PDA

View Full Version : Dak

BB30
10-19-2015, 08:40 AM
Per a topic on SEC rant, do yall think Dak is a top 10 SEC QB all time? Statistically I think he is. One of their main arguments against him being a top ten QB is wins and losses. Is it more impressive what he has done at state then say what Mcelroy or Mccarron did at Bama?

Coach34
10-19-2015, 08:43 AM
He is 19-8 as a starting QB- may want to remind them of that.

Jack Lambert
Per a topic on SEC rant, do yall think Dak is a top 10 SEC QB all time? Statistically I think he is. One of their main arguments against him being a top ten QB is wins and losses. Is it more impressive what he has done at state then say what Mcelroy or Mccarron did at Bama?

That just proves how good he is. He did what he did with a bunch of two and three star guys. You think McElroy or Mccarron would have done what they did at Miss State. Hell put Dak on those bama teams and see what his numbers would have been. Isn't like Dak has had five 5* Lineman in front of him.

Heck put Dak on Bama or LSU this year and you could just give the DR. Pepper trophet to them. Saban would let LK Crack his wife to have Dak on his team this year.

mparkerfd20
Top 20, yes. Top 10 all time? Probably not.

Coach34
10-19-2015, 08:45 AM
He is easily a top 10 QB. His stats put him there not to mention his record as a starting QB at one of the SEC's historically worst programs

archdog
10-19-2015, 08:51 AM
He is easily a top 10 QB. His stats put him there not to mention his record as a starting QB at one of the SEC's historically worst programs

Bingo. Only argument you need.

Leroy Jenkins
10-19-2015, 08:51 AM
Last years Dak or this years Dak?

justwin
10-19-2015, 08:52 AM
needs to beat Bama. Lesser qbs have beaten Bama

Maroonthirteen
10-19-2015, 08:54 AM
I had the same thought Saturday night. If LSU had not overlooked Dak, they would win the NC this year.

Rayburn8
10-19-2015, 08:55 AM

If we had this year's Dak last year, we beat Bama for sure and maybe Ole Miss.

basedog
10-19-2015, 08:58 AM
That just proves how good he is. He did what he did with a bunch of two and three star guys. You think McElroy or Mccarron would have done what they did at Miss State. Hell put Dak on those bama teams and see what his numbers would have been. Isn't like Dak has had five 5* Lineman in front of him.

Heck put Dak on Bama or LSU this year and you could just give the DR. Pepper trophet to them. Saban would let LK Crack his wife to have Dak on his team this year.

More amazing to me is the fact Msu was number 1 in the nation for 5 weeks. Dak may be the most popular player in Msu football history. Great leader and seems to be a great person. Not sure where he ranks on ability but as for as leadership he is way up there.

Taog Redloh
10-19-2015, 09:16 AM
I had the same thought Saturday night. If LSU had not overlooked Dak, they would win the NC this year.
I'm not sure this is true. He would not have received the same QB coaching at LSU (well, until this year).

Coach007
10-19-2015, 09:22 AM
At the suggestion of some here, I ventured over to that site. I left before I really started. No offense to those of you that go there, but it not a great board. Its more of a "whoever says something gets attacked" no matter what the topic. Even msu fans are some how infected with the disease.

I found it to be nothing more than a low IQ hangout where people can attack each other and somehow feel better about themselves.

SignalToNoise
10-19-2015, 09:31 AM
At the suggestion of some here, I ventured over to that site. I left before I really started. No offense to those of you that go there, but it not a great board. Its more of a "whoever says something gets attacked" no matter what the topic. Even msu fans are some how infected with the disease.

I found it to be nothing more than a low IQ hangout where people can attack each other and somehow feel better about themselves.

I've always felt the same about it. If you disagree with the official opinion then you will be met with personal attacks.

BB30
10-19-2015, 12:13 PM

Agree, thought it was an interesting topic though.

sleepy dawg
10-19-2015, 12:45 PM
To me top 10 is a no brainer. Name 10 other SEC quarterbacks you would've rather had starting for us last year rather than Dak. What other QBs could have won here like he did? Tebow, P. Manning, Manziel, Cam is all I can think of that I have witnessed being better than Dak in the SEC. After that, you're getting into guys who either played so long ago that they wouldn't be able to compete today, or you're in Alabama game mangers and Aaron Murrays... Sorry, but I would take Dak of Aaron Murray and Eli Manning any day.

To me the question is he top 5 of all time from SEC?

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 01:08 PM
To me top 10 is a no brainer. Name 10 other SEC quarterbacks you would've rather had starting for us last year rather than Dak. What other QBs could have won here like he did? Tebow, P. Manning, Manziel, Cam is all I can think of that I have witnessed being better than Dak in the SEC. After that, you're getting into guys who either played so long ago that they wouldn't be able to compete today, or you're in Alabama game mangers and Aaron Murrays... Sorry, but I would take Dak of Aaron Murray and Eli Manning any day.

To me the question is he top 5 of all time from SEC?

Does it matter if someone played a long time ago? An all time great is an all time great. You don't compare players by what they might do in today's game, you compare what they did vs their contemporaries. That's the only fair way to evaluate different era's. It's kind of like a debate of who was better? Ruth or Bonds? Steroid issue aside, you would have some negatives transporting either to different times. But the one who is significantly better than their peers are an all time great. Heck without them performing at unheard of levels before their time might not push athletes in later generations.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-19-2015, 01:15 PM

BOOM!

sleepy dawg
10-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Does it matter if someone played a long time ago? An all time great is an all time great. You don't compare players by what they might do in today's game, you compare what they did vs their contemporaries. That's the only fair way to evaluate different era's. It's kind of like a debate of who was better? Ruth or Bonds? Steroid issue aside, you would have some negatives transporting either to different times. But the one who is significantly better than their peers are an all time great. Heck without them performing at unheard of levels before their time might not push athletes in later generations.

You also have to compare level of competition. The SEC over the past 15 years is a stronger conference with higher competition than ever. To succeed in the SEC at QB recently is much more impressive than it used to be... at least to me.

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 01:48 PM
You also have to compare level of competition. The SEC over the past 15 years is a stronger conference with higher competition than ever. To succeed in the SEC at QB recently is much more impressive than it used to be... at least to me.

Sure that is a measurement but in the history of college football you don't think anyone has had to go through as tough of gauntlets as Dak's last two years, which were not as difficult as what the SEC west was from 2009-2012. That was a historic time for one division. It has not been quit as difficult although still very very good. That 8-4 2010 regular season with Relf might have been the most impressive 8-4 record in recent history considering what the SEC west did that season vs it's competition. But my point is that you have a lot of great QB's that in their time vs good competition were very impressive and their era does not diminish what they accomplished nor does it make them less relevant as an all time great. Jim Plunket was a great QB, Marino, Frazier, Charlie Ward, Elway, McMahon, Staubach, Baugh, etc are all time greats. Some transcended their era. Some helped usher in a change in offense, some just played their position as asked by their coach better than anyone prior.