PDA

View Full Version : Watching the game on DVR

DanDority
10-19-2015, 11:48 AM
After being at the game and not watching it T.V. the crew that did the game, who in the hell were these guys? Damn they were TURRRUABLE!
Sorry if this has already been discussed.

LC Dawg
10-19-2015, 03:57 PM
I forgot to record the game so I've got a question for you or anyone who did record it.
On Tech's last possession of the 1st half, after we blocked the punt and scored, Tech started the drive with 49 seconds on the clock. I think Tech completed a pass but the play came back for holding. We then called a timeout. Would the clock have started if we had not called the timeout? My thought was that it was no play so the clock wouldn't have started until the ball was snapped. If seems like we could have saved that timeout for the next play and we would have had enough timeouts to at least force them to punt again right after we had blocked a punt.
I may be remembering the sequence incorrectly but I don't have it recorded to check.

Homedawg
10-19-2015, 04:07 PM
I forgot to record the game so I've got a question for you or anyone who did record it.
On Tech's last possession of the 1st half, after we blocked the punt and scored, Tech started the drive with 49 seconds on the clock. I think Tech completed a pass but the play came back for holding. We then called a timeout. Would the clock have started if we had not called the timeout? My thought was that it was no play so the clock wouldn't have started until the ball was snapped. If seems like we could have saved that timeout for the next play and we would have had enough timeouts to at least force them to punt again right after we had blocked a punt.
I may be remembering the sequence incorrectly but I don't have it recorded to check.

Yes, the clock did start and we called timeout prior to replaying first down.

LC Dawg
10-19-2015, 04:10 PM

Thanks.

10-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Replay can be viewed on WatchESPN if anyone is interested.

maroonmania
10-19-2015, 04:37 PM

Which means that IF we were really interested in getting the ball back we should have declined the holding penalty. Once we had to take our first timeout PRIOR to first down being replayed it was just a waste of everyone's time for us to take the rest of them unless we were just hoping for a fumbled snap or something.

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 05:05 PM
Which means that IF we were really interested in getting the ball back we should have declined the holding penalty. Once we had to take our first timeout PRIOR to first down being replayed it was just a waste of everyone's time for us to take the rest of them unless we were just hoping for a fumbled snap or something.

I don't think that's correct. When inside of one minute you would have a possible 10 second runoff but I think we could decline that as well as the offended team but without using the timeout the clock would have started back on the ref's signal not the snap of the ball. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think this was the correct way to keep the most time on the clock in this circumstance.

Bully13
10-19-2015, 09:27 PM
I had to go back and watch that 43 yard line call. that was epic. at first they placed the ball correctly on the LA Tech side, then before the snap, they whistle and say it belonged on OUR 43. then the camera goes to the LA tech QB emphatically pointing towards our side of the field. his other hand was probably jerking his junk. I still can't believe that shit happened. 'bout 11 minutes or so in the 2nd half if anybody wants to take a look.

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 11:28 PM
I don't think that's correct. When inside of one minute you would have a possible 10 second runoff but I think we could decline that as well as the offended team but without using the timeout the clock would have started back on the ref's signal not the snap of the ball. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think this was the correct way to keep the most time on the clock in this circumstance.
You Sir are correct.