PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile at Ole Miss tonight...

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2015, 10:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CR96JP2VAAA9SVd.jpg

cbrunt29
10-22-2015, 10:29 PM
HYDR

BeardoMSU
10-22-2015, 10:32 PM
It's worth pointing out, however, is that OM's faculty senate voted 45-1, I believe, to remove the state flag from campus.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2015, 10:34 PM
It's worth pointing out, however, is that OM's faculty senate voted 45-1, I believe, to remove the state flag from campus.

Good for them.

Coach34
10-22-2015, 10:36 PM

I dont think those are faculty members

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2015, 10:38 PM

So? Ours did it years ago. The fact remains that they attract this kind of stuff because they are Ole Miss. As long as they are Ole Miss that picture represents what they stand for. No vote can change that as long as that name remains. It reflects badly on the whole state, us included.

BeardoMSU
10-22-2015, 10:39 PM
I dont think those are faculty members

It says faculty senate.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/10/22/ole-miss-faculty-senate-takes-up-miss-flag-resolution/74417940/

DancingRabbit
10-22-2015, 10:39 PM
Flagship

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2015, 10:41 PM
So? Ours did it years ago. The fact remains that they attract this kind of stuff because they are Ole Miss. As long as they are Ole Miss that picture represents what they stand for. No vote can change that as long as that name remains. It reflects badly on the whole state, us included.

That being said for sports purposes it would be much better for us if they stay Ole Miss. The NCAA hates it if nothing else.

BeardoMSU
10-22-2015, 10:41 PM

I'm pretty sure there are places on our campus the state flag is still flown - ROTC building, maybe? Not sure.

I think "rebels" is worse than Ole Miss. As are the grey unis their teams wear from time to time. You're not deflecting those.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2015, 10:47 PM
I'm pretty sure there are places on our campus the state flag is still flown - ROTC building, maybe? Not sure.

I think "rebels" is worse than Ole Miss. As are the grey unis their teams wear from time to time. You're not deflecting those.

I haven't seen it on our campus in years, other than when displayed by color guards. My understanding is it hasn't been flown there other than color guards in years. That stopped his year. Why are you so hell bent on wanting to find it on our campus?

Political Hack
10-22-2015, 10:50 PM
"ole miss" is ten times worse than "rebels". It's not close. One is a slave based term, the other is a term meant for those who rebel or participate in a rebellion and could be applied to anything from Star Wars, to the confederacy, to the very existence of this country. Unfortunately for them they also have "ole miss," wear grey unis, shout "the south will rise again" at football games, play Dixie, hang nooses on statue of black men who should be icons of progress in MS, riot when Obama is elected, and have lovely photos like the one above taken on their campus on a fairly regular basis. So, I think we know what kind of "rebels" they are.

BeardoMSU
10-22-2015, 10:51 PM
Why are you so hell bent on wanting to find it on our campus?

How do you figure that?

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2015, 10:56 PM
S
"ole miss" is ten times worse than "rebels". It's not close. One is a slave based term, the other is a term meant for those who rebel or participate in a rebellion and could be applied to anything from Star Wars, to the confederacy, to the very existence of this country. Unfortunately for them they also have "ole miss," wear grey unis, shout "the south will rise again" at football games, play Dixie, hang nooses on statue of black men who should be icons of progress in MS, riot when Obama is elected, and have lovely photos like the one above taken on their campus on a fairly regular basis. So, I think we know what kind of "rebels" they are.
Yep

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2015, 10:58 PM
How do you figure that?

Well, your post kind of speaks for itself on that. You also pointed out that their faculty voted against it this year while neglecting to note ours did it years ago.

BeardoMSU
10-22-2015, 11:00 PM

Haha, I suppose that would be possible if not for everything else you just mentioned.

To me, and I'm not disagreeing with what you said above, having all your athletic teams named the "rebels" to honor the group of traitors, I mean "students", that fought against our country to perpetuate the enslavement of an entire race of people is pretty shameful. And what's even more pitiful are the countless, self-labeled, "progressive" OM fans that still refuse to acknowledge the connection between those two entities, the "confederacy" and the OM "rebels". There's no getting around it - that is where their team name came from. That is where the grey unis came from. That is where Dixie came from.

War Machine Dawg
10-22-2015, 11:04 PM
Why is this bullshit thread not on the political board? Y'all are ****ing ridiculous with this shit.
http://i.imgur.com/NTtmUO7.gif

BeardoMSU
10-22-2015, 11:04 PM
Well, your post kind of speaks for itself on that. You also pointed out that their faculty voted against it this year while neglecting to note ours did it years ago.

You're free to believe that, I suppose. I just want to make sure that the flag is NOT, in any circumstances, flown on our campus if we're gonna stick our chests out and talk shit about OM - I'd hope you'd want the same.

As far as the faculty vote, I just mentioned that as a current event (as in today), which seems appropriate.

DudyDawg
10-23-2015, 08:31 AM
I haven't seen it on our campus in years, other than when displayed by color guards. My understanding is it hasn't been flown there other than color guards in years. That stopped his year. Why are you so hell bent on wanting to find it on our campus?

It'll be on campus until the library is taken down or the building by the bus stop by McCool is taken down. Both have the flag built in them

Thick
10-23-2015, 09:06 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CR96JP2VAAA9SVd.jpg

I'm sorry, but that's some funny shit right there. Those reds just guzzled down some freaking Nattie Lights, maybe some shine, topped it off with some weed, and BAM, "let's defend our hairitige"!!