PDA

View Full Version : Key MSU Questions: Wildcat Edition

BeastMan
10-23-2015, 11:22 AM
http://3rdand57.com/key-msu-questions-wildcat-week/

Cadaver and myself go back and forth discussing MSU football.

tcdog70
10-23-2015, 11:32 AM
key to winning--Knock PT's Dick in his watch pocket.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2015, 11:41 AM
key to winning--Knock PT's Dick in his watch pocket.

I'm betting we start out in our usual bend D...but if UK puts up a quick 7, we'll have no choice but to bring it. We can't afford to fall behind by 14 in this game. Time to buck that trend.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2015, 11:45 AM
I'd love to see how all you guys would answer those questions. Neither BeastMan nor I claim to be experts...FAR from it. So I can't speak for him, but I do it so it will spark up a good debate/discussion thread with you guys. I love getting into the details about the game in the day/hours leading up to it.

Feel free to copy & paste those questions into this thread and give your responses, or critique ours. Interested in the differing opinions. I'd really like to hear some of you guys give an X's & O's breakdown of how we game plan defensively to account for Redmond's loss....or if we just keep it the same with new personnel.

Anyway, fire away

FISHDAWG
10-23-2015, 11:59 AM
I agree on point # 1 .... the entire demeanor of the game changed when we got physical and started running at them on that drive .... good read again guys

CadaverDawg
10-23-2015, 12:19 PM
I agree on point # 1 .... the entire demeanor of the game changed when we got physical and started running at them on that drive .... good read again guys

Thanks FISH, what are your 3 keys to a W tomorrow?

Jack Lambert
10-23-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm betting we start out in our usual bend D...but if UK puts up a quick 7, we'll have no choice but to bring it. We can't afford to fall behind by 14 in this game. Time to buck that trend.

I think they march down the field but we hold them to a FG.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2015, 12:33 PM
I think they march down the field but we hold them to a FG.

Do you consider that a good or bad start on D?

I usually think a bad start is giving up points on the first drive...but the way we start, and the way Manny adjusts, makes me feel ok with giving up 3 I guess.

I just hate falling behind early to a lesser talented team. It gives them confidence on the road, and it makes it that much harder of a game to win at that point.

missouridawg
10-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Hey Cadaver? What are your 3 keys to catching me in vcash? Asking for a friend.

FISHDAWG
10-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Thanks FISH, what are your 3 keys to a W tomorrow?

1) Learn from our La Tech game and try to get physical on the ground early - you can always go back to the dink & dunk passes if you have to

2) I think this Kentucky team would be a good one for the bend but don't break thing because we haven't been very good at pressure ..(zone coverage to help with the loss of Redmond plus the lack of a pass rush)- they have some recvrs but only one decent RB and key on him inside the 10

3) avoid mental mistakes - turn overs, penalties, and most of all with this QB - no blown coverage down field

If we just allow them to - Kentucky will give us the game. I know that sounds stupid, but Kentucky can't close the deal on a close one

FISHDAWG
10-23-2015, 12:56 PM

wait on you to keep making $775K mistakes

CadaverDawg
10-23-2015, 12:56 PM

Haha

1-3) Pray