PDA

View Full Version : Where does Don Mattingly end up?

Tbonewannabe
10-22-2015, 12:12 PM
He was my favorite player when I was young.

Mjoelner34
10-22-2015, 12:22 PM
Mattingly, Gruden and Phil Jackson to Ole Miss in a package deal.

RoverDog
10-22-2015, 12:24 PM
Mine too. Hope he ends up in pinstripes again. I never understood bringing Girardi in when Donnie Baseball was the bench coach under Torre. Nothing against Girardi, just never cared for him that much and don't see why he's so highly regarded as a manager.

Dawgbite
10-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Isn't it obvious? Pitching Coach at MSU!

BrunswickDawg
10-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Mine too. Hope he ends up in pinstripes again. I never understood bringing Girardi in when Donnie Baseball was the bench coach under Torre. Nothing against Girardi, just never cared for him that much and don't see why he's so highly regarded as a manager.

I think Mattingly will have a similar career path to Torre too. He had a team that had some tools that he made productive in spite of themselves and ownership spending and trading dumb - like Torre had in Atlanta. I think he holds out and looks for a team with a better front office. I'd love to see him in Atlanta, if they ever get smart enough to move on from Fredi.

DudyDawg
10-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Lot of buzz about the marlins being interested.

Really Clark?
10-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Marlins and Nationals have been listed as both having interest. Marlins may be even hotter but the Nats had already interviewed his bench coach.

Bubb Rubb
10-22-2015, 01:40 PM
Marlins and Nationals have been listed as both having interest. Marlins may be even hotter but the Nats had already interviewed his bench coach.

I think the Nats are going to go Bud Black or Dusty Baker.

I think you can all but guarantee that Mattingly will be a Marlin.

shoeless joe
10-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Donnie baseball is a dang good coach. Bad move by the dodgers IMO.

Really Clark?
10-22-2015, 01:47 PM
I think the Nats are going to go Bud Black or Dusty Baker.

I think you can all but guarantee that Mattingly will be a Marlin.

Maybe, but they still are in preliminary interviews and they had expressed interest prior to this. I think they are to interview Gardenhire today as well.

War Machine Dawg
10-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Atlanta. The three Johns are finally getting rid of Fredi.**********

Seriously though, I'm not at all impressed with Mattingly. Lots of other managers I'd rather have. He won one f'n playoff game with Kershaw, Greinke, Gonzalez, Puig, etc. Talk about an underachiever.

Bubb Rubb
10-22-2015, 03:31 PM

Seriously though, I'm not at all impressed with Mattingly. Lots of other managers I'd rather have. He won one f'n playoff game with Kershaw, Greinke, Gonzalez, Puig, etc. Talk about an underachiever.

I'm not impressed either. Very Matt Williams-esque in his ability to motivate his players, and his tactical decisions are interesting at times. He's probably better off as a hitting or an infield coach, but I'm sure he wouldn't be satisfied in a role like that.

thunderclap
10-22-2015, 05:01 PM

He'd fit right in with Atlanta's playoff history.

Tbonewannabe
10-22-2015, 05:23 PM
He just needs to grow his stache out. It is like Samson's hair. His power is in the stache.

blacklistedbully
10-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Mattingly, Gruden and Phil Jackson to Ole Miss in a package deal.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mjoelner again.