PDA

View Full Version : Anybody just listening to Finebaum & Spears on Freeze?

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 03:39 PM
They played his presser from this week, and Freeze said "on 5 occasions we made the perfect call, and the play wasn't executed". Then he said, "when the right calls are being made, you have to get off the field".

Spears and Finebaum then said that wasn't a great look and Freeze was saying it was a player issue, which they both made faces like it was a shady thing for Freeze to do.

Thoughts?

missouridawg
10-21-2015, 03:42 PM
HUGH FREEZE IS SAINT FROM HEAVEN, DELIVERED TO OXFORD, MS, THE BASTION OF SOUTHERN CULTURE, TO LEAD THE LORD'S FOOTBALL TEAM TO VICTORY. STOP QUESTIONING HIM. #Amen

PassInterference
10-21-2015, 03:45 PM
Freeze always throws his players under the bus. He is the head coaching equivalent of a kid who loses at Xbox and whines "but I pushed the button"!

ScottH
10-21-2015, 03:46 PM
I was watching it.

Although subtle, they both took a pretty solid shots at Freeze about the quote.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2015, 03:46 PM
They played his presser from this week, and Freeze said "on 5 occasions we made the perfect call, and the play wasn't executed". Then he said, "when the right calls are being made, you have to get off the field".

Spears and Finebaum then said that wasn't a great look and Freeze was saying it was a player issue, which they both made faces like it was a shady thing for Freeze to do.

Thoughts?

This isn't the first time Freeze has thrown a player under the bus. It was always Bo's mistake.

Saltydog
10-21-2015, 03:47 PM
well known so it doesn't surprise me nor should it surprise anyone else that he said that.

Really Clark?
10-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Yeah. I think the bus is on its 4th set of tires, 2nd set of new shocks, and gets bi-monthly alignments for all the players it's ran over.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 03:57 PM
Can someone photoshop Bucky behind the steering wheel of a Yellow dog?

TrapGame
10-21-2015, 04:04 PM
Yeah. I think the bus is on its 4th set of tires, 2nd set of new shocks, and gets bi-monthly alignments for all the players it's ran over.

And Cannon Motors takes care of all that!

Really Clark?
10-21-2015, 04:05 PM

I would hate to see the condition of the loaner bus.

Leroy Jenkins
10-21-2015, 04:11 PM
I would hate to see the condition of the loaner bus.

http://wciv.images.worldnow.com/images/17116967_BG1.jpg

Mjoelner34
10-21-2015, 04:16 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Leroy Jenkins again.

Really Clark?
10-21-2015, 04:18 PM

That's the summer/recruiting tour bus sponsored by Forward Rebels when they go the tent revival....I mean alumni speaking engagements and the home visits to prospects.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-21-2015, 04:26 PM
Remember his speech after the 2013 Egg Bowl loss. He basically told his current players that they were not good enough by saying that he would "Go out and recruit and get better players" So that they wouldn't never lose the Egg Bowl again....something along those lines.....I wish I could find that footage.

joedog
10-21-2015, 04:43 PM
FIFY

http://s10.postimg.org/e40t6o25l/freeze_jesus_love_bus.jpg

DancingRabbit
10-21-2015, 04:57 PM
FIFY

All it needs is some players underneath the bus.

msstate7
10-21-2015, 05:06 PM
All it needs is some players underneath the bus.

Bo Wallace signing his new book... Ok, just bo

SDDawg
10-21-2015, 05:20 PM
If you know your personnel can't execute, you're calling the wrong plays.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2015, 05:23 PM

I was able to hook him up.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2015, 05:25 PM

I hooked you up with Rep points too.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2015, 05:25 PM
FIFY

I am Spreading the wealth brother.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2015, 05:26 PM

Got to spread some around first! I'll get back to you.

BulldogBear
10-21-2015, 05:27 PM
What's that red streak on the front tire? Wallace blood?

confucius say
10-21-2015, 05:29 PM
I didn't hear what he said, but better not throw Kelly under the bus. Dude will come out shooting.

msstate7
10-21-2015, 05:37 PM
I didn't hear what he said, but better not throw Kelly under the bus. Dude will come out shooting.

In all seriousness, Jim Kelly would blast freeze if freeze threw Chad under the bus. Hasn't Jim already questioned freeze's offense?

dawgwood
10-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Freeze always throws his players under the bus. He is the head coaching equivalent of a kid who loses at Xbox and whines "but I pushed the button"!
I never looked at it that way but you have a point. He started the good Bo bad No thing. Freeze sucks

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2015, 06:23 PM
In all seriousness, Jim Kelly would blast freeze if freeze threw Chad under the bus. Hasn't Jim already questioned freeze's offense?
He said during the game Saturday something along the lines of "it's not the type of O I like, but they get the job done".

msstate7
10-21-2015, 06:27 PM
He said during the game Saturday something along the lines of "it's not the type of O I like, but they get the job done".

Oh, I heard Jim took a shot at freeze. That doesn't really sound like a shot though

BossDawg
10-21-2015, 06:33 PM
Freeze always throws his players under the bus.

Freeze prefers to call it a "baptism by fire."

Leroy Jenkins
10-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Oh, I heard Jim took a shot at freeze. That doesn't really sound like a shot though

Jim said he didn't understand the bubble screens. He said with MGKs arm they need to go vertical. It wouldn't have been a real "shot" at the rev if he left it at that.... but he repeated it about 4-5 times during broadcast as they continued to bubble away.

IMissJack
10-21-2015, 07:05 PM
I see you went with the "powder blue" writing on the bus too!

MabenMaroon
10-21-2015, 07:31 PM
The most intriguing aspect of the presser clip that I saw was that Rev Bucky looked liked death warmed over. Don't know if anybody else saw that but he looked liked a stressed out, beat down shell of what he looked like in other pressers this season.

coastratdog
10-22-2015, 07:27 AM

Thoughts?

I would think that every play would be the prefect call. Only 5 against Memphis. So now I see the problem.

RougeDawg
10-22-2015, 08:39 AM
When is his weekly bus backing going to finally affect his crooting? Do other coaches use it against him? Or is the
"network" $ too large to be negatively impacted by a hypocritical, class 3 licensed, snake oil salesman?

blacklistedbully
10-22-2015, 10:55 AM
When is his weekly bus backing going to finally affect his crooting? Do other coaches use it against him? Or is the
"network" $ too large to be negatively impacted by a hypocritical, class 3 licensed, snake oil salesman?

The latter, I suspect. Have you not always wondered why so many of these young black men and their families so readily join the, "Rebels"? They have joined a team whose admin, in a very unpopular move with their fanbase finally stopped the playing of Dixie, and only recently banned the waving of Confederate flags at sporting events.

The have signed up to play for a university that uses an old slave-term to refer to the missus of their master. Sure, there has been much progress there, no doubt largely motivated by a fanbase that got tired of losing. But it still holds onto and has recent ties to things one would think would be a deal-breaker for any black family with an understanding and appreciation of black history in the US.