underthrown, either. Just shouldn't have thrown it.

smootness
10-25-2015, 02:22 PM
One of them was the Ross pass to Bear.

And that pass was overthrown slightly, and Wilson dove to catch it. That would have worked here.

basedog
10-25-2015, 02:24 PM
We can disagree. I just don't think Brown was open enough to justify the pass there. The reason he didn't go up to contest the pass is because it looked to him like a good pass that was going to fall right in his arms.

But it's not like Brown had to really slow down and the DB closed some kind of gap. Brown was about a half-step in front by the time the camera got to them, and it pretty much remained that way until the DB jumped up to grab it.

It would have taken an extraordinarily great pass to complete it there, that's my point. What Dak threw was a pretty good one, very slightly underthrown but the kind of pass you see plenty of completions from in any football game.

I have to admit I was wrong as for as over thrown pass, but the pass was there for a catch only to have a good play as I've stated by the DB.
Hell I ain't so conceited that I may be wrong for sure. I don't like to be called stupid, that's something I sure don't like to see anybody being called on a Msu message board. Btw, for you other posters who said I was wrong, thanks for showing some class without calling me out!

CadaverDawg
10-25-2015, 02:27 PM
My point is, he absolutely was not 'a few steps' open. The screenshot is misleading because it's after the DB has already jumped. So his feet are going to be behind because Brown continued running. That DB's helmet in the screenshot is pretty much where it was while they were both running. Brown was a half-step in front, but a normal pass, even if perfect and not underthrown at all, is likely at least broken up by the DB. Dak would have had to either [I]over[I]throw it and have Brown dive or put it toward the sideline because Brown was on the inside of the DB. A normal pass there wasn't enough to get it done, so it shouldn't have been thrown.

Actually watch the replay. The DB is running stride-for-stride with Brown (though, again, about a half yard behind) but is taller and was covering Brown pretty well.

It really doesn't matter, so it feels silly to even discuss this much, but that's what I see. Not a perfect throw, but a good enough one if the WR truly is open. Certainly not overthrown, but hardly underthrown, either. Just shouldn't have thrown it.

It was ABSOLUTELY under thrown. The receiver had to slow down to try to catch it, and the defensive player that was behind Brown caught the ball....it was 100%, absolutely, positively under thrown. That is not really debateable. Was it underthrown by a ton? Maybe not....but to say it "wasn't under thrown" is just inaccurate.

I can agree to disagree on everything but that, ha

LC Dawg
10-25-2015, 02:28 PM
Is anyone besides me happy that Dak's not going into the Bama game with a long streak of no interceptions? As great as something like that is I think it can become a distraction, especially going into a big game.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2015, 02:29 PM
Is anyone besides me happy that Dak's not going into the Bama game with a long streak of no interceptions? As great as something like that is I think it can become a distraction, especially going into a big game.

Haha, I hadn't thought about it, but now that you say it...yes.

smootness
10-25-2015, 02:32 PM
It was ABSOLUTELY under thrown. The receiver had to slow down to try to catch it, and the defensive player that was behind Brown caught the ball....it was 100%, absolutely, positively under thrown. That is not really debateable. Was it underthrown by a ton? Maybe not....but to say it "wasn't under thrown" is just inaccurate.

I can agree to disagree on everything but that, ha

I said 'hardly underthrown'...meaning it was underthrown, but not by much. I'll put it this way: If Dak throws that same exact pass on Staley's TD against NWSU, it's still a TD. Staley threw a better pass, but Dak's would have been fine there.

If Staley throws the same pass he threw there in the situation last night, I don't think it's completed. The DB was close enough to use his length to at least break it up.

ScottH
10-25-2015, 02:41 PM
I forgot to mention Hutch tho- he is also starting to come on and play well.

I wish we could find a mystery injury from last year and get him one more year.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2015, 02:42 PM
I said 'hardly underthrown'...meaning it was underthrown, but not by much.

Oh ok, I misunderstood you then. I agree with this^

Sacrifice
10-25-2015, 03:02 PM
Well I have to give Mullen credit. He pretty much benched Shump and played Williams and what a surprise, we had a productive running game last night. I'd like to see more Lee but if Williams is the man now, that's fine with me. Oh and that ball was underthrown. Brown should've had his arms extended to catch it, not the DB.

Coach34
10-25-2015, 03:11 PM
And this is why I argued with people over Standsbury for a decade. Some people with their fandom and love doesnt allow them to see things clearly. I said-

" Even the pick Prescott threw- Fred was open- get the ball to him and dont underthrow it."

We have had 2 pages of people trying to dispute the obvious. Then when proven wrong- they try to discuss levels of underthrown- all the while all I said was "underthrown". I love Checkdown Charlie to death- Ive met members of his family here. I was the 1st one to tell the State family that he would indeed be the best QB in school history.So stop the bellyaching- he wasnt Checkdown Charlie last night and you see how awesome the offense looks when the ball is pushed.

Sacrifice
10-25-2015, 03:13 PM
I'm rewatching the game and Justin Johnson is a freakin blocking machine! He don't just block people, he tries to take there manhood from them. I love this kid.

defiantdog
10-25-2015, 03:20 PM
Well I have to give Mullen credit. He pretty much benched Shump and played Williams and what a surprise, we had a productive running game last night. I'd like to see more Lee but if Williams is the man now, that's fine with me. Oh and that ball was underthrown. Brown should've had his arms extended to catch it, not the DB.
To put our running game in perspective..... Williams had 8 carries for 27 yards, Lee had 5 carries for 7 yards and Holloway had 6 carries for 36 yards. Last year, JRob had 23 carries for 198 yards and two of those Kentucky linemen are in the NFL now. It was Dak who blew up the running game last night. Maybe we're not scared to get him hurt anymore.

I'm rewatching the game and Justin Johnson is a freakin blocking machine! He don't just block people, he tries to take there manhood from them. I love this kid.
Justin Johnson used to block receivers through the sideline last year, which was a big reason for Hoover's running success. I've never seen a WR converted TE with that much aggression. You can't teach that. He can block with the best of them, and he can catch. He's gonna be good one.

Sacrifice
10-25-2015, 03:24 PM
On Daks first TD, Dak is pointing at the sky and Johnson is still blocking some LB in the back of the end zone. It was a thing of beauty!

smootness
10-25-2015, 03:35 PM
On Daks first TD, Dak is pointing at the sky and Johnson is still blocking some LB in the back of the end zone. It was a thing of beauty!

Haha I went back and watched it, and he was on the right side of the line, knew the play was designed to go left and was at the 1-2 yard line, and it looked like he even briefly looked left to see Dak going into the end zone...and only then did he get to the second level and hit a guy just standing by himself in the end zone. Basically just wanted to go hit somebody. That's awesome.

shannondawg
10-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Only difference the way I see it this year. Dak is healthy now to finish out the string. Last year he wasn't and we dropped off at the end. Lets hope we finish strong this year with a healthy Dak.

And to be giving him a cute name like Checkdown Charlie is childish and disrespectful of the best qb in our history.

chef dixon
10-25-2015, 04:21 PM
This was a stupid argument.

All I have to say after this game is that if you still think this team could operate just as well with Fitzgerald in charge right now, there is no help for you.

RougeDawg
10-25-2015, 05:09 PM
This was a stupid argument.

All I have to say after this game is that if you still think this team could operate just as well with Fitzgerald in charge right now, there is no help for you.

You are correct. Last nights play calling and personnel dictated how well our offense played. Earlier in the season our play calling and personnel did not let Dak be Dak. That's where people said " current abnormal, no run, check down Dak" was not the Dak that propelled us to #1. Hence people saying that we could still win the ones we has won with Fitz or Staleylast night was the first game Dak has been the Dak of pre Kentucky 2014. For whatever reason ( history's and play calling suggest Dan Mullen) he wasn't being himself at QB and doing the things that had him in the Heisman race last year.

pilldawg
10-25-2015, 07:08 PM
It adds to the tempo and those drops in the past kill drives.

cujo
10-25-2015, 09:24 PM
I though McLaurin played well, too

drunkernhelldawg
10-25-2015, 10:41 PM
I can agree with this, not a bad pass but not a great pass, as for as me saying overthrown, maybe I was off but it was still a decent pass that the DB made a very good play on.

It was thrown a long way. It would have been a great hookup but was about four yards too short.

drunkernhelldawg
10-25-2015, 10:56 PM

Williams had a great game. I don't think it's been mentioned enough. Not a great game the way Holloway had (which was a monster game for him), but a great game for a freshman to have when we're struggling to establish a running game. He gave us three for a huge first down in the first half. He had another great play in the first half, but I forget the details now. In the second half he performed perfectly on that swing pass for nine. Like what I saw from Williams last night.

chef dixon
10-25-2015, 11:15 PM
Williams had a great game. I don't think it's been mentioned enough. Not a great game the way Holloway had (which was a monster game for him), but a great game for a freshman to have when we're struggling to establish a running game. He gave us three for a huge first down in the first half. He had another great play in the first half, but I forget the details now. In the second half he performed perfectly on that swing pass for nine. Like what I saw from Williams last night.

He played fair. I would have liked to see him convert that 4th and 1 though. He fell horizontally and didn't advance the ball any further after he made contact with the defender.

drunkernhelldawg
10-26-2015, 12:23 AM
He played fair. I would have liked to see him convert that 4th and 1 though. He fell horizontally and didn't advance the ball any further after he made contact with the defender.

Kentucky got a lot of penetration on that fourth down. Clumsy play all around. Seem like the pressure was on him right when he got the ball. I do think you're right that the perfect cut might have worked. But is was a tough situation.

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 01:06 AM

He gave us enough of a running game presence to be able to run option and play action. That's basically all we really need from the freshmen running backs right now.