PDA

View Full Version : Gattis is a great story

tenureplan
04-03-2013, 07:35 PM
but I can't believe he just flipped his bat.

msstate7
04-03-2013, 07:57 PM
He can smash. McCann could be in his last season as a brave

engie
04-03-2013, 08:03 PM
He might not make it through this season... Sell him while he's still valuable...

msstate7
04-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Could happen. As a braves fan, it's gonna hurt me to lose McCann, but I know it's gonna happen. Bethancourt and gattis too good.

Todd4State
04-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I LOVE Evan Gattis. As soon as I said that to my entourage at Trustmark Park, he crushes a 450+ foot home run during their exhibition game.

engie
04-03-2013, 08:47 PM
This Braves lineup is the best and deepest that I've seen in a long, long time... No easy outs and every one of them can beat you with one swing... Crazy how athletic most of them are as well...

msstate7
04-03-2013, 08:49 PM
If medlen and minor are even close to as good as they were in the 2nd half last season, the braves are going to be very good.

War Machine Dawg
04-03-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm leading the El Oso Blanco Bandwagon. Join while you can, it's gonna fill up quick.

I agree we could be seeing Mac's last days as a Brave. I don't think we'll move him unless we get an offer we can't refuse, but I guarantee we'll listen. Still, we've got a history of selling high on guys, so I would be far from shocked if we moved Mac. He's only about 30, but he's got a LOT of innings on those knees, not to mention the shoulder. Bethancourt is a stud defensively, but his bat isn't ready yet. I'm gonna HATE seeing Mac go, but it's the move I'd make, too.

Todd4State
04-03-2013, 11:19 PM
The Braves need to try to trade McCann to an American League team. I doubt the Braves get very much back in return for him- so if you are a Braves fan and you are expecting to get Oscar Taveras, Jurickson Profar, or Dylan Bundy back for him- forget it. You might get someone useful like a veteran middle relief guy for the bullpen for him though.

msstate7
04-03-2013, 11:28 PM
The Braves need to try to trade McCann to an American League team. I doubt the Braves get very much back in return for him- so if you are a Braves fan and you are expecting to get Oscar Taveras, Jurickson Profar, or Dylan Bundy back for him- forget it. You might get someone useful like a veteran middle relief guy for the bullpen for him though.

Coming off shoulder surgery, the braves won't get anything for McCann. He'll have to show he's back after poor year last year

Todd4State
04-04-2013, 01:13 AM
He'll get a chance to show that he is back- and you are right the Braves won't get much of anything for him one way or the other.

FISHDAWG
04-04-2013, 08:46 AM
same here ... Mac is making 13 million this year and I think it's the last year left on his current contract ... I'll miss him, he was a good brave but we have talent in waiting

sanfordrjones
04-04-2013, 08:49 AM
He's in the last year of his contract, and with the new CBA rules, teams won't be able to get any draft pick compensation if they trade for him now and he doesn't re-sign. The Braves, on the other hand, will get a compensatory 1st rounder if he doesn't re-sign. Plus, the Braves are kind of expecting to make a run this post-season, and they're going to want McCann for that. I would be shocked if he is traded this year. After this year, though, he's probably gone unless Bethancourt doesn't progress at all in the minors.