PDA

View Full Version : Fall Ball Breakdown: Intangibles

MsStateBaseball
10-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Number 1: I think we will be a much better hitting ball club than 2015. Getting Coach Will Coggin back has helped. He is a pretty good hitting coach.

Number 2: We are getting a new pitching coach, Jason Dietrich, who is one of the best in the nation. To me, Cal State Fullerton is a pitching school. I bet CSF has more MLB pitchers than a lot of other schools. His stats tell the tale. Low ERA with little walks. I think we will have a great pitching staff by the end of the year.

Number 3: With the influx of 22 new players we have lots of depth everywhere especially in the infield and pitchers. We have now got the most talent since Cohen has been here.

Number 4: I really don't see any residue of the bad year we had. These guys are hungry for success. This is led by junior Gavin Collins. He hated that he was hurt last year. He is a supreme competitor.

Number 5: There is no doubt we have one of the hardest schedules in the nation. Florida Atlantic was in a regional last year. UCLA, USC and Oklahoma will be ranked. Oregon is no slouch. They may be ranked. We play the 2 best teams in the East away. At Vanderbilt and at Florida. Georgia is expected to be better. We do play the preseason pick to win the West at home in Texas A and M.

Bullmutt
10-24-2015, 03:22 PM
Good job, MSB. Appreciate your efforts.

MsStateBaseball
10-24-2015, 03:24 PM
Thanks. I do my best.