PDA

View Full Version : Will Redmond's career at MSU

Perpetual Underachiever
10-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Losing Redmond hurts on so many levels. He was an incredibly gifted athlete and a legitimate lock down corner. He had the tools and skills to be one of the best DB's to ever play for the Dawgs. We will not only be missing his lockdown ability, but also his leadership in the secondary and the entire defense. I hope and pray that he makes a full recovery and has a long $ucce$$ful career in the NFL.

Enough pillow talk... The main reason I started this thread is because I'm pissed off! After hearing the news I started thinking about Redmond's suspension, and what would've been had he not lost 18 games of his college career. Following the Tunsil saga I've learned a great deal about players receiving improper benefits and the corresponding punishments for these infractions. I've always known that Redmond got screwed, but it is just now sinking in that he got royally 17'd! From what I remember of the situation he should have received the same punishment as Gurley. I am forgetting something that made his situation that much worse?

I can only assume this was Bracky at his finest. ~I don't know Bracky personally so don't take what I'm about to say as an attack on him~ Bracky needs to take his Education degrees, get the 17 out of our compliance department, and go teach freshman English comp. He may have been qualified for the position 10 years ago, but he sure as hell is not now. I'm sick and tired of the apologetic, scared of the ncaa, reactive approach he's always taken. We need an attorney or ex-ncaa employee, with balls, to head compliance. There is too much money, post ESPN deal, to settle for this POS who has literally cost W's in several sports. We will never be a consistent contender as long as Bracky is in office. We need a cut-throat, unapologetic, proactive, bulldog of an attorney that will stand up to the NCAA and actually fight for Mississippi State University #FireBracky

Yeah, I'm a little upset about Redmond... I case you couldn't tell from that rant.

http://i.imgsafe.org/2ba10ed.jpg
http://i.imgsafe.org/2abfeaa.jpg

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2015, 01:18 PM
There was a coach involved with Redmond. If y'all want to get mad, get mad at the coach.

Perpetual Underachiever
10-22-2015, 01:34 PM
There was a coach involved with Redmond. If y'all want to get mad, get mad at the coach.

I realize there was a coach involved. So you're saying that Mirando's involvement is the reason Redmond's suspension was more than three times longer than that of players with similar infractions?

PassInterference
10-22-2015, 01:35 PM
A coach at Alabama directly gave money to one of their players, got caught, and then called it a "loan" which the player paid back. No suspension for anybody.

Bracky Brett and the NCAA committed a ****ing crime against Will Redmond. I don't care if it was the school president who was involved.

The Redmond suspension does not appear in the infractions report which spells out the 2 year probation and the penalties to the former coach. It wouldn't surprise me if Redmond's completely outrageous suspension is almost completely Bracky Brett's doing.

Name another player suspended for more than 17 games. You can't. You're telling me Redmond was the worst offender in history? Sheeaatttt...

Really Clark?
10-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Gurley's case is completely different than Redmonds. You can't compare those two suspensions they triggered several different bylaw violations.

Political Hack
10-22-2015, 02:27 PM
I've never heard of any other player that's ever been reinstated that's served a longer suspension. Be interesting to know if he's had the longest suspension in the history of NCAA football... for buying a wrecked car from an Ole Miss fan at $2,600 under blue book value.

sleepy dawg
10-22-2015, 03:01 PM
RC and LPD, your arguments are irrelevant to the fact that Redmond got screwed so hard. The comparisons are only partially relevant. The coach involved is irrelevant. IF Redmond was a bama player, a georgia player, an OM player, etc, etc, etc. the penalties would've been much less severe for Redmond (a few games max) and the reason is Bracky. Here's what I have to say to Bracky... For those who say bad language and name calling is childish, now would be the time to stop reading.

F*ck you Bracky, your wife, and your whole family. Just go away. Go home or anywhere else, but just leave. I've never hated any player or staff member we've ever had except for Bracky. Not Croom, not Ray, not Redmond, not Mirando, nobody, just you. You have no idea what you are doing. Croom is closer to the greatest coach of all time than you are to having any semblance of good compliance officer. We would've been better off without even having a compliance person and just being fully exposed to the NCAA. You've made every situation worse than it could've possibly been. And to anyone that defends this guy, f*ck you too. He is not part of the M State family. He's a sellout. He'll throw any of our players under the bus and ruin their career because he has no clue what he's doing. **** YOU!

Percho
10-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Is a former coach of OM directly involved with the benefits received by Tunsil of which he received a 7 game suspension?

Really Clark?
10-22-2015, 03:42 PM
RC and LPD, your arguments are irrelevant to the fact that Redmond got screwed so hard. The comparisons are only partially relevant. The coach involved is irrelevant. IF Redmond was a bama player, a georgia player, an OM player, etc, etc, etc. the penalties would've been much less severe for Redmond (a few games max) and the reason is Bracky. Here's what I have to say to Bracky... For those who say bad language and name calling is childish, now would be the time to stop reading.

F*ck you Bracky, your wife, and your whole family. Just go away. Go home or anywhere else, but just leave. I've never hated any player or staff member we've ever had except for Bracky. Not Croom, not Ray, not Redmond, not Mirando, nobody, just you. You have no idea what you are doing. Croom is closer to the greatest coach of all time than you are to having any semblance of good compliance officer. We would've been better off without even having a compliance person and just being fully exposed to the NCAA. You've made every situation worse than it could've possibly been. And to anyone that defends this guy, f*ck you too. He is not part of the M State family. He's a sellout. He'll throw any of our players under the bus and ruin their career because he has no clue what he's doing. **** YOU!

I made absolutely no argument whether Redmond got screwed or not. I didn't comment on any of that. But you can't site the Gurley case for a comparison of the violation or punishment.

Perpetual Underachiever
10-22-2015, 03:44 PM
Gurley's case is completely different than Redmonds. You can't compare those two suspensions they triggered several different bylaw violations.

Your response makes me want to scream,"Really Clark?!?" Obviously the situations were very different, but the monetary value of the improper benefits is very close. I would reference a case more similar to Redmond's but there isn't one. The NCAA only put a 1 year show-cause order on Coach Mirando, yet the teenager that simply went along with coaches plan lost 1 and 1/2 years of his college career. An unprecedented suspension for a somewhat minor infraction by Redmond. I agree with PassInterference, this suspension was 100% Bracky cowering to, and trying to impress the NCAA. Bracky is a little bitch that has never, nor will he ever fight for MSU.

Sleepy Dawg gets it.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Is a former coach of OM directly involved with the benefits received by Tunsil of which he received a 7 game suspension?

Not sure, but what would that have to do with Tunsil's suspension?

If coaches are involved, that is reflected in the school getting probation, not a player being suspended. A player's suspension should/is based on what the player did, not what a coach did.

Now, unlike Gurley & like Tunsil, Redmond lied to the NCAA, which, for some reason, led to more suspension for Redmond but not for Tunsil.

Did we send Redmond in to speak to the NCAA without an attorney?

Really Clark?
10-22-2015, 04:40 PM
Your response makes me want to scream,"Really Clark?!?" Obviously the situations were very different, but the monetary value of the improper benefits is very close. I would reference a case more similar to Redmond's but there isn't one. The NCAA only put a 1 year show-cause order on Coach Mirando, yet the teenager that simply went along with coaches plan lost 1 and 1/2 years of his college career. An unprecedented suspension for a somewhat minor infraction by Redmond. I agree with PassInterference, this suspension was 100% Bracky cowering to, and trying to impress the NCAA. Bracky is a little bitch that has never, nor will he ever fight for MSU.

Sleepy Dawg gets it.

Yeah you are missing a lot of things in the case. And while they both have monetary components, the by-laws associated with the violations were different as were the punishments that go along with the violations. Gurley is not even in the major fractions database. Our case is. Gurley sold stuff to third parties that had no affiliations to the university. That was strickly an eligibility and improper benefit case with an individual student athlete. That has a more definite monetary punishment scale. Recruiting benefits monetary issue is open ended and read the amounts we are talking about in our report. Not to mention the lying to investigators. Gurley didn't do that either. Remember Dez Bryant missed a year for no violations other than lying to investigators for the most part.

https://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/miSearch?miSearchSubmit=publicReport&key=838&publicTerms=THIS%20PHRASE%20WILL%20NOT%20BE%20REPE ATED

Read our case and you will see it is so different that you should not even tried to compare. Even the monetary part is dealt with differently. All that being said, I didn't offer any type of an opinion on Redmond's suspension. Don't know why either of you have taken what I have posted as any sort of defense of what our compliance did or didn't do. But if you are going to site cases at least find one some what comparable. Like Oliver at Miami a few years ago, he received around $1,200 and missed 6 games, two other players missed 4 games for $700+, etc.

tireddawg
10-22-2015, 04:58 PM
I made absolutely no argument whether Redmond got screwed or not. I didn't comment on any of that. But you can't site the Gurley case for a comparison of the violation or punishment.

We can site whatever gotdamn case we wanna site & u don't have to 17'n like it.***
Thought I'd stay with theme of the thread...

Really Clark?
10-22-2015, 05:06 PM
We can site whatever gotdamn case we wanna site & u don't have to 17'n like it.***
Thought I'd stay with theme of the thread...

Ha. I appreciate that. I guess it sort of like the UNM people trying to make the same comparisons with Tunsil and how much time he should miss with Gurley. Totally different circumstances that effects the punishment. And that does not even get into how the NCAA is way too arbitrary with punishments at times. And I know people say the big boys never get hit but then the USC case was very harsh when the actual findings came out. OSU wouldn't have had nearly their problems if it wasn't for the lies and cover up's but agains we have seen worse overlooked.