PDA

View Full Version : Royals win the pennant, Royals win the pennant. Great series against Toronto.

Saltydog
10-23-2015, 11:21 PM
KC scores a run in the bottom of the 8th to take a 4-3 lead (Cain scored from 1st on single, yes single). Top 9th, Toronto gets men on 2nd and 3rd with NO outs. Davis strikes out the next two and Donaldson grounds out to end it. Davis has got some nasty stuff.

engie
10-23-2015, 11:26 PM
And old school baseball beats sabr again... Hmmmmm....

Saltydog
10-23-2015, 11:39 PM
KC has done it the right way IMO. They haven't gone out and tried to buy a team like a lot of organizations with these high priced free agents. Their talent is organic and came up from within the KC organization.

Todd4State
10-24-2015, 12:17 AM
KC has done it the right way IMO. They haven't gone out and tried to buy a team like a lot of organizations with these high priced free agents. Their talent is organic and came up from within the KC organization.

Some of them like Gordon, Moustakas, and Hosmer really took their lumps in the Big Leagues and even got sent back to AAA. I remember watching them in St. Louis when they were all real young- I think it was 2011- in batting practice and they were putting on an absolute show in batting practice. The Cardinals veteran pitchers carved them up for the most part though. Their potential was very obvious even then.

They made some good trades to land Cain and Wade Davis among others.

They've also had some really big hits in the Latin market with Perez, and Ventura.

KB21
10-24-2015, 08:53 AM
Some of them like Gordon, Moustakas, and Hosmer really took their lumps in the Big Leagues and even got sent back to AAA. I remember watching them in St. Louis when they were all real young- I think it was 2011- in batting practice and they were putting on an absolute show in batting practice. The Cardinals veteran pitchers carved them up for the most part though. Their potential was very obvious even then.

They made some good trades to land Cain and Wade Davis among others.

They've also had some really big hits in the Latin market with Perez, and Ventura.

What's funny is the sabermetric community/clique all criticized KC's trade that netted them Wade Davis and John Shields. They couldn't believe the Royals would trade a top young prospect in Greg Myers for one year of Shields. Davis was considered a throw in at the time.

When they get Greg Holland back from injury, that bullpen is going to be unbelievable.