PDA

View Full Version : SDS says 15 will bust tom??

Brando
10-23-2015, 07:03 PM
Saturday Down South has to be the dumbest site I have ever seen. They just put up their Boom or Bust and Dak is in the Bust side because they say KY defense is "deceptivly good"... REALLY??? I have always heard and seen where you guys have bashed them, but never really paid that much attention to it, until now. 17 them. I dont see Dak busting against KY tom.

Coach34
10-23-2015, 07:05 PM
Kentucky had 2 extra days to scout us- with our simplistic offense and lack of vertical stretch- I worry about us too

mstatefan91
10-23-2015, 07:12 PM
We will be fine. F*ck SDS

War Machine Dawg
10-23-2015, 07:47 PM
We're scoring under 20 points a game in 6 of our last 7 SEC games. The outlier is the Vandy blowout. And as C34 pointed out, UK has had 2 extra days to pick apart our "nothing deep" offense. We also all know that if he's healthy, Concrete Shoes will return tomorrow and get several carries. Might wanna reconsider making fun of SDS about this particular prediction. Because our offense has suuuuuuuucked for a full year now when we play against real defenses.

Saltydog
10-23-2015, 07:54 PM
the intermediate areas.....Our "air raid", as some here have suggested, is more of a "dink and dunk"......It would be different if we didn't have the kind of guys that could stretch the field and make plays down field.......

RichardHarrow
10-23-2015, 08:03 PM
I had to unfollow SDS on Twitter. It became a shit show revolving around their CEO traveling around SEC country in an RV. Although I'm highly jealous, it's not news. It's just a site using the SEC to try and generate revenue

TUSK
10-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Coach34, in your expert opinion, is 2 days of extra prep time really worth that much more???

better yet, how would you quantify the said 2 days in "points"?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-23-2015, 08:28 PM
We're scoring under 20 points a game in 6 of our last 7 SEC games. The outlier is the Vandy blowout. And as C34 pointed out, UK has had 2 extra days to pick apart our "nothing deep" offense. We also all know that if he's healthy, Concrete Shoes will return tomorrow and get several carries. Might wanna reconsider making fun of SDS about this particular prediction. Because our offense has suuuuuuuucked for a full year now when we play against real defenses.

So, we can spin scores from last year? Ok. In the last 12 games, Kentucky has given up 41 to LSU, 45 to po' ol' missippi schtate, 63 to Jawja, 50 to UT, 44 to Loserville, 33 to UL-L, 27 to Eastern Kentucky, and 30 to an Allbarn team we held to 9.

I'm not worried.

Dallas_Dawg
10-23-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm worried because we are ****ing soft. Period

Coach34
10-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Coach34, in your expert opinion, is 2 days of extra prep time really worth that much more???

better yet, how would you quantify the said 2 days in "points"?

Its huge.

Your D gets extra time to study tendencies and formations
Your players bodies get 2 extra days rest- usually making them stronger
Your staff is able to rest some mentally which allows them to think and coach better.
Extra film time allows you to study tips and physical tendencies of you're opponent

I'd say its worth at least 7. I'll be shocked if we cover the spread

defiantdog
10-23-2015, 08:34 PM
Saturday Down South has to be the dumbest site I have ever seen. They just put up their Boom or Bust and Dak is in the Bust side because they say KY defense is "deceptivly good"... REALLY??? I have always heard and seen where you guys have bashed them, but never really paid that much attention to it, until now. 17 them. I dont see Dak busting against KY tom.

I'm more worried about Jackson covering a slot receiver again

TUSK
10-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Its huge.

Your staff is able to rest some mentally which allows them to think and coach better.
Extra film time allows you to study tips and physical tendencies of you're opponent

I can dig that... what would you allow for a complete (bye) week? 14 to 21?

DownwardDawg
10-23-2015, 08:42 PM
So, we can spin scores from last year? Ok. In the last 12 games, Kentucky has given up 41 to LSU, 45 to po' ol' missippi schtate, 63 to Jawja, 50 to UT, 44 to Loserville, 33 to UL-L, 27 to Eastern Kentucky, and 30 to an Allbarn team we held to 9.

I'm not worried.

Ouch!!!

mstatefan91
10-23-2015, 08:44 PM

I'm not worried.

I think WMD just got owned.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2015, 08:46 PM
I can dig that... what would you allow for a complete (bye) week? 14 to 21?

Damn. If that's the case we gonna blow out Missouri. And to think I was a little concerned about that game.

Todd4State
10-23-2015, 08:54 PM
Per the stats, we rank ahead of UK in every major offensive AND defensive category. And we are at home.

It's more a question of if we come out like we did against Troy and if Dan gets his head out of his ass personnel wise.

Todd4State
10-23-2015, 08:55 PM
Its huge.

I might be mistaken, but it seems like our coach whomever it is whether it be Jackie, Croom, or Dan gives our guys the weekend off to go home.

Not sure what other coaches do.

Brando
10-23-2015, 09:02 PM
Now, they are sayiong this. I wish they would figure out what they are going to say?

Kentucky (at Mississippi State): Cats can’t stop Dak

I expect this to be a reasonably close game, but when things look equal on paper, I’m leaning toward the home team with the league’s best quarterback. Kentucky will get bowl eligible before the season is done, but the Wildcats just aren’t winning this one.

War Machine Dawg
10-23-2015, 09:46 PM

I'm not worried.

It's called a trend. It matters because we have the same coaches running the same scheme. I know that's an advanced concept for you. Granted, UK's D has been shitty. If I were in the prediction business, I'd say we put up some points tomorrow night. But you can't act like we've been good offensively when we've gone a full year without scoring 20 against an SEC team not named Vandy. Hell, I hope we hang half a hundred on UK tomorrow night. But I'm not going to make fun of someone for essentially saying our offense has sucked when the facts bear out our offense has indeed sucked in SEC play. We could change that by making a couple of simple adjustments, namely #FreeLee and taking a few deep shots. But do you actually think Mullen is going to make those changes 7 games into the season?

mstatefan91
10-23-2015, 09:53 PM
WMD defending SDS... a site that makes its money by being as obnoxious as possible.

War Machine Dawg
10-23-2015, 10:22 PM
WMD defending SDS... a site that makes its money by being as obnoxious as possible.

I can't stand SDS. They're professional trolls that I wish would go away. But they didn't say anything that we haven't said here, in this particular case. Hell, this whole thread is ridiculous. Can we move on to something relevant?

Percho
10-25-2015, 05:36 PM
Bump.

Just had to do it.

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 05:46 PM
F*ck SDS.

Just had to do it.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-25-2015, 05:56 PM
It's called a trend. It matters because we have the same coaches running the same scheme. I know that's an advanced concept for you

I forgot about this thread. Thanks for the bump Percho.

I think I demonstrated a pretty good example of a trend in my previous post. I will also leave you with these two trends.

Seven in a row against UK.
Eight of the last nine against UK.

Now go be chicken little somewhere else.

MSUDawg4Life
10-25-2015, 06:15 PM
Booger McFarland also said Dak wouldn't score a single touchdown. Not one ....

mstatefan91
10-25-2015, 06:25 PM
Well, Booger is an idiot. We already knew that.

Political Hack
10-26-2015, 08:20 AM
SDS was a bust. They know less about football than my son (who has about 6 games under his belt).