PDA

View Full Version : Bill Walsh Mullen better come up with a good plan this week

Coach34
10-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Kentucky had a couple extra days to prepare and will be jumping all these short ass routes. They will be well-schooled on tendencies out of certain formations. They are going to attack Holloway in pass pro during certain passing situations.

We're going to beat Kentucky- But Walsh-Mullen better improve his game this week. It wont be easy.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2015, 08:50 PM
LOL.

shoeless joe
10-19-2015, 09:29 PM
I expect a few small things to be different, which will make a big difference. Starting with who gets a majority of the carries.

War Machine Dawg
10-19-2015, 09:39 PM
I expect a few small things to be different, which will make a big difference. Starting with who gets a majority of the carries.

http://i.imgur.com/MKqTF99.gif

Todd4State
10-19-2015, 11:08 PM

I think the best we can hope for at this point is a four RB rotation.

justwin
10-20-2015, 12:16 AM
#freedontavianlee#

basedog
10-20-2015, 05:32 AM
I would say 45-6 the last 49 minutes of the game against LaTech was our best game.

Any Sec game is gonna be tough, Kentucky no doubt will give us there best shot and we have to improve on what we did last week. I saw improvement, one with a change at guard replacing Despar and our depth at wide outs. Manny changed the defense that was very effective the last 3 quarters. Our special teams are playing the best I've seen since Mullen has been head coach.

Gonna be a close game against Kentucky but being at home I like our chances.

bulldawg28
10-20-2015, 06:39 AM
Our team is starting to gain steam and come together. This game may be a blow out.

dawg21
10-20-2015, 06:58 AM
I think we roll.

Jack Lambert
10-20-2015, 08:42 AM
Every offense scripts the first series and they add two or more plays that has not been seen. KY will get some yardage early and I hope we can limit them to field goals. I have full confidence that Diaz will figure the offense out fast. We just need our offense to move the ball and score on the first series.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-20-2015, 08:46 AM
We win by 10+

sleepy dawg
10-20-2015, 08:49 AM
I think the best we can hope for at this point is a four RB rotation.

I agree. You can forget about Lee and Williams getting the bulk of the carries.

shoeless joe
10-20-2015, 12:01 PM
I agree. You can forget about Lee and Williams getting the bulk of the carries.

I disagree

TrapGame
10-20-2015, 12:06 PM
UK is soft on the corners. After a few successful jet sweeps I'd start some misdirection with Myles or Holloway then run Lee or Williams between the tackles. UK couldn't stop AU's offense and they won't stop ours either.

Sacrifice
10-20-2015, 12:23 PM
If Mullen would get his head out of his a$$ and run Lee, we'd win by 2 TDs. What we'll probably see is the Shump-Holloway show and we won't be able to run the ball so we'll have to pass it 40 times and it'll be a close game. Lee and Dear should never come off the field... I know Lee fumbled ONCE but on that play he was one defender away from breaking a 40 yard TD off a freakin swing pass. I'm all in man #freedontavianlee

FISHDAWG
10-20-2015, 12:43 PM
If Mullen would get his head out of his a$$ and run Lee, we'd win by 2 TDs. What we'll probably see is the Shump-Holloway show and we won't be able to run the ball so we'll have to pass it 40 times and it'll be a close game. Lee and Dear should never come off the field... I know Lee fumbled ONCE but on that play he was one defender away from breaking a 40 yard TD off a freakin swing pass. I'm all in man #freedontavianlee

we didn't see that show against La Tech ... I never saw Shump even handle the ball

Sacrifice
10-20-2015, 12:58 PM
we didn't see that show against La Tech ... I never saw Shump even handle the ball

Shump was held out Saturday with back problems.

War Machine Dawg
10-20-2015, 01:10 PM

How do our fans, three days later, not realize a starter didn't play due to injury?

blacklistedbully
10-20-2015, 01:33 PM
When Shump is healthy will we see Ladarius Perkins 2013 redux, or will Dan make the move to our most effective runners?

LP 2013 2.0 can be either more Shump, more Holloway as the main RB, or both. With LP, he could be very effective when used properly (2010-2012). Holloway could fill the 2010-12 LP role nicely, but give us the same problems or worse than LP in 2013, if used the same way LP was in '13.

Shump just doesn't seem to have it as an RB in our league. Like the kid, and think he could be a stud for us at another position, just not as the main RB.

The way Dan has called it this year, it's looked too much like LP 2013, but with fewer runs/more passing rather than multiple wasted runs between the tackles for little or no gain by an RB who can't break through the line.

Dan is still a relatively young coach, who is no doubt still learning his craft, improving as a HC. Will he adjust enough this year to send us on a tear, or will we see what looks like more stubborn refusal to acknowledge a change is in order?

I'm sensing a little change-in-the-wind from Dan, just a little more willingness to consider alternatives. I hope I'm right.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-20-2015, 01:41 PM
I still think Aeris is the guy who's going to takeover sooner rather than later. He's slowly taking more & more reps. I think it's just a matter of time.

FISHDAWG
10-20-2015, 01:43 PM
How do our fans, three days later, not realize a starter didn't play due to injury?

believe me - it's entirely possible ... I just thought Dan was going in a different direction ..... thanks for screwing that dream up for me

TrapGame
10-20-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm sensing a little change-in-the-wind from Dan, just a little more willingness to consider alternatives. I hope I'm right.

I agree. You could tell his last presser that he seemed more open to try something new. I'd be willing to bet Lee and Williams touch the ball way more than Shump Saturday.

shoeless joe
10-20-2015, 02:05 PM
I still think Aeris is the guy who's going to takeover sooner rather than later. He's slowly taking more & more reps. I think it's just a matter of time.

Been saying it all year...and now I'm saying it may be sooner than most think.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Been saying it all year...and now I'm saying it may be sooner than most think.

100% agree

blacklistedbully
10-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Just curious, why Aeris over Lee?

defiantdog
10-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Just curious, why Aeris over Lee?

I like Lee better..... he fights for yards. Aeris needs to find some confidence back there..... he's running not to make a mistake. Lee isn't afraid to take on a tackler and push for extra yards. We don't need someone who's afraid to make a mistake.

Bama_Dawg
10-20-2015, 03:11 PM
Here's the superstitious side of me coming out, but if we wear black uni's like we think we are...we're doomed.

To my recollection, we've never won wearing black.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Here's the superstitious side of me coming out, but if we wear black uni's like we think we are...we're doomed.

To my recollection, we've never won wearing black.

Beat La Tech in black uniforms.

sleepy dawg
10-20-2015, 05:45 PM
I disagree

Why do you disagree? I have never seen Mullen go against this practice.

shoeless joe
10-20-2015, 07:40 PM
Why do you disagree? I have never seen Mullen go against this practice.

Based on what I've seen I think dan wants to increase Aeris' work load. If not for the fumble at aTm I think we may have seen it even more at this point. IMO he is the best back we have of the four. I know there is a love fest goin on for Lee but I am of the opinion that Aeris is and will be the better back.

And if what I was told wasn't just smoke being blown then the folks that matter also have this opinion.

War Machine Dawg
10-20-2015, 08:31 PM
Based on what I've seen I think dan wants to increase Aeris' work load. If not for the fumble at aTm I think we may have seen it even more at this point. IMO he is the best back we have of the four. I know there is a love fest goin on for Lee but I am of the opinion that Aeris is and will be the better back.

And if what I was told wasn't just smoke being blown then the folks that matter also have this opinion.

I just don't see how you can watch them play and come to that conclusion. I'm sure Aeris looks great in practice, but I'm not that impressed with what I've seen in game action. He's averaging less than 4.5 YPC, for crying out loud. But then again, I thought he was way overhyped coming out of HS. Every bit of film I saw on him was him running over guys going straight downhill. No wiggle or agility. I just didn't see a RB with that style being successful consistently in the SEC.

Lee, on the other hand, is averaging right at 8 YPC. He's shown the ability not only to move the pile but to make people miss. And he's got a burst I just haven't seen from Shump or even Williams. I probably should have put this in AC QB this week, but here are the numbers for our RBs this season.

Shump: 42 for 159 yards, 3.8 YPC, long rush of 20
Holloway: 36 for 160 yards, 4.4 YPC, long rush of 35
Williams: 21 for 91 yards, 4.3 YPC, long rush of 17
Lee: 16 for 128 yards, 8 YPC, long rush of 24

Now tell me, who should get the bulk of carries at RB?

shoeless joe
10-20-2015, 09:02 PM
I just don't see how you can watch them play and come to that conclusion. I'm sure Aeris looks great in practice, but I'm not that impressed with what I've seen in game action. He's averaging less than 4.5 YPC, for crying out loud. But then again, I thought he was way overhyped coming out of HS. Every bit of film I saw on him was him running over guys going straight downhill. No wiggle or agility. I just didn't see a RB with that style being successful consistently in the SEC.

Lee, on the other hand, is averaging right at 8 YPC. He's shown the ability not only to move the pile but to make people miss. And he's got a burst I just haven't seen from Shump or even Williams. I probably should have put this in AC QB this week, but here are the numbers for our RBs this season.

Nevermind...time will tell.

Sacrifice
10-20-2015, 09:15 PM

When is see Lee run, I see a back with vision, sweet feet, a burst, great hands and can truck a MoFo if need be. He's the perfect RB for us right now. How in the world this kid only has 16 carries on the season is absolutely driving me CRAZY!! Especially with our running game being none existent this season...

Coach34
10-20-2015, 09:29 PM
Lee presses the hole and doesnt dance. His vision is really good. How anybody doesnt want him getting more carries makes no sense. He is far and away the best runner of the ball we have.

CadaverDawg
10-20-2015, 11:22 PM
I think Williams is the best all around RB, but I think Lee is the best RB for us right now. Meaning, as long as our OL play is lacking, Lee seems to be our best bet at running through tackles and moving a pile. But, once our OL improves as this year progresses and into next season, I think Williams will be our best pure RB. However, I still think Lee is Really good and will be a very close #2 without much separation, just a different style and change of pace. I actually think Williams and Lee can be a tremendous complement to one another behind a slightly better OL next year. Technically they may be THIS year if we could see them get the opportunity to complement one another. Our best drive of the game vs La Tech was with Williams and Lee rotating in and out, if I'm not mistaken, when we scored to cut the lead to 14-7.

I don't expect most to agree with this, and that's totally cool because I could be wrong.

FISHDAWG
10-21-2015, 07:30 AM

I sure thought I saw him on special teams ... maybe I was wrong