PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to one of my favorite players-going into the MSU HoF

tcdog70
10-19-2015, 12:08 PM
Ray Costic was a beast. This being Kentucky week, I remember Ray getting 29 tackles and Us beating KY 14-7.
Ray was from Moss Point and we signed Him and a bunch of other MP players. Another favorite was Little Henry Davidson. Ray was an All-American His Sr year. We won 9 and lost 2 on the field.

basedog
10-19-2015, 02:14 PM
Ray Costic was a beast. This being Kentucky week, I remember Ray getting 29 tackles and Us beating KY 14-7.
Ray was from Moss Point and we signed Him and a bunch of other MP players. Another favorite was Little Henry Davidson. Ray was an All-American His Sr year. We won 9 and lost 2 on the field.

Thanks for bringing up Ray Costic, well over due in Msu HOF, but glad he will be honored.

That game was played in Jackson if I recall.

drunkernhelldawg
10-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Thanks for mentioning the 9-2 record. People think we never had a good season until after they were born.

tcdog70
10-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Costic played with Harvey Hull another All-American. Bama held us for 4 plays on the goal line or we would have won the SEC.

basedog
10-19-2015, 04:53 PM
Costic played with Harvey Hull another All-American. Bama held us for 4 plays on the goal line or we would have won the SEC.

Bear Bryant raved about Harvey Hull, it was so quick, never have a seen a nose guard who could get right on top of a center w/o being off sides!

Bullmutt
10-19-2015, 05:13 PM
Bear Bryant raved about Harvey Hull, it was so quick, never have a seen a nose guard who could get right on top of a center w/o being off sides!

Also never saw a down lineman who made plays sideline to sideline like Harvey. His motor was off the charts.

tcdog70
10-19-2015, 07:54 PM
Who remembers Tom Goode and Bob Tyler having a huge blowup because we couldn't punch it in with 4 trys from the 1 yard line against Bama

Spiderman
10-19-2015, 08:48 PM

True story on Harvey Hull's recruitment...............

Hull lived on the man's place that his family worked for.

One late Saturday night the phone rang at that man's house. He answered the phone and the person calling said he understood that Harvey Hull had no phone in his house but that he lived on the man's place and wondered if he could get Harvey to the phone.

The man said, "Hell, no. I ain't gonna walk all the way down there to get that boy to the phone, it's almost midnight."

After slamming down the phone, the man's wife asked who was it.

"Some stupid sumbitch wanting me to go get that Hull boy to the phone.... Said his name was Paul Bryant, whoever the hell that is."

Fred Garvin
10-19-2015, 09:04 PM
True story on Harvey Hull's recruitment...............

Hull lived on the man's place that his family worked for.

One late Saturday night the phone rang at that man's house. He answered the phone and the person calling said he understood that Harvey Hull had no phone in his house but that he lived on the man's place and wondered if he could get Harvey to the phone.

The man said, "Hell, no. I ain't gonna walk all the way down there to get that boy to the phone, it's almost midnight."

After slamming down the phone, the man's wife asked who was it.

"Some stupid sumbitch wanting me to go get that Hull boy to the phone.... Said his name was Paul Bryant, whoever the hell that is."

That is a great story. I never heard that one.

basedog
10-20-2015, 05:23 AM
AROB44 can talk Harvey Hull and Walter Packer recruiting! LOL!

Walter Packer is another great running back. Bob Tyler was a recruiting machine, don't ask how?