PDA

View Full Version : Is Freeze goode enough or has enough talent to over come the O-Line issues?

Jack Lambert
10-20-2015, 04:18 PM
What do you think?

Coach34
10-20-2015, 04:22 PM
Hayyyyyyle no

Their problems go far beyond their OL

PassInterference
10-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Is Ole Miss undefeated?

Bubb Rubb
10-20-2015, 04:38 PM
What do you think?

With their limitations on the o-line, they really become one dimensional. It doesn't matter how much you scheme or get creative...if you can't run the ball effectively or protect the QB, SEC defenses are gonna get you. The best they can do is try to slow down the pass rush with screens, and extend their running game to quick flares, hitches, and slants where the QB only needs a couple of seconds to get rid of it. But it's easy to scheme for that stuff when you know it's coming.

Lots of other issues too, though. They've become soft on their d-line since losing Gross. Their linebackers ain't getting it done, and besides Mike Hilton, they are really hurting in the secondary. Their defense is a bigger issue than their offense right now.

There's also the factor of the NCAA, along with a locker room full of prima donnas that are losing their desire to play for a dumpster fire.

That's a lot of stuff to overcome for a coach, especially one with severe limitations.

TrapGame
10-20-2015, 05:13 PM
They got major problems. Evan Engram even said so in an interview. No more swagger and one bad thing happens and they start to crumble. Freeze may be the second coming of Houston Nutt.

Bubb Rubb
10-20-2015, 05:24 PM
For the Reb lurkers:

PassInterference
10-20-2015, 06:31 PM
Seriously folks. Every rebel, except SOME of the old-timers, said this was the best rebel team in their lifetimes.

Crootin classes were top-heavy and Freeze ain't all that. When are they ever gonna listen?

thf24
10-20-2015, 07:24 PM
I've been trying to give Freeze the benefit of the doubt in light of his relative success at OM, but given his increasingly boneheaded coaching decisions and use of gimmicky shit no other decent coach does, I'm becoming convinced that he's a pretty terrible coach. I think it's plausible that top-end talent, half-competent staffs, and catching a lot of breaks over the past few years got him some relatively good records without having to actually be good at what he's doing, but the fact that he's been in over his head the whole time is catching up with him.

sorrydog
10-20-2015, 07:29 PM
Nope. They won't be able to block anyone left on their schedule. May lose them all.
Ain't life good!!!

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2015, 07:40 PM
I don't know why the Rebels are so upset about this.

Is this not what they knew they were buying 4 years ago?

Did Hugh Freeze really have the best resume of the candidates or did they just know that Hugh Freeze knew how to recruit?

IMO, you get what you bought. You bought a guy that knew how to work the system, but didn't have the pedigree, experience, or accomplishments to be considered a good or even average coach. You bought a recruiter, not a coach & he has given you exactly what you bought.

You don't get mad at your washing machine when it also doesn't work as a vacuum cleaner, so why would you get mad at a recruiter when he turns out to not be a great coach?

So, you say you want both a recruiter and a coach? Well get in line. By my estimation, Saban, Urban Meyer, maybe Bob Stoops, & Jim Harbaugh are the only ones that are both great recruiters and coaches. Pinkel, Mullen, Briles, Gundy, Snyder, McElwain, Patterson, & Rich Rod are good to great coaches that are average recruiters & Sweeney, Richt, Miles, Fisher, Butch Jones, & Sumlin are great recruiters that are average coaches. I have no clue what Malzahn is.

Point is, this is what Ole Miss bought & the talent pool of guys that are both great recruiters & great coaches, is very shallow.

PassInterference
10-20-2015, 07:50 PM
I know for a fact Ole Miss had trouble filling the Head Coach position. Hugh was far from the top of their list. The Nutt & Orgeron shit shows, and their Cutcliff handling, hurt them.

wasabaka
10-20-2015, 08:46 PM
I don't know why the Rebels are so upset about this.

Is this not what they knew they were buying 4 years ago?

Did Hugh Freeze really have the best resume of the candidates or did they just know that Hugh Freeze knew how to recruit?

IMO, you get what you bought. You bought a guy that knew how to work the system, but didn't have the pedigree, experience, or accomplishments to be considered a good or even average coach. You bought a recruiter, not a coach & he has given you exactly what you bought.

You don't get mad at your washing machine when it also doesn't work as a vacuum cleaner, so why would you get mad at a recruiter when he turns out to not be a great coach?

So, you say you want both a recruiter and a coach? Well get in line. By my estimation, Saban, Urban Meyer, maybe Bob Stoops, & Jim Harbaugh are the only ones that are both great recruiters and coaches. Pinkel, Mullen, Briles, Gundy, Snyder, McElwain, Patterson, & Rich Rod are good to great coaches that are average recruiters & Sweeney, Richt, Miles, Fisher, Butch Jones, & Sumlin are great recruiters that are average coaches. I have no clue what Malzahn is.

Point is, this is what Ole Miss bought & the talent pool of guys that are both great recruiters & great coaches, is very shallow.

Excellent post. Spot on.

BossDawg
10-20-2015, 11:14 PM

Well he did pretty good at Lambuth and Ark State...lol

Gen. Grant
10-20-2015, 11:54 PM
No, next.

Brando
10-21-2015, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;433526]

Speaking of that, who was on there list if anyone remembers? Im sure there were way better coaches then Buckie....

BossDawg
10-21-2015, 01:16 AM
They got major problems. Evan Engram even said so in an interview.

What exactly did he say?

TrapGame
10-21-2015, 07:27 AM
What exactly did he say?

I should have put the next sentence in quotes. He said the swagger is not there anymore and they have guys that crumble in the face of adversity. It almost sounds like the NFL prospects are closing shop until the draft.

Dental Dawg33
10-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Freeze made a deal with the devil and shit is hitting the fan. When adversity strikes, instead of pulling together as a program and fixing the problems, they point fingers and turn on one another. That is a lack of chemistry and is very polluting to a team. They have one of the most talented teams in decades up in oxpatch and they have a very realistic chance to lose 3 more games, and maybe all of them

MedDawg
10-21-2015, 08:31 AM

Coach34
10-21-2015, 08:44 AM
Freeze was their 6th choice- and he was hired over Hud

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2015, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=Brando;433610]

Gruden, Belichek, both Harbaughs as co-head coaches, then Freeze

You forgot Tony Dungy

paco
10-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Fedora was offered the job at UNM by Archie on a Thursday. Fedora said he wanted the weekend to think about it. Archie said no and offered Freeze. Fedora's gamble paid off as he accepted the UNC job that he wanted. I don't think any other offers were made by UNM.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2015, 09:59 AM
Offers are not the same as choices.

DancingRabbit
10-21-2015, 10:04 AM
Offers are not the same as choices.

Yeah, you usually don't offer unless you think there's a good chance they will take it.

Of course there are a lot of "feelers" put out there between search firms and agents.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Freeze made a deal with the devil and shit is hitting the fan. When adversity strikes, instead of pulling together as a program and fixing the problems, they point fingers and turn on one another. That is a lack of chemistry and is very polluting to a team. They have one of the most talented teams in decades up in oxpatch and they have a very realistic chance to lose 3 more games, and maybe all of them

He probably figures Some Ole MIss Booster is going to throw some more money at it and fix it.