PDA

View Full Version : Auburn trouble finally?

DownwardDawg
04-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Will this amount to anything?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/04/03/ncaa-football-auburn-violations-gene-chizik/2051041/

FlabLoser
04-03-2013, 07:17 PM
No. The NCAA has a blind eye turned to former players. They prefer street agents with book deals to pedal.

MemphisDawg
04-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Yeah I doubt anything comes from it.

Todd4State
04-03-2013, 11:11 PM
I don't know- this guy sounds like he is willing to talk.

ScoobaDawg
04-04-2013, 12:42 AM
We could only wish...Im not holding my breath. Sure would be nice to see them get hammered over it though.
Grade changing doesnt surprise me at all...those accusations have been going for AU over 10 years. I remember hearing about SACS looking into Auburn.

Original48
04-04-2013, 07:45 AM
The problem is Muschamps name popping up. Im sure Slive will do whatever he can to limit the scope of the investigation now that he's at Florida.

FISHDAWG
04-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Marcello just tweeted that he talked to the chick and she has a "part-2" coming out that concerns involvement of boosters .... against all odds, this one just might stick

FlabLoser
04-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Part 1: Grade changing, illegal benefits, collusion with police to keep the image clean

Part 2: Boosters

Part 3: Cheating and illegalities lead by high administrative officials at Auburn and people in high places at local banks

ComradeDawg
04-04-2013, 09:43 AM
I still dont understand how the hell those bastards got away with paying Cam to not play for us. the kid was locked and loaded and they swooped in a offered money and since we didnt, he was gone. I dont believe that he didnt know about it, shit, he is a smart kid. he knew what the hell was going on.

I think all this garbage coming out is a main reason they fired chiz last year. 3-9 was just icing on the cake to make it look better...

I hope they burn that ****ing place down and the NCAA gives them 5 years no play. they deserve it.

Political Hack
04-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I could write one hell of a book on this. The back story and political positioning that's happened and since resulted from this situation is seriously worthy of an HBO series.

FlabLoser
04-04-2013, 12:13 PM
"As The Plains Burn"

Original48
04-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Cowherd absolutely blistered Auburn on his show today...said its time to shut Auburn down. Probably the biggest loser in all this is Paul Finebaum. His Super Bowl is taking place without him.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-04-2013, 12:40 PM
I read the article an I'm not a lawyer, but it sounds like they are not only breaking NCAA rules, but also breaking serious laws. If the testimonies are true from the players, I think a little probation for football would be the least of their worries. Could some of the coaches be looking at jail time for their involvement with the police during the robbery case?

Rick Danko
04-04-2013, 01:18 PM
I remember when the Cam saga transpired, a poster on one of the Alabama boards came out and posted about how all records would be erased from the books, the school would lose all athletics, basically would become a D3 school, blah blah blah. Can't remember his posting name but I remember when he came out with this post everyone on that board collectively orgasmed at the same time because this poster just knew everything related to Alabama sports. Still waiting on that BS to happen so can't say I expect much out of this.

But man it would be sweet if Auburn did go down.

FlabLoser
04-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Cowherd absolutely blistered Auburn on his show today...said its time to shut Auburn down.

Let's start with Penn State and scale back their punishment to fit Auburn's crime. PSU got:

NCAA is imposing a fine of $60 million on the University (equivalent to proceeds of one year) — An endowment will be established to be used around the nation to serve victims of child abuse

Penn State Football will be banned from bowl games and post season play for 4 years

Initial scholarship reduced from 25 to 15 per year for four years

Enter, returning athletes are able to transfer and immediately complete

NCAA to vacate all wins of the football team from 1998 to 2011 and record will reflect change

Football program on 5-year probationary period

NCAA reserve right to initiate an investigation and impose sanctions on individuals

Auburn would get:

No fine

1 year bowl ban

3 scholarships over 2 years

No athletes can transfer

Vacating wins! Yes! Probably a few years worth. Damn that's harsh!

2 year probation

jlong78la
04-04-2013, 02:41 PM
All In: What it takes to be the best by Gene Chizik

FlabLoser
04-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Per twitterville, Jay Jacobs came out swinging tonight. Refuted the ESPN article point by point. Apparently looked impressive and credible doing it. Barrett Sallee twitter has a bunch of info on this.

Hopefully Jacobs has shown his hand and that Selena chick comes out with the rumored booster piece on Monday.

Gordon Gekko
04-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Danny Sheridan is waiting for Finebaum to come back so he can reveal the bagman...

PMDawg
04-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Anybody see the synthetic MJ story on ESPN.com yet? It's getting worse on the Plains. They bout to go down hard.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9135194/twelve-auburn-tigers-football-players-failed-synthetic-pot-tests

CadaverDawg
04-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Anybody see the synthetic MJ story on ESPN.com yet? It's getting worse on the Plains. They bout to go down hard.

Here ya go...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9135194/twelve-auburn-tigers-football-players-failed-synthetic-pot-tests