PDA

View Full Version : Black Out

archdog
10-21-2015, 08:43 AM
So is everyone wearing black gear for the weekened? OHio State's blackout looked pretty good last week, because the stands were almost entirely blacked out. My opinion on it is this, if I have to put on a black shirt to get hype for the game, so be it. I want the toughest crowd mentality for this game. Something to rival Auburn last year or Arkansas on the fumble overtime game a few years ago.

Dawgbite
10-21-2015, 08:47 AM
Black Ping pullover and may wear black pants as well. Our Strip out was a little lackluster though.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2015, 08:57 AM
I am wearing a Maroon T-Shirt with either and a Black NIKE Golf pull over warm up top or black Cutter and Buck pull over. Depending on the Temp.

the59dawg
10-21-2015, 09:03 AM
What's wrong with Maroon and White? Our colors do not include black! What's next? Orange, pink?????

archdog
10-21-2015, 09:10 AM
Nothing wrong with Maroon and White. Just giving us as a fanbase an opportunity to participate with a special color for one game. the59dawg has been requested by our football program to wear black as one of the most basic ways to support our players. Can you do it? Are you willing to wear a black shirt over your lucky maroon is all that matters shirt for one game? I know the sacrifice is hard, but let's try to think past our own personal wants, and sacrifice our wardrobe choice for the greater good of the team and atmosphere. It's time we stop discussing, what can our RB do, and start asking what as a fanbase we can do.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2015, 09:10 AM
I haven't decided yet. Our colors are maroon and white. I just don't want to wear black anyway. Every time I have ever worn it to a game we lost. It's stupid I know but still.

DanDority
10-21-2015, 09:11 AM
What's wrong with Maroon and White? Our colors do not include black! What's next? Orange, pink?????

I WILL NOT be wearing anything other than my usual white MSU shirt!

FatDrunkandStupidDawg
10-21-2015, 09:19 AM
I WILL NOT be wearing anything other than my usual white MSU shirt!

That'll show em!

Really Clark?
10-21-2015, 09:25 AM

It's Breast Cancer Awareness month. Nearly everyone uses pink in some form usually as accent at least for one game. Some for the whole month. Socks with pink is used a lot.

Big4Dawg
10-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Ya'll are f'ing terrible. Never seen so many people 'showing the man' by wanting to wear a different color. That's all.

BulldogBear
10-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Breaking out my black hat for this one boys and girls.

"Shiny... Let's be bad guys."

archdog
10-21-2015, 09:29 AM
Are you talking about the people that want to participate by wearing a different color as requested by our athletic department, or are you talking about the people that wants to wear a different color than black?

Gridirondawg
10-21-2015, 09:31 AM
This is why we can never have anything nice. Its one damn game and the ath. dept. has asked us to wear black in support of the football team. Put a damn black shirt on you 17'n geezers, they'll match your socks.

starkvegasdawg
10-21-2015, 09:32 AM
Think Addidas has something like this?

http://dailydesigninspiration.com/diverse/3d/jasonmartin/Darth-Vader.jpg

missouridawg
10-21-2015, 09:36 AM
So.... I see some of the old geezers have showed up in this thread.

Here's why you should wear black:
- It helps Mississippi State.
- Recruits will be there and seeing a fan base united with enhance their experience.
- If you purchase a black MSU shirt, MSU makes money.
- It will look awesome in pictures, that will be shown to recruits for years.
- 16, 17, and 18 year olds don't give a rats ass about tradition. They like flashy things, such as black outs near Halloween.

Does that cover it?

Also, we could continue to try to carry on the traditions of MSU. But, I, for one, would rather move into a new age of MSU. One that includes more winning. And if that means I have a buy an extra shirt, I'm all in.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2015, 09:46 AM
How does it help MSU if I wear black and we lose? :p. I already have a black shirt by the way.

missouridawg
10-21-2015, 09:54 AM
How does it help MSU if I wear black and we lose? :p. I already have a black shirt by the way.

It's called marketing. Every time that stadium is full and cohesive, it's a marketing opportunity. Whether you're marketing to a kid from Brooklyn, NY who has a sweet cross-over and jumper.... or some nerd from California who might start the next facebook... or some congressional representative who is about to vote on a bill that could fund a program at MSU that your kid signs up for... it helps to have a united fan base who gets behind ideas such as this and helps execute them.

It also helps inspire the team when the fan base unites behind them. This could be inspiration Aeris Williams needs for holding onto a ball inside the 5 yard line... or fumbling. Or for Richie Brown to not let go of that ankle until help arrives to bring Towles down. Or for Dak to stretch the defense with a long ball or two. So it all furthers the chances of winning.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2015, 09:56 AM
But we always lose when I wear black. The best marketing is winning! LOL.

GreenheadDawg
10-21-2015, 09:58 AM

- Recruits will be there and seeing a fan base united with enhance their experience.
- 16, 17, and 18 year olds don't give a rats ass about tradition. They like flashy things, such as black outs near Halloween.

Does that cover it?

Also, we could continue to try to carry on the traditions of MSU. But, I, for one, would rather move into a new age of MSU. One that includes more winning. And if that means I have a buy an extra shirt, I'm all in.

Exactly. We have some truly terrible fans. Bitching about wearing a black shirt because our colors are maroon and white. Wear a black shirt to help the university or stay at the ****ing house and wear whatever shirt you want pawpaw

missouridawg
10-21-2015, 09:59 AM
But we always lose when I wear black. The best marketing is winning! LOL.

I wore a black MSU golf polo and have worn it during the Auburn and LaTech games this year. I also wore it last year for the aTm game.

You know this, but winning a game is not related to the shirt you wear.

Dawgbite
10-21-2015, 09:59 AM
This is why we can never have anything nice. Its one damn game and the ath. dept. has asked us to wear black in support of the football team. Put a damn black shirt on you 17'n geezers, they'll match your socks.
I only wear black socks with sandals and everybody knows that you don't wear sandals after labor day!!!!

RoverDog
10-21-2015, 10:01 AM
I don't know why people make a big deal about wearing black. I think it looks bad ass, especially at night close to Halloween....could help increase the intimidation factor at DWS. Just do it, its one game.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2015, 10:01 AM
1st - Shame on you if you can't comply and help the athletic department for one game by wearing black.

2nd - Shame on you double if you actually think wearing black has contributed in any way to MSU losing. Last time I looked at our historical record, we've lost a ton of games wearing maroon or white as well.

Dawgbite
10-21-2015, 10:06 AM
I wore black and we lost a football game.

I farted and I smelled a dead rat.

One of these is related, one is not. Can you guess which one is which?

Big4Dawg
10-21-2015, 10:06 AM
Are you talking about the people that want to participate by wearing a different color as requested by our athletic department, or are you talking about the people that wants to wear a different color than black?

Talking about people not wearing black.

godlluB
10-21-2015, 10:10 AM
I'm just tired of the athletic department trying to be cute and dictating what we should wear to every single f'ing game. Once a season or so, fine. But I'm tired of having to worry if I wore the correct color every game.

Maybe we should all ask Stricklin what we should wear during the rest of the week days too.

SignalToNoise
10-21-2015, 10:23 AM
I'll be going bear-chested under this bad boy:

http://www.rustyzipper.com/full/194938.jpg

#HailState
#GoDawgs

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm just tired of the athletic department trying to be cute and dictating what we should wear to every single f'ing game. Once a season or so, fine. But I'm tired of having to worry if I wore the correct color every game.

Maybe we should all ask Stricklin what we should wear during the rest of the week days too.

at least they don't do this

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/02/24/13/022413e27a59e89ecdafdf9cdd76e4a2.jpg

sandwolf
10-21-2015, 10:24 AM

Does that cover it?

It's called marketing. Every time that stadium is full and cohesive, it's a marketing opportunity. Whether you're marketing to a kid from Brooklyn, NY who has a sweet cross-over and jumper.... or some nerd from California who might start the next facebook... or some congressional representative who is about to vote on a bill that could fund a program at MSU that your kid signs up for... it helps to have a united fan base who gets behind ideas such as this and helps execute them.

It also helps inspire the team when the fan base unites behind them. This could be inspiration Aeris Williams needs for holding onto a ball inside the 5 yard line... or fumbling. Or for Richie Brown to not let go of that ankle until help arrives to bring Towles down. Or for Dak to stretch the defense with a long ball or two. So it all furthers the chances of winning.

Wow, impressive. This guy 100% gets it.

archdog
10-21-2015, 10:28 AM
I don't know, but if I could find a costume by this weekend I am going as Lord Vader.

archdog
10-21-2015, 10:29 AM
Funny thing is, Strick's answer would be maroon for all other days. Preferably something with the MSU logo.

missouridawg
10-21-2015, 10:33 AM
at least they don't do this

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/02/24/13/022413e27a59e89ecdafdf9cdd76e4a2.jpg

It's funny to laugh at things like this... by girls eat this shit up. And the more pretty girls that show up to our games, the better.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 10:33 AM
"But, I don't wanna wear black! We're maroon and white!!". "Why do they make us do this?!"...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5xXVmZe-1_0/URF6QeNhHxI/AAAAAAAAJZQ/IZfpJz2PNoI/s1600/crying.gif

Just put a damn black shirt on and show support. For Goodness sake, we have some whiners.

archdog
10-21-2015, 10:35 AM

Does that cover it?

This post pretty much lays out the argument. If you cannot get on board with this argument, well there is nothing left to say about it. Keep doing what your are doing. I am sure the players will understand when they look up at the half ass attempt by our fanbase.

archdog
10-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Also would like to add, first time multiple quotes. Nailed it.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 10:37 AM
For the record, the reason our "White outs" and "black outs" don't look good, is because we go the cheap route and just ask people to wear a color...instead of putting a T-Shirt in every seat so everyone has one and you have no excuse but being a turd if you don't put it on.

I know we do it occasionally...but the black out game should definitely be done this way, Bc a good % of people (especially older) don't have a black MSU shirt and won't buy one because "sonny I already have a game shirt, and it's maroon, and I've worn it to every game since 57." (Kidding...kinda)

missouridawg
10-21-2015, 10:39 AM
How much vcash does 63,000 black t-shirts cost? I'll foot the bill.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 10:40 AM
This post pretty much lays out the argument. If you cannot get on board with this argument, well there is nothing left to say about it. Keep doing what your are doing. I am sure the players will understand when they look up at the half ass attempt by our fanbase.

I agree, Mizzou nailed it. And how can you not listen to a man with that kind of vcash?*

sleepy dawg
10-21-2015, 10:41 AM
To everyone saying it's just 1 game... It's not. It's every game. Every game we have been told what we need to wear.

I will very likely be in black, but there's no doubt I get tired of being told what to wear to every single game, and I won't be bothered by those who don't wear black like I used to. They need to go back to telling us what to wear just 1 or 2 games a year for it to be something special (just like playing Don't Stop Believing). The Egg Bowl is the only game this season where we aren't being told what we need to wear to the game.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 10:46 AM
I also think it would be cool to just say we should wear white to every game, and then maybe have one "Maroon out" every year, and one "black out" every few years. White shows up so much better on TV, and doesn't look like empty chairs the way maroon does sometimes. Plus, if that became our "norm", within a year or two it would be tradition and everyone would wear white automatically. (Kinda like Penn State's crowd. That white out every game looks cool to me. Let's not copy anything else from them though.)

That would also please those that cry about it being too hot in MS in Sept and October to be asked to wear maroon. Ha

TopDog58
10-21-2015, 10:53 AM
To everyone saying it's just 1 game... It's not. It's every game. Every game we have been told what we need to wear.

I will very likely be in black, but there's no doubt I get tired of being told what to wear to every single game, and I won't be bothered by those who don't wear black like I used to. They need to go back to telling us what to wear just 1 or 2 games a year for it to be something special (just like playing Don't Stop Believing). The Egg Bowl is the only game this season where we aren't being told what we need to wear to the game.

I very much agree with missouridawg in that people need to get on board, but I also see your point. EVERY game does get old, especially when you are asking different sides or sections of the stadium to wear different things.

If they are going to do stripeouts, blackouts, or whiteouts for some kind of marketing or photo op then shirts or pompoms should be provided. Otherwise it's a futile effort because you are always going to get the backlash rebellious folk as well as the papaws and meemaws that still wear their gear from 1965. There's nothing worse than a hi-rez panorama of a blackout or a whiteout where you see yellow, pink, blue, maroon, white, red, and orange sprinkled throughout the stadium.

BulldogBear
10-21-2015, 10:54 AM

1/6 of the way there!!! #maroonfriday

RoverDog
10-21-2015, 10:54 AM
jeez....the curmudgeon-ness is strong today

sleepy dawg
10-21-2015, 10:57 AM
For the record, the reason our "White outs" and "black outs" don't look good, is because we go the cheap route and just ask people to wear a color...instead of putting a T-Shirt in every seat so everyone has one and you have no excuse but being a turd if you don't put it on.

I know we do it occasionally...but the black out game should definitely be done this way, Bc a good % of people (especially older) don't have a black MSU shirt and won't buy one because "sonny I already have a game shirt, and it's maroon, and I've worn it to every game since 57." (Kidding...kinda)

I agree with this. If we're mandated to wear something, then give it to us. If there was a black shirt in my seat, or handed out at the front, I would absolutely wear it. I honestly don't think I even own a solid black shirt except for a dress shirt. I know for sure I don't own a black MSU shirt.

Ifyouonlyknew

Yea but every other game they're asking that you wear maroon or white. The very same colors that people are bitching about not being able to wear Saturday. So you complain when they tell you not to wear maroon or white but then turn around & complain when they do say wear maroon or white. I just don't get it. I feel pretty safe in saying every MSU fan that attends game has at least 1 maroon & 1 white shirt. So what's the problem?

CadaverDawg
I very much agree with missouridawg in that people need to get on board, but I also see your point. EVERY game does get old, especially when you are asking different sides or sections of the stadium to wear different things.

If they are going to do stripeouts, blackouts, or whiteouts for some kind of marketing or photo op then shirts or pompoms should be provided. Otherwise it's a futile effort because you are always going to get the backlash rebellious folk as well as the papaws and meemaws that still wear their gear from 1965. There's nothing worse than a hi-rez panorama of a blackout or a whiteout where you see yellow, pink, blue, maroon, white, red, and orange sprinkled throughout the stadium.

Good post

sleepy dawg
10-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Yea but every other game they're asking that you wear maroon or white. The very same colors that people are bitching about not being able to wear Saturday. So you complain when they tell you not to wear maroon or white but then turn around & complain when they do say wear maroon or white. I just don't get it. I feel pretty safe in saying every MSU fan that attends game has at least 1 maroon & 1 white shirt. So what's the problem?

I do, but weather changes also dictate what can be worn and when. I don't have a different color MSU shirt for every type of weather.

Also, I absolutely LOVE wearing Maroon. It is my favorite color. I think I look good in it. I want to wear Maroon as often as I can. Again, I usually comply with what they ask, and again, I'll probably figure out a way to wear black this weekend because I try to support what our staff does and asks us to do as much as possible. At the same time, I just wish they would tone it back a little bit.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2015, 11:21 AM
Oh, I'll probably wear black. I have all you fools to blame if it causes us to lose now. LOL.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Also, I absolutely LOVE wearing Maroon. It is my favorite color. I think I look good in it. I want to wear Maroon as often as I can. .

This statement has won me over. I love the I think I look good in it part. I understand your complaint about having to wear specific colors every game but it does make the stadium look great when the fans follow the color choices.

LC Dawg
10-21-2015, 12:00 PM

I agree that the black out game is the hardest to sell to the fans because so many don't own any black t-shirts.
I've thought about this before and I wonder if shirts are not given away because Adidas pays us a lot of money and requiring fans to wear certain colors helps Adidas sell shirts. I am curious if this is just an unspoken part of the agreement.
Also, with this being a night game so close to Halloween I think our student section should get creative and crazy with the black out. Maybe even a little freaky.

Dental Dawg33
10-21-2015, 12:09 PM
I don't know, but if I could find a costume by this weekend I am going as Lord Vader.

Been looking....the nice ones are expensive as hell. But talk about awesome if you were rocking it all night

Percho
10-21-2015, 12:10 PM
I am a seventy two year old, Old Geezer and I am wearing BLACK.

FISHDAWG
10-21-2015, 12:18 PM
I agree, Mizzou nailed it. And how can you not listen to a man with that kind of vcash?*

Shirley folks wont question Chuck !!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY23l6x6GsOo_UwOLuRRQX754AuGHyj nQWzlJXoSTdEzQSbiWS

Dental Dawg33
10-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Also, I feel like I'm entrapped in an hour long, pointless, round about conversation with my wife about what the hell she should wear to dinner. If wearing black is against your religion or you just don't want to, fine. I will not walk up to you and judge you nor tell you that you're a terrible fan. Wear what the hell you want. But it does back look good when all the fans get on board and coordinate attire for different games. When UT does the orange and white checker board throughout their stadium, it looks freakin sweet and ppl notice. If we black the stadium out and get rowdy for this night game, UK as well as others watching will take notice...who knows, you might just enjoy it

Percho
10-21-2015, 12:19 PM
Highway: You'll all wear the same t-shirt or not at all.

Highway: Alright, Colitis, Cahones, Profilatics, Ajax. You boys are handsome. You ladies look like models. In fact I want your hair high and tight by tomorrow morning. When you start looking like Marines you'll start feeling like Marines and then, ******* it, you'll start acting like Marines. Platoon, ten-hut! Right face! Forward march!

Let's get with the program.

FISHDAWG
10-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Bravo - well played and plus +1 on the Heartbreak Ridge reference

KentuckyDawg13
10-21-2015, 12:52 PM
My son and I will be making the trip south for the first time in years...where is the best place to grab a t-shirt/hoodie/whatever for such an occasion? I could wear my old school metal tshirt(s), but need something with MSU on it.

So is everyone wearing black gear for the weekened? OHio State's blackout looked pretty good last week, because the stands were almost entirely blacked out. My opinion on it is this, if I have to put on a black shirt to get hype for the game, so be it. I want the toughest crowd mentality for this game. Something to rival Auburn last year or Arkansas on the fumble overtime game a few years ago.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2015, 01:02 PM
When you start looking like Marines you'll start feeling like Marines and then, ******* it, you'll start acting like Marines. Platoon, ten-hut! Right face! Left righta left righttttttt left righta o. Lo Righta yooooooo, Righta left right layo, Left righta lo.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2015, 01:11 PM
My son and I will be making the trip south for the first time in years...where is the best place to grab a t-shirt/hoodie/whatever for such an occasion? I could wear my old school metal tshirt(s), but need something with MSU on it.

On game day or before? How are you coming south?

War Machine Dawg
10-21-2015, 01:12 PM

http://i.imgur.com/3gOZp25.gif
http://i.imgur.com/E2j56iD.gif

Jack Lambert
10-21-2015, 01:15 PM
Bravo - well played and plus +1 on the Heartbreak Ridge reference

I don't like any movie that makes Marines look bad. No Marine unit would be in that shape and that was Force RECON. Those guys are from the top 3% of Marine infantry. Total BS.

MabenMaroon
10-21-2015, 01:22 PM
I wore black and we lost a football game.

I farted and I smelled a dead rat.

One of these is related, one is not. Can you guess which one is which?

So, you ate a dead rat? I suppose that would be preferred to eating a live rat.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 01:32 PM
I am a seventy two year old, Old Geezer and I am wearing BLACK.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee399/CherrySueDointheDo/modern-family-phil-thumbs-up-gif_zps2a5ba85d.gif

FISHDAWG
10-21-2015, 01:45 PM
I don't like any movie that makes Marines look bad. No Marine unit would be in that shape and that was Force RECON. Those guys are from the top 3% of Marine infantry. Total BS.

it's Hollywood Jack ... they never get anything right ... it wasn't even the marines at Grenada - it was the Army

Dawgbite
10-21-2015, 01:58 PM
So, you ate a dead rat? I suppose that would be preferred to eating a live rat.
It doesn't matter whether you eat them dead or alive, by the time they get to the fart stage, they both smell the same.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2015, 01:59 PM
it's Hollywood Jack ... they never get anything right ... it wasn't even the marines at Grenada - it was the Army

The Marines were there and the telephone call to Camp Lajeune did not happen but the the Marines and Army had trouble communicating and it was an army unit that made the phone call but to Ft Bragg. The Marines had all the armor but did not know the Rangers were pinned down so they did not close to support. Thats when the rangers made the phone call. The Marines took the northend of the island and the ARNY airborne took the South. The seals secured the goverors house.

The only reason why Reagan invaded was because 250 marines and sailors died after the Marine Barracks in Lebanon got car bombed. Marines were not going to be left out. Now the invasion of Panama was an all ARMY show.

I do agree that Hollywood is going to do Hollywood.

FISHDAWG
10-21-2015, 02:06 PM
The Marines were there and the telephone call to Camp Lajeune did not happen but the the Marines and Army had trouble communicating and it was an army unit that made the phone call but to Ft Bragg. The Marines had all the armor but did not know the Rangers were pinned down so they did not close to support. Thats when the rangers made the phone call. The Marines took the northend of the island and the ARNY airborne took the South. The seals secured the goverors house.

The only reason why Reagan invaded was because 250 marines and sailors died after the Marine Barracks in Lebanon got car bombed. Marines were not going to be left out. Now the invasion of Panama was an all ARMY show.

I do agree that Hollywood is going to do Hollywood.

I see your a student of history ... I was referring to private Profile in the movie ... the Rangers RTO was actually killed and the call to Ft Bragg happened according to an E-5 I served with who was there (I wasn't there) and was a friend of the RTO .... I doubt any invasion would be complete with out the marines

scottycameron
10-21-2015, 02:09 PM
it's gonna look like 60k douchebags showed up for a soccer game. If we're gonna wear black tshirts we ought to wear a mullet wig too. And wear black jeans with MJ high tops. I don't own a black tshirt, for obvious reasons, y'all knock yourselves out.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2015, 02:15 PM
I see your a student of history ... I was referring to private Profile in the movie ... the Rangers RTO was actually killed and the call to Ft Bragg happened according to an E-5 I served with who was there (I wasn't there) and was a friend of the RTO .... I doubt any invasion would be complete with out the marines

Not a student of history, just a Marine.

The reason why the Marines did not take part in the Panama invasion was because the Army had an base there with all the support they needed. It's when you don't have that stuff is when the Marines are sent in. When I was in the Marine Corps they could put 25,000 marines with 50 days of supplies anywhere in the world within 24 hours.

During Desert Strom the Army was using Marine equipment. My cousin was a Scout/sniper for 5th Marines and they secured the airstrip for the 82 Airborne.

Not that the Army is bad it's just what Marines are trained to do and it's our mission.

MadDawg
10-21-2015, 02:17 PM
it's gonna look like 60k douchebags showed up for a soccer game. If we're gonna wear black tshirts we ought to wear a mullet wig too. And wear black jeans with MJ high tops. I don't own a black tshirt, for obvious reasons, y'all knock yourselves out.

sandwolf
10-21-2015, 04:20 PM

Pony up the $50 and buy a black dry fit polo.

RougeDawg
10-21-2015, 04:22 PM
This thread is f*cking pathetic and shows which fans truly back ourt athletic department and programs. Any BS excuse as to why you "Refuse to wear Black to our games because our colors are Maroon and White" displays that you don't fully support our program. Last week's stripe out looked like complete and utter shit due to our fan base being clueless and selfish. Choosing to wear something other that the suggested color by our AD, is childish and selfish. Hell, we don't even get the "White" and "Maroon" outs correct. How can the other fan bases get it right but not ours. Put your pride and selfishness away, grab a black shirt and wear it saturday. Hell, I have every color imaginable in MSU shirts, from Neon Green golf shirts to Black and Gray Polos

archdog
10-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Well I already have ticket for IMAX 3d in Tusc Dec 17 at 7. So the costume could have a dual purpose.

archdog
10-21-2015, 04:26 PM
Probably need to get the wife this for the game.

Bert Stare
10-21-2015, 04:33 PM

TaleofTwoDogs
10-21-2015, 07:38 PM
- Shame on you double if you actually think wearing black has contributed in any way to MSU losing. Last time I looked at our historical record, we've lost a ton of games wearing maroon or white as well.

Amen, brother, Amen. No truer words have ever been spoken. It took us 100 years to finally exorcise those damn indians, so I don't think anybody's lucky shirt or rabbit's foot or taking a dump an hour before the game will have any affect on the results on the field.

Dawgcentral
10-21-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm really concerned about my socks. My wife has Maroon Socks, but I don't.

I have Black Socks, but they don't do well with my hiking boots. I wear these on campus since I do lots of walking there.

But you know, I'm an old geezer at 51 years old. Gosh, I'd sure hate to piss off any of you young folks. Especially those who haven't contributed thousands and more thousands to the program for the past 30 years.

I'll wear what I want to wear. Get over yourselves.

Red Sox Dawg
10-21-2015, 08:02 PM
How much vcash does 63,000 black t-shirts cost? I'll foot the bill.

This thread is making me laugh, a lot. I have to ask though, how did you get all that vcash?

missouridawg
10-21-2015, 08:08 PM
This thread is making me laugh, a lot. I have to ask though, how did you get all that vcash?

When you're good.. You're good.

missouridawg
10-21-2015, 08:09 PM

I have Black Socks, but they don't do well with my hiking boots. I wear these on campus since I do lots of walking there.

But you know, I'm an old geezer at 51 years old. Gosh, I'd sure hate to piss off any of you young folks. Especially those who haven't contributed thousands and more thousands to the program for the past 30 years.

It's people like you I'll never understand. Thousands of dollars in donations? Sure. $50 golf shirt? **** that bullshit.

****ing moron.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2015, 08:47 PM

You have 500 vCash. Go to Forum. Go to bet your ass off. Pick how many bets you want and bet on games. They have not posted this weeks games yet.

Barking 13
10-21-2015, 08:56 PM
I'll wear black and I'll be at home......

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 09:03 PM

If you've spent thousands on MSU athletics (which many of us have spent a lot even if we're younger than someone), you'd think you would be the exact type of person that wants to support the color scheme and make the program you helped pay for look its best. No?

Seems kinda silly to fork a bunch of money into a program and then when you have an opportunity to show your support in a cheap way for the same program you don't do it. Is it just because you don't want someone telling you what to do, or what? I'm generally curious, not bashing at all.

Hell, your money may have been the very dollars that helped fund the athletic marketing team that came up with the blackout, and you could be going against your own dollars by wearing maroon this weekend! Haha

Serious question though, Bc I don't care what you wear personally. But, would you wear a black shirt if it was in your seat when you arrived? Or do you think you would just stick it under your chair and keep wearing maroon & white? I ask Bc I'm wondering if providing shirts would even mean a close to 100% blackout.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2015, 09:04 PM
I'll wear black and I'll be at home......

Me too, ha.

Red Sox Dawg
10-21-2015, 09:10 PM
You have 500 vCash. Go to Forum. Go to bet your ass off. Pick how many bets you want and bet on games. They have not posted this weeks games yet.

Thanks Jack. Never been there. I'll look.

missouridawg
10-21-2015, 09:14 PM
Thanks Jack. Never been there. I'll look.

Friendly disclaimer.... Last season, I took my 500 vcash and did excellent on MSU baseball games and the lot of football games. During last football season, OM was favored by more than 50 and Scooba out up some great odds on the underdog. I put it all on the dog and won over a million. Since then, I've grown it a few hundred thousand at a time to 4 million.

SignalToNoise
10-22-2015, 09:24 AM
Friendly disclaimer.... Last season, I took my 500 vcash and did excellent on MSU baseball games and the lot of football games. During last football season, OM was favored by more than 50 and Scooba out up some great odds on the underdog. I put it all on the dog and won over a million. Since then, I've grown it a few hundred thousand at a time to 4 million.

I just looked at your Vcash balance. I'll be getting all my betting advice from you. Thanks.

Maroonthirteen
10-22-2015, 09:31 AM
My theory, the problem with the stripe out last week was the game wasn't a big game. Therefore the crowd wasnt mostly hard core fans.

I would guess we have 20,000 hard core fans (based on season ticket sales). Fans that pay attention to all the special instructions each game and bother to show up. If those hard core fans are bringing their casual family and friend fans. Or you have entire upper sections of free tickets to FCA kids and etc.... Then it is difficult to get that many people coordinated and participating.

The black this week.... That may be easier to do. But I already see many tickets for sale and the main proponents of wearing black in this very thread, admittedly aren't going to be in attendance.

I'll be there with black on. I'm not sure if my entire family is going or just two of us but I can guarantee my wife and teenager will wear whatever looks good to them and comfortable. I'll try to get them in black but I aint buying $100 of clothes when I'll already be out nearly $500 just attending the game.

Lastly this whole this color that color, stripe, black, blah blah is played out. Save it for the big games...not every damn game.

My .02

KentuckyDawg13
10-22-2015, 09:55 AM
Game day...driving South from KY...actually will be coming west from Decatur AL, but my trek is mostly South.

On game day or before? How are you coming south?

sandwolf
10-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Lastly this whole this color that color, stripe, black, blah blah is played out. Save it for the big games...not every damn game.

I agree with this.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Game day...driving South from KY...actually will be coming west from Decatur AL, but my trek is mostly South.

Obviously the best places would be ether at the Barnes and Noble on campus or at the Lodge or the new place (Maroon Company?) in Starkville. Good luck with that on game day though. If you come through Tupelo there are 3-4 places in the Barnes Crossing Mall that might have what you want: Dicks, Hibbits, Reeds, and one of those fan shop type places across from Dicks. The mall is just north of the intersection of US 78/I 22 and US 45.

Dawgbite
10-22-2015, 11:38 AM
Serious question though, Bc I don't care what you wear personally. But, would you wear a black shirt if it was in your seat when you arrived? Or do you think you would just stick it under your chair and keep wearing maroon & white? I ask Bc I'm wondering if providing shirts would even mean a close to 100% blackout

Good question. I'll preface my answer by saying I will wear black anyway because , even if I didn't have a black MSU shirt , I would wear a black shirt of some kind. If it was hot, no I wouldn't put on the free shirt. If the temperature was not a factor, then yea, I probably would put it on because it's easier to wear than carry anyway.

Now. My wife would be a different story. She would not put on the free t shirt because, A: It would mess up her hair, and B: she has already changed outfits 5 times today and what she has on is perfect. Besides, black makes your butt look big!

sleepy dawg
10-22-2015, 03:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3gOZp25.gif
http://i.imgur.com/E2j56iD.gif

Maybe you would feel better if you didn't spend every waking moment on your computer. You have 6255 posts in 2 years time. Why don't you take a break and suck Robert Downy Jrs dick and quit using your memes to call people names.

War Machine Dawg
10-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Maybe you would feel better if you didn't spend every waking moment on your computer. You have 6255 posts in 2 years time. Why don't you take a break and suck Robert Downy Jrs dick and quit using your memes to call people names.

Oooh, post count smack. I must've struck a nerve. If the shoe fits....
http://i.imgur.com/MxFDXSh.gif

sleepy dawg
10-22-2015, 03:29 PM
Oooh, post count smack. I must've struck a nerve. If the shoe fits....
http://i.imgur.com/MxFDXSh.gif

ditto cock sucker.