PDA

View Full Version : Our team as a whole seems to have found an edge these past two games.

HSVDawg
10-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Hard to say what finally clicked, but we seem to be flying around a lot more and showing a lot more emotion out on the field. Case and point would be Nick James sprinting after Towles like a madman and then celebrating after forcing the throw out of bounds. That to me instills just as much confidence in our ability to finish strong as the improvement on the X's and O's side. Hopefully it continues.

starkvegasdawg
10-25-2015, 09:45 AM
I'll say we finally found out edge completely when we quit having so many missed tackles. For bend but don't break to be remotely successful we have to be able to wrap up first man in space. Had too many plays that turned into large gains in what should have been no gain or TFL.

PassInterference
10-25-2015, 10:02 AM
I'll say we finally found out edge completely when we quit having so many missed tackles. For bend but don't break to be remotely successful we have to be able to wrap up first man in space. Had too many plays that turned into large gains in what should have been no gain or TFL.

We were remotely successful holding KY to just 7 points more than their season low. Only UF, which has a great D, held them to less.

This shows we're good on D and could get even better.

msstate7
10-25-2015, 10:07 AM
We were remotely successful holding KY to just 7 points more than their season low. Only UF, which has a great D, held them to less.

This shows we're good on D and could get even better.

Mullen gifted them 3 points

starkvegasdawg
10-25-2015, 10:10 AM
Not complaining. Overall, we're much better. Was just saying still room for improvement.

thunderclap
10-25-2015, 10:23 AM
I just hope whatever irritated the hell outta Mullen this week irritates him for the next 5 weeks.

msstate7
10-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Not complaining. Overall, we're much better. Was just saying still room for improvement.

Which sec team can't say that?