PDA

View Full Version : Bama query for the new board - Will they 3-peat? Why or why not?

TUSK
07-26-2013, 04:29 PM
The schedule is ideal with open dates prior to their games at A&M and LSU at home... Bama could be double digit favorites in all the other games.

The offense should score more... and the defense will be solid...

Anybody see a "trap" game on the slate?

discuss (if ya want...)

Coach34
07-26-2013, 04:48 PM
You have to like their chances. Schedule is perfect. Only chance I see of them losing to SC or Georgia in the SEC title game

Political Hack
07-26-2013, 04:54 PM
No, because that 3-4 will have a difficult time matching up with UGA's offense in the SECCG.

Todd4State
07-26-2013, 05:03 PM
Yes, they have experience and lots of it in championship type settings. And you know Saban has spent every waking second figuring out how to stop those hurry up offenses.

Since this is a MSU board- I'll say this- I think we give them a pretty tough game this year in Starkville.

Dawg61
07-26-2013, 05:16 PM
No. I just have a gut feeling the NC winner is coming out of the East side this year between USC, Georgia or Florida. The West side has been dominating for awhile and I think the power switches to the East.

FlabLoser
07-26-2013, 05:43 PM
Flab's calculator says Roll Tide.

gravedigger
07-26-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm saying no. But against my gut.

Reasons:

They still play in the toughest conference in the country and that gives them more opportunity to slip up at the wrong time.
They graduated some key leadership that I think will be tough to replace. I'm not talking talent.
The a&m game is trap and the LSU game is trap.
No matter how talented you are, luck plays a part.
The national media would LOVE to see someone knock them off. LSU and A&M have the ability. Open dates before those games aren't nearly an advantage unless they are used to heal an injury.
Hunger vs entitlement. Bama has every reason to feel entitled to win it all again and there is plenty of empirical reasons to justify it. But hunger is a driving force that they may lack because of feeling entitled.

That said, it's like betting against Tiger......it might be a good bet, but the guy is unmistakably the most talented golfer ever.

SignalToNoise
07-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Right now it is too hard for me to bet against Bama so I think the 3-peat can happen. Right now aTm is all in a lather thinking they will win that game to win the West, but I say no way in hell Saban loses two years in a row to them.

Like others are saying, the biggest threat is losing to UGA in the SECCG.

MSUDawg4Life
07-26-2013, 06:15 PM
No. I just have a gut feeling the NC winner is coming out of the East side this year between USC, Georgia or Florida. The West side has been dominating for awhile and I think the power switches to the East.

Interesting.

I do think those three teams will be strong, but I don't think either of them can beat Bama.

I see Ohio State meeting Bama in the NC game and, once again, Tide rolls.

Pollodawg
07-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Does anyone else think this might be the first season without an SEC team in the championship game since Texas and USC met back in 2005 I think

Coach34
07-26-2013, 07:55 PM
No- I think Bama or the East winner plays for the title

Rick Danko
07-26-2013, 08:00 PM
**** Bama, that is all
Jealousy is what it is

*****sorry mods***

DownwardDawg
07-26-2013, 08:32 PM
14-0
3-peat

AROB44
07-27-2013, 07:37 AM
**** Bama, that is all
Jealousy is what it is

*****sorry mods***

+1 and the horse they rode in on.

TUSK
07-27-2013, 09:55 AM
I think UGA will certainly have more success than most offenses will in '13... but they're not gonna to "light up" Bama's Defense...

And even if they manage to score 3 or 4 times, my feeling is Bama's offense can outscore them.

Let's not forget that Bama plowed UGA into the ground last December.

I seen it dawg
07-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Plowed into the ground? Wasn't Georgia one or 2 plays away from dismantling Notre Dame in title game?

Coach34
07-27-2013, 10:23 AM
Plowed into the ground?

"Plowed into the ground" is a good example of why Bama claims 27 National Titles in football. Georgia was 10 more seconds away from beating Bama

TUSK
07-27-2013, 11:45 AM
"Plowed into the ground" is a good example of why Bama claims 27 National Titles in football. Georgia was 10 more seconds away from beating Bama

UGA only needed a few more seconds, and they likely would have won the NC... They did a good job making some big plays and their offense did manage 3 TDs against the Tide.

we may just have different definitions of "Plowed into the ground"... I would submit that 350 yards rushing, 7 YPC, TOP of 38 mins, and two RBs over 100 qualifies as such, especially in a championship game. Heck, in the 2nd half, Ogletree and Jones were running FROM Eddie Lacy instead of trying to tackle him.

TUSK
07-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Plowed into the ground? Wasn't Georgia one or 2 plays away from dismantling Notre Dame in title game?

yes.... and yes.

Todd4State
07-27-2013, 11:49 AM
If that WR for Georgia had let that pass fall to the ground instead of catching it and letting the clock run out- it would have been interesting to see what would have happened.

TUSK
07-27-2013, 11:53 AM
If he doesn't catch that ball and the clock stops... I'm turning off the TV and mixing another drink, Todd... you're right.

Political Hack
07-27-2013, 12:17 PM
I think UGA will certainly have more success than most offenses will in '13... but they're not gonna to "light up" Bama's Defense...

And even if they manage to score 3 or 4 times, my feeling is Bama's offense can outscore them.

Let's not forget that Bama plowed UGA into the ground last December.

no doubt about that, but UGA picked up an All-SEC type SS that's going to crowd the box. Breaking those long runs will be a little more difficult against them this year. Amari Cooper over the top is Bama's biggest threat to UGA, and it's not because he can beat his man in one-on-one, it's because he can beat his man and the FS. Norwood is also drastically underrated and is a clutch WR when they need 1st downs. I think they can control the run so what this year with the front 7 and the SS, but they'll still be susceptible to the big play in the passing game. Hard not to be when you're playing against a great running team though.

Murray is going to finish his career as the SEC's all time leading passer. With their RBs, TEs, and him throwing the ball, that offense will by far be the best Bama sees all year.

TUSK
07-27-2013, 12:29 PM
Strong, knowledgeable post. +1

The Bama WR corps is the best group they've ever had IMO... literally 2 deep with starting material.

I look for AJ to have a pretty good year due to that... the run game, of course, takes a load off him...

MarketingBully01
07-27-2013, 06:27 PM
I think Alabama repeats if they don't have any key injuries. The OL is key and even though your OL is still talented there is a drop off of last year. Alabama still is head and shoulders above anyone else in the league but lose A.J. McCaron to injury and the Tide is a bit more vulnerable.

Will James
07-27-2013, 06:35 PM
It's UGA and ALA that the championship is between. ATL will decide.