PDA

View Full Version : How about some love for the OL?

tcdog70
10-25-2015, 10:02 AM
They are finally coming together. The pass protection has gone from OK to Really good. They also opened some nice holes for our runners. # 10 also had his best game. Dak will continue to run the rest of the season and this will help everyone do their job. the threat of Dak running make our offense click. #84 has finally figured it out. He is a huge target and is becoming a fierce blocker. He might have a future in the NFL..

I can't see the MO. tigers scoring enough to beat Us. Then Bama coming to Vegas will be huge. I think Bama is beatable. shit we might run the table.

PassInterference
10-25-2015, 10:04 AM
The OL was rough early on. It got better either with adjustments of the fact that we showed we could peel the top off. Also because Dak showed he could keep and do damage on the zone read.

So you've got Dak being a threat and the deep ball being a threat. That helps the rest of the running game a ton.

basedog
10-25-2015, 10:31 AM
Yep the offensive line is now playing as a unit, patience has or is paying off. Also we don't have a running back like Bo Williams, I was very impressed with him last night. Holloway played well last night and Williams made a few tough runs and probably will get a few more snaps. Hutchinson is playing well, has much better hands than I thought.

Maroons
10-25-2015, 10:54 AM
They're getting better, but that UK DL was really bad. Bad DL allowed us to throw vertically more and they were clueless on the read option.

Coach34
10-25-2015, 10:56 AM
We are 4th in sacks allowed- and both LSU and Georgia have played one less game. Our OL is good in pass pro

tcdog70
10-25-2015, 12:23 PM
Why is it so hard for some State fans to give our players an Atta Boy when they deserve it. Instead they want to point out how shitty our opponent is? Our OL has been bashed all year. When They do good give them a thumbs up.it take a while for an OL unit to mesh.

NCDawg
10-25-2015, 12:32 PM
Why is it so hard for some State fans to give our players an Atta Boy when they deserve it. Instead they want to point out how shitty our opponent is? Our OL has been bashed all year. When They do good give them a thumbs up.it take a while for an OL unit to mesh.

I agree. I've been disappointed with our OL all year, but they played a good game last night, especially in pass protection. I'll gladly give them a thumbs up.

basedog
10-25-2015, 12:37 PM

It's a ED thing.

tcdog70
10-25-2015, 06:18 PM
I can Bitch with the best of them but I see this team getting better and will continue to improve. Our freshmen are going to figure it out and be more aggressive . I see our OL becoming a special unit. It is ok to feel good about the Dogs.The only bitch I have from Sat. Is the stupid ass pooch kickoff.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2015, 06:33 PM
Our OL has definitely improved. In fact, the only sack I saw last night, was when Holloway missed a block in pass protection against a LB. So even that one wasn't on the OL.

Not to get side tracked, but that is the exact reason why Holloway can't be our feature back. He is going to get a QB killed. He played a hell of a game last night though. Dan actually schemed around Holloway's lack of being able to pick up the blitz on a few plays....they brought heat, and Holloway just faked a block and Dak dumped it right over the D's heads to Holloway for a big gain. I loved the imagination and creativity Dan showed.

Probably our best all around performance this season imo.

starkvegasdawg
10-25-2015, 06:33 PM
Definitely seeing improvement. Now if Manny could just make his adjustments pregame instead of after the first quarter.

Really Clark?
10-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Definitely seeing improvement. Now if Manny could just make his adjustments pregame instead of after the first quarter.

Well he has gone from half time adjustments to first quarter adjustments, so it's getting better.*** I think some of that issue is the players starting slow and timid. Last night though they were too aggressive and Boom was running past the DL a good bit. Now they have to put it together. Play hard from the opening bell but still maintain some discipline. They are getting there though.

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 08:24 PM
I was impressed with our OL play last night. Dak could have eaten a sandwich back there.

Red Sox Dawg
10-25-2015, 08:50 PM
Our O Line has gotten better for sure, especially the last 2 weeks.

Homedawg
10-25-2015, 10:48 PM
I was impressed with our OL play last night. Dak could have eaten a sandwich back there.

Our pass pro has been solid most of the year. Being 4th in fewest sacks given up says a lot, especially considering how often we throw.

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 01:10 AM
We're also fourth in the SEC in tackles for loss allowed- meaning the fewer you allow the higher you are ranked.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category21/sort01.html

Barking 13
10-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Our O Line has gotten better for sure, especially the last 2 weeks.

I concur.. And I have been critical of the line play more than anybody...... all part of player development. (see the theme?)

tcdog70
10-26-2015, 10:06 AM
our improved pass pro along with the emergence of #84 and #6 will just allow for Dak to explode the last part of the season. He will start to run more and our offense will put extreme pressure on the opposing defenses.Gray has the best hands of all the receivers, if it is close He will snatch it. 84 has a chance to be the best TE in the SEC--why?--he has Dak to make Him look good.--6'7 and 260 is a Man.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2015, 10:28 AM
The OL has been good in pass protection all year and they are getting better. Saturday was the first time they showed any real run blocking at all. They still had trouble opening holes between the tackles. In fairness UK is pretty weak up front.

PassInterference
10-26-2015, 10:56 AM
Wet blanket post...

3-4 defenses are based on the NT. KY's starting NT was out with an injury. The replacement NT might have been 360 lbs, but wasn't problematic.

Dental Dawg33
10-26-2015, 11:08 AM
They are looking much better. We are improving weekly and I like it. Even with our defensive adjustments. We have another conference match up next week that should be a competitive tune up game. Keep fine tuning things and it's going to get very interesting Nov. 14