PDA

View Full Version : New and improved Dak

Coach 57
10-24-2015, 11:29 PM
Finally got to see what Mullen has been talking about when he answered a question about what's he difference between Dak last year and this year. He answered "he sees the WHOLE game now." I watched Dak tonight and e wet through his progressions like he had bee doing but there was a little difference, if you missed it you need to go back to the game and watch.

He is diagnosing the defense quicker than he had before. It makes him a FAR greater threat to anyone they play from now on. He has really learned to not only diagnose a defense but he has learned to do it quicker and react with more confidence. I think he also has a great deal of trust with Gray. Guys I hope you are ready because f Manny can keep tightening the "belt" defensively on our last few opponents, we could be in for a very special season.....even dare I ay better than last year.

Also I've been watching our young kids as well. This injury to Market (as I have stated before) could be a very good thing for that position. But one guy I've really been watching is Calvin. I was curious as to why DT was paying him. Now I see, his hands are EXCELLENT and his punch from the outside technique is nice too. They (these techniques) freed him up (once on the bone head late hit on the QB) but he got pressures from outside too. I'd advise you guys to keep an eye out for this kid.

Also our OL looked really good tonight too. We are using both Jenkins and Warren at LT and I think they (right now) are dead even.

Todd4State
10-24-2015, 11:40 PM
Dak is putting it all together. Maybe he wasn't doing things quite as quickly earlier in the year when he wasn't scrambling as much, I don't know. Or maybe Dan just had to remind him that it was OK to still run sometimes.

PassInterference
10-24-2015, 11:40 PM
I also thought this was Dak's best game. He always knew what to do, where to throw, great pocket awareness, knew when & where to run, scrambled well and had receivers help him with scramble routes.

He is looking looking like a field general with talent to go with it.

mstatefan91
10-24-2015, 11:41 PM
I think Dan had to remind him that running is still a very good option.

I liked seeing him pick up chunks of yardage with his legs. It was refreshing.

rolodawg
10-24-2015, 11:43 PM
The TD pass to Holloway was a thing of beauty.

PassInterference
10-25-2015, 01:49 AM
The TD pass to Holloway was a thing of beauty.

Great play by stone hands. When he threw that I thought there is no way 5 foot nothing Holloway was coming down with that.

Churchill
10-25-2015, 08:53 AM
Very nice summary coach but I would like to ask if you think it`s possible Dak was dinged up (possibly in fall camp) and just now getting his legs back under him. Unless my eyes have been really deceiving me he moving a lot better than he was a month ago.

basedog
10-25-2015, 08:55 AM
Finally got to see what Mullen has been talking about when he answered a question about what's he difference between Dak last year and this year. He answered "he sees the WHOLE game now." I watched Dak tonight and e wet through his progressions like he had bee doing but there was a little difference, if you missed it you need to go back to the game and watch.

He is diagnosing the defense quicker than he had before. It makes him a FAR greater threat to anyone they play from now on. He has really learned to not only diagnose a defense but he has learned to do it quicker and react with more confidence. I think he also has a great deal of trust with Gray. Guys I hope you are ready because f Manny can keep tightening the "belt" defensively on our last few opponents, we could be in for a very special season.....even dare I ay better than last year.

Also I've been watching our young kids as well. This injury to Market (as I have stated before) could be a very good thing for that position. But one guy I've really been watching is Calvin. I was curious as to why DT was paying him. Now I see, his hands are EXCELLENT and his punch from the outside technique is nice too. They (these techniques) freed him up (once on the bone head late hit on the QB) but he got pressures from outside too. I'd advise you guys to keep an eye out for this kid.

Also our OL looked really good tonight too. We are using both Jenkins and Warren at LT and I think they (right now) are dead even.

Very good insight 57! Also our defensive front is getting better and better. The 2 Brown boys really know how to disguise there cover, a few times they show a certain look and rotate quickly into a zone coverage knocking down or interrupting the passing lanes!

Dak is just plain sick with his patience, has poise and confidence that no QB I've seen at Msu do before.

basedog
10-25-2015, 08:56 AM
Very nice summary coach but I would like to ask if you think it`s possible Dak was dinged up (possibly in fall camp) and just now getting his legs back under him. Unless my eyes have been really deceiving me he moving a lot better than he was a month ago.

I was told way back he was.

BulldogBear
10-25-2015, 09:11 AM

I thought the same thing. It was on one of his shorter runs last night, but he was so quick that I really thought we had subbed in someone else for a direct snap and I just hadn't been paying attention to who was back there. So, this is an interesting question to ponder. He was quicker. His cuts were crisp on the longer runs and the short TD run. It was beatiful. I'm not sure he was even touched on any of his three TD runs.

BrunswickDawg
10-25-2015, 09:25 AM
I was told way back he was.
We don't talk about injuries.***

basedog
10-25-2015, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=BrunswickDawg;436634]We don't talk about injuries.***[/Q

LOL, yep but rumors are welcomed.

BulldogBacker
10-25-2015, 11:19 AM

I had heard a "rumor," that Dak and his girlfriend were involved in an automobile accident this summer and Dak cracked a couple of ribs. Dak's girlfriend was driving. He had been protecting his ribs by avoiding contact. Remember, this is just a rumor so treat it as such.