PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it has been mentioned but have t seen

dawgoneyall
10-23-2015, 09:54 PM
Any discussion of Mullen being A total ass to a lady asking about redmond's injury during the call in show

missouridawg
10-23-2015, 09:56 PM
Mullen?

Todd4State
10-23-2015, 10:05 PM
My thought- meh. Dan probably could have handled it better, but not a big deal. Typical oversensitive Mississippi.

mstatefan91
10-23-2015, 10:14 PM
What was said?

War Machine Dawg
10-23-2015, 10:18 PM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2015/10/23/dan-mullen-says-buy-a-ticket-if-you-want-to-ask-questions/

Here's a link to a good discussion and summary of it. I gotta say, I think Mullen crossed the line. It's one thing to say "We don't talk about injuries" and leave it at that. But he took it too far by saying buy a ticket and if you don't then you aren't a fan. Costs for a college football game are getting more and more prohibitive. The real fans are being priced out the way the NFL has done. And how does Mullen know the caller isn't a season ticket holder? It was a legit question based on reports from multiple media outlets.

Frankly, his Yankee asshole came out and he should be disciplined. It's as bad as the way Croom talked to our fans, so far as I'm concerned. Treat your own with respect or keep your damn mouth shut.

mstatefan91
10-23-2015, 10:33 PM
The last bit was unnecessary but boo hoo, get over it.

I'm sure Scott will tell him to keep it in check.

The truth is that Dan is probably more upset about this injury than any of us. Emotions make people say things they shouldn't. That's how I see it

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2015, 10:45 PM
Frankly, his Yankee asshole came out and he should be disciplined..

You can't be serious

BulldogBear
10-23-2015, 10:54 PM
Any given Saturday the vast majority of fans are NOT at the game. If he said that, then that was out of line.

mstatefan91
10-23-2015, 11:01 PM
Not an egregious enough offense where he should be disciplined. But it is enough for Scott and the administration to sit him down and tell him that it isn't appropriate and to think before he speaks out of frustration.

Now if it keeps happening then something has to be done but a one off remark made to a fan about an injury that was still heavy on his mind and an injury that got leaked big time by someone associated with the team and then announced on the radio... not the end of the world..

MaxedOutMaroon
10-23-2015, 11:05 PM
Frankly, his Yankee asshole came out and he should be disciplined.

Ha..... Hahahahaha.... In what way? "Let me see that wrist little Danny. Bad kid! Bad" lol cmon man!

mstatefan91
10-23-2015, 11:09 PM
Ha..... Hahahahaha.... In what way? "Let me see that wrist little Danny. Bad kid! Bad" lol cmon man!

Yeah there really isn't anything you can do to him for something like this, and there shouldn't be. It isn't a huge deal but does remind you that Dan can be an asshole. But we already knew that

War Machine Dawg
10-23-2015, 11:15 PM
The last bit was unnecessary but boo hoo, get over it.

I'm sure Scott will tell him to keep it in check.

The truth is that Dan is probably more upset about this injury than any of us. Emotions make people say things they shouldn't. That's how I see it

Not an egregious enough offense where he should be disciplined. But it is enough for Scott and the administration to sit him down and tell him that it isn't appropriate and to think before he speaks out of frustration.

Now if it keeps happening then something has to be done but a one off remark made to a fan about an injury that was still heavy on his mind and an injury that got leaked big time by someone associated with the team and then announced on the radio... not the end of the world..

He's being paid $4M to represent the school and the program. For that amount of cash, he can keep his emotions in check for an hour when dealing with fans. Especially considering he should have anticipated the question since Bo and the CL both reported it earlier that day. It's not like he got blindsided by someone with inside info. He took it too far, period.

And I'm actually going to agree with you, 91. That's really all I'd expect, at least right now, when I say he should be disciplined. Don't eat your own and insinuate they don't deserve answers if they don't/can't buy a ticket. All he had to do was stop at "we don't talk about injuries" but instead he made an intentional decision to lash out. Unacceptable.

HoopsDawg
10-23-2015, 11:18 PM
Dan doesn't talk about injuries, except when he does. He has been pretty inconsistent on this issue. I think he wanted to keep this under wraps until gameday b/c he didn't want UK to game plan for it. But he has to know this stuff leaks out. Better to just be upfront about it to stop the rumors and move on.

And yes, Dan can be a real asshole sometimes.

ckDOG
10-23-2015, 11:25 PM
My first thought is that he crossed the line. I'm sure this will be pointed out, he will acknowledge the mistake and apologize to the fan. I'm sure he gets annoyed by questions he doesn't want to answer but as was pointed out earlier, your $4M paycheck requires you have a high tolerance for bullshit from the media and joe and Jane bulldog fan.

mstatefan91
10-23-2015, 11:26 PM
He's being paid $4M to represent the school and the program. For that amount of cash, he can keep his emotions in check for an hour when dealing with fans. Especially considering he should have anticipated the question since Bo and the CL both reported it earlier that day. It's not like he got blindsided by someone with inside info. He took it too far, period.

And I'm actually going to agree with you, 91. That's really all I'd expect, at least right now, when I say he should be disciplined. Don't eat your own and insinuate they don't deserve answers if they don't/can't buy a ticket. All he had to do was stop at "we don't talk about injuries" but instead he made an intentional decision to lash out. Unacceptable.
I'm not arguing with you at all. Just giving my thoughts. If they're in line with yours then fine. If they aren't then fine. I wasn't targeting you with my posts. Just to be clear

You are right. It is on Dan to be professional. He represents the fan that he chose to lash out at. It was uncalled for, but it isn't some huge scandal that requires public comment from the administration. Now, it would be classy of Dan to apologize to said fan but I doubt that happens either.

Scott will address it and after tomorrow, we will never hear of it again (hopefully).

Liverpooldawg
10-23-2015, 11:29 PM
Oh good grief. We have one of the whiniest fan bases on the planet.

Todd4State
10-23-2015, 11:29 PM
Dan doesn't talk about injuries, except when he does. He has been pretty inconsistent on this issue. I think he wanted to keep this under wraps until gameday b/c he didn't want UK to game plan for it. But he has to know this stuff leaks out. Better to just be upfront about it to stop the rumors and move on.

And yes, Dan can be a real asshole sometimes.

Like UK isn't going to realize that Redmond isn't out there.

mstatefan91
10-23-2015, 11:31 PM
Like UK isn't going to realize that Redmond isn't out there.

Can Dak play corner? ***

Todd4State
10-23-2015, 11:34 PM

Dan has had a rough year in terms of ego. Literally everyone of his questionable personnel decisions have not gone the way he has wanted. And now we are seeing guys that some of the fans have said should start actually perform like Lee, Williams, Peters, Bryant, Jenkins, etc. it has to irk him somewhat. I'm pretty sure he wanted to teach Lee a lesson about missing curfew by basically sitting him all year, and now we're starting to get to the point of no return.

And as far as Redmond, I think Dan is mad about the injury because it occurred during practice and I think Dan realizes that we are going to have to be more aggressive to compensate which I don't think he wants to do.

Todd4State
10-23-2015, 11:34 PM
Can Dak play corner? ***

LOL. He's probably athletic enough to do it- I wouldn't totally put it past him.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2015, 11:35 PM
I'm pretty sure he wanted to teach Lee a lesson about missing curfew by basically sitting him all year

Really?

How did you convince yourself of this?

mstatefan91
10-23-2015, 11:36 PM
LOL. He's probably athletic enough to do it- I wouldn't totally put it past him.
Dak corner blitz every play. Will never fail

Todd4State
10-23-2015, 11:38 PM
Really?

How did you convince yourself of this?

He did it to PJ Jones a few years ago after he and his girlfriend got into trouble. The year of Cherrington.

With Dan you get in trouble, you get in the doghouse for a year.

Pollodawg
10-23-2015, 11:46 PM
There's no question that he took it a little far with the second comment. But it is what it is. He certainly doesn't deserve to be officially reprimanded for it. Scot just needs to sit him down privately, and tell him to cool it.

Pollodawg
10-23-2015, 11:51 PM
And, yeah, folks. It's well known Dan can be a bit of a jerk at times. That's not really a shocker.

Schultzy
10-23-2015, 11:56 PM

Agree, much ado about nothing, of course he's pissed about the injury.

sandwolf
10-24-2015, 12:47 AM

Haha, I'll be damned....I actually agree with Liverpool for once.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-24-2015, 12:50 AM

+1 but I give the lady credit for being informed enough on the status of the team to know what's going on.

bulldawg28
10-24-2015, 04:18 AM
+1 but I give the lady credit for being informed enough on the status of the team to know what's going on.

You make the exact point needed. It was already said everywhere for anyone that wanted to know. Why ask a stupid question that you already know the answer to just to say you asked it? Stupid questions get stupid responses.

RougeDawg
10-24-2015, 06:52 AM
He did it to PJ Jones a few years ago after he and his girlfriend got into trouble. The year of Cherrington.

With Dan you get in trouble, you get in the doghouse for a year.

There has to be something like this going on. No reason Lee, jones, JRob and some of our other better players sit out extended amounts of time for "discipline" unless Dan is unreasonable in this area. We are the only team in the SEC who sits our best guys until injuries sideline the upper classmen and the young ones "have to play" out of necessity.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 07:19 AM
Any given Saturday the vast majority of fans are NOT at the game. If he said that, then that was out of line.

Extremely out of line. Some of us can't make games anymore, but still send a nice check every year and wear our MSU gear everywhere we go.

dotcomdawg
10-24-2015, 07:38 AM
It's true, that was kind of an @$$hole thing to say. I like it when Dan is being an @$$hole. I think he ought to do it more often. This is football. Steve Spurrier is gone. He was always an @$$hole. The SEC needs Dan in @$$hole mode. I like Mad Dan way better than Joking Dan.

If he made more comments like that I would probably even take an hour out of my life and listen to the radio show.

We don't need a pseudo-preacher, phony nice guy for a coach. I'll take a dedicated, mean-ass, old-school football coach who wins football games and takes us to six bowl games in a row over the alternative every time.

Give me more of @$$hole Dan.

Any discussion of Mullen being A total ass to a lady asking about redmond's injury during the call in show

dotcomdawg
10-24-2015, 07:41 AM
We are the only team in the SEC who sits our best guys until injuries sideline the upper classmen and the young ones "have to play" out of necessity.

It seems to be working. Maybe he should "sit" more people more often.

Taog Redloh
10-24-2015, 07:57 AM
Has it ever occurred to anyone that perhaps Mullen was pissed off because his potential 1st round starting cornerback had just gone down for the season? These stupid journalists have NO CLUE about the ebbs and flows of actually PLAYING football, and the emotions that go with it.

Give him a break. Once again, Justin Strawn is an idiot, as is the woman who asked the question. The media is damn near worthless.

sbcmortgageman
10-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Dan can say what he wants. Who cares.

DancingRabbit
10-24-2015, 10:18 AM

Probably just applies to some of the vocal minority.

One week people are pissed because Dan's joking and smiling on the sideline. Next, people are pissed because Dan's yelling at Manny on the sideline.

Just hit a raw nerve. I'm sure Will is devastated and Dan feels for his situation just as much as he is worried about the impact on the team.

spudd21
10-24-2015, 10:34 AM
Personally, I don't want a nice football coach. I don't want nice players. I want the meanest, roughest dudes playing on that field. As for coaches, I want the same, no mercy.