PDA

View Full Version : If you can get over the Ole Miss sheep hate, the Wallace book might be good.....

Taog Redloh
10-21-2015, 10:50 AM
It will have some interesting things in it, regarding our society today, if you're into such things. The guy went through a lot of criticism, by his own fans....while at the same team being the main catalyst for Ole Miss' rise. I personally will probably read it. Life's about more than Eggbowl.com bullshit, fellas. I've always respected Wallace. Remember, he didn't choose Ole Miss per se, the guy chose to go where he could most likely start for an SEC football team. He's tough, came up the hard way as a nobody recruit through MS JUCO, and had to deal with a hyper-critical head coach along the way.

Now, let the hate fly. I expect it.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 10:55 AM
I have no problem with you reading it. But I won't. There's plenty of books about good QB's, or QB's that are better human beings and role models for example, that I could read instead. The guy walked off the field on his team, and other poor displays...and he's a year older, so it's not about him changing as a person I wouldn't think. I'll pass. Best of luck to him though.

I'd read about Buchanan or Kincaide before reading about Bo. Just Bc they seem to handle themselves pretty well. So far, anyway.

Taog Redloh
10-21-2015, 11:00 AM
I have no problem with you reading it. But I won't. There's plenty of books about good QB's, or QB's that are better human beings and role models for example, that I could read instead. The guy walked off the field on his team, and other poor displays...and he's a year older, so it's not about him changing as a person I wouldn't think. I'll pass. Best of luck to him though.

I'd read about Buchanan or Kincaide before reading about Bo. Just Bc they seem to handle themselves pretty well. So far, anyway.
Remember they are 18-22 year old kids. As long as they aren't committing violent crimes, I think they can be helped, and their stories are useful. I highly doubt we have the whole story on Wallace, that's why I don't crucify him or make judgments on him. I personally think guys like him get held to an extraordinarily higher standard than the regular football players do. Think Johnny Manziel. That guy was routinely crucified but could any of us have handled that spotlight any better at that age? I actually think he did well as it was.

This is coming from a guy who also read the Mike Leach book, while the rest of the free world calls him crazy and moves on. As you can tell from my posting, I don't exactly blindly follow the herd, so again, I expect disagreements.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 11:03 AM
Remember they are 18-22 year old kids. As long as they aren't committing violent crimes, I think they can be helped, and their stories are useful. I highly doubt we have the whole story on Wallace, that's why I don't crucify him or make judgments on him.

This is coming from a guy who also read the Mike Leach book, while the rest of the free world calls him crazy and moves on. As you can tell from my posting, I don't exactly blindly follow the herd, so again, I expect disagreements.

Oh, I agree. Not saying he's a bad kid. He's probably pretty close to your average 18-22 year old. But we aren't reading books about them either.

I think people should read it if they want to.

So the Leach book is a good read?

shoeless joe
10-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Sore loser and classless winner...repeatedly.

I think he got the most out of his ability but there's a TON of guys that did that while also displaying decency as a competitor.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Sheep hate for Ole Miss? REALLY? That is an interesting comment that is. I have ample personal reasons for hating them. I suspect nearly every MSU person that grew up in Mississippi can say the same.

Taog Redloh
10-21-2015, 11:37 AM
Sheep hate for Ole Miss? REALLY? That is an interesting comment that is. I have ample personal reasons for hating them. I suspect nearly every MSU person that grew up in Mississippi can say the same.
You hate every single person in their fanbase?

I pull against them in sports too, but that's pretty much where it ends. People are individuals. Are you one of those who boycott businesses owned by rival fanbases? That's just nuts to me.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2015, 11:43 AM

I pull against them in sports too, but that's pretty much where it ends. People are individuals. Are you one of those who boycott businesses owned by rival fanbases? That's just nuts to me.

Individually and out of this context, absolutely not. Collectively and in this context, yes. Get real man.

LC Dawg
10-21-2015, 11:44 AM
I seriously doubt I read the book but I'm kind of curious of Wallace's thoughts on Freeze. His coach threw him under the bus a few times and Wallace had to feel strongly about it but I don't know if he would have relayed those thoughts to Watkins.
I would like to add: WTF is Billy Watkins thinking? He has been covering and/or watching college football in this state for fifty something years. A state that has produced Payton, Rice, Favre, and many others. A state that currently had a Heisman candidate quarterback that was basically an all american good guy. And this guy decides to write a book on Bo Wallace? I hope he didn't have to pay any printing fees because I think he would take a loss.

jbjones
10-21-2015, 12:04 PM
So the Leach book is a good read?

I read it a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. According to him we have (had) the worse visiting locker room in the SEC....

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 12:07 PM
I read it a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. According to him we have (had) the worse visiting locker room in the SEC....

Good. Ha

War Machine Dawg
10-21-2015, 01:01 PM

Considering their fans have attempted to totally destroy people's lives over internet posts, I don't consider hating their fanbase extreme in the least. Hell, they had a booster **** AN NCAA INVESTIGATOR to get us put on probation. It's not our side driving the nastiness.

notsofarawaydawg
10-21-2015, 02:41 PM
If he didn't throw Freezus under the bus then I don't want to read the crap. Lot's of more deserving people his age who should be written about or glorified who have been through a lot more than he has. He was practically handed a college education free of charge (probably didn't have to attend most classes) and these others had to fight for every penny to pay for theirs and they turned out accomplishing something great for society compared to him.

sleepy dawg
10-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Individually and out of this context, absolutely not. Collectively and in this context, yes. Get real man.

Yes, yes, and yes...

Replace Brian with Taog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_KXtxSqkiM

Dawgcentral
10-21-2015, 07:16 PM
I think some folks should look into Billy Watkins connections to the TSUN family. I'm sure he wants to sell about 60,000 copies, and he probably will. Is that a money maker? Probably not much of one, but it beats the hell out of what the CL would pay for an extended article over a 3 day stretch.

Maybe it's a weak attempt at be the next "Blind Side". At least there won't be videos of Sunshine flipping his hair back out of his eyesight.