PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Patricia

Statecoachingblows**
10-23-2015, 06:34 PM
Hadn't seen it mentioned, may have missed it but Wow! 190mph,winds gonna get ugly. Any of you weather gurus know if it winds up in the gulf?

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2015, 06:38 PM
Hadn't seen it mentioned, may have missed it but Wow! 190mph,winds gonna get ugly. Any of you weather gurus know if it winds up in the gulf?

It will but dramatically weakened. The mountains of Mexico will rip it apart. We will get some rain from it early next week.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Silver lining....... We finally gonna get some rain.

ScoobaDawg
10-23-2015, 07:00 PM
It will but dramatically weakened. The mountains of Mexico will rip it apart. We will get some rain from it early next week.

Its something to be watched. there is a chance it ends up back in the gulf and redevelops. If this happens if could go anywhere on the gulf coast depends on whats going on in the gulf.

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2015, 07:05 PM
Its something to be watched. there is a chance it ends up back in the gulf and redevelops. If this happens if could go anywhere on the gulf coast depends on whats going on in the gulf.

True. I was basing that off latest model runs. Current thinking is it enters the Gulf and makes a second landfall around the TX/LA border. The further south and west you live the more rain. Also seen a couple hints and maybe a low end shot at severe weather hwy 82 south for Sunday night. Just something to watch.

ScoobaDawg
10-23-2015, 08:04 PM
True. I was basing that off latest model runs. Current thinking is it enters the Gulf and makes a second landfall around the TX/LA border. The further south and west you live the more rain. Also seen a couple hints and maybe a low end shot at severe weather hwy 82 south for Sunday night. Just something to watch.

Im watching it closely...not likely it ends up coming towards DFW but we are getting enough rain already from the energy peeling off it.

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Im watching it closely...not likely it ends up coming towards DFW but we are getting enough rain already from the energy peeling off it.

I know y'all need it. Got a friend that lives between their and Fort Worth.

RougeDawg
10-24-2015, 09:19 AM
It was made out to be more than it actually was for viewership reasons.

This one was no worse than Katrina. Katrina came ashore with 190-200 mph sustained winds. These were recorded at Kessler AFB and related to certain officials from the coast. These numbers were never "officially reported" because the insurance companies would not allow it and lobbied DC officials and national weather service to "downgrade" Katrina's "official wind speeds". Definitely some manipulation of these storm numbers when they hit the YS and its insurance company driven.

slickdawg
10-24-2015, 10:22 AM

This one was no worse than Katrina. Katrina came ashore with 190-200 mph sustained winds. These were recorded at Kessler AFB and related to certain officials from the coast. These numbers were never "officially reported" because the insurance companies would not allow it and lobbied DC officials and national weather service to "downgrade" Katrina's "official wind speeds". Definitely some manipulation of these storm numbers when they hit the YS and its insurance company driven.

This is simply not true.

dawgs
10-24-2015, 10:24 AM

Tin foil hat'd

sandwolf
10-24-2015, 03:18 PM

Dear Lord.

mstatefan91
10-24-2015, 03:33 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/have-you-seen-my-tin-foil-hat.jpg

DownwardDawg
10-24-2015, 03:39 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/ancient-aliens-guy/have-you-seen-my-tin-foil-hat.jpg

Hahahaha!!!!!!

dogshiek
10-24-2015, 03:43 PM
Hitting land mass between usa and panama.