PDA

View Full Version : Checkdown Charlie with 465 yards...

HoopsDawg
10-24-2015, 10:30 PM
6 TD's. Coach34 wants Fitzgerald and I seen It wants a new coach. Pfft. High Comedy.

klong-dog
10-24-2015, 10:34 PM
Easily the best QB in the SEC and top 5 in the country. I wouldn't change him out for anybody.

HoopsDawg
10-24-2015, 10:37 PM
Easily the best QB in the SEC and top 5 in the country. I wouldn't change him out for anybody.

He needs to work on his deep ball, but there's a whole lot of Russell Wilson in Dak. Someone might be getting a steal in the the 3rd round.

msstate7
10-24-2015, 10:39 PM
10 different receivers caught balls tonight. Dak is freaking great, but our receiving crew is pretty good in their own right

Coach007
10-24-2015, 10:43 PM
6 TD's. Coach34 wants Fitzgerald and I seen It wants a new coach. Pfft. High Comedy.

I have never seen anybody, including c34, call for dak to be replaced.

Statefan
10-24-2015, 10:45 PM
Checkdown Charlie sucks and is going to get all our receivers killed one by one****
Also Mullen sucks and is going to play Shumpert no matter what -- he wants us to lose on purpose****
Mullen also sucks for putting Holloway on the field during an SEC game****
Diaz should have been fired by now****
Mullen and Dak hate Donald Gray and won't throw to him on purpose****

I wonder if I missed anything. I would expect Ole Miss fans to come up with dumbass, nonsensical nicknames for the best College QB in the history of this state but not our own fans

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 10:47 PM
Checkdown Charlie sucks and is going to get all our receivers killed one by one****
Also Mullen sucks and is going to play Shumpert no matter what -- he wants us to lose on purpose****
Mullen also sucks for putting Holloway on the field during an SEC game****
Diaz should have been fired by now****
Mullen and Dak hate Donald Gray and won't throw to him on purpose****

I wonder if I missed anything. I would expect Ole Miss fans to come up with dumbass, nonsensical nicknames for the best College QB in the history of this state but not our own fans

1 fan

Coach007
10-24-2015, 10:49 PM
Speaking of checking... I'm checking out of this stupid thread. We won.. Enjoy it instead of trying to bring other state fans down.

Coach34
10-24-2015, 10:52 PM

blah blah blah bullshit. Ive never said Prescott should be replaced. And they listened to me- we pushed the ball down the field tonight- and got better results and a better running game. You're welcome

KB21
10-24-2015, 10:53 PM
10 different receivers caught balls tonight. Dak is freaking great, but our receiving crew is pretty good in their own right

The receiving corps has at least two NFL receivers right now in Wilson and Ross. I'll tell you what as well. Darrion Hutcherson may not be getting much rub here, but he will get looked at by an NFL team. You can't teach his size, so he will get a shot.

HoopsDawg
10-24-2015, 10:56 PM
blah blah blah bullshit. Ive never said Prescott should be replaced. And they listened to me- we pushed the ball down the field tonight- and got better results and a better running game. You're welcome

All thanks to you.***************

Dawg61
10-24-2015, 10:57 PM
Link to the thread were Checkdown Charlie started please

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 10:58 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. I knew you would come back tonight and say they listened to you. Hahaha

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 10:58 PM

It was in C34's Sunday morning QB post last Sunday.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 11:02 PM

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?35976-Sunday-Morning-QB-I-m-Still-Not-Happy-Edition&highlight=Sunday

Coach34
10-24-2015, 11:02 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. I knew you would come back tonight and say they listened to you. Hahaha

Well- when they do the EXACT thing I call for- thats what happens

Statefan
10-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Well- when they do the EXACT thing I call for- thats what happens

Coach do you think we actually made some progressive changes for the future or does Kentucky just suck

Coach34
10-24-2015, 11:07 PM
Coach do you think we actually made some progressive changes for the future or does Kentucky just suck

I think we played very well and took it to them. Florida struggled to beat this team by 5 points. We are improving

yakalot
10-24-2015, 11:08 PM
It's CD34, not C34.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 11:09 PM

Not coach but it looks to me like we are clearly getting better. Dak is playing lights out. Manny makes adjustments like we haven't seen in a long time. Our depth is getting "upper SEC LIKE" due to all the freshmen and others we are rotating in and out. We are starting to establish a little bit of a run game due to using Williams instead of Shump and maybe the o line is run blocking a little better.

Schultzy
10-24-2015, 11:16 PM
Say what you want but we did throw it deep early and it affected their pass defense. I'll be a c34 homer on this one.

Coach34
10-24-2015, 11:19 PM
Say what you want but we did throw it deep early and it affected their pass defense. I'll be a c34 homer on this one.

yep- we did 100% what I asked us to do- and byyyyyy God- it worked. Cause we havent done that allllll year.

Todd4State
10-24-2015, 11:28 PM
I love it when Megan's quilting bee tries to call out the fans who were being critical after Dan actually takes the critics suggestions and it makes us better.

It's not that I want to see Dan fired- I just want to see Dan CHANGE- which to his credit I think we may have seen tonight.

We throw the ball deep, run Dak more and play the freshmen running backs MUCH more and then all of a sudden the o-line magically comes together.

I think the bottom line with our team is we aren't what Dan would like to have in his IDEAL world- one feature back, all juniors and seniors, bend but don't break defense the whole game- BUT we are still a very talented and very good team. He just has to make some adjustments to his ideal to make us reach our full potential.

Todd4State
10-24-2015, 11:32 PM

ABSOLUTELY. And I will trade that one interception for 42 points a game as opposed to no INT's and 17 points.

It's common sense- you throw deep other teams HAVE to respect that. Because even if Derrick Taite is your QB there is still a random chance that you are going to hit a few deep passes- and usually when teams hit deep passes, they get points in some form or fashion.

It's more difficult to throw short and run the ball against nine in the box.

Todd4State
10-24-2015, 11:34 PM

That's part of being balanced. Throwing to WR's, slot WR's, TE's, and backs. And then by spreading the ball around is makes someone like Bear Wilson even more dangerous because teams can't key in on him. And even sometimes when people do key in on him he still makes the play because he is a beast.

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2015, 12:53 AM

You have been mocking him for weeks with that Checkdown Charlie crap. You were shown just how stupid that was tonight. Man up and admit it.

JohnnyQuid
10-25-2015, 01:30 AM
You have been mocking him for weeks with that Checkdown Charlie crap. You were shown just how stupid that was tonight. Man up and admit it.

can say what he wants his nickname of dak is meant to be derogatory. so.. have to agree with this post and others in this vein

FanninDawg
10-25-2015, 06:35 AM
Yeah, thanks c34

TrapGame
10-25-2015, 07:06 AM
Not coach but it looks to me like we are clearly getting better. Dak is playing lights out. Manny makes adjustments like we haven't seen in a long time. Our depth is getting "upper SEC LIKE" due to all the freshmen and others we are rotating in and out. We are starting to establish a little bit of a run game due to using Williams instead of Shump and maybe the o line is run blocking a little better.

Absolutely we're better. From USM to UK this team has made adjustments and allowed young players to develop. This is all coming together for a very special November.

Johnson85
10-25-2015, 07:53 AM

He should man up and admit that dak stopped doing what he was being critical of, and had his best game of the season?

you think somebody that cultivates an Internet persona is the type of person that needs to be invited to toot his own horn?

Coach34
10-25-2015, 09:46 AM

Wtf? No- you were shown that when we do exactly as I talked about- the offense gets better

DancingRabbit
10-25-2015, 10:23 AM
Throwing deep may have helped some but I think it was Dak's running that made the offense run a lot smoother last night. As it was, Dak's passing numbers were very similar to last week; 348 yds vs 347 yds and 3 TDs in both games. And the longest pass play last night was a dump off to Holloway in the flat.

The freshmen RBs were a little disappointing. I was hoping one of them would step up more than they did. I guess we'll continue to go the committee route and maybe something good develops over the last 4 games. As a whole they did just as well as Shump's done. I'm concerned the next 4 opponents are going to key on Dak's running a lot more than Kentucky did.

If our upcoming opponents can stifle the run game then the short passing game will continue to be our bread and butter. Dak's reading the pass coverages better than ever and our receivers are helping out when his throws aren't right on the money. I do agree that a couple of early deep throws can soften up the coverage. Maybe rolling Dak out can give him a little more time to let those routes develop.

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2015, 11:28 AM
Wtf? No- you were shown that when we do exactly as I talked about- the offense gets better

You have been mocking him for weeks. He didn't deserve that. Did you happen to notice why he did what "you" had been talking about last night?

PMDawg
10-25-2015, 11:39 AM

The funniest thing is that you probably really believe that.

smootness
10-25-2015, 01:31 PM
can say what he wants his nickname of dak is meant to be derogatory. so.. have to agree with this post and others in this vein

Coming up with a stupid derogatory nickname for the best player in the history of our program is the single dumbest thing I've ever seen our fan base do.

You can have criticisms, and they can even be legitimate. But calling Dak 'Checkdown Charlie' is so ridiculously stupid.

CottonDog
10-25-2015, 01:36 PM

Didn't you also say that we were gonna really struggle last night? I seem to recall a post that looked Yancyish trying to calm the flock before a bad loss...

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 01:47 PM
We won. We looked good. Why is everyone on their period?

defiantdog
10-25-2015, 01:50 PM
Coming up with a stupid derogatory nickname for the best player in the history of our program is the single dumbest thing I've ever seen our fan base do.

You can have criticisms, and they can even be legitimate. But calling Dak 'Checkdown Charlie' is so ridiculously stupid.

I completely agree..... without Dak, we'd be in trouble. Fitz and Staley are great athletes, but they aren't Dak. Not yet at least. Making fun of the best player in MSU history, the only one to lead us to a number 1 ranking is ridiculous. I made a comment about it before, but I just ignore any posts that give Dak that name.

PassInterference
10-25-2015, 01:56 PM
I think Staley and Fitz are a lot better than Dak was when Dak was a RFr.

smootness
10-25-2015, 01:59 PM

This is debatable and doesn't really have much to do with the discussion. I think a case can be made for this, though, but it's far from certain. Dak looked really stinking good as a redshirt freshman.

HoopsDawg
10-25-2015, 02:02 PM
This is debatable and doesn't really have much to do with the discussion. I think a case can be made for this, though, but it's far from certain. Dak looked really stinking good as a redshirt freshman.

Yes, Dak did look good as a redshirt freshman. Threw TD passes against Bama and LSU. Also Dak got meaningful snaps, not mop up duty. Also, there is more talent at WR now than what Dak had as a redshirt freshman. He's the best QB in school history and it pisses me off when someone tries to discredit him in any way.

defiantdog
10-25-2015, 02:15 PM

What?! Dak actually had meaningful snaps against real teams when he was a redshirt. Fitz is good, but he's had reps against Northwestern State and Troy. Dak also had receivers that were barely tall enough to ride a roller coaster, while Fitz and Staley have future NFL players out there. Dak was used as a running back that could throw the ball his redshirt year. But he had meaningful snaps that were crucial to the game. Fitz and Staley have the potential to be really good, but they haven't served the same importance Dak did as a freshmen. Therefore, you cannot say they are A LOT BETTER than Dak.

smootness
10-25-2015, 02:25 PM
Dak looked really promising as a freshman and continued to develop, and he is now a ridiculous beast.

Fitz and Staley both look really promising as freshmen, and if they continue to develop, they both have the chance to be awesome.

I think everyone can basically agree on these things. We are in a really, really good place at QB for the first time ever, and I just want to sit back and enjoy it.

MSUDawg4Life
10-25-2015, 02:27 PM
What?! Dak actually had meaningful snaps against real teams when he was a redshirt. Fitz is good, but he's had reps against Northwestern State and Troy. Dak also had receivers that were barely tall enough to ride a roller coaster, while Fitz and Staley have future NFL players out there. Dak was used as a running back that could throw the ball his redshirt year. But he had meaningful snaps that were crucial to the game. Fitz and Staley have the potential to be really good, but they haven't served the same importance Dak did as a freshmen. Therefore, you cannot say they are A LOT BETTER than Dak.

Dak has even said they are better than he was as a redshirt freshman.

basedog
10-25-2015, 02:34 PM
Yes, Dak did look good as a redshirt freshman. Threw TD passes against Bama and LSU. Also Dak got meaningful snaps, not mop up duty. Also, there is more talent at WR now than what Dak had as a redshirt freshman. He's the best QB in school history and it pisses me off when someone tries to discredit him in any way.

I'm with you 100% about Dak, pisses me off as well to discredit him, probably most loved and respected football player in our lifetime time. What should be said is he's a winner who represents Msu as well as one ever has.

stalkingpoon
10-25-2015, 02:49 PM

The sad thing about it is that you truly believe they listened to you hahaha

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 02:50 PM
I think you guys have worked yourselves up over nothing.

RougeDawg
10-25-2015, 04:14 PM

It's that time of the month for most in here.

As far as the nickname I believe it has more to do with Dans playcalling and personnel decisions earlier on the season. I never took it as a dig at Dak, but a dig on our shitty play calling and holding back the reins of Dak until last night.

I seen it dawg
10-25-2015, 04:22 PM

No shit. Bunch of bitches bitching over nothing.

RougeDawg
10-25-2015, 04:39 PM

We won so they had to find something to bitch about. Anyone bitching after last nights demolition of KY, will bitch no matter what.

Coach34
10-25-2015, 04:40 PM
The sad thing about it is that you truly believe they listened to you hahaha

Do I think Mullen read Elitedawgs and said "oh shit- he's right"- of course not

Do I think Mullen watched Checkdown Charlie on film and the Safeties playing hard- and said "We need to push the ball down the field"? Absolutely

QuadrupleOption
10-25-2015, 04:42 PM
It's funny to me that when our offense isn't performing PERFECTLY we have people screaming about how Dak is ****ing everything up.

He goes off for 6 TDs and suddenly his supporters are "on the rag" or whatever.

**** y'all.

He's the best. damn. quarterback. we've EVER HAD at MSU. Period. End of discussion. A mediocre game from Prescott would have gotten him blow jobs aplenty in the 90's or during the Croom era. Just because some of you idiots can't appreciate where we are now doesn't mean I have to shut up when he makes you look stupid.

HoopsDawg
Do I think Mullen read Elitedawgs and said "oh shit- he's right"- of course not

Do I think Mullen watched Checkdown Charlie on film and the Safeties playing hard- and said "We need to push the ball down the field"? Absolutely

We took 2 shots down the field and one was picked off. The difference last night was UK playing a 3 man front and Dak got the run game going.

HoopsDawg
It's funny to me that when our offense isn't performing PERFECTLY we have people screaming about how Dak is ****ing everything up.

**** y'all.

He's the best. damn. quarterback. we've EVER HAD at MSU. Period. End of discussion. A mediocre game from Prescott would have gotten him blow jobs aplenty in the 90's or during the Croom era. Just because some of you idiots can't appreciate where we are now doesn't mean I have to shut up when he makes you look stupid.

On...the....money.

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 04:44 PM

**** y'all.

What I said has nothing to do with Dak and everything to do with you continuing to look for a fight. But by all means, carry on.

Coach34
10-25-2015, 04:45 PM
We took 2 shots down the field and one was picked off. The difference last night was UK playing a 3 man front and Dak got the run game going.

Wrong

We had more than 5 throws of 20+

Coach34
10-25-2015, 04:46 PM

**** y'all.

Who said Dak was ****ing everything up- I'll ban them right now

defiantdog
10-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Dak has even said they are better than he was as a redshirt freshman.

He was being humble

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 04:48 PM
Who said Dak was ****ing everything up- I'll ban them right now
They're making sh*t up to keep the fight going.

QuadrupleOption
10-25-2015, 05:11 PM
They're making sh*t up to keep the fight going.

Ok fine. I was being hyperbolic. But still, please don't insult my intelligence and claim now that no one was singling out Dak the past few weeks for perceived shortcomings.

Claims were being made and nicknames were being applied, and now those folks are rightfully taking some shit for it. That's all it is.

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Ok fine. I was being hyperbolic. But still, please don't insult my intelligence and claim now that no one was singling out Dak the past few weeks for perceived shortcomings.

Claims were being made and nicknames were being applied, and now those folks are rightfully taking some shit for it. That's all it is.
I saw people calling out Dan and the coaching staff. I never saw anybody calling out Dak and the only nick name has come from C34 who is now going to continue to use it because he knows it gets under your skin.

RougeDawg
10-25-2015, 05:17 PM

I'm fairly certain that most on here have been critical of Mullen's play calling and personnel decisions, all of which were hampering the play of Dak. For whatever reason, Dan wasn't allowing Dak to be Dak.

Coach34
10-25-2015, 05:21 PM
I saw people calling out Dan and the coaching staff. I never saw anybody calling out Dak and the only nick name has come from C34 who is now going to continue to use it because he knows it gets under your skin.

He WAS being Checkdown Charlie- last night he wasnt. And we saw the difference

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 05:25 PM

I got no issue. I think you meant this to be for QuadrupleOption

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2015, 05:36 PM

He was still doing his progressions last night same as all year. That you think he wasn't is interesting. Leave off the derogatory name please. Dak doesn't deserve that.

JohnnyQuid
10-25-2015, 06:31 PM

**** y'all.

^

War Machine Dawg
10-25-2015, 11:22 PM

http://i.imgur.com/xHFRtju.gif

Dawg61
10-26-2015, 12:02 AM
He was still doing his progressions last night same as all year. That you think he wasn't is interesting. Leave off the derogatory name please. Dak doesn't deserve that.

Honestly I don't think it's a derogatory name. I kinda like it actually and C34 wasn't nearly the only person asking for Dak to throw deep over the middle. I asked for that plenty. Our offense had become limited to a twenty yard area to cover. Never stretching the D beyond that. Dak needs to shoulder some of the blame for that and the rest needs to be Mullen for not recognizing he wasn't attacking the defense vertically to create room. Bama is very good at stretching a defense vertically. Excellent at it. Been doing it since Saban showed up. It's really something we have no excuse not to learn from. You must be a threat past 20 yards down the field.

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 12:58 AM
Babe Ruth was the best baseball player ever. He had some games where he struck out three times or more in his career. Joe Montana got pulled for Steve Young a few times in his career. Jordan had a few games where he scored less than 10 points.

Just because you are the best ever at something doesn't mean you are above criticism or everything you do is golden.

The fact of the matter is Dak needed to throw it deep more and needed to run it more. That doesn't mean he sucks in the big picture when you look at his career.

The only way the people trying to call Coach out would have a point would have been for Dak to continue to check it down and not run and we still score 42. That's what funny about this. Dak/Dan did what Coach and others on this board- INCLUDING Coach57- suggested we should do and lo and behold it works out better but then people want to call Coach34 out? LOL.

smootness
10-26-2015, 01:20 AM
Babe Ruth was the best baseball player ever. He had some games where he struck out three times or more in his career. Joe Montana got pulled for Steve Young a few times in his career. Jordan had a few games where he scored less than 10 points.

Just because you are the best ever at something doesn't mean you are above criticism or everything you do is golden.

The fact of the matter is Dak needed to throw it deep more and needed to run it more. That doesn't mean he sucks in the big picture when you look at his career.

The only way the people trying to call Coach out would have a point would have been for Dak to continue to check it down and not run and we still score 42. That's what funny about this. Dak/Dan did what Coach and others on this board- INCLUDING Coach57- suggested we should do and lo and behold it works out better but then people want to call Coach34 out? LOL.

You're completely missing the issue.

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 02:02 AM

Sure looks like a bunch of people trying to call Coach34 out to me. Then what is the issue?

Dawgs87
10-26-2015, 02:44 AM

I apologize for this being my first post, but i've idly sat by watching this MB all season. That being said, I feel like you're missing the issue. It is very clear that we CANNOT score points when we are not stretching the field vertically and Dak is not RTGDF. For reference, I submit our last 6 SEC games, sans Vandy. The most points we've scored in those 6 games: 20 vs Bama last year. But I'm sure you're right. Coach (both of them) is missing the point. I saw multiple runs in the Kentucky game that Dak would deliberately not have taken in the past 7 games. I have actually gone through the trouble of screenshotting a number of plays throughout the season in which Dak could have run (and didn't) that would have resulted in big gains ( second by second as the play develops). The result, usually a 1 yard gain or a negative play. Now, whether that is because of bad decision making, or another reason is not for me to say.

Barking 13
10-26-2015, 08:24 AM
I apologize for this being my first post, but i've idly sat by watching this MB all season. That being said, I feel like you're missing the issue. It is very clear that we CANNOT score points when we are not stretching the field vertically and Dak is not RTGDF. For reference, I submit our last 6 SEC games, sans Vandy. The most points we've scored in those 6 games: 20 vs Bama last year. But I'm sure you're right. Coach (both of them) is missing the point. I saw multiple runs in the Kentucky game that Dak would deliberately not have taken in the past 7 games. I have actually gone through the trouble of screenshotting a number of plays throughout the season in which Dak could have run (and didn't) that would have resulted in big gains ( second by second as the play develops). The result, usually a 1 yard gain or a negative play. Now, whether that is because of bad decision making, or another reason is not for me to say.

All part of player development....Dak learning how to go thru progressions in a game setting. We all know he can run. Just like getting the younger guys in. And I haven't seen a single person say anything about the 1A - 1B thing this year on D. It's the same thing, but looks a little different.. Go back and watch. Especially on 3rd downs.

FISHDAWG
10-26-2015, 09:05 AM
yep- we did 100% what I asked us to do- and byyyyyy God- it worked. Cause we havent done that allllll year.

ok - what do we have to do to beat bama ?

FISHDAWG
10-26-2015, 09:16 AM

bottom line is it was condescending and degrading to one of the best to play here .... the moniker was total BS and that is what is being discussed ...if Mullen had enough foresight to prevent our rushing woes this would have never even come up ... funny how he wasn't "check-down Charlie" when we had a decent rushing threat

Political Hack
10-26-2015, 09:17 AM
ok - what do we have to do to beat bama ?

Pray.

Coach34
10-26-2015, 09:27 AM
bottom line is it was condescending and degrading to one of the best to play here ....

It's really not- you guys are being bloody vag's about it. Checkdown doesnt mean you are a bad QB- it means you arent pushing the ball down the field and taking the safe throws. Just like people arguing about the ball being underthrown Saturday- it's ok that Prescott isnt perfect. He is still awesome.

MSUDawg4Life
10-26-2015, 09:50 AM
It's really not- you guys are being bloody vag's about it. Checkdown doesnt mean you are a bad QB- it means you arent pushing the ball down the field and taking the safe throws. Just like people arguing about the ball being underthrown Saturday- it's ok that Prescott isnt perfect. He is still awesome.

It really is.

It's rude and disrespectful for somebody like you to try to demean our QB.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2015, 10:34 AM
We threw downfield Saturday because we could. We hadn't been in earlier games as much because we couldn't. The difference was blocking. The name 34 was using in the context he was using it, despite what he is saying now, can only be interpreted as mocking. Dak doesn't deserve that at all.

basedog
10-26-2015, 10:50 AM

If you are referring to me about under thrown ball, yes I did say I was wrong about over throw, but the DB made a great play. So I man up on my mistake of over throw!

As for as Dak, Check Down Charlie isn't cool.

smootness
10-26-2015, 11:06 AM
Sure looks like a bunch of people trying to call Coach34 out to me. Then what is the issue?

My issue has 0 to do with any criticism of us not throwing the ball downfield and everything to do with the name he insists on using.

And yes, it is meant to demean him. A QB checking down may not be a bad thing in general, but it is absolutely being used as a criticism here, and the name itself is intended to mock him for doing it.

I seen it dawg
10-26-2015, 12:42 PM
It really is.

It's rude and disrespectful for somebody like you to try to demean our QB.

How is it demeaning?

I seen it dawg
10-26-2015, 12:47 PM
Some of you guys with panties in a wad over this shit are being ****ing pussies. He didn't push the ball and continually checked the ball down. Arguably too much. He ain't perfect but he will forever go down as one of the best athletes ever to wear the maroon and white. Probably won't find another with his total package of what he brings to our university. But **** everybody was bitching on here about what was wrong with him early in the season and now everybody has forgotten a bout that. It's not criticism but observations. He ain't perfect but there isn't a QB in the country I or any other Bulldog would trade him for.

You queers that are so mad about this are you mad about the check down Charlie or are you really mad because C34 has gotten under your skin again...lets be real.

Coach34
10-26-2015, 01:10 PM
How is it demeaning?

i'd like this explained as well

Coach34
10-26-2015, 01:11 PM
My issue has 0 to do with any criticism of us not throwing the ball downfield and everything to do with the name he insists on using.

And yes, it is meant to demean him. A QB checking down may not be a bad thing in general, but it is absolutely being used as a criticism here, and the name itself is intended to mock him for doing it.

The nickname was used to describe his play and actions- not to demean him. Wow.

MadDawg
10-26-2015, 01:15 PM
The nickname was used to describe his play and actions- not to demean him. Wow.

Kind of like "Big Softie"... right?

mstatefan91
10-26-2015, 01:18 PM
Kind of like "Big Softie"... right?

How you even think those two nicknames are comparable....WTF

Big4Dawg
10-26-2015, 01:19 PM
Captain Bubble-screen is a better examplle

MadDawg
10-26-2015, 01:21 PM
How you even think those two nicknames are comparable....WTF

Both describe their play and actions...... didn't you see the explanation? wtf?

mstatefan91
10-26-2015, 01:28 PM
Captain Bubble-screen is a better examplle
This. If you were going to go that route with your continued argument. This was the correct example.

See above.

MadDawg
10-26-2015, 01:40 PM
This. If you were going to go that route with your continued argument. This was the correct example.

See above.

I can live with that. Captain Bubble Screen is a great example. One that I'm sure you can convince us was not meant to be a slight in reference to Bo Wallace.

Look, I really don't care what you guys want to nickname Dak. But don't pretend like your nickname based off his "play and actions" that are the same "play and actions" you have been extremely critical of is not intended to be a slight. Man up and own it.

mstatefan91
10-26-2015, 01:42 PM
I can live with that. Captain Bubble Screen is a great example. One that I'm sure you can convince us was not meant to be a slight in reference to Bo Wallace.

Look, I really don't care what you guys want to nickname Dak. But don't pretend like your nickname based off his "play and actions" that are the same "play and actions" you have been extremely critical of is not intended to be a slight. Man up and own it.

I have never used the nickname that C34 came up with, so I will own nothing. But nice shot

Edit: I have only contended that all of you are overreacting

basedog
10-26-2015, 01:45 PM
34 eats his own! Big difference. You so call moderators should come to 34's rescue, but you guys calling pussies, stupid, pants in wad seem to have the same problem. There is a lot sensitive folks, no one including 34 likes to be called out, some are just more opinionated and that's when the name calling comes out. Hey, I understand it's a message board, jmo, now you can blast away.

sandwolf
10-26-2015, 02:47 PM
Dear god, when did so many whiny little girls sign up for this message board? I would compare C34 calling Dak 'Checkdown Charlie' to someone being called 'Negative Nellie' or something like that.....it's just some stupid little moniker he is using to communicate the fact that he thinks Dak is checking down too much. C34 has been borderline obnoxious with his praise of 'Dakota' over the past 2 years, so I think it is safe to assume that he recognizes how great Dak has been......and he may be critiquing some aspects of Dak's play this season, but he damn sure isn't demeaning or disrespecting him. Some of yall are truly being ridiculous.

TimberBeast
10-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Do any of you that have these problems with Dak being called Checkdown Charlie have the same issue or take offense at c34 calling one of the best basketball coaches in the history of MSU Stands? He does it for the same reason. I find that much more demeaning for a great representative of our university than Dak being called checkdown charlie.

Coach34
10-26-2015, 03:22 PM

You are being ridiculous

HoopsDawg
10-26-2015, 04:24 PM
You are being ridiculous

Pretty simple. Just refer to him as Dak. Or continue calling him Dakota if you must.

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 04:40 PM

Like it or not, the criticism fit Dak at the time a few weeks ago. And it was hurting us.

That doesn't mean that Dak is bad in terms of career or ability. It just means he had a bad week or two.

Just because Dak is the best QB for us ever- it doesn't mean he is above criticism. Just like Cohen leading us to the NC round doesn't make him above criticism either.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2015, 05:44 PM
You are being ridiculous

No he isn't. It's the EXACT same thing. You were mocking Dak. Please lay off the nickname. It's offensive.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Like it or not, the criticism fit Dak at the time a few weeks ago. And it was hurting us.

That doesn't mean that Dak is bad in terms of career or ability. It just means he had a bad week or two.

Just because Dak is the best QB for us ever- it doesn't mean he is above criticism. Just like Cohen leading us to the NC round doesn't make him above criticism either.

You can be critical without mocking someone. Dak does NOT deserve to be mocked.

mstatefan91
10-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Can we lock this pointless thread already?

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Do any of you that have these problems with Dak being called Checkdown Charlie have the same issue or take offense at c34 calling one of the best basketball coaches in the history of MSU Stands? He does it for the same reason. I find that much more demeaning for a great representative of our university than Dak being called checkdown charlie.

Yes. It's the exact same thing.

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 05:56 PM
You can be critical without mocking someone. Dak does NOT deserve to be mocked.

If he plays like he did the first half of the season, yes he does.

"Checkdown Charlie" is hardly malicious.

Of course to you the problem is the always the o-line that is statistically near the top of the SEC.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2015, 05:58 PM
If he plays like he did the first half of the season, yes he does.

"Checkdown Charlie" is hardly malicious.

Of course to you the problem is the always the o-line that is statistically near the top of the SEC.

Unreal. You actually said Dak deserved to be mocked. WOW.

Coach34
10-26-2015, 06:00 PM
No he isn't. It's the EXACT same thing. You were mocking Dak. Please lay off the nickname. It's offensive.

its not offensive- stop being such a *****

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 06:00 PM
Can we lock this pointless thread already?

It's pretty scary. It shows me why Genespage has been around so long despite the lack of overall sports knowledge over there.

Apparently if you achieve "hero" status at MSU you are above criticism and can do no wrong.

I think that's part of the reason why our team started off too slow this year. Too many people patting them on the back for getting to number one even though they didn't finish the job. If we come out with the right focus and energy from being pissed off about last year, we're probably undefeated right now.