PDA

View Full Version : Remember the pre-season monster that was GusChamp?

Leroy Jenkins
10-23-2015, 02:18 PM
The unstoppable combination of offensive and defensive masterminds. That was fun.

Bully13
10-23-2015, 02:25 PM
Yep..which is just another example of why when we freak out, we're not really thinking

missouridawg
10-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Pre-season, an Auburn colleague of mine made the proclaimation that they had the best offensive and defensive minds in football on the same staff and that Jeremy Johnson was going to be the #1 overall draft pick in next years' NFL draft. I have an MSU colleague witness to this conversation.

Needless to say, me and my MSU colleague text each other every weekend laughing at Auburn as they lose or almost lose every game they play.

What's even more amazing about this conversation is how it started... The Auburn grad used to be the AP writer for AU. The conversation started with me making a generalization about some schools (partcularly Ole Miss and Auburn) and how their media is always projecting them to be excellent, no matter what. How their media "wins the offseason" for the program. He starkly disagreed. But after watching the Jeremy Johnson for Heisman talk this year, I think my point is proven. Watching Jeremy Johnson for the 12 quarters he played this year showed that he likely won't even be a D1 QB next season. And any chatter about him being a Heisman was fabricated from a hype machine (such as the Auburn media). They sure as hell won the off-season though. Everyone penciled them in for Atlanta in July/August.

TUSK
10-23-2015, 02:40 PM
Pre-season, an Auburn colleague of mine made the proclaimation that they had the best offensive and defensive minds in football on the same staff and that Jeremy Johnson was going to be the #1 overall draft pick in next years' NFL draft. I have an MSU colleague witness to this conversation.

Needless to say, me and my MSU colleague text each other every weekend laughing at Auburn as they lose or almost lose every game they play.

What's even more amazing about this conversation is how it started... The Auburn grad used to be the AP writer for AU. The conversation started with me making a generalization about some schools (partcularly Ole Miss and Auburn) and how their media is always projecting them to be excellent, no matter what. How their media "wins the offseason" for the program. He starkly disagreed. But after watching the Jeremy Johnson for Heisman talk this year, I think my point is proven. Watching Jeremy Johnson for the 12 quarters he played this year showed that he likely won't even be a D1 QB next season. And any chatter about him being a Heisman was fabricated from a hype machine (such as the Auburn media). They sure as hell won the off-season though. Everyone penciled them in for Atlanta in July/August.

I got sucked in to the hype, MODawg... I believed AU would roll with JJ on offense and Muschamp would improve the Defense... I was completely wrong in the worst way possible...

Those cats are gonna struggle to get in a bowl and Bammer might beat em by 30....

I can't say I'm overly disappointed, though...

FISHDAWG
10-23-2015, 02:42 PM
I got sucked in to the hype, MODawg... I believed AU would roll with JJ on offense and Muschamp would improve the Defense... I was completely wrong in the worst way possible...

Those cats are gonna struggle to get in a bowl and Bammer might beat em by 30....

I can't say I'm overly disappointed, though...

I never bought into it and adamantly proclaimed through my old signature that we would beat them in their own house