10-20-2015, 01:05 AM
Nm

Political Hack
10-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Not until we know he's not going to #FumbLee

Coach34
10-20-2015, 08:30 AM

you realize every RB has fumbled this year right?

Political Hack
10-20-2015, 08:34 AM

How many carries does DLee have? How many times has he fumbled?

I'll take the %'s.

BB30
10-20-2015, 08:44 AM
I would love to see him play an entire game so dead horse beating would end. Currently none of our RB's are getting just a ton of carries which must mean there is a trust issue there. We have fumbled the football quite a bit. Do yall think that we would have a consistent run game against Bama or really any team with a pulse right now. We averaged 3.4 yds a carry this past weekend. I want a running game as much as anyone but it looks like its just not going to happen this year. I think the most frustrating thing is we have had a good run game even when we have been absolutely terrible and now we have virtually no run game.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Pass blocking is important

Really Clark?
10-20-2015, 08:55 AM
I was looking the fumbles up just for comparison. Shump and Holloway have both fumbled twice in their career here. That's with about 153 and 130 touches respectively. Williams has 1 fumble with 23 touches and Lee has 1 with 18. I hope and suspect that they will get much better. For someone that had fumble issues that, along with the emergence of JRob, caused him to lose touches, Milton had 3 fumbles on 49 touches. I am glad Mullen has kept giving Williams opportunities even with a costly fumble against A & M, since he doesn't have a track record to overcome it yet.

Political Hack
10-20-2015, 09:05 AM
H
I was looking the fumbles up just for comparison. Shump and Holloway have both fumbled twice in their career here. That's with about 153 and 130 touches respectively. Williams has 1 fumble with 23 touches and Lee has 1 with 18. I hope and suspect that they will get much better. For someone that had fumble issues that, along with the emergence of JRob, caused him to lose touches, Milton had 3 fumbles on 49 touches. I am glad Mullen has kept giving Williams opportunities even with a costly fumble against A & M, since he doesn't have a track record to overcome it yet.

Yep. Can't fumble 5+% of the time and expect to get the rock. & like DGD said, lots more to RB than just that too.

People acting like CDM doesn't want to play the guys that give us the best chance to win is laughable. Even when he played Bell at FG kicker forever it was because he knew if he got over the mental hump, he'd be a great weapon. Just never happened and he finally made the switch. DLee and AW just have to earn his trust in practice and with limited reps.

YazooDawg23
10-20-2015, 09:07 AM
Let's not forget about Shumpert's two drops that have altered our season.

Really Clark?
10-20-2015, 09:14 AM
Let's not forget about Shumpert's two drops that have altered our season.

Well you get into never ending lists of what if's going down that path. What if Dak threw a better pass? What if our defense didn't spot the opposing team 14 points to start those games? What if Wilson doesn't fumble against A & M? Coman makes the pick late against A & M and possibly scores? Better last minute against LSU?...it's a team game and it all counts but rarely is it just one player or play that costs you. Unless your Michigan.

Bass Chaser
10-20-2015, 09:15 AM
I don't think it's just about the fumbles but the way he carries the ball. There's a pic on 247 from Saturday's game where he's carring the ball like a loaf of bread. How many times does he carry this way?

YazooDawg23
10-20-2015, 09:25 AM
Shumpert is our worst ball carrier and it is not close. I would bet the O Line hates blocking for the kid because his vision is nonexistent.

YazooDawg23
10-20-2015, 09:26 AM
The worst thing is we are stuck with him for another year.

OzarkaNSW
10-20-2015, 09:32 AM
Shump is rivaling senior year Dontae Walker as one of the worst seasons for a Miss St running back of all time. Look at the numbers. Alarming similarities.

MSUDawg4Life
10-20-2015, 09:36 AM
It's interesting to see how people readily excuse an older and supposedly more seasoned Gus Walley not being able to hang on to the ball. But, DLee and AWilliams ... one fumble ... inexcusable.

Gus Walley is run out there repeatedly to butterfinger and juggle the ball.

smh

Free DLee!

YazooDawg23
10-20-2015, 09:38 AM
This will get this post locked but sometimes injuries are the best thing that happens to us.

YazooDawg23
10-20-2015, 09:40 AM
Final point. WE WOULD BE A BETTER TEAM WITHOUT ASHLEY SHUMPERT.

Coach34
10-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Final point. WE WOULD BE A BETTER TEAM WITHOUT ASHLEY SHUMPERT.

thats not true. He is very good on ST's, does a great job in pass pro, very good leader and effort guy. He's just not starting RB material. Move him to Zach Jackson's spot and by the end of the season- he will be a better player there.

YazooDawg23
10-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Ok I'll budge. We would be a better team if Ashley never played another offensive series.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2015, 09:46 AM

You do realize he was carrying the ball in the wrong hand and like a loaf of bread when he fumbled? Some fumbles aren't preventable. That one was.

Johnson85
10-20-2015, 09:52 AM
thats not true. He is very good on ST's, does a great job in pass pro, very good leader and effort guy. He's just not starting RB material. Move him to Zach Jackson's spot and by the end of the season- he will be a better player there.

Is Shumpert really fast or quick enough to play defense? His running isn't all about vision. Sometimes he hits the right hole and he just can't get through it quickly enough. Unless it's just a mental thing where he just tightens up and can't run as soon as he puts his hands on the football, it looks like the only position he's athletic enough for is FB.

Irondawg
10-20-2015, 09:54 AM
You do realize he was carrying the ball in the wrong hand and like a loaf of bread when he fumbled? Some fumbles aren't preventable. That one was.

Not to mention it was a week after Williams fumbled b/c of the same thing. You can't tell me that wasn't a point of emphasis in practice last week.

However I'd love to get them a legit chance and start one of this week with very clear notice that if you fumble you're on the pine.

17thebears
10-20-2015, 09:55 AM

With those hips, he wouldn't be able to cover you.

justwin
10-20-2015, 10:05 AM

I'm kind of glad Lee went ahead and got his fumble out of the way....break the ice. Williams got his out of the way two weeks ago and I thought he played his best game last week with blocking, inside/outside running, catching, etc. Each of their fumbles are correctable. Lee had just used his left hand to stiff arm and with another step or two probably shifts it over properly.