PDA

View Full Version : Dabo and Clemson making a statement to the CFP Committee....

TUSK
10-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Thirty Five Zip at the half... at Miami...

Golden may be done...

Mutt the Hoople
10-24-2015, 12:44 PM
Watch Clemson lose to Wake Forest.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 12:44 PM
Mullen to Miami..........again??

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 12:51 PM
Clemson vs Florida State may decide a playoff spot unfortunately. If Clemson wins that one, they're in. If Florida State wins it, Florida is their only potential loss I see on that schedule.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Miami isn't that good. That isn't much of a statement.

TUSK
10-24-2015, 12:57 PM
correction: Fawty Two to ZIP at the Half...

War Machine Dawg
10-24-2015, 01:00 PM
Clemson is damn good. Dabo can croot and corch.

TUSK
10-24-2015, 01:04 PM
Clemson is damn good. Dabo can croot and corch.

word around here is Dabo may get the first call when Saban cashes in his chips...

SheltonChoked
10-24-2015, 01:17 PM
I think he burned that bridge.

*Muschamp to Miami.*

Outside Dawg
10-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Thirty Five Zip at the half... at Miami...

and Herbie said this may be the most competitive game of the day. Picked Clemson win a close one late.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 01:40 PM
word around here is Dabo may get the first call when Saban cashes in his chips...

That would be a major downgrade.

TUSK
10-24-2015, 01:42 PM
That would be a major downgrade.

anyone would be a major downgrade from Saban...

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 01:46 PM
anyone would be a major downgrade from Saban...

I just saw an opportunity to be right, so I jumped on it!!!!

TUSK
10-24-2015, 01:51 PM
I just saw an opportunity to be right, so I jumped on it!!!!

you get a rep point for being honest!

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 01:54 PM
you get a rep point for being honest!

Boom!!!!

I seen it dawg
10-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Mullen to Miami..........again??

One can only hope

Dawg61
10-24-2015, 02:50 PM
One can only hope

We are about to be bowl eligible for the sixth consecutive season and you want Mullen to go. Unreal. It's more feasible that we get Mullen to adjust his Mullenisms than it is we hire a more successful coach than Mullen. You feel like playing Russian roulette with 6 bullets in the six shooter cause that's better odds than MSU hiring a better coach at MSU than 52-33 and six consecutive bowls.

I seen it dawg
10-24-2015, 03:06 PM
He's not gonna change. And that's ok. I don't prefer him to stay. I want someone else. And if he would leave after this year we could get who I want.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 03:12 PM
I hope he stays, but we should be able to make a damn big hire. He's proven you can win at State. Hell, he's proven you can make the playoffs at State with a little imagination on offense.

I seen it dawg
10-24-2015, 03:16 PM
We can.

War Machine Dawg
10-24-2015, 03:17 PM
I hope he stays, but we should be able to make a damn big hire. He's proven you can win at State. Hell, he's proven you can make the playoffs at State with a little imagination on offense.

Yep. Plenty of big time coaches would like to make $4M.

TUSK
10-24-2015, 03:28 PM
Yep. Plenty of big time coaches would like to make $4M.

WMD, if you were a HC at another program, how would you approach contract negotiations with MSU re: salary; given they (MSU) are/is in such a difficult division?

for example: If you are HC at XYZ U and you are making 2 to 3 Mil/yr, what kinda raise would ya want? Or is "being in the SEC" a raise in itself... in your opinion?

sorry for the choppy sentence structure...

Rick Danko
10-24-2015, 03:29 PM
For whatever reason I was thinking about this earlier. I have absolutely no inside knowledge nor any reason to think this other than I do, but I think the next job that comes up he is going to take it. Why, I can't answer, other than he's about peaked here possibly and after his little spat on the show the other night maybe he is getting burnt out here. Probably stupid thinking but I could see him moving on within a few years. And let me clarify, not that I want him to at all, just could see it happening

Dawg61
10-24-2015, 03:32 PM
He's not gonna change. And that's ok. I don't prefer him to stay. I want someone else. And if he would leave after this year we could get who I want.

Who Fuente? Mullen frustrates the shit out of me but he does show signs that he's willing to work on his imperfections. He tells us that every week when he gets interviewed. How good is Fuente without a top 10 overall pick playing QB for him? Paxton Lynch is skyrocketing up draft boards. He was the #2 QB on Kiper's board and 10th pick overall last week. He might end up being the #1 pick by the time of the draft. He has an absolute freak cannon arm.

I respect your opinion I just think its extremely unlikely that we get a better coach than Mullen and we would be committing the death penalty by firing a coach after he gets us to #1 the year before (which I know is why you prefer Mullen just leaves). Mullen isn't leaving though. He sees Freeze is about to burn and this is his baby plus he hasn't accomplished what he has said he's always aiming for. An SEC Championship.

Within five years both Saban and Miles will be gone. I think we should stay the course and continue racking up consecutive bowls till that happens and let's see what the pecking order becomes with them gone.

Dawg61
10-24-2015, 03:34 PM
For whatever reason I was thinking about this earlier. I have absolutely no inside knowledge nor any reason to think this other than I do, but I think the next job that comes up he is going to take it. Why, I can't answer, other than he's about peaked here possibly and after his little spat on the show the other night maybe he is getting burnt out here. Probably stupid thinking but I could see him moving on within a few years. And let me clarify, not that I want him to at all, just could see it happening

What was this spat about? Sorry I missed it

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Who Fuente? Mullen frustrates the shit out of me but he does show signs that he's willing to work on his imperfections. He tells us that every week when he gets interviewed. How good is Fuente without a top 10 overall pick playing QB for him? Paxton Lynch is skyrocketing up draft boards. He was the #2 QB on Kiper's board and 10th pick overall last week. He might end up being the #1 pick by the time of the draft. He has an absolute freak cannon arm.

I respect your opinion I just think its extremely unlikely that we get a better coach than Mullen and we would be committing the death penalty by firing a coach after he gets us to #1 the year before (which I know is why you prefer Mullen just leaves). Mullen isn't leaving though. He sees Freeze is about to burn and this is his baby plus he hasn't accomplished what he has said he's always aiming for. An SEC Championship.

Within five years both Saban and Miles will be gone. I think we should stay the course and continue racking up consecutive bowls till that happens and let's see what the pecking order becomes with them gone.

All great point, but just to be clear, I don't think anyone is talking about firing Mullen. That would be the dumbest thing ever and would make it difficult to upgrade. If Mullen does leave on his own within the next 5 years, I think we can attract a top notch coach.

Dawg61
10-24-2015, 03:42 PM
All great point, but just to be clear, I don't think anyone is talking about firing Mullen. That would be the dumbest thing ever and would make it difficult to upgrade. If Mullen does leave on his own within the next 5 years, I think we can attract a top notch coach.

No doubt but ISID is wishing Mullen leaves this year because he has knowledge of another sought after HC that wants our job and won't be around to take it after this year. Atleast that's what I read from his post.

TUSK
10-24-2015, 03:43 PM

This might actually improve LSU...

I seen it dawg
10-24-2015, 03:44 PM

I respect your opinion as well. I just think he's done all he can do here of which I'm very appreciative. He will never get fired which I agree with but he will leave at some point. I want it to be now because there is a guy we could get in January and not Fuente. Lots of good job openings and hopefully he jumps at one and then we get my guy. It's just time to me and I would rather be proactive.

I seen it dawg
10-24-2015, 03:45 PM
No doubt but ISID is wishing Mullen leaves this year because he has knowledge of another sought after HC that wants our job and won't be around to take it after this year. Atleast that's what I read from his post.

Bingo. Mullen is leaving at some point and I want it to be now. He doesn't have that personality to stay at a place 25 yrs. Not many do and that's ok.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 03:51 PM
I respect your opinion as well. I just think he's done all he can do here of which I'm very appreciative. He will never get fired which I agree with but he will leave at some point. I want it to be now because there is a guy we could get in January and not Fuente. Lots of good job openings and hopefully he jumps at one and then we get my guy. It's just time to me and I would rather be proactive.

Derrick Mason???? **********************

HoopsDawg
10-24-2015, 03:52 PM

Who is this guy you seek?

Dawg61
10-24-2015, 03:54 PM
Bingo. Mullen is leaving at some point and I want it to be now. He doesn't have that personality to stay at a place 25 yrs. Not many do and that's ok.

who Sean Payton? Not many coaches in this area are better than Mullen. If you can't say his name just leave a little cookie please. Thanks

Dawg61
10-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Derrick Mason???? **********************

I'd rather hire that sheet of paper he misplaced for 18 months

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 03:58 PM
Tusk, I mentioned you in our weekly Q&A session on BeastMan's website. Did you catch it?

Rick Danko
10-24-2015, 03:58 PM
What was this spat about? Sorry I missed it

Spat may not be proper word. He seemed very annoyed when a lady asked about Redmond injury. I didn't hear it, only read comments mostly here. Could be nothing but seemed he was very perturbed by the question and I just think he may be getting a "time to move on" attitude. Like I said previously, no real reasoning behind my thinking, just a thought.

War Machine Dawg
10-24-2015, 04:01 PM
WMD, if you were a HC at another program, how would you approach contract negotiations with MSU re: salary; given they (MSU) are/is in such a difficult division?

for example: If you are HC at XYZ U and you are making 2 to 3 Mil/yr, what kinda raise would ya want? Or is "being in the SEC" a raise in itself... in your opinion?

sorry for the choppy sentence structure...

Nah, I understand what you're asking. Realistically, I think it's a combination of both. Coming to the SEC is a raise in itself. But I also think it has to be coupled with a monetary raise. How much depends on the candidate, his record at his previous school assuming he's a current HC, who we hired him from, etc. Essentially, it's a case by case basis for me. Extreme examples to illustrate the point: I don't hesitate to pay $4M or more to hire Bill Cowher or maybe a Mike Gundy. I pay much less to hire the OC from Jax State. You're paying the first group for proven success as a HC in the NFL/at a major college program. The second group you're gambling on an unproven commodity. Note: Obviously we aren't hiring Cowher or a DII OC. Realistic targets would be a Chad Morris type. HC at a small major conference school or mid-major. Maybe an OC/DC from a blue blood program. If we're shooting for the moon, David Shaw at Stanford. Hell, we almost had Petersen last time.

ScottH
10-24-2015, 04:05 PM
And if he would leave after this year we could get who I want.

Who's that?

I have my short list but I assume we have Mullen for 2-3 more years.

More than once he has mentioned Urban always told him a coach's life span at a school maxes out around 10 years.

Dawg61
10-24-2015, 04:09 PM
Spat may not be proper word. He seemed very annoyed when a lady asked about Redmond injury. I didn't hear it, only read comments mostly here. Could be nothing but seemed he was very perturbed by the question and I just think he may be getting a "time to move on" attitude. Like I said previously, no real reasoning behind my thinking, just a thought.

Asking Mullen about injuries is like asking Mike Tyson about being a convicted rapist.

https://youtu.be/mWy4ajnnvAI

I seen it dawg
10-24-2015, 04:09 PM
who Sean Payton? Not many coaches in this area are better than Mullen. If you can't say his name just leave a little cookie please. Thanks

Sorry

HoopsDawg
10-24-2015, 04:11 PM
Sorry

Damn, weak. Really weak. Probably b/c you realize how full of shit you are.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 04:15 PM
Asking Mullen about injuries is like asking Mike Tyson about being a convicted rapist.

https://youtu.be/mWy4ajnnvAI

Lmao. That was great! Hahahahah!

I seen it dawg
10-24-2015, 04:16 PM

Whatever you think. It's not Bill Walsh, Knute Rockne, Bill Belicheck, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, or Nick Saban. Does that help you?

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 04:17 PM

Damn dude. Harsh.

TUSK
10-24-2015, 04:18 PM
Tusk, I mentioned you in our weekly Q&A session on BeastMan's website. Did you catch it?

OH, SNAP! TUSK got some ink????

I did not catch it, daddio.... can you link it here, or tell me where to find it, buddy?

I seen it dawg
10-24-2015, 04:20 PM
Damn dude. Harsh.

It's ok. Seeing as how I'm pretty damn good at dishing it out it doesn't bother me when the predictable full of shit post comes flying.

Coach34
10-24-2015, 04:37 PM

No- he's 100% on this. Doesnt mean he has to tell you about it...Just like many of us werent told about our guys that had been in touch with Howland and brought it to Strick

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 05:17 PM
OH, SNAP! TUSK got some ink????

I did not catch it, daddio.... can you link it here, or tell me where to find it, buddy?

http://3rdand57.com/around-the-sec-week-8/

TUSK
10-24-2015, 05:23 PM
http://3rdand57.com/around-the-sec-week-8/

found it, thanks!!!

I'll be sure to submit my ponderings come Bammer/MSU week;)

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-24-2015, 05:29 PM

You will probably miss a time or three until you find the next bear/Satan.

HoopsDawg
10-24-2015, 05:38 PM
No- he's 100% on this. Doesnt mean he has to tell you about it...Just like many of us werent told about our guys that had been in touch with Howland and brought it to Strick

Sure.