PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's Friday and here's what's up

BulldogBear
10-23-2015, 09:18 AM
1) I've turned 10 pity vcash into 75 in two weeks. I'm the man****** Bring on some more odds this week!

2) I want to find a restaurant tomorrow that has TVs you can really see that opens early for lunch. 10:30am would be great. 10:00 even better. I can migrate to the Ballroom in the Union during halftime of the early round of games. I've eaten at several of course, not all of which are still around. These days I tend to post up in the Ballroom and watch football all day, but I'm willing to try a new "schedule" and maybe some new grub and am no longer familiar with early lunch serving. I'm asking for suggestions/recommendations.

3) As much as we might not like it, I think we need to pull for the Beardsharks Saturday. You have to think of your own boys first and what puts us in ATL should we win out somehow. If we want to be sure to win any and all tiebreakers it means TAMU and LSU need three losses. Bama and Ole Miss are our "friends" because they already have a loss. Beating both would give us the nod over both of them even in a three way tie. The Aggies remaining SEC schedule is pathetic with home games against South Carolina and Auburn, games they are likely to win, and closing with road games at Vandy and LSU. If we are hoping for them to drop two more, one if them just about has to be in Oxford. Maybe one of the next three then topple them somehow. When it comes to LSU I'm thinking we would need the Ags to give them their third loss (if they're gonna lose three). We need a lot of help and really, we need Rebs to help us this week. One of Dores, Cocks, Tigers may upset them but two won't.

Dawgtini
10-23-2015, 09:28 AM
3. Yeah, I'm torn. If OMU wins it could help us. My only hope is if they lose I hope it puts them in a tail spin and they lose out in the SEC. Tough spot this week, next week will provide more clarity.

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Our boys are going to have to do it the hard way if it means I have to pull for TSUN to win. I just can't bring myself to do that. Maybe it was at the end of the season, but not with this many games left. A win by them tomorrow ups them in the bowl projections. Right now I want them last man out for the Birmingham bowl. Plus, they are hinging their turnaround on big softie being back. They lose tomorrow, and as Dawgtini says, the implosion may well begin in earnest. Right now they still hold out hopes of winning the west. Them losing tomorrow would take care of that little delusion once and for all.

FISHDAWG
10-23-2015, 10:00 AM
although it would make for some entertaining reading on TBUN ... we really need TSUN to be beat aTm and retain some measure of respect in the polls

DownwardDawg
10-23-2015, 10:02 AM
If I thought we had a chance, I would pull for them. We don't. I hope aTm wins 70-0.

DownwardDawg
10-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Our boys are going to have to do it the hard way if it means I have to pull for TSUN to win. I just can't bring myself to do that. Maybe it was at the end of the season, but not with this many games left. A win by them tomorrow ups them in the bowl projections. Right now I want them last man out for the Birmingham bowl. Plus, they are hinging their turnaround on big softie being back. They lose tomorrow, and as Dawgtini says, the implosion may well begin in earnest. Right now they still hold out hopes of winning the west. Them losing tomorrow would take care of that little delusion once and for all.

+1

Bully13
10-23-2015, 10:23 AM
If I thought we had a chance, I would pull for them. We don't. I hope aTm wins 70-0.

This x 100...

RC3
10-23-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm not pulling for ole miss just because our chances of winning the west would improve from a .02 chance to a .04. I want their program to be a compete dumpster fire.

RC3
10-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Oh and The Grill has lots of tvs

FISHDAWG
10-23-2015, 10:39 AM

it's not about winning the West - it's about upgrading bowls

LC Dawg
10-23-2015, 10:40 AM
2) I want to find a restaurant tomorrow that has TVs you can really see that opens early for lunch. 10:30am would be great. 10:00 even better. I can migrate to the Ballroom in the Union during halftime of the early round of games. I've eaten at several of course, not all of which are still around. These days I tend to post up in the Ballroom and watch football all day, but I'm willing to try a new "schedule" and maybe some new grub and am no longer familiar with early lunch serving. I'm asking for suggestions/recommendations.

I don't know anywhere that opens before 11:00 for lunch but an obvious choice for a lot of TVs is BWW and Rosey Baby used to have a TV with remote at every booth but I haven't been there in a while so I can't guarantee they still do.

BulldogBear
10-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Midday bump for more suggestions on #2

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2015, 01:04 PM
Haven't been in there but I'd assume BWW would have a lot of tv's. Little Dooey has a few tv's scattered around as does Applebee's.

BulldogBear
10-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Haven't been in there but I'd assume BWW would have a lot of tv's. Little Dooey has a few tv's scattered around as does Applebee's.

Can you or Ref give us a basic weather forecast? Seems like a Tshirt is gonna suffice.

Liverpooldawg
10-23-2015, 01:10 PM
I normally would be doing what you suggest Any chance we have left to go to Atlanta needs A&M and LSU to lose 3 times. If I thought it had any chance of happening I would hold my nose and pull for the Confederates. I just don't see that happen, esp to LSU. I think our long term interests would be better served if the Confederates suffered a total meltdown with their self proclaimed best team ever. That could easily happen if they lose this weekend. Gig'em Aggies.

BulldogBear
10-23-2015, 01:14 PM
I normally would be doing what you suggest Any chance we have left to go to Atlanta needs A&M and LSU to lose 3 times. If I thought it had any chance of happening I would hold my nose and pull for the Confederates. I just don't see that happen, esp to LSU. I think our long term interests would be better served if the Confederates suffered a total meltdown with the their self proclaimed best team ever. That could easily happen if they lose this weekend. Gig'em Aggies.

I'll try looking at it as a win-win of sorts. If we win and Ags lose were still alive for ATL. If Rebs lose then it's good because (1) Beardsharks lost (2) Rebels lost, and lastly (3) Ole Miss lost. Pbbbbbt.

ScoobaDawg
10-23-2015, 01:17 PM
Go invest your #1.... im putting bets up now.

Bully13
10-23-2015, 01:22 PM
it's not about winning the West - it's about upgrading bowls

You can't be serious

Thick
10-23-2015, 01:22 PM
I cannot pull for OM. Finish the season 9-3, 5-3 in the SEC, good bowl game, and win it. Finish 10-3 with a bowl victory, and that's a hell of a season considering what we lost, where we were predicted, and that's a damn good season! When is the last time the West was won by a 2 loss teams?

FISHDAWG
10-23-2015, 01:31 PM
You can't be serious

you think we can still win the west or are you just ok with a Liberty Bowl type of thing ?

DancingRabbit
10-23-2015, 01:35 PM
I'll pull for OM to win a game if that game directly impacts our chances to win the West. This game is not enough of a direct impact. Just not feeling it.

I'll pull for aTm to embarrass them. If OM wins I'll rationalize the outcome as possibly helping us with the tie-breakers.

MabenMaroon
10-23-2015, 01:42 PM
StaggerN opens @ 11, but they might start a tad early being game day.
Be sure and tip the wait staff when your done, that will help out some fathers in the long run ( my daughter works there )

Dawg Corps
10-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Yeah. Stagger is a pretty solid spot to watch games if you can get there early enough to get a good seat facing the bar. Food is pretty good and beer is pretty cheap.

BulldogBear
10-23-2015, 11:44 PM
Oh and The Grill has lots of tvs

Googl ing "the grill" in Starkville brings up and associates about a dozen places not all of which are even some type of "grill" in the title (Harveys for instance). Which are you referring to?

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2015, 11:50 PM
Googl ing "the grill" in Starkville brings up and associates about a dozen places not all of which are even some type of "grill" in the title (Harveys for instance). Which are you referring to?

Think the official name is central station grill. It's right by the railroad tracks and a big 4 way stop. Forgot which street that is. Jackson?

BulldogBear
10-23-2015, 11:58 PM
Think the official name is central station grill. It's right by the railroad tracks and a big 4 way stop. Forgot which street that is. Jackson?

I know that one then. Some search results also show an address for "the grill" which turns out to be Stager In. Still haven't decided where to sit for a spell.

shannondawg
10-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Just can't do it. Sorry. But if hell freezes over , I might consider it, but seriously doubt it.

Quaoarsking
10-24-2015, 09:02 AM
you think we can still win the west or are you just ok with a Liberty Bowl type of thing ?

Remember, the Liberty Bowl is decent now. We'll go there if we're 8-4, maybe 9-3 to play a Big 12 team like Oklahoma State

basedog
10-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Just can't do it. Sorry. But if hell freezes over , I might consider it, but seriously doubt it.

What if Stans becomes HC at TSUN one day? Btw, did u get my message on who I talked to (inside information) bout this year's basketball team? I may c him today.

PassInterference
10-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Gig 'em

shannondawg
10-24-2015, 10:04 AM
I got the message and it was well appreciated. Friendship can only go so far. I hope non of my kin ever get to be HC up there, as there would be a serious riff in the family.

What if Stans becomes HC at TSUN one day? Btw, did u get my message on who I talked to (inside information) bout this year's basketball team? I may c him today.

RC3
10-24-2015, 10:19 AM

That's the one I was referring to. Used to be the cotton district grill until it moved to its current location. Now stagger inn is in the old grill (or it might have a new name too)

basedog
10-24-2015, 11:08 AM
I got the message and it was well appreciated. Friendship can only go so far. I hope non of my kin ever get to be HC up there, as there would be a serious riff in the family.

I know exactly what you mean shannondawg, as I've told you I knew him from my junior year in H.S., we use to talk a bunch about basketball and other sports when I was coaching.

Hate to say this, but it looks like my youngest daughter soon to be enrolling in college next year got out recruited by TSUN, she loves Msu but Northern University did a much better job in answering questions about her major. To say I'm disappointed is a understatement but it's her choice. I told her to turn in her Msu stuff! May be a tough 4 years ahead for me.

Mutt the Hoople
10-24-2015, 12:28 PM
although it would make for some entertaining reading on TBUN ... we really need TSUN to be beat aTm and retain some measure of respect in the polls
Can't do that. When Ole Miss loses, the world is a better place. Just look at the last two weeks- Russian planes have destroyed ISIS's infrastructure in Syria, gas prices are down below $2.00/gallon ($1.77 where I live), and US Special Forces and Kurdish troops raided an Islamic prison in Iraq and freed 70 hostages.

For Hillary Clinton to get indicted and put in prison, a total Annhilation of Islamic forces in Iraq and Syria, and for gas to go below $1.00/gallon, Ole Miss needs to lose out the rest of the season

BulldogBear
10-24-2015, 12:32 PM
StaggerN opens @ 11, but they might start a tad early being game day.
Be sure and tip the wait staff when your done, that will help out some fathers in the long run ( my daughter works there )

Well I don't know if it was her but she got a good tip. I always tip well as I've waited tables before myself when my son was born. Everyone needs to do it for a few months at some point in their life. Definitely affect your perspective on wait staff.