PDA

View Full Version : Dak was on SEC Now live last night

Dawgbite
10-20-2015, 08:46 AM
It was a little after 7pm and he did a great job. He did mention that too many players were waiting on somebody else to make a play and that something finally clicked after going down 14 to LA Tech. They asked if he knew how many pass attempts he had without an interception, he guessed at least 200 but had to be told the exact amount. He said he just wants the team to win and he will do whatever it takes to make that happen.

Beaver
10-20-2015, 08:52 AM
He did mention that too many players were waiting on somebody else to make a play and that something finally clicked after going down 14 to LA Tech.

I think that's the 3rd time I've heard/read that this season-either from Dak or Mullen.

TheRef
10-20-2015, 08:58 AM
I think that's the 3rd time I've heard/read that this season-either from Dak or Mullen.

According to Mullen, this is the first time he has truly seen Dak pissed off. We went down 14 and Dak was more pissed off than ever.

Coach34
10-20-2015, 09:01 AM
Checkdown Charlie

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2015, 09:54 AM
Checkdown Charlie

Man, give it a rest. A big part of what we have to do to be successful this year is to NOT TURN THE BALL OVER. It's not last year. Jeez.

justwin
10-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Checkdown Charlie

I hear ya. Would've thought he'd be looking at 4K & 35+ td passes this year under Air Raid, but won't even be close.

BB30
10-20-2015, 10:15 AM
I hear ya. Would've thought he'd be looking at 4K & 35+ td passes this year under Air Raid, but won't even be close.

hysterical-yea he is just 2nd in the league this year with a hair over 1700 yds will finish with 3k+ and 22+ tds. But yall are right Fitz is a better fit Dak is terrible.

Boya
10-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Fitz won't check it down...he throws the bomb every play ! **

I am getting a little sick of the "throw the bomb" crowd... Y'all sound like the little kids sitting behind me at games questioning the play calling.

MadDawg
10-20-2015, 02:54 PM
The Xbox generation

FISHDAWG
10-20-2015, 03:18 PM
The Xbox generation

that's why they call it generation - X**

Maroon_and_white
10-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Fitz won't check it down...he throws the bomb every play ! **

I am getting a little sick of the "throw the bomb" crowd... Y'all sound like the little kids sitting behind me at games questioning the play calling.

Throwing it deep stretches the field and is a key ingredient to an effective offense, especially one that is pass heavy. Dak began stretching the field with deep throws against LA Tech and you saw our most proficient offensive game this year.

ClawjoDawg
10-20-2015, 03:30 PM
Checkdown Charlie

Farcical

maroonmania
10-20-2015, 03:31 PM
Man, give it a rest. A big part of what we have to do to be successful this year is to NOT TURN THE BALL OVER. It's not last year. Jeez.

I really don't mind the checkdowns as long as we keep moving the sticks. What I DO mind is when the defense is basically begging Dak to run and he won't do it. I almost came unglued this past weekend on the pass to Walley in the end zone (where Walley got his head taken off) where its was 3rd and 5 from the LT 7 yard line. If you look at the replay on that situation the WHOLE middle of the defense was WIDE open with nobody there. I mean to the point that I believe Dak could have run straight to the goal line and been there before any defender even touched him but instead he tried to make the back of the end zone throw and nearly got Gus decapitated. Dak not running has really only ended up costing us one game so far (LSU) but boy what a big difference being 6-1, 2-1 in the SEC would be from our current position of 5-2, 1-2. Losing Dak's threat to run has hurt a lot this year on what our offense can do. I don't understand why we don't at least call some rollouts to allow Dak the option to run more rather than just sitting him in the pocket ALL the time. Heck, even Driskel had several called rollouts on us.

DownwardDawg
10-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Enjoy Dak while you can. It's like enjoying our number 1 ranking last year. As a State fan you have to learn to enjoy these "moments" in MSU history.

Now I'm not saying we'll suck next year because I love what I've seen from Fitz/Staley so far, but Dak is special. He's one of the best QB's in college football going on 2 years now. When is the last time we've been able to say that about a State QB?

This post was not directed at the OP.

MadDawg
10-20-2015, 03:37 PM
If you look at the replay on that situation the WHOLE middle of the defense was WIDE open with nobody there. I mean to the point that I believe Dak could have run straight to the goal line and been there before any defender even touched him but instead he tried to make the back of the end zone throw and nearly got Gus decapitated.

I just watched the play again. I'll just be nice and say it's not like you described.

And there was a reason Dak wasn't running much early in the year.

defiantdog
10-20-2015, 04:14 PM
I don't get this Checkdown Charlie crap. I'd rather Dak check down the ball, then get the shit knocked out of him. Fitz may be a damn good football player, but he's not Dak..... yet. Fitz hasn't seen a real defense or gotten his face smashed in yet. You have to understand a person's lows to respect the highs.

archdog
10-20-2015, 04:37 PM
I don't get the check down smack either. The man is controlling the game. The one thing I would like to comment on is why do we rarely hit a reciever while they are moving. Most of our routes are 8 yard curls where they have completely stopped their motion before the catch. aTm hits their guys in stride it seems. Last year Wilson was a beast in both the Lsu and auburn game on the move.

maroonmania
10-20-2015, 05:06 PM
I just watched the play again. I'll just be nice and say it's not like you described.

And there was a reason Dak wasn't running much early in the year.

I watched it live and I watched the replay on the jumbotron. You are telling me he wouldn't have run for a TD pretty easily on that? Maybe there is some defender showing up on the TV angle that sure didn't show up on the vantage point that I had at the game. And yea, its one play, but its been somewhat of a recurring theme that running is an absolute last resort if even that.