PDA

View Full Version : break out

Coach007
10-24-2015, 10:25 PM
As I said.

Ol has been Improving from week to week. Now we are moving the backs around.... The yards by those backs helped Dak.

I expect us to improve over the next 2 weeks to the point that Bama will get a beat down and ole miss will fold in the first half.

msstate7
10-24-2015, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't go that far, but we're setting up a huge game vs bama if we take care of business vs mizzou

Coach007
10-24-2015, 10:44 PM
We will.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-24-2015, 10:47 PM
We will.

Smoke less weed.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 10:51 PM
Smoke less weed.

You don't think we'll beat Missouri???

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-24-2015, 10:52 PM
You don't think we'll beat Missouri???

We will beat the brakes off of Misery.

Coach 57
10-24-2015, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure why people have such a hard time thinking we won't or can't beat Bama. They are susceptible to the pass. And I think we saw a changing of the "guard" so to speak. And I don't smoke "weed" or drink alcohol either, I just know what I see.

msstate7
10-24-2015, 11:16 PM
I'm not sure why people have such a hard time thinking we won't or can't beat Bama. They are susceptible to the pass. And I think we saw a changing of the "guard" so to speak. And I don't smoke "weed" or drink alcohol either, I just know what I see.

I think it was more the "beat down" of bama and making om "fold in the first half"

Homedawg
10-24-2015, 11:22 PM
As I said.

Ol has been Improving from week to week. Now we are moving the backs around.... The yards by those backs helped Dak.

I expect us to improve over the next 2 weeks to the point that Bama will get a beat down and ole miss will fold in the first half.

It was a good win. But yards by those backs? You mean the 8-27 from Aries and 5-7 from d lee? Fact is- we struggle running w our backs. It's not changing. It didn't change tonight either. Hell the guy everyone on here wants on the bench was a difference maker....dak running makes us tough to defend, but man he has improved his accuracy so much it's fun to watch.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
10-24-2015, 11:24 PM
nm

BulldogBear
10-25-2015, 01:23 AM

We had better get after Coker too. He's a mess under pressure.

Coach007
10-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Bama is not a great pass defensive team. Pretty sure we will beat them by 2 TDs.

TUSK
10-25-2015, 09:16 PM
actually, Bammer's pass D is really good this year.... and light years ahead of the last couple seasons...

now, they will give up the occasional big play which reminds us all of the '13/14 versions...

MSUDawg4Life
10-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Let's beat Missouri first ....

Coach007
10-25-2015, 10:35 PM
actually, Bammer's pass D is really good this year.... and light years ahead of the last couple seasons...

now, they will give up the occasional big play which reminds us all of the '13/14 versions...

Nah. You will see. Its who you have played.

TUSK
10-26-2015, 03:57 AM
Nah. You will see. Its who you have played.

You might wanna check this out sometime: http://www.cfbstats.com/

Coach007
10-26-2015, 07:19 AM
You might wanna check this out sometime: http://www.cfbstats.com/

I'm aware of your stats. Did our stats help us beat bama when we entered t town 7-0 under Tyler russell? We both know it did not. Why? It the same as the reason I'm giving for this.... it's who you have played.

Kelly managed 341 on you. We are leaps ahead of that team.

Really Clark?
10-26-2015, 07:31 AM
I'm aware of your stats. Did our stats help us beat bama when we entered t town 7-0 under Tyler russell? We both know it did not. Why? It the same as the reason I'm giving for this.... it's who you have played.

Kelly managed 341 on you. We are leaps ahead of that team.

You are going to use Kelly's yardage numbers to make your point? Take away the fluke off the helmet and OL down field plays and that yardage looks much different.

Jack Lambert
10-26-2015, 07:39 AM
s

Bama hasn't really looked good all season. Since Sabans first year this Bama team looks most beatable. That three week away and a lot can happen. Plus we are getting Bama after they play LSU and we have that Saturday off after playing a weak Mizzu team on Thursday.

Coach007
10-26-2015, 08:25 AM
You are going to use Kelly's yardage numbers to make your point? Take away the fluke off the helmet and OL down field plays and that yardage looks much different.

I'm going to use what they did coupled with open guys ... yes. I am going to go with the games where qbs are able to get it or see the open guys. Yep. I like what I see.

Dental Dawg33
10-26-2015, 08:41 AM
Dak rushed for more TDs against Kentucky than Mizzu has rushed for on the season. Guess anything can happen, but I don't reallllllly think we are going to have to worry too much about Mizzu...just get through healthy, then worry about Bama

MSUDawg4Life
10-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Dak rushed for more TDs against Kentucky than Mizzu has rushed for on the season. Guess anything can happen, but I don't reallllllly think we are going to have to worry too much about Mizzu...just get through healthy, then worry about Bama

Don't underestimate Pinkel. He hasn't been a coach for as long as he has for nothing. With they extra time to prepare, I expect Mizzou to be a handful. I think we'll still win, but it won't be easy.

Really Clark?
10-26-2015, 10:12 AM
I'm going to use what they did coupled with open guys ... yes. I am going to go with the games where qbs are able to get it or see the open guys. Yep. I like what I see.

Ok. Well the last 4 conference games they are avg giving up 185 yards per game and 47.6% completion rate. Like Tusk was saying they have gotten better and the stats show that as well. The key is if Dak has enough time then we can hit some plays throwing the ball because we are good at it. But they are better at pass than have been the last few years and are improving.

Coach007
10-26-2015, 12:56 PM
Ok. Well the last 4 conference games they are avg giving up 185 yards per game and 47.6% completion rate. Like Tusk was saying they have gotten better and the stats show that as well. The key is if Dak has enough time then we can hit some plays throwing the ball because we are good at it. But they are better at pass than have been the last few years and are improving.

And I say again... it's who they have played. Ol? miss is by far the best passing attack they have seen and ms st is far better.

In fact, ol? miss had an above their average game against them. Ol? miss is the only top 25 passing offense they have faced. Ms st will be the second and I don't know that anybody would say that we have not improved as the year.

In fact Tamu has a better pass defense. If we are going statin' then you might want to look at what ol? did on the road vs bama and at home vs tamu.

I'm not a total stats guy either. Simply put stats are not always right. It is obvious, ms st is a better team right now then at the beginning of the season. Let's line up vs usm again. Let's play lsu again. Outcomes would be different.

I 100% see bama getting beat by Ms St. I don't see it being hard to do either.

Really Clark?
10-26-2015, 01:45 PM
You are still putting too much stock in the UNM with a bunch of trash yards. It counts in the stats but we know a 70 yard bounce off the helmet is not what that secondary is. Just that one play and they hold UNM to 30 or so yards below their avg. They have also created 8 INT the last 4 games and dropped 3 more last week. If Dak has normal time we will put up yards on them throwing but that secondary is better than at the start of the season and is about to be really good if they keep progressing. Saban is going to his bread and butter Cover 1 a lot more in recent weeks. That means he is getting a lot more confidence with his deep safety and corners. That's the coverage and how he wants the defense run the bulk of the time. His best defenses have been run through this scheme. We may get yards because this is our offense this year but we need points and a few deep conversions. Or it will look at lot like last years game.

Coach007
10-26-2015, 02:57 PM
No I'm not. I'm going by what I see on the field. Not stats. Tusk and you decided to bring stats into the topic.

NCDawg
10-26-2015, 03:13 PM
Let's beat Missouri first ....

Exactly. After our miserable performance against Ole Miss last year, I don't take anything for granted.

jumbo
10-26-2015, 03:18 PM
Don't underestimate Pinkel. He hasn't been a coach for as long as he has for nothing. With they extra time to prepare, I expect Mizzou to be a handful. I think we'll still win, but it won't be easy.

Missouri has not scored a TD in 13 straight quarters. In their last 3 games Missouri has gone 1-14, 2-13 and 0-14 on 3rd downs. That's 3 3rd down conversions in 3 games.

Really Clark?
10-26-2015, 03:20 PM
No I'm not. I'm going by what I see on the field. Not stats. Tusk and you decided to bring stats into the topic.

Uh...I just brought in what they are doing on the field.

TUSK
10-26-2015, 05:43 PM
And I say again... it's who they have played. Ol? miss is by far the best passing attack they have seen and ms st is far better.

In fact, ol? miss had an above their average game against them. Ol? miss is the only top 25 passing offense they have faced. Ms st will be the second and I don't know that anybody would say that we have not improved as the year.

In fact Tamu has a better pass defense. If we are going statin' then you might want to look at what ol? did on the road vs bama and at home vs tamu.

I'm not a total stats guy either. Simply put stats are not always right. It is obvious, ms st is a better team right now then at the beginning of the season. Let's line up vs usm again. Let's play lsu again. Outcomes would be different.

I 100% see bama getting beat by Ms St. I don't see it being hard to do either.

my point wasn't Bama's stats... it was that you inferred we'd played a weak schedule...

Then you compared Bama's 'schedule thus far to MSU's first 7 games in '12...

maybe I misunderstood... But Bama has played some decent teams and has one of the toughest SOSs in the country, I think...

HoopsDawg
10-26-2015, 06:17 PM
my point wasn't Bama's stats... it was that you inferred we'd played a weak schedule...

maybe I misunderstood... But Bama has played some decent teams and has one of the toughest SOSs in the country, I think...

I don't know or care what the numbers are, I think Bama has played the toughest schedule in the country so far. If Bama plays their best game against us, we can't win. I'm hoping Bama has a letdown after the LSU game and I'm hoping we finally play a complete game against Bama. I realize some of our mistakes are due to what Bama does, but we really haven't played our best against them in quite some time.

Dak will have to play a clean game, Mullen will have to relax, and Manny will need to blitz the heck out of the Bama O-line.

TUSK
10-26-2015, 06:54 PM
I don't know or care what the numbers are, I think Bama has played the toughest schedule in the country so far. If Bama plays their best game against us, we can't win. I'm hoping Bama has a letdown after the LSU game and I'm hoping we finally play a complete game against Bama. I realize some of our mistakes are due to what Bama does, but we really haven't played our best against them in quite some time.

Dak will have to play a clean game, Mullen will have to relax, and Manny will need to blitz the heck out of the Bama O-line.

agreed... you summed it up well...

Percho
10-26-2015, 06:56 PM

I'm with you fellers.

Coach007
10-27-2015, 12:49 AM

No, I didn't infer you played a weak schedule. I said you haven't played a great passing attack. You went to stats. From there, I pointed out that I was right. You have faced 1 top 25 passing team.

My point was and has nothing to do with stats. It has to do with film study. Ms st is your worst match up.

Dawgfan77
10-27-2015, 06:00 AM

You do realize we are off this week so why do they have more time to prepare than we do??

MSUDawg4Life
10-27-2015, 09:01 AM
You do realize we are off this week so why do they have more time to prepare than we do??

The point was that I expect them to play better than they have the past three weeks.

I expect Pinkel will take advantage of the extra time. I never said they have more time than us. Just saying we shouldn't expect them to look the same as they did last week.

TUSK
10-27-2015, 10:04 AM
No, I didn't infer you played a weak schedule. I said you haven't played a great passing attack. You went to stats. From there, I pointed out that I was right. You have faced 1 top 25 passing team.

My point was and has nothing to do with stats. It has to do with film study. Ms st is your worst match up.

ahhh, I did misunderstand you, then.... my bad...

it's good thing Bama won't face a great passing attack this year, then... there's just not anyone that's "great" at it, this year...

Dental Dawg33
10-27-2015, 10:11 AM
The point was that I expect them to play better than they have the past three weeks.

I expect Pinkel will take advantage of the extra time. I never said they have more time than us. Just saying we shouldn't expect them to look the same as they did last week.

I believe their defense will keep it interesting for maybe a half. But as long as we don't catch a case of the turnovers, we will not have an issue going Kentucky beatdown 2.0 mode on them

Coach007
10-27-2015, 11:12 AM
ahhh, I did misunderstand you, then.... my bad...

it's good thing Bama won't face a great passing attack this year, then... there's just not anyone that's "great" at it, this year...

The only decent one you faced, you lost to. Dak is a far better passer, and our wrs are deeper and better. When Baja leaves starkville.... It will be with a loss

TUSK
10-27-2015, 12:13 PM
The only decent one you faced, you lost to. Dak is a far better passer, and our wrs are deeper and better. When Baja leaves starkville.... It will be with a loss

Eh Kay. Riiiiight.

Coach007
10-27-2015, 01:31 PM
Tusk, I don't know what there is to disagree with. Dak is an all around better player than Kelly, he is more consistent. He has a wider range of players to throw to. He has better pass protection.

Wrs are open. You have to find the ones that are. That means providing time to locate. We have that. Next is a qb that can complete passes. We have that. Then you need that qb to be able to check down. We have that. Next is the wrs... Can they catch, run the routes etc.. They can.

If you have to resort to blitzing to pressure dak.... We have a the ability to keep you honest.

I don't see bama as an issue. Not at home!

TUSK
10-27-2015, 02:57 PM
I appreciate your take. I do.

And I'm very aware of both Dak and his receiving corps.

I think you may be underestimating the evolution of Bama's 2ndry...

I'll be there and hope to meet ya, buddy!

drunkernhelldawg
10-27-2015, 03:04 PM
It was a good win. But yards by those backs? You mean the 8-27 from Aries and 5-7 from d lee? Fact is- we struggle running w our backs. It's not changing. It didn't change tonight either. Hell the guy everyone on here wants on the bench was a difference maker....dak running makes us tough to defend, but man he has improved his accuracy so much it's fun to watch.

I thought Williams had his best game. I feel like he's getting revved up. So yes, I do think those rushing yards helped us even though statistically there weren't that many of them. I think the fact that we ran a back successfully a few times in the game opened up both the run and the pass for Dak. I don't think we can hang with Bama without a competent running back.

ETA: Not to mention Holloway's monster game in the pass and decent game with straight run.

Coach007
10-27-2015, 09:32 PM
I appreciate your take. I do.

And I'm very aware of both Dak and his receiving corps.

I think you may be underestimating the evolution of Bama's 2ndry...

I'll be there and hope to meet ya, buddy!

:)