PDA

View Full Version : Jeffery Simmons...

CadaverDawg
10-19-2015, 05:17 PM
Just saw where he recently said if he had to choose today, it would come down to Ole Miss or Alabama. I've seen several say they feel confident he will sign with us.....do you still feel the same? Is this just telling Bear247 what they want to hear? Or have things changed?

Thanks

maroonmania
10-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Just saw where he recently said if he had to choose today, it would come down to Ole Miss or Alabama. I've seen several say they feel confident he will sign with us.....do you still feel the same? Is this just telling Bear247 what they want to hear? Or have things changed?

Thanks

Surprised any top prospect would name OM as a leader with all the NCAA problems in Oxford. Either OM has done a great job keeping all this covered up to recruits OR opposing recruiting coaches (like ours) have done a poor job of pointing out the obvious that is going on with the enema the OM football program is about to get.

Dawgtini
10-19-2015, 05:33 PM
I have no inside knowledge, but my advice is to be patient.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2015, 05:35 PM
I have no inside knowledge, but my advice is to be patient.

Yea, I have a feeling it's just David Johnson being himself. That being said, just wanted to make sure there hadn't been any bigger developments that would make him not have us in his top choices right now.

GreenheadDawg
10-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Yea, I have a feeling it's just David Johnson being himself. That being said, just wanted to make sure there hadn't been any bigger developments that would make him not have us in his top choices right now.

The article I saw wasn't written by David I don't think. I just don't know why these kids continue to fall for OM's bullshit. He would have a chance to play immediately here. Obviously he can't start but can still see some minutes**

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 05:52 PM
I'll be surprised if he doesn't sign with MSU. I wouldn't trade positions with any other team.

mic
10-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Who does Mr David not have going to OM... ???
Let it play out we will be fine....

Long time between now and Feb... Might be a lot go down at OM before then....

CadaverDawg
10-19-2015, 05:56 PM
I'll be surprised if he doesn't sign with MSU. I wouldn't trade positions with any other team.

Boom. Thanks, Dan.

[thread comes to an abrupt stop]

hailmari
10-19-2015, 05:59 PM
He honestly probably would start at OM next year. I don't know their roster well, but the only returning DLs I can think of will be Haynes and Speaks.

But he'd definitely get significant playing time here also.

Coach34
10-19-2015, 06:21 PM

Thanks

He's giving them the Leo Lewis

Saltydog
10-19-2015, 06:55 PM
underclassmen. Ryan Brown is leaving and Calvin and Coleman have been less than impressive.

Todd4State
10-19-2015, 07:46 PM
He honestly probably would start at OM next year. I don't know their roster well, but the only returning DLs I can think of will be Haynes and Speaks.

But he'd definitely get significant playing time here also.

He would also be playing for a team racked with probation.

Todd4State
10-19-2015, 07:47 PM
The article I saw wasn't written by David I don't think. I just don't know why these kids continue to fall for OM's bullshit. He would have a chance to play immediately here. Obviously he can't start but can still see some minutes**

You're assuming that an Ole Miss web site wrote a recruiting article objectively and truthfully without any "curveballs".

tcdog70
10-19-2015, 07:50 PM
The breeze here in Macon is blowing toward Starkville

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 07:50 PM
underclassmen. Ryan Brown is leaving and Calvin and Coleman have been less than impressive.

It's going to be very difficult for Simmons to stay at DE. Not saying impossible but he's 275lbs already before even stepping on a college campus. He's going to have to fight extremely hard to keep his weight down low enough for DE. I personally think he's a more developed Fletcher Cox. He'd have a chance to earn a starting spot at DT IMO.

msstate7
10-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Recruiting guys... Do you feel there are any commitments coming soon?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Recruiting guys... Do you feel there are any commitments coming soon?

Maybe by mid-late November unless somebody just decides to up & end it.

Coach34
10-19-2015, 08:14 PM
The breeze here in Macon is blowing toward Starkville

yep. Leo Lewis 2016 version

Coach34
10-19-2015, 08:15 PM
You're assuming that an Ole Miss web site wrote a recruiting article objectively and truthfully without any "curveballs".

David Johnson literally says every recruit is going to Ole Missus until they commit to State

missouridawg
10-19-2015, 08:38 PM
I have a feeling, that over the course of the next 10 to 15 days, that we there will be a lot of prospects, as reported by David Johnson, to be leaning away from MSU and towards Ole Miss.

Think about it... aTm is coming to town this weekend to welcome Tunsil back to college football. Memphis just waxed that ass. The NCAA is lubing up to wax that ass. Tee Shephard is doing his best "tickled pig" impression. Ole Miss faithful have all of the sudden had a huge turn agains the entire coaching staff, inclusive of bashing the vaunted 2013 recruiting class that turned out to be 6 players deep...

I would expect the anti-MSU rhetoric knob to be turned full blast up in the greatest town in all of Lafayette County.

I still wish we had someone who took every nugget about prospects that David Johnson writes, gathers them for a year, and then shows the results. Player that lean MSU the entire time... are reported by all sites (LSU, Auburn, Bama, MSU...) to be MSU leans the entire time... are always predicted to Ole Miss and not even considering MSU according to Johnson. I wish I could be that bad at my job and not get fired.

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 09:15 PM
I will start by saying I think Dan is the right coach for us, but how do any of y'all come to the conclusion that a player will get significant minutes even start for us as a true freshman given Dans track record with playing these young players ? Blast away.

msstate7
10-19-2015, 09:36 PM
I will start by saying I think Dan is the right coach for us, but how do any of y'all come to the conclusion that a player will get significant minutes even start for us as a true freshman given Dans track record with playing these young players ? Blast away.

Dear playing a bunch

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 09:38 PM
Dear playing a bunch

After Ross was injured. Oh and Myles forgot about that but him playing for them isn't my point. Him playing period is my point. He is a play maker as Myles and Ross are. Hell get them all on the field together before they were injured.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Dear, Peters, Ross, Wilson, Jones, Cox, Boyd, Banks, Smith, Heavens, I could go on. All got significant playing time as true freshmen.

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Dear, Peters, Ross, Wilson, Jones, Cox, Boyd, Banks, Smith, Heavens, I could go on. All got significant playing time as true freshmen.

And I will agree with that. Yes they got significant minutes, but not the minutes that their talents deserved Dan. Put them on the field leave them there and let a FOOTBALL player make plays.

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 09:50 PM
And I will agree with that. Yes they got significant minutes, but not the minutes that their talents deserved Dan. Put them on the field leave them there and let a FOOTBALL player make plays.

Do you remember Chris Jones freshman year, the egg bowl, late in the game and he was tapping to come out. We left him in there and made him get it. Made a play as well.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2015, 09:54 PM
Really, to me, the seniority issue comes in to play at the RB & QB positions more than any other.

The biggest complaints we've had are when Perkins was playing over Robinson & Russell was playing over Dak. I think Dan asks a awful lot from those two positions in terms of "knowing what to do" and he doesn't play guys until he's fully comfortable.

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 09:55 PM
Do you remember Chris Jones freshman year, the egg bowl, late in the game and he was tapping to come out. We left him in there and made him get it. Made a play as well.

I sure do. Do you remember all the plays Robinson was on the side lines while he was the better runner? Or all the plays of Shump and Holloway up the middle this year with the better runners on the sidelines this year? Shirley you understand what I'm trying to point out here.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 10:02 PM
I sure do. Do you remember all the plays Robinson was on the side lines while he was the better runner? Or all the plays of Shump and Holloway up the middle this year with the better runners on the sidelines this year? Shirley you understand what I'm trying to point out here.

So are we counting RS freshmen too?

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 10:06 PM
So are we counting RS freshmen too?

I'm counting anyone who is clearly a better player standing on the sidelines while a less talented (more developed) player gets more reps. Or undersized forgot that.

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 10:10 PM

No. We are clueless about this horse you are beating. You asked if he has ever...and when you get a laundry list response of examples that disagrees with your point you rather keep pushing with a much smaller sample size. How bout when Bumphis started as a freshman. Or Perkins as a freshman got significant minutes. And let's not discuss anything off the field that might have effected a talented player getting more playing time. Or the fact in limit time our two freshman RB are avg a fumble every 20-25 touches. You will come back with Shump's fumble against USM but over look the fact that he has had 2 fumbles over 3 years so far. Yes they are talented. They are getting more touches as the year has gone on and it seems they will continue to do so. Will it be enough or actual play out? I don't know lets see how it plays out.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 10:14 PM
I'm counting anyone who is clearly a better player standing on the sidelines while a less talented (more developed) player gets more reps. Or undersized forgot that.

So you're changing your complaint? 1st he never plays true freshmen but that's been proven false so now it's anyone who's clearly better? How many of these do you have? JRob? The freshmen RB now? Even though none of the RB are avg more than 7 carries. Who are all these other guys? Also are we talking about starting or playing more reps bc that's not 1 in the same?

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 10:17 PM
No. We are clueless about this horse you are beating. You asked if he has ever...and when you get a laundry list response of examples that disagrees with your point you rather keep pushing with a much smaller sample size. How bout when Bumphis started as a freshman. Or Perkins as a freshman got significant minutes. And let's not discuss anything off the field that might have effected a talented player getting more playing time. Or the fact in limit time our two freshman RB are avg a fumble every 20-25 touches. You will come back with Shump's fumble against USM but over look the fact that he has had 2 fumbles over 3 years so far. Yes they are talented. They are getting more touches as the year has gone on and it seems they will continue to do so. Will it be enough or actual play out? I don't know lets see how it plays out.

Don't go getting your panties in a bunch Megan. We just want to see the best players on the field and there would be no horse to beat if your hubby would get his head out of his ass and play the best players.

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 10:20 PM
So you're changing your complaint? 1st he never plays true freshmen but that's been proven false so now it's anyone who's clearly better? How many of these do you have? JRob? The freshmen RB now? Even though none of the RB are avg more than 7 carries. Who are all these other guys? Also are we talking about starting or playing more reps bc that's not 1 in the same?
You know exactly what I'm saying. Put the best player at his position on the field and let him play. Quit twisting my post and putting words in my mouth to fit your argument.

Homedawg
10-19-2015, 10:23 PM
You know exactly what I'm saying. Put the best player at his position on the field and let him play. Quit twisting my post and putting words in my mouth to fit your argument.

Just take your beating and move on....

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 10:24 PM

"y'all come to the conclusion that a player will get significant minutes even start for us as a true freshman given Dans track record with playing these young players ? Blast away."

This was your initial comment. How did I twist your words? You said them not me. I just disproved your thoughts & you changed your tune to playing the best players. I then ask who was on this long list of players on the sideline. I don't think I twisted or put words in your mouth. Actually I asked for words to come out of your mouth.

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 10:26 PM
Don't go getting your panties in a bunch Megan. We just want to see the best players on the field and there would be no horse to beat if your hubby would get his head out of his ass and play the best players.

Nice. You get beat down by several example of the best freshman players playing significant minutes, per your original complaint and this is your come back. I have examples of questionable playing time issues but when you look at the whole of his tenure and what type of program he is building, then the questions shrink.

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 10:26 PM
Just take your beating and move on....

A beating how?

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 10:41 PM
Nice. You get beat down by several example of the best freshman players playing significant minutes, per your original complaint and this is your come back. I have examples of questionable playing time issues but when you look at the whole of his tenure and what type of program he is building, then the questions shrink.

No , the questions don't shrink. Why isn't Dear on the field more? Why isn't Williams on the field more? Why isn't Lee on the field more? Why isn't Johnson on the field more? The questions can go on and on. The significant minutes I'm talking about them playing are the minutes they play because they are better than the player in front of them, not the significant minutes they because the player in front of them is hurt or we have a big lead and they play significant minutes. You damn good and well know this and are just twisting things to fit you're agenda.

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 10:51 PM
No , the questions don't shrink. Why isn't Dear on the field more? Why isn't Williams on the field more? Why isn't Lee on the field more? Why isn't Johnson on the field more? The questions can go on and on. The significant minutes I'm talking about them playing are the minutes they play because they are better than the player in front of them, not the significant minutes they because the player in front of them is hurt or we have a big lead and they play significant minutes. You damn good and well know this and are just twisting things to fit you're agenda.

My agenda? You asked for people to give you examples of true freshman playing significant minutes because of your agenda that it doesn't happen under Mullen. Dispute those examples but don't come back with a different line to fit your agenda and try to change the debate because you can't dispute the examples. You asked for true freshman getting significant minutes or starting and it was given to you. You didn't like the answer because it didn't fit your agenda. Check your attitude I'm not the one getting bent because they were wrong.

Homedawg
10-19-2015, 10:52 PM
A beating how?

You ran your pie hole- got called out, moved the bar and keep going- just quit. You lost....

Homedawg
10-19-2015, 10:56 PM

Dear is really good, but he isn't better than Ross. They play the same position. Johnson is better than who? I like him, but this is a stupid ass statement, we have be very careful to use him situationally. He's not ready to play every down. But since you are practice every day I guess you know that huh? Just please stop- the backup qb isn't always better. Our coaches want to win more than your stupid ass- please.

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 10:58 PM
My agenda? You asked for people to give you examples of true freshman playing significant minutes because of your agenda that it doesn't happen under Mullen. Dispute those examples but don't come back with a different line to fit your agenda and try to change the debate because you can't dispute the examples. You asked for true freshman getting significant minutes or starting and it was given to you. You didn't like the answer because it didn't fit your agenda. Check your attitude I'm not the one getting bent because they were wrong.
Dude yes you are. Step back look at the whole picture. We DO NOT HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS playing at their position taking the most snaps at their position. Keep spinning.

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 11:02 PM
Dear is really good, but he isn't better than Ross. They play the same position. Johnson is better than who? I like him, but this is a stupid ass statement, we have be very careful to use him situationally. He's not ready to play every down. But since you are practice every day I guess you know that huh? Just please stop- the backup qb isn't always better. Our coaches want to win more than your stupid ass- please.

Where have I ever mentioned a back up QB dumbass. Dak is the best to ever don the maroon and white. You're putting words in my mouth that are bullshit and you know it. And since they wanna win more why the 17 do they keep running Holloways little ass up the middle instead of Lee or Williams? Got a answer for that dumbass?

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 11:05 PM
Dude yes you are. Step back look at the whole picture. We DO NOT HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS playing at their position taking the most snaps at their position. Keep spinning.

What spin? You started this by asking if Dan has ever had true freshman start or play significant minutes since he has been here. Dispute the examples but don't give me this hyperbole. It's your agenda that he has not EVER played true freshman in significant minutes. Debate those examples but nobody was giving you spin. You then tried to change the debate with a bigger criteria or specific examples of players that were or are NOT true freshman. Do you know what spin even is? How bout this. Our first TD of the year was thrown to a true freshman TE.

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 11:13 PM
What spin? You started this by asking if Dan has ever had true freshman start or play significant minutes since he has been here. Dispute the examples but don't give me this hyperbole. It's your agenda that he has not EVER played true freshman in significant minutes. Debate those examples but nobody was giving you spin. You then tried to change the debate with a bigger criteria or specific examples of players that were or are NOT true freshman. Do you know what spin even is? How bout this. Our first TD of the year was thrown to a true freshman TE.

If that's what you say I said I hope and pray to God you don't have a degree from MSU. If so you make us all look stupid with you're reading comprehension. Quit replying to what you think I said moron and reply to what I actually said.

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 11:23 PM
If that's what you say I said I hope and pray to God you don't have a degree from MSU. If so you make us all look stupid with you're reading comprehension. Quit replying to what you think I said moron and reply to what I actually said.

"I will start by saying I think Dan is the right coach for us, but how do any of y'all come to the conclusion that a player will get significant minutes even start for us as a true freshman given Dans track record with playing these young players ? Blast away."

I have a reading comprehension problem? This is what you posted. How else could that be comprehended? And I think it best you not try to attack people on the board about their degrees from MSU or the mental capabilities of others until you understand what you wrote.

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 11:23 PM

"I will start by saying I think Dan is the right coach for us, but how do any of y'all come to the conclusion that a player will get significant minutes even start for us as a true freshman given Dans track record with playing these young players ? Blast away."

I have a reading comprehension problem? This is what you posted. How else could that be comprehended? And I think it best you not try to attack people on the board about their degrees from MSU or the mental capabilities of others until you understand what you wrote.

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 11:40 PM

Ok. I shouldn't attack when I was attacked first. Get real bruh. I'm not going to back down when I know I am right. I don't care how you comprehend what I said Dan Mullen doesn't play our best players first. He plays players that are their senior because of player evaluation. I don't think he did a very good job evaluating Holloway. Do you? You know 100% what Im saying you just wanna prove a point and argue to argue because I don't think Mullen walks on water. I get it dude.

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 11:57 PM
Ok. I shouldn't attack when I was attacked first. Get real bruh. I'm not going to back down when I know I am right. I don't care how you comprehend what I said Dan Mullen doesn't play our best players first. He plays players that are their senior because of player evaluation. I don't think he did a very good job evaluating Holloway. Do you? You know 100% what Im saying you just wanna prove a point and argue to argue because I don't think Mullen walks on water. I get it dude.

You really need to reread the prior posts. First you asked and even went so far as to say blast away about true freshman players getting significant playing time or starting. You were never attacked first but people gave you the examples you were requesting. You didn't like that your first post was proven wrong. You attacked first with the don't get your panties in a bunch Megan remark. I never attacked you personally, you did in several posts. Nobody's comprehension was faulty but you changed the debate multiple times. I even posted that I have examples that I could question about personnel descisions but I choose to also note the times he has played younger guys over older players, contrary to your narrative.

Treemydawg
10-20-2015, 12:14 AM
Yes you are right about blast away as in blast away about disagreeing with Dan. My first post IS NOT PROVEN WRONG Dan plays seniority over everything else. Talent be damned we are playing the most senior players wether they have the talent our young guys have or not.

JohnnyQuid
10-20-2015, 12:43 AM
TL'DR. dak is best evar. stop running holloway up the gut or ima vomit. want to see more of : dear, lee, williams. can't we all be unretarded. boom

Treemydawg
10-20-2015, 12:53 AM
Look bud, since you want to be the biggest Internet hero I will give in. You are right I am wrong, damn the family members that are former bulldog athletes that I hear different from. Damn the former bulldog athletes that are family members that I hear and know different from. You are the know all end all. My family members that don't know shit and will be corrected by me thanks to your input. I will get them straightened out and let them know Clark says otherwise. My family that won a egg bowl at qb and had one of the meanest S.O.Bs to every play safety in the SEC will now know Mullen plays his best players because Clark said so. My family that played for MSU my family that loves MSU and my family that still supports MSU. But please continue to get your jollies off twisting my post to words I didn't say so you can bitch about something that I said.

Really Clark?
10-20-2015, 07:31 AM
Um.....What? That was another poster responding. I went to bed. And for your education an Internet Superhero is defined by Urban Dictionary as:

A person who boasts and make himself appear awesome over the internet by stating comments such as 'I'll beat your ass if I ever see you IRL' and being generally what they think can be described as 'bad-ass'. This is made possible by the privacy of the internet and where there is absolutely no chance of this person ever meeting the one he threatens.

You think that is what I was posting vs what you posted? I don't know how many times now you have taken what you posted and tried to reflect it on me and others. I can be sarcastic, bullheaded and even a prick, but how did you get to me being an Internet Superhero or even attacking you first? I encourage you to not just discuss this with your family but please let them read this thread. Hopefully, an open dialogue with them will help with the comprehension.

If you don't want examples, don't ask for it. I know posters who I have debated and disagreed with on this or similar topics at least acknowledge or use the same examples as being a point on the side of the playing younger guys as well. It didn't change their overall criticism of how he handled JRob or the RB's this year. That's fair. Just because someone has a different take or offers a possible explanation doesn't mean the coach is infallible. But you are just absolutely blinded in the belief or agenda that he has never played true freshman at least significant minutes. Or with your changing of the debate tactic, he always leaves the better players on the sidelines for older guys. That is 100% incorrect and people who are very much in agreement with your point of view, to a degree, will agree you are wrong with the absolute stance you are making.

engie
10-20-2015, 07:35 AM
Say -- do you happen to know a guy by the name of Philip Sandersen? He has many aliases here. *?

Homedawg
10-20-2015, 07:38 AM
Where have I ever mentioned a back up QB dumbass. Dak is the best to ever don the maroon and white. You're putting words in my mouth that are bullshit and you know it. And since they wanna win more why the 17 do they keep running Holloways little ass up the middle instead of Lee or Williams? Got a answer for that dumbass?

Analogy stupid ****. Backup qb is always better. I'm done wasting my time w you.

Really Clark?
10-20-2015, 07:49 AM
Either trolling or smashed. I haven't really decided which but his spelling and grammar didn't go off the rail, so I guess he was trolling. Or Whitfield let him have a computer and Internet hook up. Bizarre to have your reading comprehension and mental acumen questioned by someone who completely failed to comprehend what they wrote and argue down more than one poster about it.

Rick Danko
10-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Can I have the 5 minutes of my life back I just wasted reading this thread in hopes of getting more info on Simmons. SMDH....

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-20-2015, 08:02 AM
Maybe, just maybe, D. Lee or some of these players not seeing the field need to realize this isn't small town MS high school anymore and there is a standard you are expected to live up to. As much as it frustrates me sometimes, Mullen is going to play the players that he trusts and who did all the right things in the off season. This has been the approach since he's been here and it's not going to change and I would be worried if it did. I guess we could go back to the last couple of years of Jackie's tenure...that was fun.

Coach34
10-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Tree lost this battle

As a wise asst coach once told Bobby Bouche- "Live a play another day"