PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Freeze's fall from grace - recapping the events

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-27-2013, 08:05 AM
If I don't get in a anti-OM post before the end of the month I get ichy.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/?p=5964

sbcmortgageman
07-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Nice.

Political Hack
07-27-2013, 08:47 AM
the only stretch I see in the article is citing Yancy Porter as if he's somehow a credible talent scout. That's a HUGE stretch. The rest appears to be dead on. lol.

great read.

Drugdog
07-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Excellent work. I called OOB on Friday and discussed how Mullen Actually does something with his M36 foundation and does not bring a lot of attention BUT Freeze likes to TALK about it but does nothing. The ones who talk about it the most do it the least: the guy that tells you he is getting laid all the time.... Probably has Carpel tunnel syndrome.

O48 brought up a Great point while talking about this. He said MSU is letting its Actions speak, while UOM just speaks.

Big difference.

Pollodawg
07-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Pretty much spot on. The bears have always been all show and no stay.

FlabLoser
07-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Spot on.

K9 Avenger
07-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Now THAT was really good reading...great way to start the day! Thanks

Behrdawg
07-27-2013, 09:39 AM
The only talent Yancy knows how to scout is men in their banana hammocks on the beach and how much whitedust he can snort off it. Throw in a bottle of red wine and a xanax, too

War Machine Dawg
07-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Damn, that's gonna leave a mark. Bravo, sir!

Original48
07-27-2013, 11:30 AM
O48 brought up a Great point while talking about this. He said MSU is letting its Actions speak, while UOM just speaks.

Big difference.
To me..this faith war, recruiting, who's the better man...this is all perception vs reality. Ole Miss is good at building perception. I'm not sure the last time we've beaten Ole Miss in recruiting but I'm not sure the last time it mattered. I just look at the number of wins, players now in the pros, players we have on watch lists and the development of so called two and three star recruits under Mullen. And the Mullen Family 36 Foundation is another example of working under the radar. It started two years ago with the big kickoff this year. This is for the betterment of Mississippi's kids in need. It needs the proper attention and publicity for the benefit of the 36 underprivileged children's charities it serves. Sure their is an air of humility necessary when promoting philanthropic endeavors. Unfortunately, we seem to be the most humble there is. And I say "unfortunately" because I have a sneaky suspicion Ole Miss won't be too far behind in developing their own similar benevolent foundation in reaction to this and you can bet it will be trumpeted from the mountain tops and once again..be perceived as doing something.

Coach34
07-27-2013, 11:36 AM
To me..this faith war, recruiting, who's the better man...this is all perception vs reality. Ole Miss is good at building perception. I'm not sure the last time we've beaten Ole Miss in recruiting but I'm not sure the last time it mattered. I just look at the number of wins, players now in the pros, players we have on watch lists and the development of so called two and three star recruits under Mullen. And the Mullen Family 36 Foundation is another example of working under the radar. It started two years ago with the big kickoff this year. This is for the betterment of Mississippi's kids in need. It needs the proper attention and publicity for the benefit of the 36 underprivileged children's charities it serves. Sure their is an air of humility necessary when promoting philanthropic endeavors. Unfortunately, we seem to be the most humble there is. And I say "unfortunately" because I have a sneaky suspicion Ole Miss won't be too far behind in developing their own similar benevolent foundation in reaction to this and you can bet it will be trumpeted from the mountain tops and once again..be perceived as doing something.

Amen

Perceptions are about to change again once this season kicks off I have a feeling. You can't hide from on the field results.

Will James
07-27-2013, 11:42 AM
Just wait until they start 1-6.

The Croom Diaries
07-27-2013, 11:45 AM

Yes. People think I'm nuts for attacking the MSU media contingent (mostly on twitter), but they don't do anything to help us. I believe there was actually a press release by MSU for this foundation but they all sat on it. I did not see any of them discussing or writing any time of blog post or article mentioning it. I didn't know about it until I saw it here - it may have been you Original 48 who posted the link to the news site who had the story, so I got one of our "interns" at FWtCT to publish a quick article about it so people would know this is happening. Anyway my point is this is part of the reason I ride our media like a you know what. Our media relations department should be riding them too to get the positive messages out there.

Coach 57
07-27-2013, 11:59 AM
I am going to come at this from a religious angle again as before I am ANYTHING I am and display Christ like actions as best any fleshly man can.

Again let me preface this by saying I don't know if Dan is or isn't a Christian or whether I believe or don't believe Freeze is either. It is not MY job to judge those things as one day ALL will be judged by the ONE TRUE JUDGE.

1.) We who are in one accord with Christ are NOT supposed to boast. Ephesians 2:9 & 2 Corinthians 11:30 speak about this. The only one who truly knows is the ONLY one who matters.

2.) My favorite coach in CFB is Mark Richt because he understands #1 and lives that way. Now I respect and appreciate Dan. He is the HC of my beloved Maroons. And I (if some if you know from the past) have defended Dan and even Wilson in the past. I know what goes on on those recruiting trips to Oxford in Old Taylor Place right off the interstate. I know that is as far from Godly as it can get. But I also know that a coach can't control EVERYTHING! See A. Hernandez.

3.) I have said it before and will say it again. I have NO problem with Freeze using his faith to recruit. We as Christians are to be "fishers of men". Perhaps he is a "fisher" of high school young men. But telling a parent that another coach is an atheist (lie) JUST to get said kid to your school isn't right. But I will leave the space for the ONE TRUE JUDGE to claim recompense if there is a violation of His divine law. "Vengeance is mine thus sayeth the Lord."

Gen. Grant
07-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Great article. It's obvious that the evidence of his lies and deceit keeps mounting.

Pollodawg
07-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Hugh Freeze--Quotes Bible verses by day, looks the other way as OM boosters buy twat and blow for recruits by night.

Ronny
07-27-2013, 02:00 PM
..the end of July.

Now that were are beginning to learn of the true High Freeze, and are beginning to create a workable dossier on what a huge creep this guy really is, I think we can see a pattern emerging:

UP Oxford way, a whole bunch of more shit will be hitting the fan over the next 6 weeks.

Pollodawg
07-27-2013, 02:02 PM
I look at OM like this: You can hang chandeliers in the grove. You can wear Wal-Mart version Sperry topsiders to tailgates. You can wear a bow tie if you don't mind people thinking that you're the kinda man who sits down to piss. But, let's face it, I can drop $1,200 on a paint job for a piece of shit Corolla and buy a faux Lamborghini sticker for it, but it's still a piece of shit Corolla at the end of day. That's pretty much what you get out of Oxford.

Political Hack
07-27-2013, 02:17 PM
would be fun to see this story build instead of it just going away. All these small things add up and mean something, but the mainstream press won't care until they find out about a single, huge scandal.

msstate7
07-27-2013, 02:40 PM
would be fun to see this story build instead of it just going away. All these small things add up and mean something, but the mainstream press won't care until they find out about a single, huge scandal.

Like the alleged incident with the High school girl. I'm probably gonna be sued now.

MarketingBully01
07-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Great article and very true.