PDA

View Full Version : Saunders and Freeze= He has to know where !!!!

Bocephus
10-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Orgeron hired both at OM. Freeze came with the Oher/Touhy plan and Saunders, with his self-proclaimed recruiting practice was brought in to get all they possibly could eligible. Its not hard to follow the timelines. If the ncaa can't figure this out then it doesn't matter what they do, its wide open.

Really Clark?
10-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Orgeron hired both at OM. Freeze came with the Oher/Touhy plan and Saunders, with his self-proclaimed recruiting practice was brought in to get all they possibly could eligible. Its not hard to follow the timelines. If the ncaa can't figure this out then it doesn't matter what they do, its wide open.

I'm kind of with you and have posted a bunch on this but the recruiting practice? If you mean really getting involved with the ACT administrator then they first met in 2005 and you had the whole Powe eligibility drama. I think that was the beginning of the WC ACT stuff. If you are talking the cell south deal he was involved in trying to help student athletes, then that was after he left in 2007. That's appears to be when things really cranked up but I think the beginning had to do with Powe and that spurred the rest of this. What and when Freeze knows? We have speculations

BrunswickDawg
10-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Freeze knows, just like Pitino knows. They don't ask about specifics so that they have plausible deniability - but they know.

Harrydawg
10-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Cell south cash deal? What is this?

Really Clark?
10-20-2015, 02:29 PM

Cellular South game plane initiative.

http://www.scout.com/college/ole-miss/story/714395-new-hope-for-mississippi-student-athletes

Going all the way back to I guess 2008 until Saunders went back to UNM in 2009-2010 there was a lot of smoke about "The Plan" and him using his position while working with the game plan to funnel several players to UNM and even tie in with The Ed Center, out of state players, Saunders paying for their rooms, a driver, etc. Cellular South disbanded the program in Jan 2011. About 8 days after Saunders left UNM for ULL. Saunders later that year filed suit against UNM for that 2010 year and his decreased salary and Boone not wanting to hire him to begin with. He alleged Boone was discriminating against athletes with learning disabilities. It is well known, and admitted by UNM people, that Boone did not want Saunders involved with the university and was hostile to Saunders about how Saunders went about getting players eligible. Especially some specific cases. Did Boone know the exact extent of what Saunders was doing? I don't know but Boone knew something was not on the up and up and cited acedemic integrity as a reason to not want him involved with the program.

Here is a copy of the notice of claim Saunders filed against UNM:

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/files/2011/08/Notice-of-Claim-Saunders-07.27.11-Redacted.pdf

I will say there were players who went to other schools as well through this and the 10 point grading system that was spearheaded by our own Watson implemented throughout the state. Another rumor is what caused all this to shut down was Saunders asking an alum to help fund a private foundation that would basically turn that place into a diploma mill. That alum alerted compliance and both universities supposedly worked together and called Cellular South about the game plan.

scottycameron
10-20-2015, 02:44 PM

getting all special ed, athletically gifted, students qualified. He learned the trick with powe, no doubt, and used it to get a ton of mississippi's finest a non-retard score on the ACT. The NCAA is desperately trying to defend the joke that their position on "student-athlete" is. They are not taking this lightly. Stay tuned. Bear trolls, be nervous. this will be BIG.

scottycameron
10-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Cellular South game plane initiative.

http://www.scout.com/college/ole-miss/story/714395-new-hope-for-mississippi-student-athletes

Going all the way back to I guess 2008 until Saunders went back to UNM in 2009-2010 there was a lot of smoke about "The Plan" and him using his position while working with the game plan to funnel several players to UNM and even tie in with The Ed Center, out of state players, Saunders paying for their rooms, a driver, etc. Cellular South disbanded the program in Jan 2011. About 8 days after Saunders left UNM for ULL. Saunders later that year filed suit against UNM for that 2010 year and his decreased salary and Boone not wanting to hire him to begin with. He alleged Boone was discriminating against athletes with learning disabilities. It is well known, and admitted by UNM people, that Boone did not want Saunders involved with the university and was hostile to Saunders about how Saunders went about getting players eligible. Especially some specific cases. Did Boone know the exact extent of what Saunders was doing? I don't know but Boone knew something was not on the up and up and cited acedemic integrity as a reason to not want him involved with the program.

Here is a copy of the notice of claim Saunders filed against UNM:

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/files/2011/08/Notice-of-Claim-Saunders-07.27.11-Redacted.pdf

LOL, Petey Boone kept Powe out of OM athletics for what, 3 years? They kept adding him to their recruiting class as a 5 star every freaking year. Hilarious. Nutt finally got him lawyered up with a firm that specializes in dumb athletes and the NCAA and Boone had to give in. He must have been in his mid twenties when he played his first game, lol.
How ironic is it that the guy all OM fans hate the most, Petey Boone, may turn out to be the guy that saved them if they weasel out of this? Karma.

TrapGame
10-20-2015, 03:00 PM
What if the NCAA really gets their pants in a bunch over Grade-gate? Paying recruits? Yawn, everybody does it some way. But, falsifying grades on the ACT? Oh, my! The hammer of the gods may be coming down on UNM. If this is proven to be akin to a RICO operation like in organized crime the NCAA may set an example with the Plantation!

Really Clark?
10-20-2015, 03:02 PM
LOL, Petey Boone kept Powe out of OM athletics for what, 3 years? They kept adding him to their recruiting class as a 5 star every freaking year. Hilarious. Nutt finally got him lawyered up with a firm that specializes in dumb athletes and the NCAA and Boone had to give in. He must have been in his mid twenties when he played his first game, lol.
How ironic is it that the guy all OM fans hate the most, Petey Boone, may turn out to be the guy that saved them if they weasel out of this? Karma.

Ha. I personally think Nutt is the gift that keeps on giving. When he and Boone were negotiating to keep him at UNM after 2009, Saunders was a big sticking point. Boone wanted no part of him but Nutt would not budge. Boone finally caved but then kept stalling on Saunders contract then cut his salary from the original amount of $120,000 to $12 per hour. Boone was trying to get him to leave and away from the program as soon as possible. At this point, he may have done enough damage anyway.

Jack Lambert
10-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Freeze and Saunders are like pissing in your pants. At first it's nice and warm but then it gets cold and uncomfortable then you have to do something about it

AlSwearengen
10-20-2015, 03:13 PM
All of this explains why Boone was so despised among the rank and file olemiss people and why he was a primary target of the "forward rebel" group. He wasn't toeing the line that they wanted him to toe and do "whatever it takes" and they wanted him out of the way.

Bocephus
10-20-2015, 03:24 PM
All of this explains why Boone was so despised among the rank and file olemiss people and why he was a primary target of the "forward rebel" group. He wasn't toeing the line that they wanted him to toe and do "whatever it takes" and they wanted him out of the way.

By George you've got it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-20-2015, 03:33 PM
https://vimeo.com/40185768
http://www.sectalk.com/board/topic/80496-the-forward-rebelsjerrell-powe-thread/

LeakyD
10-20-2015, 04:01 PM
I remember Boone not letting Powe work out in the IPF and the masses going crazy about it. Boone knew the Powe situation was dirty from the start. Boone didn't want that Powe connection even after Powe's OM playing days were over. This is one of the last things I remember before Boone was forced out. Seemed like Boone was being a jerk, but now the story is adding up.