PDA

View Full Version : CJ might be back this week

starkvegasdawg
10-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Bucky hinting that CJ might be back in action against A&M. Think he's really ready or Freeze just risking players' health to try and salvage the season?

Coach34
10-19-2015, 04:49 PM
He'sgot to have Dr's clearance to play them- now then some Dr's will cow down to pressure and let guys go early...

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 05:39 PM
19 days after surgery? Doctors said 4-6 weeks and now 2 weeks after surgery Freeze hinting he may be back this weekend? Either he is playing head games for the game or he is pushing for him to get back too soon.

hailmari
10-19-2015, 05:53 PM
He was bouncing around on the sidelines last week against NMSU. Either crazy good healer or he shops at the same GNC as that Florida QB..

msstate7
10-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Is there risk in coming back to early or is just pain involved?

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 05:59 PM
He was bouncing around on the sidelines last week against NMSU. Either crazy good healer or he shops at the same GNC as that Florida QB..

You mean the Memphis game? Find it hard to believe he is jumping up and down 4 days after surgery for a torn meniscus.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2015, 06:00 PM
If he had Tunsilitis, there may not have been a surgery...or it could have just been a scope.

GreenheadDawg
10-19-2015, 06:02 PM

Big difference in bouncing around and being able to make a cut on that repaired meniscus

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 06:07 PM
If he had Tunsilitis, there may not have been a surgery...or it could have just been a scope.

You see that's the way it was first reported. Just getting his knee scoped. Which would be a minor meniscus repair and it's possible to resume activity in 2-3 weeks. Then after the surgery it was he would be out 4-6 weeks which is usually a little more involved. Then you have Conner who went from being out a min of 4 games to possibly all year. Now I know doctors can miss stuff and people heal a little faster than thought but from everybody reporting doctors saying 4-6 weeks to less than 3? That seems questionable. And I have doubts he really plays this week.

Todd4State
10-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Is there risk in coming back to early or is just pain involved?

It's always riskier to come back too soon with any injury.

msstate7
10-19-2015, 06:15 PM
It's always riskier to come back too soon with any injury.

Yeah, but cj is seeing his career and his team's goal slipping away. I can see a player in his position pushing it even if it's not wise... His coach should step in and stop it though, if it's a bad move

Coach34
10-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Unless your meniscus is really jacked up- you should never miss more than 4 weeks on a knee scope

chef dixon
10-19-2015, 06:57 PM
Bucky hinting that CJ might be back in action against A&M. Think he's really ready or Freeze just risking players' health to try and salvage the season?

He's not any good at linebacker anyway.

msstate7
10-19-2015, 07:21 PM
He's not any good at linebacker anyway.

Makes you wonder why they moved him. Cj was a good pass rusher and OM only has 11 sacks all year

woozman
10-19-2015, 07:29 PM
I hope that the young man can make it back as soon as possible. Won't matter, though. Conner and Gross are the cogs missing in their defense, not a DE that a clueless coach has playing LB...

Todd4State
10-19-2015, 07:30 PM
Yeah, but cj is seeing his career and his team's goal slipping away. I can see a player in his position pushing it even if it's not wise... His coach should step in and stop it though, if it's a bad move

I don't think Freeze or Ole Miss cares about any of their players livelihood once they leave Ole Miss. I wouldn't be shocked to see Nkemdiche back out there even after the concussion.

If CJ wants to push it on his own- that's his prerogative.

Todd4State
10-19-2015, 07:32 PM
Makes you wonder why they moved him. Cj was a good pass rusher and OM only has 11 sacks all year

I think they miss Gross plus the fact that their secondary was air tight last year. I'm sure a lot of their sacks last year came in part because QB's had to hold the ball waiting on someone to get open.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 07:57 PM

They only had 28 last year. They weren't a big sack team last year & CJ only had 4.

I seen it dawg
10-19-2015, 08:58 PM
People stop saying meniscus "repair" and put it at 4 week timetable. A true repair he's done for season. If it's just a scope and they do a meniscectomy (clean up) then he can be back as soon as his body let's him.

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 09:24 PM
People stop saying meniscus "repair" and put it at 4 week timetable. A true repair he's done for season. If it's just a scope and they do a meniscectomy (clean up) then he can be back as soon as his body let's him.

This is and other reports are where people are getting this from.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2015/10/06/rebels-lb-cj-johnson-may-undergo-surgery/73451960/

Covercorner2
10-19-2015, 09:52 PM

Honestly, I think Freeze thought they had so much talent on the DL that they wouldn't miss a beat. Oh, and their LBs are and were abysmal.

Bubb Rubb
10-19-2015, 10:19 PM
It doesn't matter to me about CJ. The big loss for them - the "this is the death knoll to our season" loss is Conyers. Tunsil can't block four to six guys every play. Conyers was their anchor. Gross and Conner really set them back, but offensively, they could still score. That Conyers loss really kills their offense. They couldn't run the ball to begin with. Now they can't protect the QB. All they can do offensively now is throw very quick slants, hitches, and screens. Every team on their schedule from here on out can scheme to stop that.

Jarius
10-19-2015, 10:43 PM
He sucks in every game except the egg bowl anyway. Let him play. He's too damn slow to play linebacker anyway.

Johnson85
10-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Now I know doctors can miss stuff and people heal a little faster than thought but from everybody reporting doctors saying 4-6 weeks to less than 3? That seems questionable. And I have doubts he really plays this week.

Nobody thought Dak would be able to play in the egg bowl in 2013. Not exactly the same as meniscus damage, but stuff happens.

Plus, this is CJ's last year of football. He doesn't have a career to protect. Is there really any long term damage that he's going to suffer from rolling the dice on coming back early from a knee injury?