PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky

msstate7
10-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Favored by double digits at home... We have to find a way to win this game. Any concerns?

Kemtucky's rb (Williams) scares me some with his big play ability

defiantdog
10-19-2015, 07:28 AM
Favored by double digits at home... We have to find a way to win this game. Any concerns?

We have to find a way to pressure towles to force mistakes. Teams have been successful running against Kentucky, but we can't run. This is not the best matchup for us right now. Dak will have to use his legs this game. Should be a good game

State82
10-19-2015, 07:49 AM
If Diaz doesn't cut the BS in the opening 10-20 minutes of games they all concern me starting Saturday.

BulldogBear
10-19-2015, 07:56 AM
Kentucky has trouble with an aggressive defensive stategy. Will we be aggressive enough is the question. It will be the difference in whether or not it comes down to the 4th quarter. We get after them and we're just running out the clock (or trying to) for a 13-20 point win come the final quarter.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2015, 08:19 AM
once again it will be a tough game that we should win, if we come to play. If we show up thinking that's all we have to do to win, like in the first quarter against Tech, it might not go our way.

Saltydog
10-19-2015, 08:39 AM
in Starkville two years ago. I think this game will be a struggle for us. We can win but we'll have to play 4 quarters of football to do so. If you remember from last year, Christian Holmes returned the onside kick and won it for us but they played our asses off and I would expect the same this year.

FISHDAWG
10-19-2015, 09:02 AM

I was way more concerned with La Tech than Kentucky ... we take Kentucky with out much problem but with an excessive amount of bitching on how we did it .... what is the spread anyway ?

CadaverDawg
10-19-2015, 09:08 AM
I'm concerned about the Kentucky game Bc they always play us tough...but I'm Really concerned about Mizzou. On the road, they have a good D. We'll see.

I definitely think our fans that are looking forward to Bama coming to town and us being 7-2, are jumping the gun. We aren't good enough to think of UK and Mizzou as gimmes, IMO.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 09:09 AM
We win by 10+

Thick
10-19-2015, 09:18 AM
If AU can beat them at UK, we should be able to handle them as well.

Jack Lambert
10-19-2015, 09:30 AM
I'm concerned about the Kentucky game Bc they always play us tough...but I'm Really concerned about Mizzou. On the road, they have a good D. We'll see.

I definitely think our fans that are looking forward to Bama coming to town and us being 7-2, are jumping the gun. We aren't good enough to think of UK and Mizzou as gimmes, IMO.

Even though we have beaten them five years in a roll they play us tough because they view us as a team they can beat. Plain and simple. We cover the spread.

sandwolf
10-19-2015, 09:33 AM
Even though we have beaten them five years in a roll they play us tough because they view us as a team they can beat. Plain and simple. We cover the spread.

Six years in a row. Mullen has never lost to UK.

Irondawg
10-19-2015, 09:37 AM
It concerns me because they are clearly a decent team and have a nice QB. Meanwhile every time I watch our games live or on replay I can shake the fact that I don't think we're much better than decent. We have an above average short to intermediate passing game and our defense doesn't give up big plays very often. Other than that we look incredibly pedestrian most of the time. Pass rush is picking up but it's negated by the fact that our LB's aren't covering all that well and our safeties until Bryant's play last week haven't shown one bit of playmaking ability.

Dental Dawg33
10-19-2015, 12:13 PM
We aren't going to lose to Kentucky or Mizzou. We have to quit starting games off slow and play solid the entire game. If we play Kentucky and Mizzou like we did in the second half against La Tech, we will win by two TDs or more. We will get it together...and we need to pretty quick before Bama rolls in to town.

SignalToNoise
10-19-2015, 12:25 PM
We have to quit starting games off slow and play solid the entire game.

Yeah, but we know enough about our team at this point- starting slow and adjusting at half time is what we do. Personally, I don't see that changing for the rest of this season.

sleepy dawg
10-19-2015, 12:49 PM
If Diaz doesn't cut the BS in the opening 10-20 minutes of games they all concern me starting Saturday.

Will you call for him to be fired now, or will you wait until after the first couple of series?

smootness
10-19-2015, 12:56 PM

No

FISHDAWG
10-19-2015, 12:57 PM
this is what Diaz does that Joeff Collins wasn't very good at ... adjustments

TrapGame
10-19-2015, 01:02 PM
this is what Diaz does that Joeff Collins wasn't very good at ... adjustments

Amen.

BB gets another P6 Saturday. Book it.

DownwardDawg
10-19-2015, 01:03 PM
If AU can beat them at UK, we should be able to handle them as well.

This is what I'm thinking. I think UK was better last year than this year.

Taog Redloh
10-19-2015, 01:11 PM
We are going to beat their ass. This is about the least concern I have ever felt about an SEC game.

Jack Lambert
10-19-2015, 01:13 PM
Six years in a row. Mullen has never lost to UK.

My degre from Stat was not in Math but I did get a speling scholarship offer from ole miss.

TrapGame
10-19-2015, 01:25 PM
This is what I'm thinking. I think UK was better last year than this year.

Didn't they lose a couple of go to guys on offense?

Bama_Dawg
10-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Amen.

BB gets another P6 Saturday. Book it.

Dunno about Bryant, but Redmond is DUE for one. Hope Towles gets cocky and tries Will....

TopDog58
10-19-2015, 03:48 PM
Towles had one outstanding game last year and it was against our secondary. He's cooled off dramatically since then. Our secondary this year doesn't scare me near as much as last year, and this game is at home. I think we win comfortably. 35-21 type game.

Percho
10-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Towles had one outstanding game last year and it was against our secondary. He's cooled off dramatically since then. Our secondary this year doesn't scare me near as much as last year, and this game is at home. I think we win comfortably. 35-21 type game.
If I remember correctly, he had a good day last year running the ball against us because we had dropped our linebackers twenty plus yards down the field.

DownwardDawg
10-19-2015, 04:17 PM

I'm not sure.

Really Clark?
10-19-2015, 04:27 PM

I don't think so. Their DT Lewis is out for the year from last weeks game and a LB is questionable, which is a pretty thin spot for them already I believe.