PDA

View Full Version : How in the crap did we lose to A&M???

Tripp McNeely
10-24-2015, 11:48 PM
Their boards are AWESOME entertainment right now. Good to see that losing to om still convinces an opposing teams fanbase that they need to fire their coach...good luck TD!!

Todd4State
10-24-2015, 11:58 PM
Honestly, the way Sumlin coached them tonight I can understand why they would want him fired. I don't care if it's Joe Montana, you don't let your starting QB go 1-19 and leave him in like he did.

BossDawg
10-25-2015, 02:28 AM
Honestly, the way Sumlin coached them tonight I can understand why they would want him fired. I don't care if it's Joe Montana, you don't let your starting QB go 1-19 and leave him in like he did.

He went 1-19? Seriously? Wtf? If there ever are times when decent teams play like flaming garbage you can bet the house it will be against UMiss.

TimberBeast
10-25-2015, 02:32 AM
Sumlin is a terrible coach, wait for it.

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2015, 02:34 AM
The Confederates have benefited from some incredibly fortunate and out of chacater bad play from their opponents in their two signature wins this year. As it always does things evened out for the Bama anomaly in th Florida game. Tonight will have to be atoned for to the football gods. I nominate Thanksgiving weekend in Stark Vegas for that atonement.

Jack Lambert
10-25-2015, 07:42 AM
A few fumbles on our part helped. Sumerlin is not a good coach. His system works when he has a NFL talent QB. When he was at Houston he had Casey Keenum for three out of four seasons and had three really good team. The third season out of the four Keenum was hurt and out and Sumerlin had a losing season. He walked lucked into Johnny football his first two seasons. If he was a wise man and had a chance to go to USC he better hook up because A&M with their money will fire him.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2015, 07:43 AM
Sumlin is a terrible coach, wait for it.

I wouldn't say terrible, but he's nothing special. Average to good, but he won't last at aTm.

Irondawg
10-25-2015, 07:50 AM
A big reason we lost to TAMU was the Kyle Allen we played looked a lot different than the Kyle Allen that has played the past two weeks. He's been terrible.

Part of that is probably up and down of young qb but I think the other part is that we play such softer coverage than bama and om that we allowed him to get confidence.

But we also played sloppy on offense with some key misses and turnovers and AM played clean

Dawgface
10-25-2015, 07:57 AM
We looked soft against a&m. If we had played with the intensity as last night, we would have won.

Taog Redloh
10-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Main reason is because we played out there, and Ole Miss played them in Oxford. It's that simple.

IMissJack
10-25-2015, 08:48 AM
First and foremost, OM played A&M after Bama tenderized them a little. They also saw from Bama that an attacking in your face D is better to make Allen make bad decisions, then bend and don't break that we employed a lot of the game. Then also, it was a home game for OM, we were on the road. Allen is still young, and this affected him. This is the first time this year that A&M has not played in TX I believe. Finally, we did not capitalize on some big plays, and turned the ball over (not a winning combo).

defiantdog
10-25-2015, 09:43 AM
A&M played flawless against us. We got their best..... It happens sometimes.

1bigdawg
10-25-2015, 09:46 AM
We played SOFT at A&M. They out toughed us.

MabenMaroon
10-25-2015, 12:10 PM
TAMU screwed up royally when they fired Mike Sherman. Coach Sherman was building a system/program that would have been better for more consistent performances in the SEC. A system that wouldn't have relied on a Johnny Football type to get hot or gimmicky offenses working without mistakes. He was building solid D first and trying to build a consistent O. Thank goodness for us and the rest of the SEC, the fan base grew impatient or we would be facing a perennial powerhouse from the banks of the Brazos. Even with Johnny Football, they had to rely on their QB to have an exceptional game to succeed. As it is now,they go as the qb goes and nothing else to fall back on. Unfortunately for us, we caught them when their qb was having a great day and we had not found ourselves and our "identity" yet.

Taog Redloh
10-25-2015, 01:45 PM
TAMU screwed up royally when they fired Mike Sherman. Coach Sherman was building a system/program that would have been better for more consistent performances in the SEC. A system that wouldn't have relied on a Johnny Football type to get hot or gimmicky offenses working without mistakes. He was building solid D first and trying to build a consistent O. Thank goodness for us and the rest of the SEC, the fan base grew impatient or we would be facing a perennial powerhouse from the banks of the Brazos. Even with Johnny Football, they had to rely on their QB to have an exceptional game to succeed. As it is now,they go as the qb goes and nothing else to fall back on. Unfortunately for us, we caught them when their qb was having a great day and we had not found ourselves and our "identity" yet.
I've been hearing this crap for years. Sleeping giant, yada yada yada

They haven't ever won a damned thing. I'm starting to think that recruits just don't care to go out there and be around all their weirdness.

HoopsDawg
10-25-2015, 01:49 PM
I think the other part is that we play such softer coverage than bama and om that we allowed him to get confidence.

But we also played sloppy on offense with some key misses and turnovers and AM played clean

You nailed it. Our soft zone coverage is exactly what Sumlin's offense thrives against. The fumble by Aeris and the failed 4th down conversion to Shump were also really key plays that could have turned the game.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-25-2015, 01:52 PM

They haven't ever won a damned thing. I'm starting to think that recruits just don't care to go out there and be around all their weirdness.

I have been saying this for years. They aren't historically good, and I have no idea why people think they are such a juggernaut.

HoopsDawg
10-25-2015, 02:00 PM
I have been saying this for years. They aren't historically good, and I have no idea why people think they are such a juggernaut.

Money, facilities, they are now in a great conference, recruiting...not much of a reach here guys.

Also, Sumlin is a good coach. Some people forget, we are playing in the toughest division outside of the NFL.

smootness
10-25-2015, 02:03 PM

While the first part of what you say is true, they are absolutely attracting recruits right now. They don't seem to be developing enough of them for them to compete, but getting recruits there is not an issue.

HoopsDawg
10-25-2015, 02:09 PM
I'm starting to think that recruits just don't care to go out there and be around all their weirdness.

LOL, they have signed 3 top 10 classes in a row. SMH

MabenMaroon
10-25-2015, 03:22 PM

You seem to have a peculiar form of reading comprehension that rears it head on many threads on this board.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-25-2015, 03:58 PM
They have 2 10-win seasons on the last 20 years. For all of that money and those nice facilities they arent getting a very good ROI.

Oh, and they are weird as 17

Taog Redloh
10-25-2015, 04:07 PM
You seem to have a peculiar form of reading comprehension that rears it head on many threads on this board.
Nope, read it just fine. If you don't like people testing your opinions, don't post them on the public board.

Taog Redloh
10-25-2015, 04:08 PM
While the first part of what you say is true, they are absolutely attracting recruits right now. They don't seem to be developing enough of them for them to compete, but getting recruits there is not an issue.
Fair enough, they certainly are winning the rankings.

I guess I meant more the type of players that you need to build real depth and ultimately a championship program. And that is not always 5 stars, 3 deep at every position, especially in a state where talent is typically overrated due to the fanaticism of the sport in high school.

Blackout
10-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Probably just my bias but they don't seem to get the kids with a chip on the shoulder. They are Duke basketball without Coach K and the championships.

Talent, sure they got it. But it's Jackson Prep and Madison Central talent, not West Point and South Panola. You punch the Aggies in the mouth and they won't punch back.

defiantdog
10-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Probably just my bias but they don't seem to get the kids with a chip on the shoulder. They are Duke basketball without Coach K and the championships.

Talent, sure they got it. But it's Jackson Prep and Madison Central talent, not West Point and South Panola. You punch the Aggies in the mouth and they won't punch back.

Jackson Prep is now compared to Madison Central? Wow, times have changed since I was at Madison Central.

Taog Redloh
10-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Yes, takes a special type of coach to manage that type player. You got a lot of guys that want to be leaders but don't what to do what it takes to be one, because they've never had to put in that type of work.

Saban is one of the best at it.

whosyourdawgy
10-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Wasn't Allen hurting from the Bama game? I was in Oxford last night and that's what was going around. Saying he had an injured shoulder. Must've had a cortisone shot before the game and it wore off and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. His outs were going 5 yards out of bounds. It was pathetic.

dawgs
10-25-2015, 06:39 PM

How do you know duke doesn't get players with chips on their shoulders? If anything I'd say of the top 5-10 basketball programs in my lifetime, duke has by far the most "scrappy" guys playing big roles on natty caliber teams largely on heart and hustle. Even guys like grant hill and battier played tough and scrapped.

Blackout
10-25-2015, 07:19 PM
How do you know duke doesn't get players with chips on their shoulders? If anything I'd say of the top 5-10 basketball programs in my lifetime, duke has by far the most "scrappy" guys playing big roles on natty caliber teams largely on heart and hustle. Even guys like grant hill and battier played tough and scrapped.

Put it this way, if we played no-rules cage match brawl fighting instead of football, Texas A&M would be near the bottom of the conference.

dawgs
10-26-2015, 01:57 AM
Put it this way, if we played no-rules cage match brawl fighting instead of football, Texas A&M would be near the bottom of the conference.

And how is that relevant to duke again? Pretty much every other elite program in college basketball strikes me as being loaded with more prima donnas than duke over the last 30 years.

I know nobody likes duke and it's cool to hate on them, I just think you are trying to make a bad comparison here. I mean, saying a&m is exactly like duke basketball except duke has one of the best coaches of all time and a bunch of titles is enough of a distinguishing comment to illustrate they are nothing alike, and then you still haven't pointed out that duke is any less scrappy than other top programs on a regular basis.

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 02:08 AM
Wasn't Allen hurting from the Bama game? I was in Oxford last night and that's what was going around. Saying he had an injured shoulder. Must've had a cortisone shot before the game and it wore off and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. His outs were going 5 yards out of bounds. It was pathetic.

That makes the decision to leave him in so long even worse. I don't know if it's true or not, but it certainly makes sense. Him throwing three pick sixes against Alabama which essentially cost them the game probably didn't help his confidence either.

TimberBeast
10-26-2015, 09:04 AM

No that would be us.

Blackout
10-26-2015, 10:22 AM
No that would be us.

We don't have their talent level. It seems that our passivity has been more coaching/game planning in big games than personnel although the tackling at times makes me rethink that. But definitely not as widespread as the Aggie entitlement.

Dental Dawg33
10-26-2015, 12:07 PM
You nailed it. Our soft zone coverage is exactly what Sumlin's offense thrives against. The fumble by Aeris and the failed 4th down conversion to Shump were also really key plays that could have turned the game.

Not to mention Dak overthrowing Gabe on a wide open TD and Bear fumbling on a long 3rd down conversion. Shot ourselves in the foot all night

DancingRabbit
10-26-2015, 12:40 PM

I saw on an Aggie board some folks were saying he got injured while playing us, said his throwing motion was off the whole Bama game and the OM game.

TrapGame
10-26-2015, 12:47 PM
If we would have played as well as these last two games we would have been tied or up a score late in the 4th. But, it just shows you how improved this team has become. I'm really excited about November.

FISHDAWG
10-27-2015, 09:10 AM
I wouldn't say terrible, but he's nothing special. Average to good, but he won't last at aTm.

isn't he like 3 & 2 against Mullen ?