PDA

View Full Version : Gus walley

msstate7
10-22-2015, 08:57 PM
Is he good to go or what?

Todd4State
10-22-2015, 09:02 PM
Hell no. He probably still has nightmares of that guy.

Plus, we are not going to mortgage someone's career and life like another in state SEC school.

Homedawg
10-22-2015, 09:08 PM
That's not his first concussion since he's been here. I don't know how many more he can have before he calls it quits. And I'm not basing that off of inside info on this just saying

State82
10-22-2015, 09:28 PM
Plus, we are not going to mortgage someone's career and life like another in state SEC school.

I was just contemplating this exact line of thinking. What they are doing at the UNM, in every aspect of the athletic program, is disgusting.

Coach34
10-22-2015, 10:07 PM
If we dont start throwing some deep passes- we gonna have more of them with concussions

CadaverDawg
10-22-2015, 10:11 PM
If we dont start throwing some deep passes- we gonna have more of them with concussions

Yep. Dak lead Gus into 2 crushing blows, and got Dear lit up too on a pass in the flat. Gotta quit checking down EVERY play so Safeties won't be able to do that. Burn em deep a few times and that shit will stop.

DancingRabbit
10-22-2015, 10:24 PM
Yep. Dak lead Gus into 2 crushing blows, and got Dear lit up too on a pass in the flat. Gotta quit checking down EVERY play so Safeties won't be able to do that. Burn em deep a few times and that shit will stop.

Checking down had nothing to do with Gus getting lit up in the endzone. Dak just stared him down the whole time. Linebacker read it and got a running start.

To his credit, Dak doesn't stare down receivers much anymore, but he did on that play.

ETA - could have been a safety but I thought it was a LB that crushed Gus

Coach34
10-22-2015, 10:39 PM
Checking down had nothing to do with Gus getting lit up in the endzone. Dak just stared him down the whole time. Linebacker read it and got a running start.

To his credit, Dak doesn't stare down receivers much anymore, but he did on that play.

ETA - could have been a safety but I thought it was a LB that crushed Gus

yeah- it was the stare down in the end zone...safety got him. Ross and Bear are getting popped too. Because we check down so much- we arent getting room for YAC- just safeties unloading on receivers. Got the throw it deep just to show you will

Percho
10-22-2015, 10:45 PM
On the one in the end zone Dak could have walked for a first down and jogged for a TD.

Political Hack
10-22-2015, 10:53 PM
I wouldn't let my son keep playing if he had repeated concussions, especially in Gus's situation. He's not going to be an all pro NFL TE. It's not worth the risk personally.

Selfishly, I'd love to see him play again, but if he were mine it would be really hard to see him suit up again and risk that.

DancingRabbit
10-22-2015, 11:11 PM
yeah- it was the stare down in the end zone...safety got him. Ross and Bear are getting popped too. Because we check down so much- we arent getting room for YAC- just safeties unloading on receivers. Got the throw it deep just to show you will

I remembered it was a pretty big dude that hit Gus. Went back and looked at the play and it was #24 Nick Thomason, listed as a LB, 6-1 243 lbs.

All QBs get their guys lit up from time to time, it was just one of those days.

Todd4State
10-22-2015, 11:13 PM
On the one in the end zone Dak could have walked for a first down and jogged for a TD.

That was Dak's way of trying to get payback for the first hit on Gus- by throwing a TD pass to Gus so that he could celebrate in front of their fans. It didn't work out the way it was supposed to though.

Todd4State
10-22-2015, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't let my son keep playing if he had repeated concussions, especially in Gus's situation. He's not going to be an all pro NFL TE. It's not worth the risk personally.

Selfishly, I'd love to see him play again, but if he were mine it would be really hard to see him suit up again and risk that.

I'm the same way- Gus could certainly get a medical scholarship and still get his school paid for.

DancingRabbit
10-22-2015, 11:30 PM
If Dak had run, Malone would probably have been called for holding. Certainly there's a chance Dak could have made the 1st down, less chance for the TD. Assuming holding didn't get called.

Go to 39:20 on the youtube clock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFpCl9S60EI

sayit
10-23-2015, 11:10 AM
I remembered it was a pretty big dude that hit Gus. Went back and looked at the play and it was #24 Nick Thomason, listed as a LB, 6-1 243 lbs.

I was watching 24 after that play and he was pretty much a non-factor after that. He was the guy arriving late to every run and pass play, including one later in the same quarter where he tried to put a late pile-on lead-with-head-down hit on Bear and by the time he got there, Bear and the defender had rolled over and he did a head first plant of himself into the turf. Pretty funny.

MadDawg
10-23-2015, 11:28 AM
If Walley had caught the ball cleanly instead of bobbling it and still trying to pull it in when he was hit, he probably would have taken the hit better.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-23-2015, 12:08 PM

Completely agree. You will not be hearing the headline "concussions not as bad for you as once thought" anytime soon.

I can't believe RN is not sitting out a game. He looked like he was knocked out? Maybe I am wrong about that but I thought that means it is a pretty serious concussion.

ClawjoDawg
10-23-2015, 12:18 PM
Gotta quit checking down EVERY play

1700 yards worth of check downs? Comical!

Jack Lambert
10-23-2015, 12:24 PM
That's not his first concussion since he's been here. I don't know how many more he can have before he calls it quits. And I'm not basing that off of inside info on this just saying

How could it be a concussion? the Ref's said as much.