PDA

View Full Version : Fall Ball Breakdown: Starting pitching

MsStateBaseball
10-24-2015, 10:05 AM
This is what you want. All juniors in the rotation. Juniors Dakota Hudson, Austin Sexton, Daniel Brown and Moonlight Tatum are the starters. Brown and Tatum are left handed. Hudson is the flame thrower. He was consistently around 95 mph all fall. Sexton has a wicked change up that keeps batters guessing. Brown came on in the summer and really improved. He has a Lindgren like slider from the left side. Tatum throws in the low 90's and gets batters out.

Freshman Ethan Small was the most consistent newcomer starter in the fall. But lots of freshman will push for a starting role in the spring.

I would say mainly the 4 juniors will start on SEC weekends in the spring. Small or the other freshman need to be used in week day games to get them ready for postseason and 2017.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 10:07 AM
Hey man, not trying to be rude, because this seems like good info....but you may want to hold off til Monday to post these. With it being college football Gameday, they'll likely get little traffic today.

Do what u want. Just trying to help

MsStateBaseball
10-24-2015, 10:42 AM
This is the only time I have to do it. I expect people to comment to keep them up toward the top. I'm about to post on my Facebook but it will be more in depth.

Saltydog
10-24-2015, 10:45 AM
If Hudson is consistently hitting 95, he's picked up 3-4 mph on that fastball. Last year, after coming back from injury the previous year, he was only at 91-92. He may have occasionally been 93-94 but not consistently. He has to stay healthy for us to have a comeback year.

MsStateBaseball
10-24-2015, 11:06 AM
I believe the new coach will help him a great deal. He is in for a big year.

MsStateBaseball
10-24-2015, 11:07 AM
You should see my Facebook page, I have even more.