PDA

View Full Version : Facts I didn't know

basedog
10-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Coming back from the game last night and listening to post game 5th quarter show:

1) Msu and Bama are tied in the last 24 games played with a record of 19-5, best in the Sec.

2) Dak's 6 TD's tied the great Jackie Parker record from way back in 1952, he was a legend in Canada.

3) We haven't given up a TD in the 4th quarter this year, 12 points total, we have outscored opponents 62-12.

4) we have 14 freshmen on the team with 3 being out with injuries, 2 were starting DB's.

5) Dak is the only QB with over 6,000 yards passing and 2,000 yards running.

6) Dak now holds the rushing record for a QB which John Bond held.

Manny Diaz has been lights out this year, yes we may start off slow but his on the field adjustments are as good as you can get.
One of the more impressive things I saw last night was when the QB got chased out of the pocket heading toward the east sideline and Big Nick James was running as hard as he could trying to catch the QB and he ran him out of bounds! Very impressive hustle and never quit in James. I'm sure that will be played over and ove in the film room. James is playing himself into the draft, he may be the most or at least one the most improved players on out team. Love his emotion, he is becoming a leader!

PassInterference
10-25-2015, 09:16 AM
I also noticed big 88 huffing it after Towles. He made Towles run hard to get out of bounds. After the play James was excited about it. Good for him.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2015, 09:50 AM
I also noticed big 88 huffing it after Towles. He made Towles run hard to get out of bounds. After the play James was excited about it. Good for him.

I told my wife, a year ago James couldn't have run him out of bounds. It is great to see him turn it around like he has.

godlluB
10-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Matt Wyatt commented after that play that the most impressive thing is that James hustled back and lined up for the next play, that last year, he would have tapped out and gone to the sidelines for oxygen.