PDA

View Full Version : Hutcherson

justwin
10-19-2015, 09:30 AM
appears the JUCO to SEC acclimation period has ended. I had pretty much written him off as a noncontributor until he made several nice catches and blocks this past weekend. He really stepped up this weekend and a pleasant surprise as we may really need him down the stretch. Happy to see him make plays

archdog
10-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Is this his last year, or does he have another one?

archdog
10-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Wanted to add, that guy looks good out there. Big target.

FISHDAWG
10-19-2015, 09:34 AM
agreed ... it's nice having the tight end back into the playbook ... been missing a lot of that so far this season

CadaverDawg
10-19-2015, 09:38 AM
This is it for him

BulldogDX55
10-19-2015, 10:40 AM
This is it for him

Shame that he developed this late. Would have liked to have gotten more use out of him. If he does continue this pace, I think he gets picked up as am UDFA for an NFL squad. He has the size for it.

FISHDAWG
10-19-2015, 10:43 AM
Shame that he developed this late. Would have liked to have gotten more use out of him. If he does continue this pace, I think he gets picked up as am UDFA for an NFL squad. He has the size for it.

I'm still missing Artimus Samuel

Jack Lambert
10-19-2015, 11:04 AM
agreed ... it's nice having the tight end back into the playbook ... been missing a lot of that so far this season

Walley has been pretty good all year. He can't help getting hurt.

FISHDAWG
10-19-2015, 11:07 AM

I get that but we just haven't used him a lot ... not to the extent that we used Johnson or Green when they were there

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 11:17 AM
I get that but we just haven't used him a lot ... not to the extent that we used Johnson or Green when they were there

Gus has 15 rec & he's missed 2 & 1/2 games. Malcolm career high was 30 & Marcus was 19. He was on pace to surpass both pretty easily if he could stay healthy.

War Machine Dawg
10-19-2015, 11:25 AM

Gus has 15 rec & he's missed 2 & 1/2 games. Malcolm career high was 30 & Marcus was 19. He was on pace to surpass both pretty easily if he could stay healthy.

But that's been the story of his career - an inability to stay healthy. I'm ready to see us incorporate Justin Johnson more. That dude is a BEAST blocking and a huge mismatch we just aren't exploiting enough in the passing game. He's a converted WR, for crying out loud. Throw him the damn ball.

Bama_Dawg
10-19-2015, 02:46 PM

I have to put this week's injury on Dak. He hung Gus out on both throws. Hopefully Dak sends Gus a fruit basket and some Advil.

Jack Lambert
10-19-2015, 03:01 PM
But that's been the story of his career - an inability to stay healthy. I'm ready to see us incorporate Justin Johnson more. That dude is a BEAST blocking and a huge mismatch we just aren't exploiting enough in the passing game. He's a converted WR, for crying out loud. Throw him the damn ball.

This is the first year he has had a lot of playing time.

War Machine Dawg
10-19-2015, 03:37 PM
This is the first year he has had a lot of playing time.

Who are you talking about? If it's Walley, that's because he's been hurt most of the time. He's fragile. Hate it for him, but you can't count on him.

tcdog70
10-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Who are you talking about? If it's Walley, that's because he's been hurt most of the time. He's fragile. Hate it for him, but you can't count on him.

Here we go again. He gets His Dick knocked in his Watch pocket then two plays later he goes up on a floater across. The middle and gets knocked the **** out---but you can t count on Him?? Damn you ****ers are harsh. He is a warrior and He can play on my team.

Barking 13
10-19-2015, 08:05 PM
I'm still missing Artimus Samuel

I'm still missing Donald Lee

Coach34
10-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Here we go again. He gets His Dick knocked in his Watch pocket then two plays later he goes up on a floater across. The middle and gets knocked the **** out---but you can t count on Him?? Damn you ****ers are harsh. He is a warrior and He can play on my team.

agree with TC here- Dakota left him out to dry on the hit in the end zone- stared his ass down. Walley is a baller and a really good receiving TE. Glad he will be back next year. He and 81 will make a good combo

msstate7
10-19-2015, 08:28 PM
agree with TC here- Dakota left him out to dry on the hit in the end zone- stared his ass down. Walley is a baller and a really good receiving TE. Glad he will be back next year. He and 81 will make a good combo

Does walley block well enough to be an every down te?

Do we expect dontea jones to in school next season? If so, along with Christian Roberson, we could be in great shape at te considering Justin Johnson is gonna be good

Coach34
10-19-2015, 08:36 PM
Does walley block well enough to be an every down te?

He blocks with effort and is smart. He and 81 will get 90% of the TE reps next year no matter who else we have

War Machine Dawg
10-19-2015, 09:36 PM

It has nothing to do with one game or one particular hit. He's like Tobias Smith so far as I'm concerned. Good player who can't stay healthy. No one has even mentioned that he had JUST come back from ankle and hand injuries. Yeah, Dak hung him out to dry. But there's a 3 year history of repeated injury. That's what I mean when I say he can't be counted on. You never know if he'll be on the field or how long if he is on it.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
10-19-2015, 11:14 PM
as far as I know Farrod Green and BJ Hammond are in the TE group as well. That's 6 TEs next year w/ Gus as the starter. Personally, I want to see Justin Johnson play the Malcolm Johnson role for the next 3 yrs, w/ Roberson & Dontae Jones giving Dan two big mismatches in the passing game after redshirting. Extremely glad to see Hutch showing out, not often that we get a 6'7 offensive weapon, but I don't know that we ever had room to keep him 3 years to play 2. I'm more concerned w/ addressing a logjam at TE than depth for the foreseeable future.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 11:32 PM
as far as I know Farrod Green and BJ Hammond are in the TE group as well. That's 6 TEs next year w/ Gus as the starter. Personally, I want to see Justin Johnson play the Malcolm Johnson role for the next 3 yrs, w/ Roberson & Dontae Jones giving Dan two big mismatches in the passing game after redshirting. Extremely glad to see Hutch showing out, not often that we get a 6'7 offensive weapon, but I don't know that we ever had room to keep him 3 years to play 2. I'm more concerned w/ addressing a logjam at TE than depth for the foreseeable future.

BJ is no longer on the team.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
10-20-2015, 10:24 AM
BJ is no longer on the team.

didn't know that, but not overly surprised. hope he makes it rapping, it's a tough game to find success in, even w/ talent. the internet and social media have made it easier to bring attention to yourself as an underground artist, but have also flooded the market with countless one & done mixtape artists who spend more time promoting themselves on twitter than actually working on their craft.