PDA

View Full Version : For all of our "I hate Black Uniforms" crowd...

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 10:29 AM
Go give the Bulldog Recruiting Twitter account a look, and you'll see exactly why we do "Blackouts". We have a ton of recruits coming to this game, and they're all saying stuff like "I can't wait to see that Blackout in Starkville tonight" and "Ready to see those black uniforms at HailState tonight", etc.

So if you want better players in your favorite Maroon and White...embrace the Blackout. It's one of the only ways us Average Joes can help a little bit in our program's recruiting efforts. Jerseys won't be THE reason they choose State....but seeing a united fan base decked out in the same color in an intimidating and awesome atmosphere, can't hurt.

Everybody pulling in the same direction. Hail State?

missouridawg
10-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Saw a few a RTs this morning on this and felt my rambling this week may be a little justified.

the59dawg
10-24-2015, 10:38 AM
Saw an ex-player this am from the 60's time. He said "we are maroon and white. We will always be". Blackoiut is crap! There couldn't be 60K black MSU shirts out there to be bought. So how will it be a blackout?

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 10:39 AM
Saw an ex-player this am from the 60's time. He said "we are maroon and white. We will always be". Blackoiut is crap! There couldn't be 60K black MSU shirts out there to be bought. So how will it be a blackout?

Great outlook*

Drugdog
10-24-2015, 10:41 AM

I bet you have a VCR. Get current. We didn't change our colors, just wearing black which is a neutral color.

missouridawg
10-24-2015, 10:42 AM
did you get off his lawn before he shot too?

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 10:42 AM
I bet you have a VCR. Get current. We didn't change our colors, just wearing black which is a neutral color.

haha

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 10:45 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/63257940.jpg

Percho
10-24-2015, 10:46 AM
He ain't heavy Father he's my brother. We going have to carry them Cad.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 10:47 AM
He ain't heavy Father he's my brother. We going have to carry them Cad.

+1

godlluB
10-24-2015, 10:52 AM
I hate black uniforms, I'm sick of MSU trying to dictate what color I'm supposed to wear every freaking game.

But, I'm wearing black tonight.

I just hope we cheer "MAROON, BLACK" instead of "MAROON, WHITE" pre-game. Seriously, If we're going to do this, let's fully f'ing embrace this $hit.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
10-24-2015, 10:52 AM
Freaking blue hairs are a stubborn ass group of people!!!! Damn they get old having to listen to them to tell you sit down, pointing at the ring now on the dawgatron and etc...... Get with the times !!! hailstate

RougeDawg
10-24-2015, 11:05 AM
I hate black uniforms, I'm sick of MSU trying to dictate what color I'm supposed to wear every freaking game.

I just hope we cheer "MAROON, BLACK" instead of "MAROON, WHITE" pre-game. Seriously, If we're going to do this, let's fully f'ing embrace this $hit.

Please dial 911. It seems you are having a tough time removing that stick out of your ass.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 11:11 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/63257940.jpg

Hahahaha!!!!!

sleepy dawg
10-24-2015, 11:12 AM
Freaking blue hairs are a stubborn ass group of people!!!! Damn they get old having to listen to them to tell you sit down, pointing at the ring now on the dawgatron and etc...... Get with the times !!! hailstate

If someone complains about wearing black at the game today, just ignore them. If someone tells you to sit down at the game today, karate chop them in the throat.

basedog
10-24-2015, 11:14 AM
I will be wearing black and I suppose I may qualify as a "blue hair', but I stand, holler, clap, yell, cheer and get into the game. Not all blue hairs are "old maids"!

Btw, some you guys will be in the senior group one day (I hope you will anyway).

Mullen says "Why the bitching by you guys or gals who want be going to the game today"?

Martianlander
10-24-2015, 11:15 AM
Haven't seen this much division since our church tried to decide what color carpet to put down.

By the way this blue hair is wearing black today.

GreenheadDawg
10-24-2015, 11:16 AM

I bet you are so much fun to be around. Pretty pathetic to bitch about this

RougeDawg
10-24-2015, 11:17 AM
If someone complains about wearing black at the game today, just ignore them. If someone tells you to sit down at the game today, karate chop them in the throat.

What he says. The "I hate black, I'm not wearing black because we are Maroon and White" are simply selfish and are putting themselves above aiding and assisting our football program.

I'd be willing to bet this same group of people are still mad about Starkville coming out of the early 1900's And selling cold beer. "Dad gom'it, we ain't never had cold beer before and we don't need it now. Hell they shouldn't even sell beer to begin with."

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Those blue hairs built this university. They also contribute a hell of a lot of money. They are also AT THE GAME.

Bubb Rubb
10-24-2015, 11:29 AM
I bet Alabama and LSU are really kicking themselves over how not wearing black uniforms is negatively impacting their recruiting.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 11:33 AM
I bet Alabama and LSU are really kicking themselves over how not wearing black uniforms is negatively impacting their recruiting.

Yea because MSU has those Championships to use as a recruiting tool like Bama and LSU. And a 100,000 seat stadium. And Saban. Etc..

Come on, mane. You really comparing our recruiting to theirs? Ohio State just had a blackout.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 11:34 AM

You do realize how crazy that comment is don't you? So we can just expect to beat Bama and LSU for recruits based on our history?

godlluB
10-24-2015, 11:34 AM

Wow.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 11:39 AM
Those blue hairs built this university. They also contribute a hell of a lot of money. They are also AT THE GAME.

What a shitty response. "I spend money building this program, so if I want to help ruin the blackout I can do it". Great attitude. Great return on your investment. Do you also build a business from the ground up and then go take a dump on the check-out counter "because you can!"? No, you want to help make your investment the best it can be, right?

Oh, and maybe you forgot since you're retired....but some of us are on call on the weekends and can't go to every game. And then some others are on tight budgets and can't afford to spend a few hundred bucks per weekend on going to games. My Dad didn't have the money to take himself and/or his kids to games when I was young...but he was still a hell of a great fan to MSU and gave money when he could.

In other words, you aren't a better fan if you go to the game. Remember that. Many have jobs they can't quit just to go to football games. As much as many would love to do so.

Statefan
10-24-2015, 11:44 AM
For what it's worth, there is some adidas involvement in this... UCLA and Nebraska both wearing black jerseys this week

I also cannot believe it bothers people so much to wear a black shirt or jacket to a football game

mstatefan91
Just walked through campus. The stadium will not be blacked out tonight.

Just as many people wearing maroon and white as those wearing black. Pitiful

War Machine Dawg
You do realize how crazy that comment is don't you? So we can just expect to beat Bama and LSU for recruits based on our history?

No kidding. We also don't have the advantage of being the only major program in our state with every kid growing up dreaming of playing for us the way LSU does. In one of the most talent rich states in the nation, I might add. Some of our fans are complete idiots. Pull the rope together, dammit.

War Machine Dawg
10-24-2015, 11:48 AM
Just walked through campus. The stadium will not be blacked out tonight.

Just as many people wearing maroon and white as those wearing black. Pitiful

Hopefully some of those are planning on changing or will buy a black shirt prior to game time. That said, we all knew this wouldn't work. Our fans are terrible and refuse to get on the same page. We Are M-State, our own worst enemy.

BB30
10-24-2015, 11:53 AM
It's a damn black shirt for one game unbelievable the things people let ruin their day

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 11:53 AM
What a shitty response. "I spend money building this program, so if I want to help ruin the blackout I can do it". Great attitude. Great return on your investment. Do you also build a business from the ground up and then go take a dump on the check-out counter "because you can!"? No, you want to help make your investment the best it can be, right?

Oh, and maybe you forgot since you're retired....but some of us are on call on the weekends and can't go to every game. And then some others are on tight budgets and can't afford to spend a few hundred bucks per weekend on going to games. My Dad didn't have the money to take himself and/or his kids to games when I was young...but he was still a hell of a great fan to MSU and gave money when he could.

In other words, you aren't a better fan if you go to the game. Remember that. Many have jobs they can't quit just to go to football games. As much as many would love to do so.

LOL....you don't even realize how silly you sound do you? I don't go to every game. Contributing money does not make you a better fan. I can't contribute much and my Dad never did. However the FACT remains that those blue hairs who DO contribute the money are what built this university and ESP it's athletic department. I won't ever attack them. If it wasn't for them none of us would ever get to see us on TV because we would be playing a half empty high school size stadium in division three.

As for those who don't go to games attacking those that do.....................you really don't have an argument. As I said I don't go all the games either. Those that do are better fans than I am.

FYI: I have my black shirt on.

TrapGame
10-24-2015, 11:54 AM
Maybe handing out black towels with an MState logo would have been better. Everyone yelling, clanging cowbells and waving black towels probably would have looked better on tv.

Bubb Rubb
10-24-2015, 11:54 AM

I don't care what color uniforms we wear, and I'm not complaining about that. But I can assure you that not one of our recruits will commit because of our black uniforms. It may look cool and they may get a little juiced about it, but at the end of the day, it is not a factor. To suggest otherwise is profoundly ignorant, and that's the point I was making.

It's not about championships - it's about tradition. That's why those other schools don't do it. aGAIN, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but it's not a huge impact to recruiting.

BulldogBear
10-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Hopefully some of those are planning on changing or will buy a black shirt prior to game time. That said, we all knew this wouldn't work. Our fans are terrible and refuse to get on the same page. We Are M-State, our own worst enemy.

I always change shirts before going into stadium. It's a game day ritual. I'll be donning black shirt and cap.

Black is a neutral color. No dfferent wearing grey or khaki. So I have no problem with it .

With that said some of y'all need to lay off the folks who don't want to wear black.

Bubb Rubb
10-24-2015, 11:58 AM
No kidding. We also don't have the advantage of being the only major program in our state with every kid growing up dreaming of playing for us the way LSU does. In one of the most talent rich states in the nation, I might add. Some of our fans are complete idiots. Pull the rope together, dammit.

Careful there, corky. By the way, I seem to recall you writing an article shitting all over our band, so maybe you should practice what you preach.

Dawgface
10-24-2015, 11:59 AM

If you're lucky enough, you may be a blue hair one day. Just remember not to tell the youngins to sit when you are one. BTW even though I have a black dog........I hate the black unis. ;)

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 12:01 PM
I don't care what color uniforms we wear, and I'm not complaining about that. But I can assure you that not one of our recruits will commit because of our black uniforms. It may look cool and they may get a little juiced about it, but at the end of the day, it is not a factor. To suggest otherwise is profoundly ignorant, and that's the point I was making.

It's not about championships - it's about tradition. That's why those other schools don't do it. aGAIN, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but it's not a huge impact to recruiting.

"Uniforms mean nothing.

Sincerely,

Oregon"

Nobody said it would be the reason they sign. In fact that's in the OP in this thread. But to act like having a cool blackout where the entire stadium is in black, wouldn't help show a recruit about the fans and passion for football, and contribute to an atmosphere that a kid would want to play for, is ignorant.

Recruiting is often times a culmination of many things. Players want to play for great fan bases, in great stadiums, with great atmospheres, in addition to all of the other things they look for while picking a school. So it does matter. And regardless, I just don't see why anyone would complain about it. (Not referring to you)

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 12:04 PM
I always change shirts before going into stadium. It's a game day ritual. I'll be donning black shirt and cap.

Black is a neutral color. No dfferent wearing grey or khaki. So I have no problem with it .

With that said some of y'all need to lay off the folks who don't want to wear black.

At the end of the day, if Someone doesn't want to wear black, fine. I don't care. I just don't get it. I simply posted this thread to let those people whining about blackouts know why we do them. Recruits love things like that, and many fans do too. But if they choose not to, it's their choice.

RougeDawg
10-24-2015, 12:05 PM

Selfish Comments like these and " we are maroon and white only" are the reason we were so god awful for so many years. We had a majority of selfish fans who weren't willing to unite and do whatever it took to help our football program. We had selfish fans and AD's who opposed late start times and wanted all day games so they could make it home before the sun went down. Some of you blue hairs think this has no impact on recruiting but it does. We have all been 18 years old and in high school. At that age you love night games and cool "different" events.

Who thinks it was just conincidence that during Dans first press conference he spoke about the fans having to buy in and unite for the program to be successful? Everyone else saw how our fan base was never truly United and they used it against us any chance they have.

Another telling item about our fan base and support is my current BDC ranking. I'm in my lower 30's. This is my 7th season as a member and I'm in the top 18% of donors. That's just f*cking pathetic for our fan base. No reason I should ever be that high and I don't have much expendable income.

If you want to be selfish and not wear black please burn your ticket and stay outside the stadium today.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 12:09 PM
Selfish Comments like these and " we are maroon and white only" are the reason we were so god awful for so many years. We had a majority of selfish fans who weren't willing to unite and do whatever it took to help our football program. We had selfish fans and AD's who opposed late start times and wanted all day games so they could make it home before the sun went down. Some of you blue hairs think this has no impact on recruiting but it does. We have all been 18 years old and in high school. At that age you love night games and cool "different" events.

Who thinks it was just conincidence that during Dans first press conference he spoke about the fans having to buy in and unite for the program to be successful? Everyone else saw how our fan base was never truly United and they used it against us any chance they have.

Another telling item about our fan base and support is my current BDC ranking. I'm in my lower 30's. This is my 7th season as a member and I'm in the top 18% of donors. That's just f*cking pathetic for our fan base. No reason I should ever be that high and I don't have much expendable income.

If you want to be selfish and not wear black please burn your ticket and stay outside the stadium today.

Really now? So you would rather have empty seats than someone wearing maroon or white in the stadium? Interesting attitude.

Bubb Rubb
10-24-2015, 12:10 PM

Hey Cadaver, note this post and the post that War Machine Dawg made above. This is why I replied to this thread. aGAIN, I don't care about the color of the damn uniforms, but my opinion is that it doesn't impact recruiting. But calling our fellow fans selfish or stupid because they don't agree is not productive. In fact, it's hypocritical and they're doing the very thing they are accusing others of doing. Traditions are important to some people. They mean something. I will wear a black shirt tonight, but I won't yell at the "blue hair" in front of me that chose to wear Maroon, because that's his right, and it's a right he's probably earned. It doesn't mean that he's stupid, selfish, or not pulling the rope in the right direction, or whatever.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 12:11 PM
At the end of the day, if Someone doesn't want to wear black, fine. I don't care. I just don't get it. I simply posted this thread to let those people whining about blackouts know why we do them. Recruits love things like that, and many fans do too. But if they choose not to, it's their choice.

Recruits notice fashion statements but not what fans are saying about coaches and other players. Gotcha.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 12:12 PM
Hey Cadaver, note this post and the post that War Machine Dawg made above. This is why I replied to this thread. aGAIN, I don't care about the color of the damn uniforms, but my opinion is that it doesn't impact recruiting. But calling our fellow fans selfish or stupid because they don't agree is not productive. In fact, it's hypocritical and they're doing the very thing they are accusing others of doing. Traditions are important to some people. They mean something. I will wear a black shirt tonight, but I won't yell at the "blue hair" in front of me that chose to wear Maroon, because that's his right, and it's a right he's probably earned.

THIS!

Drugdog
10-24-2015, 12:12 PM

Do u ever change clothes or wear the same ones everyday. So what is your CB handle?

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 12:16 PM
Hey Cadaver, note this post and the post that War Machine Dawg made above. This is why I replied to this thread. aGAIN, I don't care about the color of the damn uniforms, but my opinion is that it doesn't impact recruiting. But calling our fellow fans selfish or stupid because they don't agree is not productive. In fact, it's hypocritical and they're doing the very thing they are accusing others of doing. Traditions are important to some people. They mean something. I will wear a black shirt tonight, but I won't yell at the "blue hair" in front of me that chose to wear Maroon, because that's his right, and it's a right he's probably earned. It doesn't mean that he's stupid, selfish, or not pulling the rope in the right direction, or whatever.

I agree that calling fans selfish or stupid is a bad move...that's why I didn't. I disagree about recruiting though..I think it helps.

RougeDawg
Really now? So you would rather have empty seats than someone wearing maroon or white in the stadium? Interesting attitude.

It's hilarious how you see and comprehend something completely different than the post reads. Are you on medication that impairs comprehension? Did you only read the last sentence? If so, your reply is warranted.

As usual, I will provide a 3rd grade summary

Anyone who does not do what is asked of them to help our program does not truly care about our program, so why bring your negative selfish attitude somewhere where we need positive influence? Everyone bitching about what color to wear, to any game for that matter, is selfish and holding us back. Until we stop bitching and being lazy as an entire fan base we will continue to be on the outside looking in.

Liverpooldawg
Nebraska is dong the black uniforms today against Northwestern. They are losing.

BulldogBear
10-24-2015, 12:17 PM

You had me till that last short paragraph. Better maroon and white than a single empty seat.

mstatefan91
10-24-2015, 12:17 PM
"I'm sick of MSU trying to dictate what color I'm supposed to wear every freaking game."

That attitude right there. That's the problem. Get over yourself. No disrespect. I don't know you but wow..

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 12:18 PM
It's hilarious how you see and comprehend something completely different than the post reads. Are you on medication that impairs comprehension? Did you only read the last sentence? If so, your reply is warranted.

As usual, I will provide a 3rd grade summary

Anyone who does not do what is asked of them to help our program does not truly care about our program, so why bring your negative selfish attitude somewhere where we need positive influence? Everyone botching about what color to wear, to shy game for that matter, is selfish and holding us back.

You did say if you weren't wearing black to burn your tickets and stay out of the stadium. Are you now retracting that very sellfish statement?

mstatefan91
10-24-2015, 12:18 PM
Nebraska is dong the black uniforms today against Northwestern. They are losing.
And it has absolutely nothing to do with them wearing black. This argument/superstition is so tired. Put it to bed

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 12:19 PM

Because that's what this thread is about.

And I bet it's the uniforms making them lose. You're the worst.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 12:20 PM
For the record I have worn what I was supposed to to ever game I have been to except in one circumstance. I wear white to day games when it is hot and sunny.

mstatefan91
10-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Don't worry. Liverpooldawg will get nice and drunk tonight and spam the main board with his passionate hate of TSUN. Lol

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Because that's what this thread is about.

And I bet it's the uniforms making them lose. You're the worst.

I'll be in black at the game. :p

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Recruits notice fashion statements but not what fans are saying about coaches and other players. Gotcha.

Hey Genius...what are our recruits talking about online? The jerseys and blackout, or what was said by some jackoff named after a soccer team on page 13 of an EliteDawg game thread?

Thanks for playing.

Prentis
10-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Lamicheal James, the former running back from Oregon specifically said one of the reason he didn't come to State was because of the uniforms.

BulldogBear
10-24-2015, 12:23 PM
And it has absolutely nothing to do with them wearing black. This argument/superstition is so tired. Put it to bed

No here's a post I can pimp!!

I think we pit the superstition to death to tonight.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 12:23 PM

If we win tonight I will. :D

RougeDawg
10-24-2015, 12:24 PM

Please provide a different adjective for someone "doing what they personally want to do instead of doing what will positively impact our program, recruiting and image of the university overall"? If you can think of another descriptor please add it here.

Are you now whining to the mods because someone called you and others out for not being team players as fans? Please mark it down. And when I return home from the game tomorrow I'll posts the recruits tweets of how much they enjoyed the "blackout".

Some of you sound like the butt hurt bears when someone breaks their tailgate chandelier. It's time we all step up and do what it takes to help our program reach the next level of success, even if it requires doing something that we don't necessarily agree with.

ETA id wear orange, yellow, green, whatever if our football program, AD and university asked me to for a designated game because I care more about our program and our success than my personal feelings for a shirt color.

ckDOG
10-24-2015, 12:27 PM
#BlackUnisMatter

Prentis
10-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Look great, feel great, play great.

Liverpooldawg
Hey Genius...what are our recruits talking about online? The jerseys and blackout, or what was said by some jackoff named after a soccer team on page 13 of an EliteDawg game thread?

Thanks for playing.
I really do get under your skin don't I? As I said, I'm already wearing my black shirt. I happen to disagree with you on most things, that doesn't mean I dislike you or want to call you names. There is an interesting dynamic in this thread. People are entitled to their opinions, even if you disagree with them. We would ALL do well to remember that.

CadaverDawg
#BlackUnisMatter

Haha

Liverpooldawg
#BlackUnisMatter

Now that is funny!

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 12:33 PM
I really do get under your skin don't I Sparky? As I said, I'm already wearing my black shirt. I happen to disagree with you on most things, that doesn't mean I dislike you or want to call you names. There is an interesting dynamic in this thread. People are entitled to their opinions, even if you disagree with them. We would ALL do well to remember that.

You don't get under my skin. I just like good debate, but you jump in every thread and turn it into something it's not. Thus ruining the debate and throwing it into a different conversation. I would think if you really like this message board you would quit ruining threads with your constant twisting of people's words.

But no, I always love a good argument too. That's why I come here...debate, discuss, argue at times. You just tend to be the one I like arguing with. Take it as a compliment, gramps.

Bubb Rubb
10-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Please provide a different adjective for someone "doing what they personally want to do instead of doing what will positively impact our program, recruiting and image of the university overall"? If you can think of another descriptor please add it here.

Are you now whining to the mods because someone called you and others out for not being team players as fans? Please mark it down. And when I return home from the game tomorrow I'll posts the recruits tweets of how much they enjoyed the "blackout".

Some of you sound like the butt hurt bears when someone breaks their tailgate chandelier. It's time we all step up and do what it takes to help our program reach the next level of success, even if it requires doing something that we don't necessarily agree with.

ETA id wear orange, yellow, green, whatever if our football program, AD and university asked me to for a designated game because I care more about our program and our success than my personal feelings for a shirt color.

I'm not whining to anyone. It sounds to me like you are out of Summer's Eve.

Guess what....stepping up and helping the program is much bigger than wearing a black shirt to the game. I give way more money than I can afford to this university, for much more than just football, for more than 20 years now. My measurement of true fandom has nothing to do with what I wear to the game. Your strawman argument supporting your opinion is a reach. I will be in the same seat I've been in every week. So, don't preach to me about not being a team player as a fan. You aren't being a team player by attacking anyone. I suggest you aim your passion at something that matters.

I bolded the last sentence because I want you to understand your hypocrisy. That statement also goes for those of you who want to run down a fellow fan because they don't want to wear black to a football game. People step up and do what it takes to help our program reach the next level of success every day, and they do so in much more important ways than the color of a shirt, and some of them won't wear black because they don't like it. Choose to accept it, even if you don't necessarily agree with it.

yakalot
10-24-2015, 12:45 PM

Then I'm sure they have enough money to buy a black shirt.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 12:46 PM
You don't get under my skin. I just like good debate, but you jump in every thread and turn it into something it's not. Thus ruining the debate and throwing it into a different conversation. I would think if you really like this message board you would quit ruining threads with your constant twisting of people's words.

But no, I always love a good argument or debate. That's why I come here...debate, discuss, argue at times. You just tend to be the one I like arguing with. Take it as a compliment, gramps.

I'm 51, not a Grandpa yet, I think he graduates before that happens. How exactly can one person turn a thread into something its not? If one person, or persons, can dictate what a thread is about this place wouldn't be much fun. I am not a fan of not wearing our colors and I don't subscribe to the notion that black is a neutral color. Ask USM, Vandy, Iowa, and a bunch of others about that. That being said I tolerate it and go along with it because it's what MSU wants. I don't have to like it or be quiet about that dislike. It's kind of like you bitching about Mullen. Our roles are reversed here. As for the superstition, I can only recall us winning one black out, a nail biter against La Tech I think it was. That being said the REAL reason that this superstition got started is who we always used to do it against. We always chose very good teams and that lead to losing nearly every game when we wore black. Hopefully that changes tonight and we can maybe bury that argument.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2015, 12:48 PM
I'm not whining to anyone. It sounds to me like you are out of Summer's Eve.

Guess what....stepping up and helping the program is much bigger than wearing a black shirt to the game. I give way more money than I can afford to this university, for much more than just football, for more than 20 years now. My measurement of true fandom has nothing to do with what I wear to the game. Your strawman argument supporting your opinion is a reach. I will be in the same seat I've been in every week. So, don't preach to me about not being a team player as a fan. You aren't being a team player by attacking anyone. I suggest you aim your passion at something that matters.

I bolded the last sentence because I want you to understand your hypocrisy. That statement also goes for those of you who want to run down a fellow fan because they don't want to wear black to a football game. People step up and do what it takes to help our program reach the next level of success every day, and they do so in much more important ways than the color of a shirt, and some of them won't wear black because they don't like it. Choose to accept it, even if you don't necessarily agree with it.

Great post.

Noxdog
10-24-2015, 01:00 PM

But no, I always love a good argument too. That's why I come here...debate, discuss, argue at times. You just tend to be the one I like arguing with. Take it as a compliment, gramps.

This used to be cadaver and me in earlier years. I agree with cad that it's fun to have someone to argue with but over time as true Dawgs we all find common ground.

I'm wearing black tonite and no it does not bother me if another fan chooses not to, although I am sick of all this color coordinated crap. Get off my lawn!!! :cool:(rant over)

Goldendawg
10-24-2015, 01:08 PM
I wish I still had enough hair on top to be called a "Blue Hair". I have a 32 year old daughter and a 14 year old son(bleeds Maroon). My Superdawg Dad took me to my first game in 1964. I just did my morning grocery shopping and bought a new black t-shirt. My only other black tees were ZZ Top, Kiss, Ted Nugent, Whitesnake, Aerosmith, or Oakland Raiders. Just ordered my son the new #15 replica black jersey and I too think it is cool. (He now has three- maroon 14, white 15, and the black 15 on order, I have a #3 Jackie years jersey autographed by Dontae Walker, so it goes.). I consider myself very young at heart and love MSU. Maroon and white is what I prefer to wear depending on the weather. As the late Al Davis said, "Just Win Baby". Hail State. P.S., we better win. This black tee was $6.50!!!!!!

TrapGame
10-24-2015, 01:08 PM

Thanks for playing.

I just thought he was a Beatles fan. **

sandwolf
10-24-2015, 01:56 PM
I just like good debate, but you jump in every thread and turn it into something it's not. Thus ruining the debate and throwing it into a different conversation.

Definitely agree with this. He argues like a woman.

sandwolf
10-24-2015, 02:03 PM

Really not sure why this post is getting knocked. The guy hates the color coordination and hates not wearing our traditional colors.....but he still wears the requested color and recognizes the fact that by not embracing the color coordination, we look bush league. I fully respect this guy's approach.

mstatefan91
10-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Really not sure why this post is getting knocked. The guy hates the color coordination and hates not wearing our traditional colors.....but he still wears the requested color and recognizes the fact that by not embracing the color coordination, we look bush league. I fully respect this guy's approach.

Because he is whining about it.. pretty simple

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 03:32 PM
#BlackUnisMatter

+1
I have no idea what happened to my post but I posted #blackcrowdsmatter earlier. Don't know where it went.

Dawg61
10-24-2015, 03:39 PM
#BlackUnisMatter

top ten post of the year!

War Machine Dawg
10-24-2015, 03:45 PM
+1
I have no idea what happened to my post but I posted #blackcrowdsmatter earlier. Don't know where it went.

Different thread.

drunkernhelldawg
10-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Go give the Bulldog Recruiting Twitter account a look, and you'll see exactly why we do "Blackouts". We have a ton of recruits coming to this game, and they're all saying stuff like "I can't wait to see that Blackout in Starkville tonight" and "Ready to see those black uniforms at HailState tonight", etc.

So if you want better players in your favorite Maroon and White...embrace the Blackout. It's one of the only ways us Average Joes can help a little bit in our program's recruiting efforts. Jerseys won't be THE reason they choose State....but seeing a united fan base decked out in the same color in an intimidating and awesome atmosphere, can't hurt.

Everybody pulling in the same direction. Hail State?

I've been called the blue hair names since I am generally against black uniforsms. However, I have no problem with it as a special uniform once a year. Great post.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 04:31 PM
Different thread.

Oh. Thanks. I thought I was crazy.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
10-24-2015, 09:43 PM
Haven't read the thread but if anyone thinks we've had all questionable calls go the opposite direction I would attribute that to wearing black jerseys

mcain31
10-24-2015, 10:14 PM
I like the way we've played tonight

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2015, 12:56 AM
Maybe we can put thE black uni curse behind us now. I still don't like to see us in anything other than the school colors, but I can live with it.

TimberBeast
10-25-2015, 02:29 AM

The only person in this thread with any pride is that guy. Black is not one of our colors, and I was at state from 98 to 01. You people are ESPN sheep. Have some damn pride.

drunkernhelldawg
10-25-2015, 07:26 AM
1. Black is not our official color and should not be our official color.

2. The uniforms looked awesome last night. It's one of the best special uniforms we've ever used.

3. There is no reason to complain. The movement to make black one of our official colors needs to stay dead. We did a great job yesterday. Next week, we're back to regular uniforms. If not, then we have a problem.

mcain31
10-25-2015, 09:21 AM
The only person in this thread with any pride is that guy. Black is not one of our colors, and I was at state from 98 to 01. You people are ESPN sheep. Have some damn pride.

I've got plenty of pride. I'm no ESPN sheep either. The uniform isn't for the fans. It is for the players and recruits. We don't have a great tradition so we need things like cool alternative uniforms to attract attention.

basedog
10-25-2015, 09:22 AM
I've got plenty of pride. I'm no ESPN sheep either. The uniform isn't for the fans. It is for the players and recruits. We don't have a great tradition so we need things like cool alternative uniforms to attract attention.

It's Coming!

State82
10-25-2015, 09:57 AM
I don't like the special black unis either. But if our players and the guys on the Clarion Ledger Dandy Dozen like them, I say bring 'em on. One game a year anyway, no more than that.

Dawgface
10-25-2015, 10:20 AM
I don't like the special black unis either. But if our players and the guys on the Clarion Ledger Dandy Dozen like them, I say bring 'em on. One game a year anyway, no more than that.

One a year is fine if that's what it takes to get some recruits to look our way. I admit, they didn't look that horrible. But I do want stay primarily with M&W as I think we will.

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 10:20 AM
I can't believe this shit is still being debated...

tcdog70
10-25-2015, 10:24 AM
Hell, I am an old Guy and I like the Black. We had plenty of Maroon to go with the Black.Can we quit whining and crying about uniforms? They Black was pretty cool. You can bet your ass Larry Templeton wouldn't have allowed black unis.