PDA

View Full Version : What a difference a Kentucky game makes

Todd4State
10-24-2015, 11:48 PM
Think about last year when we played UK. We were number one and had been really hot. We were pretty sloppy against UK, 1A/1B reared it's ugly head at times and we made Towles look like Andrew Luck 2.0. Yeah we still had moments of dominance like Robinson going crazy on them- but in hindsight we had peaked at the Auburn game last year.

This year we really haven't played up to our potential thus far and have been kind of in a funk- even though we certainly have had some flashes at times. UNTIL tonight. Dak played his best game of the year so far- UK has to be tired of our superstars like Dixon, Robinson, and Dak going completely off on them every year- we are seeing more of the young freshmen RB's in Williams, Lee and Dear. The o-line is getting better every week. And the defense is starting to be even more aggressive and nasty. Remember a few weeks ago when some of us were wondering why we weren't getting any turnovers on defense? We had at least two tonight and we were a senseless penalty from having a pick six. And the special teams continues to be solid.

It will be interesting to see going forward if this game was the turning point. We'll find out for sure in about a month for now.

msstate7
10-25-2015, 12:09 AM
I think the turning point was last week. When we went down 14-0, Dak got pissed and our team has responded

Todd4State
10-25-2015, 12:23 AM
You may very well be right. We could have very easily won the La Tech game in sloppy fashion or Heaven forbid even gotten upset.

But we didn't. Dak got pissed and then all of a sudden we go on a 45-6 tear- and basically over three quarters. And La Tech is a good team that probably will win 9 games. You have to be a good team in every sense of the word to do what we did to them.

AlSwearengen
10-25-2015, 10:14 AM
What I was hoping early in the year (and I'm still hoping) is that we would improve with every game because we had so many new kids playing important roles, especially on the two lines. We also have a new defensive scheme for everyone to learn.

The last two games, we are seeing new guys stepping up and contributing more and more. Hopefully, the improvements keep coming in sizable chunks from game to game. How beautiful would it be to peak at the end of the year as opposed to the middle of the season like we did last year?

archdog
10-25-2015, 11:33 AM
So anyone have a screen shot of Booger McFarlanes preseason projection for us and Auburn handy?

PMDawg
10-25-2015, 11:36 AM
Remember when Kentucky fans were chalking this up as a win preseason? Lol at them.

IMissJack
10-25-2015, 11:38 AM
Remember when Kentucky fans were chalking this up as a win preseason? Lol at them.

Absolutely preseason they were positive they would beat us.

Schultzy
10-25-2015, 11:44 AM
I think booger and Doering both had us losing to Kentucky.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-25-2015, 12:58 PM
What I think of when I see or hear "Booger McFarland."