PDA

View Full Version : Peeps, apologies for the delay.....

War Machine Dawg
10-19-2015, 11:16 AM
But the Kicking the Dog Edition of AC QB is finally up at FWTCT (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2015/10/19/9565249/wmd-armchair-qb-kicking-the-dawg-edition-msu-bulldogs-la-tech-dak-prescott-dan-mullen). You know the drill. Let's talk LA Tech beatdown.

Mjoelner34
10-19-2015, 11:37 AM
"It's not even debatable that Lee is our best pure runner right now. He got 21 yards on 3 carries for 7 yards a pop. Yeah, he had the fumble. Big deal, every one of our RBs have fumbled. But Mullen being Mullen, he'll hold it against Lee for eternity, even though we recovered it. It's like Mullen is intentionally trying to not play him to avoid what's already a RB controversy. #FreeLee"

Did anyone else see Mullen come onto the field and get up Lee's ass sideways after the fumble? Not saying he didn't deserve it but I don't recall a similar situation occuring when Shump, Williams, Wally or Bear fumbled. Do we hold our 4th string players to a higher standard or just Lee?

War Machine Dawg
10-19-2015, 11:40 AM
"It's not even debatable that Lee is our best pure runner right now. He got 21 yards on 3 carries for 7 yards a pop. Yeah, he had the fumble. Big deal, every one of our RBs have fumbled. But Mullen being Mullen, he'll hold it against Lee for eternity, even though we recovered it. It's like Mullen is intentionally trying to not play him to avoid what's already a RB controversy. #FreeLee"

Did anyone else see Mullen come onto the field and get up Lee's ass sideways after the fumble? Not saying he didn't deserve it but I don't recall a similar situation occuring when Shump, Williams, Wally or Bear fumbled. Do we hold our 4th string players to a higher standard or just Lee?

Absolutely saw that. Then Lee tried to go back to the huddle and Mullen sent in Williams. It pissed me off so bad. No one can show up one of Mule's favorites.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2015, 11:47 AM
Lee was carrying the ball in the wrong hand. Lee knew it too. Did you happen to notice his reaction on the ground? I would say by his reaction that that has been something he has been hearing about in practice and he knew what would be coming. Mullen did what he needed to do.

thf24
10-19-2015, 11:52 AM
Something I've been wondering since Saturday: why is targeting reviewable when it's called, but not when it's not? Is it not either subjective or absolute either way?

drunkernhelldawg
10-19-2015, 12:00 PM
Mullen knows that we won't win if our players don't hold onto the football. This ain't high school.

DistrictDawg92
10-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Something I've been wondering since Saturday: why is targeting reviewable when it's called, but not when it's not? Is it not either subjective or absolute either way?

I have always believed that any penalty regarding the health of a player, whether it's targeting, going for the knees, or chop block, should be reviewable whether it was called or not. If the penalty is instituted to help avoid injuries for the players, then why shouldn't it be reviewable at all times? I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a ref in the box watching a live stream of the spider cam, which would give him a different and more efficient view than any ref's on the field. I know people don't like change, but if you have the technology, use it.

War Machine Dawg
10-19-2015, 09:32 PM
Shameless late Monday bump

State82
10-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Straight up nailed #1. Other observations too, but spot on for #1. No more OOC to give us an opportunity to dilly dally and get back in the game starting this week. Spot UK 14 and sit and watch what happens Sat.

Treemydawg
10-19-2015, 10:53 PM
Shameless late Monday bump

Nobody ever said Pimpin was easy.

Joe Schmedlap
10-20-2015, 07:00 AM
Mullen knows that we won't win if our players don't hold onto the football. This ain't high school.

Walley kept playing despite having butter fingers.

Political Hack
10-20-2015, 08:38 AM
Lee was carrying the ball in the wrong hand. Lee knew it too. Did you happen to notice his reaction on the ground? I would say by his reaction that that has been something he has been hearing about in practice and he knew what would be coming. Mullen did what he needed to do.

People getting pissed that our coach is coaching them up? Unreal...

It's a problem and needs to be addressed. If you can't hold on to the rock, you can't run the rock. Anyone suggesting to hand the ball off to a kid that fumbles a fairly large percent of the time has lost their damn marbles.