PDA

View Full Version : Surprised not to see this discussed here from the Kang

JoseBrown
10-21-2015, 08:41 PM
Surprised not to see this discussed here from the Kang's Coach Speak article on bulldawgs247; although, I have seen the same discussed here once or twice...

"Now, when I discuss more positives this season, I really like the Malik Dear kid and he is very, very talented. I would be tempted to put him at running back to get him the ball as much as possible. I'm not the coach but watching him in the open field and seeing his explosion, I like him at running back or finding other ways to get him the ball as much as possible."

Thick
10-21-2015, 08:46 PM
KANG!!!

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 09:38 PM
Why put a guy like Dear at RB when we have a guy sporting a pair of these sweet concrete boots at that position already..

https://33.media.tumblr.com/da570cc98409eee7654fc3b9c3b6d626/tumblr_mzaqtgJW7N1qecbloo1_400.gif

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2015, 09:41 PM
I mentioned it post game last weekend.

If we insist on playing Holloway, he and Dear would both be better suited switching positions.

Tbonewannabe
10-21-2015, 09:43 PM
The Kang is just like the rest of us. You see a guy averaging double the yards per carry or someone actually explosive and figure they should have more touches. Anybody saying it is due to blocking for Dak hasn't watched Holloway do his impersonation of a speed bump.

LC Dawg
10-21-2015, 09:45 PM
That can't be Jackie. He would have said 22 looks good.

Tbonewannabe
10-21-2015, 09:46 PM
I mentioned it post game last weekend.

If we insist on playing Holloway, he and Dear would both be better suited switching positions.

The problem with that is Holloway doesn't seem to have the hands to play as a WR. He was at the slot but couldn't catch. They moved him to RB because he is explosive and that is the way to get him the ball.

Todd4State
10-22-2015, 02:15 AM
The Kang is just like the rest of us. You see a guy averaging double the yards per carry or someone actually explosive and figure they should have more touches. Anybody saying it is due to blocking for Dak hasn't watched Holloway do his impersonation of a speed bump.

In Dan's head Dear is a slot WR. To me, he should be used as an athlete as both a RB and a slot WR- with emphasis no RB with this team. It's always good to hear the same thing from someone with legit football cred like Jackie.

Holloway is by far our worst blocking RB- which is part of the reason the narrative as to why Lee/Williams don't start changes every week. This week, they "fumble too much". It's hilarious. When you factor in all aspects of what a RB does, Holloway is probably the worst back we have because he has trouble catching the ball and can't block.

Todd4State
10-22-2015, 02:17 AM
The problem with that is Holloway doesn't seem to have the hands to play as a WR. He was at the slot but couldn't catch. They moved him to RB because he is explosive and that is the way to get him the ball.

I thought we tried Holloway as an outside WR and he was awful. I remember against Texas A&M in 2013 he was wide open and Tyler or Dak made a perfect pass that went right through his hands. It could have been slot. We moved him to RB because he can't catch the ball- and he still can't. Dak has to float it to him for him to even have a chance.

Holloway should be a KR guy and that's about it.

Todd4State
10-22-2015, 02:21 AM
And another thing about Jackie- I guarantee you Jackie would probably use Aeris and Lee as a tandem and probably mix in Dear. Part of our problem is Dan wants a "feature back" when to me the best thing to do in this running back meat grinder era is to have a two back system unless you have someone like Fournette or Adrian Peterson that is an absolute beast.

Dan's insistence on the feature back is probably part of the reason why Dear isn't moving to RB.

Dawgtini
10-22-2015, 07:21 AM
In Dan's head Dear is a slot WR. To me, he should be used as an athlete as both a RB and a slot WR- with emphasis no RB with this team. It's always good to hear the same thing from someone with legit football cred like Jackie.

Holloway is by far our worst blocking RB- which is part of the reason the narrative as to why Lee/Williams don't start changes every week. This week, they "fumble too much". It's hilarious. When you factor in all aspects of what a RB does, Holloway is probably the worst back we have because he has trouble catching the ball and can't block.
The "narrative" changes because it is all pure speculation from people who want to see something different. To my knowledge Dan has not said anything other than they are learning and getting better each week.

msstate7
10-22-2015, 07:26 AM
I have no problem using dear in the slot. I would like to get packages with dear at rb too. Dear is a big time athlete that shouldn't be locked in to 1 position IMO

PassInterference
10-22-2015, 07:26 AM
Sherrill doesn't like freshmen RBs. He didn't play frosh Norwood much.

Dallas_Dawg
10-22-2015, 08:48 AM
Sherrill doesn't like freshmen RBs. He didn't play frosh Norwood much.
That was because freshman Nick Turner started and was better than Norwood

blacklistedbully
10-22-2015, 11:05 AM

Did y'all notice Holloway's pass protection (or lack thereof) on the play that tied the La Tech game at 17? Holloway was out in front of Dak with inside position on the rollout left. A defender was coming after Dak from the inside, and Holloway did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! He literally let the defender run right by him, straight to Dak.

Really pissed me off. I swear, I think he was scared to engage the defender.

FISHDAWG
10-22-2015, 11:08 AM
Did y'all notice Holloway's pass protection (or lack thereof) on the play that tied the La Tech game at 17? Holloway was out in front of Dak with inside position on the rollout left. A defender was coming after Dak from the inside, and Holloway did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! He literally let the defender run right by him, straight to Dak.

Really pissed me off. I swear, I think he was scared to engage the defender.

I get you but in the end it all boils down to Physics .... mass x velocity = too much energy for small player to stop ... still, the player is expected to try, or at least impede

blacklistedbully
10-22-2015, 11:28 AM
I get you but in the end it all boils down to Physics .... mass x velocity = too much energy for small player to stop ... still, the player is expected to try, or at least impede

1) I believe the defender was a DB
2) As you said, at least try and at least impede. Impeding just a little can often help. Hell, speed bumps cause me to drive more slowly. He was less than a speed bump.