PDA

View Full Version : Kem D cleared to play today

Pinto
10-24-2015, 08:23 AM
Freeze is going to end up getting a player killed or seriously hurt. He sells his players out. I'd never let my kid play for a coach like him.

Tbonewannabe
10-24-2015, 08:26 AM
So is the Beaver trying to replicate Varsity Blues?

Spiderman
10-24-2015, 08:28 AM
If the Doc's cleared him, I'd play him too.

If he's ready, play him.

Jacksondevildog
10-24-2015, 08:35 AM
No excuses for them today. Amirite?

mcain31
10-24-2015, 08:37 AM
No excuses for them today. Amirite?

They'd better not lose today. They are honoring one of my marines at halftime today. This will be the first and hopefully only time that I will root for the University of Mississippi.

Statefan
10-24-2015, 08:40 AM
Freeze is going to end up getting a player killed or seriously hurt. He sells his players out. I'd never let my kid play for a coach like him.

If Dak had a concussion against LTech and was cleared to play by a doctor, you wouldn't want Mullen to play him....?

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 09:03 AM
I've asked multiple OM fans about Hugh playing RK on offense. Every single one of them said, "well Robert was the one wanting to play some RB. It's not like Hugh put him out there against his will"...or some version of that.

I bet the Offensive Linemen would love to play some QB too...doesn't make it a good idea, dipshits. All that told me was that the team runs themselves, Hugh has little control.

If Dak wanted to play linebacker a few snaps per game, I would want Dan fired if he allowed it and Dak got injured. That is beyond stupid.

Freeze is in a tough spot now though. On one hand, he'd probably like to sit RK this week regardless of clearance, Bc if he were to get another concussion today that looks real bad on Freeze. On the other hand, if RK sat today, Freeze would get crucified again for his stupid decision of playing him on offense and hurting their chances against A&M.

I feel 100% confident that RK would be sitting this week if they were playing Vandy, OOC, etc. Hugh better hope he doesn't get a second concussion today...I bet we never see RK on offense again.

msstate7
10-24-2015, 09:12 AM
No idea if this is true or not, but I read this on tRant...

Nkemdiche lost consciousness, meaning he had a grade 3 concussion. Him playing seven days later is absurd.

For reference, in Texas HS football a grade 3 concussion is an automatic 5 day rest until they are even eligible to practice and they are ineligible to play until at least 10 days later. In the NFL, no player has played the week after a grade 3 concussion in nearly three years.

This is absolutely a desperation need to win move.

aTm fan wrote this

msstate7
10-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Om concussion test...

http://s13.postimg.org/iat80jo6v/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Doc: yes, coach freeze, I held up 2 fingers and Robert nailed it. He's good to go. God healed him.

Freeze: I've been praying for Robert and knew God would heal him so we can slay that bunch of queers from Texas a&m. Doc, the only thing God hates more than queers is the NCAA trying to wreck God's work that I've done here for the ole miss football program and players like Richie brown and Leo Lewis forsaking God to practice Scientology under that pagan Mullen.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 09:27 AM
No idea if this is true or not, but I read this on tRant...

Nkemdiche lost consciousness, meaning he had a grade 3 concussion. Him playing seven days later is absurd.

For reference, in Texas HS football a grade 3 concussion is an automatic 5 day rest until they are even eligible to practice and they are ineligible to play until at least 10 days later. In the NFL, no player has played the week after a grade 3 concussion in nearly three years.

This is absolutely a desperation need to win move.

aTm fan wrote this

Wow, if true then he DOES have a grade 3, because Bjork said he was "knocked out " in his sissy boy letter to the newspaper. This is actually a really big deal. Check it out...

Ross Bjork

Director of athletics, University of Mississippi

After careful consideration, I feel compelled to express my disappointment in the way you reported the outcome of the Ole Miss vs. Memphis game, specifically, the way you dramatized a moment that affected a young man’s life with a grossly depicted image (“Smash Hit,” Oct. 18 article). Using an image of a student-athlete knocked out with a concussion is no way to sell newspapers.

The discussion around head injuries in sports is widespread, and we strive to be a leader for awareness and safety. In fact, we are hosting the “Neuroscience and Learning: Healing the Injured Brain” conference in Oxford this week.

Concussions and head injuries are extremely serious, and it’s unfortunate that you would use your platform to sensationalize them.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Om concussion test...

http://s13.postimg.org/iat80jo6v/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Doc: yes, coach freeze, I held up 2 fingers and Robert nailed it. He's good to go. God healed him.

Freeze: I've been praying for Robert and knew God would heal him so we can slay that bunch of queers from Texas a&m. Doc, the only thing God hates more than queers is the NCAA trying to wreck God's work that I've done here for the ole miss football program and players like Richie brown and Leo Lewis forsaking God to practice Scientology under that pagan Mullen.

That's funny

Fortunately, the concussion protocols are pretty standard and strict nowadays. I have no doubts that Kemchee was cleared by a DR after going through standard, legitimate concussion tests.

If Ole Miss has bypassed the standard concussion tests, they would be on the hook for a major law suit, and something equivalent to an NCAA violation

shoeless joe
10-24-2015, 09:32 AM
I've asked multiple OM fans about Hugh playing RK on offense. Every single one of them said, "well Robert was the one wanting to play some RB. It's not like Hugh put him out there against his will"...or some version of that.

I bet the Offensive Linemen would love to play some QB too...doesn't make it a good idea, dipshits. All that told me was that the team runs themselves, Hugh has little control.

If Dak wanted to play linebacker a few snaps per game, I would want Dan fired if he allowed it and Dak got injured. That is beyond stupid.

Freeze is in a tough spot now though. On one hand, he'd probably like to sit RK this week regardless of clearance, Bc if he were to get another concussion today that looks real bad on Freeze. On the other hand, if RK sat today, Freeze would get crucified again for his stupid decision of playing him on offense and hurting their chances against A&M.

I feel 100% confident that RK would be sitting this week if they were playing Vandy, OOC, etc. Hugh better hope he doesn't get a second concussion today...I bet we never see RK on offense again.

Every bear I've talked to said freeze was a complete dumbass for playing him on O. I agree with them.

shoeless joe
10-24-2015, 09:36 AM
Wow, if true then he DOES have a grade 3, because Bjork said he was "knocked out " in his sissy boy letter to the newspaper. This is actually a really big deal. Check it out...

Ross Bjork

Director of athletics, University of Mississippi

After careful consideration, I feel compelled to express my disappointment in the way you reported the outcome of the Ole Miss vs. Memphis game, specifically, the way you dramatized a moment that affected a young man?s life with a grossly depicted image (?Smash Hit,? Oct. 18 article). Using an image of a student-athlete knocked out with a concussion is no way to sell newspapers.

The discussion around head injuries in sports is widespread, and we strive to be a leader for awareness and safety. In fact, we are hosting the ?Neuroscience and Learning: Healing the Injured Brain? conference in Oxford this week.

Concussions and head injuries are extremely serious, and it?s unfortunate that you would use your platform to sensationalize them.

So, if true about a grade 3, that would mean either A: Umiss is playing him when he really doesn't need to be playing; or B: bjork over-dramatized, or to use his word sensationalized, Kim's injury to get his point across...

Either way I'm not surprised in the least.

msstate7
10-24-2015, 09:37 AM
That's funny

Fortunately, the concussion protocols are pretty standard and strict nowadays. I have no doubts that Kemchee was cleared by a DR after going through standard, legitimate concussion tests.

If Ole Miss has bypassed the standard concussion tests, they would be on the hook for a major law suit, and something equivalent to an NCAA violation

Yeah, most likely you're correct. I will say though that if Robert wanted to play that om would find a doctor willing to clear him.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2015, 09:38 AM
So, if true about a grade 3, that would mean either A: Umiss is playing him when he really doesn't need to be playing; or B: bjork over-dramatized, or to use his word sensationalized, Kim's injury to get his point across...

Either way I'm not surprised in the least.

Exactly

Coach007
10-24-2015, 09:55 AM
Well, ole miss chancellor was appointed by the sec in researching the matter. Dr Jones. Surely they know better.

SheltonChoked
10-24-2015, 10:50 AM
I hope our concussion protocol is more strict than UNM's then.

Coach34
10-24-2015, 10:59 AM
I hope our concussion protocol is more strict than UNM's then.

Tyler Russell sat for 3 weeks- it is

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Matt Wyatt and Richard Cross chastised a fan on the show who called in and expressed his concern about kimdouche playing on offense. He asked specifically about what if he gets hurt while freeze is trying to be cute. That was a few weeks ago. They both brushed him off like it was a stupid question saying if it works you keep doing it.